Quickly Heading for the Exit

Story Info
It wasn't a tough decision to leave the past behind,
4.2k words
4.1
89k
91
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
moreandmore
moreandmore
2,312 Followers

A flash story for the BTB crowd. It's another reader requested project. I've tried to weave their sketchy details into a plausible yarn.

Burton Cummings; Randy Bachmann: "You're tripping back now to places you've been to. You wonder what you're gonna find. You know you've been wrong but it won't be long before you leave 'em all far behind."

= = = =

My name is Howard Trembeth. I'm in the middle of the biggest transformation of my life. I avoided getting married until I was firmly established in my career. Lillith, my first and only wife, was born a month after me. We both celebrated our fiftieth birthdays earlier this year. We didn't have anything to protect, when we married, so there's no nuptial agreements.

Lillith and I have lived in this house for twenty one years. We moved in a year after we married and then brought our first born back here two months after we were settled. Our second child joined us two years later. Both of those kids are off to college.

I've recently convinced Lillith that we should move to a gated community for fifty and over couples. Once we had a firm commitment for our house, we put down a contract and a few thousand in earnest money to hold the new home.

Now you understand why most of our belongings are boxed up. I won't be moving to that house in the gated community though. Actually neither of us will. I just got off the phone with the realtor withdrawing our offer. Losing a couple of grand to pull off my exodus was a small price to pay.

Our time in this house is over though. We do have to move as we attended the closing three days ago on Monday. We have until a week from tomorrow to turn the keys over. Lillith thinks I left on a business trip yesterday morning. I haven't been employed since I resigned a week ago. I purchased a one-way ticket to Atlanta. From Atlanta I have a car lined up and will drive down to the gulf and then board a ship. I should be in my island retreat in a couple of days.

I'm not planning on divorcing Lillith. I do plan on taking the entire proceeds of our house sale, my 401K payout, and the bulk of our savings. With a newly acquired identity, I'm hoping to live out my life sailing around the Caribbean.

It has cost more than I care to admit to establish off shore accounts. With electronic banking, and an appropriate amount of money laundering, all of that money is now in my new identity's crypto-currency accounts. Since there are over ten thousand crypto currencies I'm hoping like hell the one I chose survives. I plan on converting that imaginary money back into something with more stability as soon as possible. Imaginary things can disappear at the most inopportune moments. Kind of like Lillith's wedding vows.

+ + + +

Around 3 pm I called Lillith. She answered on the fourth ring and sounded perturbed "Hi babe. How was your trip?"

"Alright, same stuff, different city. What are you up to?"

"Just boxing some more stuff up."

Okay, lie number one. She's thirty miles away at Arnold Pernice's house. He is Lillith's current lover. I don't really know if he is her first lover. Fact is, I don't care. One is too many. As much as I'd like to put a bullet in their heads, my revenge is simply to leave Lillith high and dry. Arnold's wife is likely to clean his clock.

"Are you marking the boxes that contain your stuff?"

"Yes dear. Mine are clearly marked Lillith. Yours are marked Howard. It will be very easy to put yours into your closet and mine into mine."

"Would you mind looking in my desk for my day planner? It should be in the top right drawer."

After a minute "I don't see it. Are you sure about where it is?"

Lie number two. You would have to be inside my home, like my brother is now, to even check. All I really cared was that my brother would have time to empty the house I sold. Since it appears she has no intention of returning any time soon, I'm confident my plans needn't change.

"No problem. You said you were having lunch with friends today. Where did you go? Would I know any of them?"

"We went to the diner by my office. Just some of the ladies I work with. What are you doing for dinner?"

Lie number three. My investigator says you drove to Arnold's place this morning at 9 am and haven't left yet.

"I'll probably just order a steak from room service. The company pays for it. What's on tap tonight?"

Other than your pussy and ass again slut!

"Just another load of laundry and packing. I hear the dryer buzzing, I should go. Call me later. I love you."

"Talk to you soon."

I guess once you start lying it gets easier. There was nothing about this woman that I could believe anymore.

+ + + +

There were two rental trucks at my old house with four guys loading things as quickly as possible. The truck with 'my stuff' was headed to the storage unit my brother rented this morning. The other truck was making its fourth trip to the consignment store. Both trucks were due back to the rental place by 5 pm.

By the time I hung up with Lillith my old house was most likely vacant. I was waiting for the confirmation from my brother. He had certainly earned the five grand I paid him.

The overnight package addressed to my attorney was ready to go. I'd signed all of the legal documents and was sending those, my house keys, and the garage door opener. Lillith would need to surrender her keys and opener as well. My attorney would soon be in touch with her.

I didn't bother to call Lillith again. When I attempted to talk with Arnold's wife and tell her about the investigator's report, she hung up on me. Such is life. She'll get the report, along with pictures and videos, as it is being delivered by hand today.

Then there were the sixteen packages that I mailed. Lillith's parents, her friends, her employer, her siblings, and for the hell of it, our kids all got the same package. I did put a note in my kid's packages notifying them that I was disappointed in them, disappearing, and did not know if I'd ever be back in touch with them. And the package I felt the best about, mailed to Lillith, allowed me to vent. Other than stirring the pot I'm not sure what I expected to accomplish. Still, it felt good.

'Lillith

By now you probably realize that your slut-like activities have resulted in the loss of your marriage.

I've taken all of the readily available money. I've also taken what I wanted from the house. The rest of our belongings were delivered to a consignment store to be sold. My attorney has the details. You can claim the proceeds. I don't care about an amount of money that small.

Don't bother looking for your jewelry. Those cash for gold places gave me a healthy sum of money. The rings from your aunt brought the most. My wedding band didn't net much but C'est la vie. That diamond earring set you received from Arnold, well it wasn't really worth all that much. Kind of like your wedding vows.

The house is vacant now and I withdrew our offer for the new house. That was just a ruse to get all of the proceeds for our house. Thanks for playing along.

I'm not planning on divorcing you. You can spend your money doing that, if and when you save up enough. I do plan on replacing you ASAP, not that you care.

I let the kids know that I'm disappearing. Since both were aware of your affair(s?), and kept quiet, I've decided to disown them. I've told them that as well.

There's really not much of a market for old white hookers so good luck to you in whatever career path you choose. If your parents hadn't committed all of their money to that retirement village thing, they might have been able to help you. Maybe you and Arnold can sleep in the same car. Maybe not. Don't know much about him. He's been a leach on society but that's apparently what you wanted instead of your cushy lifestyle.

Hopefully all of that leach juice you've ingested won't cause you too much heartburn. I did leave you your father's pistol and a box of shells. Too bad you were too busy to join me taking shooting lessons. Oh well, point and pull trigger. Got it? If you're going to do a murder-suicide, do them first.

If Arnold had kept his mouth shut I might never have found out about the two of you. Bragging to that bartender about how he took the anal cherry of some old bag named Lillith was your undoing. What were the odds he'd stop by my brother Steve's bar? Steve said he immediately perked up since there's not too many ladies with a name like Lillith. Karma for me I guess, especially when Arnold shared that selfie of him holding your sagging tits from behind you. When he paid by credit card, Steve asked to see his driver's license. After that it was pretty easy to get all the evidence I needed.

All of this for a pencil dick? How stupid can you be? Never mind, stupid enough. I hope you weren't planning on sticking it to me and running off with Arnold. You can still run off with him, but it'll be with him as your pimp.

Thanks for a few endearing memories but, for the most part, all of the other memories are tainted.

Howard'

+ + + +

Rather than keep my phone, I tossed it to the homeless guy snuggled up by the dumpster behind the hotel. I'd written down all of the contact information I cared to keep.

I got a good night's sleep. Truth be told, it took several of those little bottles of booze in the hotel room to do the trick. Since all of this was on my credit card I didn't care. I had no intention of being around to pay any bills. I have my doubts that any of the bills are going to get paid.

Lillith has been a housewife for the last twenty two years. She worked until she became pregnant shortly after we married. I had a reasonably good paying job so there was no need for her to work. Too much spare time, after the kids graduated high school, proved to be her downfall.

My investigator wasn't able to determine much about how Lillith and Arnold met or how long it had been going on. What he was able to find out is that both of my kids had met with them. For whatever reason Lillith had dropped by the college campus and taken them out to dinner. The investigator indicated he had followed them and taken video with audio. I was able to identify both of my kids. Arnold had been introduced as her paramour. Whatever Lillith promised them proved to be their downfall. They'd had plenty of time to call and talk to me, but it never happened.

After charging breakfast back to my room, I caught a cab ride to the used car lot. I simply left the hotel. I'll let Lillith try to figure out why I didn't check out. I wasn't scheduled to vacate until Monday. With my cheap set of wheels I headed for the coast.

By Saturday evening I was on the beach. Having successfully withdrawn a pocket full of local currency, from the account of my new identity, my first purchase was dinner and drinks. While eating, a very friendly scantily clad woman convinced me to spend more of that cash oh her. Compared to the pussy I'd been drilling for twenty some years, this one was energetic. It took a few hours between sessions but I got my money's worth for the night of bliss. Exchange rates made it such that I could do this every day of the week, if that's what I wanted. For the time being, that is what I wanted.

Planning on setting up new email accounts, I bought a notebook computer and cell phone. It'll be tough to connect the new me back to my previous existence. I set up a VOIP phone number and got an update from Steve. He indicated Lillith had called and hung up on him when he teased her about butt sex.

+ + + +

Lillith's story:

At least Howard left me the gun. In the shape I'm in, I lay awake at night and wonder if I should just end it all. At the time I was drunk on attention. I never realized it was just a game that Arnold was playing to turn me into his sex toy.

If you had told me a year ago that I would have an affair, I'd have laughed in your face. No way in hell would or could that happen. I guess I was ripe for the picking. I met Arnold at the gym. He would work out the same time I did. How did I ever fall for all those well-rehearsed lies? Somehow, deep down, I guess I desired someone, other than Howard, telling me I was cute, sexy, and desirable.

He was patient. Compliments turned into grabbing a drink and talking in the parking lot. Deciding to drive over to the fast food place for a snack was my first mistake. Why in the world would a married woman meet a married man in a private setting?

It took months of slowly playing me to the groping we did when we parted. I started thinking about Arnold when I was having sex with Howard. That was most likely what made it easier to succumb to giving Arnold a blow job. I'd already mentally done it so it was a short leap. Having my ego stroked about how good I did it and how my sexy sagging tits turned him on just fueled my demise.

After Arnold gave me an oral climax I felt he deserved my pussy. I really was a dumb bitch. We had progressed to meeting at his summer house once a week. It was pretty easy to come home a touch late from running errands. When Howard went out of town for a few days I was Arnold's sex toy.

Arnold wore me down on taking my anal cherry. Licking me to an orgasm, using the vibrating butt plug, and I caved. It was a combination of pain and pleasure. His cock wasn't even as big as Howard but the thrill of getting some strange was overwhelming.

Somewhere along the line he had me believing I should leave Howard, take my share of the marriage, and he would do the same to his wife. We could continue our sex-capades as a couple. I don't know what possessed me to tell my kids, but I did. I think Arnold guided me into that decision to solidify my desire to abandon my marriage.

When Howard left on that trip to Atlanta, I hadn't decided what I was going to do. I thought I handled the call from Howard deftly. It was only in the morning, when getting ready to leave, that I read the text from my sister. She'd received a package from Howard with explicit details of my affair.

"Arnold, Howard knows!"

"Good. You can start the divorce now."

"But, I don't..."

I shut up because I hadn't decided if I really wanted a divorce. I ran into the bathroom and puked. What have I done?

It was about that time that a car pulled up and a gentleman served Arnold with divorce papers.

"That bitch! She's not leaving me with nothing! Take care of your own shit. I'm out of here."

And with that Arnold drove off. After struggling to get home I found our house completely empty. I puked in my bathroom too. While slumped over the toilet someone rang our doorbell. There was an overnight package by the door. I feared the worst.

Howard's letter crushed me. I called my kids and told them of the nightmare my life had turned into. Both of them had received packages too. They had video proof of what a slut I had become for Arnold. They were shocked to realize that Howard no longer wanted anything to do with them. I guess they hoped for a chance to explain their reasons to him. I know I did.

After picking up some fast food I headed to the consignment shop. My credit cards still worked, which surprised me. Some of my stuff had already sold and the asshole there said if I wanted my shit I'd have to pay a cancellation fee. It was cheaper to buy back just the stuff I wanted. That fast food was no longer being digested.

When I called Howard's cell some drunk answered his phone. The kids had no better luck. I didn't figure Steve would help me, but I had to try. He laughed when I started asking questions.

"Tell you what Lillith. I'll pay you fifty dollars a night to be a topless waitress. You'll need one of those bras that sends them baggy things you call boobs skyward. What do you say?"

"FUCK YOU ASSHOLE!"

"Well don't say I didn't try to help you. Speaking of assholes, I heard yours was given up to someone other than your husband."

I hung up on the bastard.

This was the longest weekend of my life. Sleeping on the floor then trying to figure out what was else I should buy back from the consignment store. The only pair of shoes I had were the ones I wore home that day. None of my make-up made it. I went to the discount store and loaded up on bathroom essentials. I tried talking with friends and family but Howard had sent them the videos. Not a soul wanted anything to do with me.

The call from Howard's attorney was unsettling. The locks will be changed on Friday whether I'm still inside or not. Apparently I can be charged with trespassing if the home buyers wanted to go that route.

On Thursday night I loaded my worldly belongings into my car and slept in a cheap motel. The snot-nosed kid acted like I was a whore turning tricks. I had become homeless. I knew we had bank and brokerage accounts but after reading Howard's note I wasn't expecting to find any money. It took a long time at each institution to convince them I was entitled to have access to the accounts. I couldn't rent a cheap apartment with what Howard left me. Thankfully he hadn't cancelled our credit cards. If I watched my spending I could live on those credit cards for a year, or until they were revoked.

My calls to find a divorce attorney only added to my pain. I didn't have enough money to retain a lawyer. Not one was willing to take the case on a contingent basis.

When Arnold called and told me he had no place to stay, I laughed at him. He suggested we get together for a little misery loves company sex. I told him where I was staying.

Leaving the door ajar I sat and waited in my car. I left Arnold a note telling him to get naked. A few minutes after he entered the room I returned and opened the door to find a naked Arnold staring at me. I remember what Howard told me, point and pull trigger. I shot once and the bullet was almost perfectly positioned between his eyes, even though I thought I was aiming at his heart. I flushed the note down the toilet and waited for the police.

The officer I spoke with seem skeptical when I told him that I returned to find a naked man in my room and, before I recognized who it was, fired in self-defense. Make my day law you know. They confiscated the gun and escorted me down to headquarters. I was allowed to leave but two days later they arrested me for first degree murder. I forgot that there was a record of that phone call and they believe I ambushed Arnold.

My court appointed attorney can best be described as being green around the ears. I wasn't holding out much hope for being found innocent. At least my money and housing issues were put on hold.

Licking the pussy of my cellmate wasn't my idea, or something that brought me any pleasure, but she was so much younger and stronger that I had little choice in the matter. I told my attorney about it and all he did was get a hard-on. After three nights of being forced to bring my cellmate to an oral orgasm, I stabbed her with a shank and kicked the shit out of her. That got me out of that cell, but unfortunately, into solitary confinement.

I may not have to worry about the outcome of my trial as my ex-cellmate let me know I was a dead bitch walking.

When I asked where my dinner was, the guard told me I needed to please him or I'd starve to death. After he forced a load of cum down my throat I got my dinner plate. I wanted to die.

+ + + +

"Hey Steve, its Howard. What's new?"

"You better sit down Howard. Lillith shot and killed Arnold then tried to commit suicide. She's in a state mental institution."

It was surreal listening to Steve describe Lillith's ordeal.

"I'll talk to you later Steve. My head is spinning."

My attorney said he would investigate and I should wait for his analysis. Would I have anything to fear if I returned home? How do I go about getting my money back into the country? He told me to sit tight for a few days and he would confirm what Steve had told me, and what my options were.

moreandmore
moreandmore
2,312 Followers
12