Rachael Pt. 03 Ch. 04: The Opera

Story Info
Rachael sees the opera.
3k words
4
1.8k
0

Part 34 of the 50 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 09/08/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The Opera

Friday was a full workday and the end of the week. I went in eagerly, looking forward to a good day. I met several of my work mates in the break room, and got my cup of coffee. Everyone chatted about anything but work so I took my coffee and headed to my office.

Sitting in my chair and looking at the screen waiting for a spreadsheet to load, I heard someone behind me.

I turned around and looked and saw Mr. Barnett standing in the door.

"Good morning," he said. "May I come in?"

"Of course, it's nice to see you again," I replied as I stood up and offered him my hand.

"Are you getting settled in?"

"I am and actually enjoying the atmosphere and work."

"Good, do you remember our date for tomorrow?"

"I have been looking forward to it all week," I said.

"That's good but I have a conflict and I would like to ask you a question."

"Sure, what's the problem?"

"My wife wants to go to the country tomorrow and that involves leaving before noon. She also does not want to accompany me to the opera tonight. I wanted to ask you if you would like to go to the opera with me. Carmen is playing and it's in its first week."

"Tonight?" I exclaimed.

"I know it's short notice and it's okay if you don't want to go. I will manage."

"Oh no, I want to go. I don't think I have anything in my small wardrobe that would be appropriate. What are you wearing?"

"I usually wear a tuxedo," he replied. "You should talk to Ms Clara, she knows where to get things like that and if you have to buy a dress then give me the bill. I will take care of the cost."

"You are most gracious, I can't thank you enough and I would love to go."

"Wonderful, I will pick you up at 7:00 and we can have dinner before the show."

"I will be ready."

I went back to work, looked at the clock and silently measured the hours left for me to get a dress and be beautiful for my boss. I finished up that project and went to see Clara for a break.

"Hi, I have a problem and Mr. Barnett said you may be able to help me."

She looked up from her desk and stabbed my eyes out, looked at her watch and said,

"What is the problem?"

"He has asked me to accompany him to the opera tonight and I have nothing to wear. I have only been here for a week and don't know where to go find a dress on short notice."

A smile broke across her face and she said, "What kind of dress do you need?"

"He is wearing a tux, so it has to be long probably."

"You bet it does," she replied. "Do you remember the shopping arcade at the hotel you stayed in?"

"Yes."

"At the far end is a dry cleaner and tailor shop. Go in there and ask for Marge. She has a room full of rental dresses for formal occasions. She can outfit you in an hour. Take one of my cards and tell her I sent you."

"Really? I didn't know places like that existed. I'm so grateful."

"Just take good care of the boss," she said. "And take the rest of the day off to get ready."

"I am caught up, but I can come in early Monday if you have something you need done."

"No, just be on time Monday morning and enjoy the weekend."

"Good night," I said.

I left work and went directly to the Sheraton Hotel and walked down the shopping arcade. There were fine dress shops, jewelry stores, a men's store, even a drug store. I found the dry cleaners at the end of the row just like Clara said, and I walked in and asked the girl behind the cash register for Marge.

"What do you want with Marge?" the girl slurred at me.

I pulled out the card and said, "My boss sent me to get a dress."

She looked at the card and looked at me, then smiled and said, "Follow me."

She took me back down a long hallway to a small office. She opened the door and indicated I should go in.

"Hi, are you Rachael?" the lady behind the desk said.

"Yes, Clara sent me."

"I know, she called ahead. You're going to the opera and need a dress."

"Exactly," I replied.

"Let's get to it, time is short," she said and led me back to the hallway and down a couple of doors. We entered what looked like a small warehouse and she pointed to a tall screen with mirrors and indicated I should go there, undress, and wait for her. Several minutes later she returned with a rolling rack and half a dozen dresses.

"Let's see what fits you sweetie," she said.

I tried on several of them and then she handed me a silver sheath that was beautiful. The soft silk shimmered when I touched it. I was standing in my underwear when she took it off the hanger and held it for me to step into. The moment it came up over my slim hips I fell in love with it. It fit me perfectly, showed some cleavage, but when I looked in the mirror I saw the hourglass shape I dreamed about for so long. I didn't realize it, but my hips had filled out more than I thought. The dress gave me more than I could ask for.

Marge looked at me in the dress, checked me in the mirror and said, "stand up on the platform."

She set about pinning the hem and took a tuck in the back around the bodice. I didn't think it necessary, but I was not going to stop her.

"Take it off and give me 20 minutes to have it ready," she said.

"Okay."

Twenty minutes later she returned and said, "Put it on."

I stepped into it and it fit perfectly.

"Follow me over here," she said.

We walked to the front of the room and she walked up to a large wall of small drawers. She opened several of them and finally pulled out a necklace to go with the silver dress.

"You need this. Do you have shoes?"

"No, I guess I need to find something in my closet that will match."

"Looks like about a size nine to me," she said.

"Nine feels good, but I sometimes need a ten," I said.

She laughed and pulled down a pair of size 10 four-inch spike heels in a buff white color. I put them on and they fit very good. I walked across the room and came back.

"They feel great, I think I could wear them all night."

"Let me have them."

She reached into a large drawer and pulled out a bottle of silver color and a sponge. She opened the color bottle and proceeded to put the silver on the shoes. When she finished, they were beautiful and matched the dress perfectly.

"I have to charge you for the shoes but you can keep them," she said.

"That's fine, I said."

"I think that outfits you. I need everything but the shoes back by five PM tomorrow unless you think you will need them tomorrow night. If you do it's a second night's rent. Clear?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Good, now go and have a good time. See you tomorrow."

I left the hotel and went directly home with my new outfit. Oscar greeted me, and I told him that Mr. Barnett would call about seven. He said, "Fine." I told him we were going to the opera and he smiled at me.

Giddy with my new dress and the thought of going out in style. I wondered what restaurant he chose for us tonight. I could hardly stand still as I showered, washed and dried my hair and put on my makeup. I was ready 30 minutes before seven and I tried to sit still and calm my jittery nerves. I thought of all the things I did in my life and tonight made me more nervous than I anything on that list.

Mr. Barnett arrived right on time and smiled when he looked at me standing in the open room.

"You really are beautiful," he said.

"Thank you. The lady at the dress shop picked it out for me. I hoped you would like it."

"I love it, Rachael you are stunning. I can't wait to show you off on my arm. More to the point, do you like the dress?"

"Oh, Dave, I love it, I have never had anything so sheik and pretty."

"Then I will buy it for you, consider it a gift for saving my bacon tonight."

"You are too kind, but thank you."

We went downstairs and got in the limo to take us to dinner. The short ride to the Tobacco Company went without conversation. He just looked at me, adoring me, I never felt this way before. I didn't know what to do.

Dinner was delicious and the wine as well. I took it easy with the wine because I didn't want to fall over in my new heels. Mr. Barnett became very attentive but didn't gush over me. He made sure of my comfort, and he smiled a lot. I think it really pleased him to have me as a companion.

"Did Madame come to the city to see you?" I asked.

"Yes, as often as she felt she could leave the house," he replied.

"I don't remember seeing you around the house, did you ever come up there?" I continued.

"Yes, I flew there as often as I could. Usually only for an evening or an overnight."

"You flew?"

"Yes, I have a small plane and can make the trip in a little over an hour."

"Wow, you fly it yourself?"

"I do, I have a commercial pilots license and an instrument rating."

"I have never been in an airplane before. They scare me." I said.

"Well, we should do that sometime. If you sit in one and see how it flies, then you won't be scared anymore. They really are just as safe as a car if properly handled and maintained."

"I think I might like to try someday."

We finished dinner and got back in the limo. The trip to the opera house went quickly and we waited in the limo line to exit the car. I started to get jittery again and he sensed it.

"Nothing to fear here," he said as we exited the limo.

I couldn't speak, my heart climbed into my throat. The scene on the steps of the theater was just amazing. The building was a beautiful piece of architecture with tall columns, impressive scrolls and a gorgeous entrance. The people were dressed beautifully and the scene surreal.

We approached the doors and an usher stepped forward addressing Mr. Barnett by name and wanting us to follow him into a side alcove. We did, and he opened an elevator door for us to enter. The elevator took us up two levels and we went with the usher out into a beautiful wide corridor with lounge chairs, settees, and all sorts of beautiful furniture. About half way down this corridor the usher opened a door to our right and we entered Mr. Barnett's box. I notice a placard as we entered that said Barnett Realty. Pretty fancy, I thought.

There were two overstuffed chairs down in front next to the rail and I walked down to see what the theater looked like. It looked like nothing I had ever seen. It was huge, wide open, and with at least a dozen more boxes like this one spread out left and right. There were people milling about down below and the orchestra was entering the pit.

"Would you like a glass of champagne," he asked.

"Yes, thank you."

The sideboard in the back of the box held an ice bucket with the bottle in it and a tray of canapés. Mr. Barnett poured the wine and we went back to the rail and watched the proceedings below.

Generous to a fault, he realized that it was all new to me, so he proceeded to explain all the things in front of us. He pointed out features from the curtain to the pit to the different sections of the seating on the floor.

We stood watching and sipping until the orchestra began to tune up.

"We should sit and enjoy," he said.

"I am enjoying just being here," I told him.

"If you like this we can do it more often. The opera is a play like no other and you will either enjoy it or suffer it. The music is worth the effort even if you don't understand the play. There is a synopsis of the play in the brochure and it explains all the characters and scenes. Once you understand the scenes then you can just enjoy the music. I know this opera very well. I know each scene and what is going to happen. It's kind of like going back to see your favorite move time after time. You know what's happening and what's going to happen, but you enjoy it repeatedly anyway."

I picked up the theater card and began to read about the play. Soon the lights went down, and the orchestra began playing the overture and actors began to fill the stage. The music was total and complete. I felt it run through every bone in my body. There is something very special about live music as opposed to recorded music. It flowed thru me like a river of pleasure. I needed to stand up. I couldn't sit down. I moved to the edge of the box and just stood there letting the music wash over me. Then the first chorus began, and I shivered. The sound of the voices lifted me up and thrilled me. I never thought such a feeling possible. I surrendered to it completely; nothing else existed for me but that sound and the sensations it brought me. I enjoyed a moment that I would never forget for as long as I lived.

"Rachael are you okay?" he asked me.

"Yes," I stammered as I moved back to the chair beside him.

He took my hand and held it while my pulse raced on. I looked at him and he stared at me, smiling with his blue eyes open wide and bright. I wanted to hug him, pull him to my breast and squeeze him forever.

He held my hand all thru the first act. The intermission came, and we stood, walked back to the sideboard and poured another glass of bubbly. Not yet flat, I realized it was the good stuff. He pulled me close and whispered, "Are you having a good time?"

"More than you could imagine," I replied.

I leaned into him and nuzzled his neck. Lightly kissing his throat. I was overcome with gratitude and pleasure. I just wanted to share it with him. He didn't pull back and then gently moved his arm around my waist and pulled me in closer. "I like you too," he said.

I looked up at him, opened my lips and waited for him to kiss me. My eyes were half closed, my mouth dry with anticipation and my body pressed against his. When I fully opened my eyes, and closed my mouth he looked at me with hunger. He placed his glass on the counter and put both hands on my hips, pulling me tighter and tighter against him. I folded, squeezed and melted into his embrace. Why didn't he kiss me? I thought.

After several long minutes we separated and returned to the chairs. No words were spoken but he never let go of my hand.

We sat that way and watched the rest of the spectacle before us. When it was over I took his arm and we walked to the lobby and waited for our limo to return. The evening air felt clean and crisp, and I wished we could walk home and enjoy the feeling of the city and the night.

The short ride brought us back to my place and he went in with me. We were greeted by the night doorman and escorted to the elevator. Once we got in the apartment I turned into him and once again offered him my lips.

"Please kiss me, it would be the perfect end to a perfect evening," I said.

"Is that all you want?" he said as I felt his arms pulling me closer than I thought I could get.

"I want to please you, I want to make you feel as happy as I do at this very minute," I responded.

He leaned down and placed his lips gently on mine. They were soft and wet, I licked them with my tongue and waited for him to enter my mouth.

He pulled back and said, "Rachael, it would be too easy for me to undress you and take you to bed. I might never leave, but I must go home and prepare for my trip tomorrow to the country. Please forgive me for leaving so soon."

My impulse was to pull his face to mine and insist he stay with me for a little while. I wanted to feel him against my body again. But I broke the hold and allowed him to take a step back.

"The kiss will be more than enough to last me until next time," I whispered.

"I enjoyed our evening and I hope you have a good trip this weekend."

With that he turned and left. I felt empty and stupid. I thought he wanted my body, I was ready to strip right there in the foyer and pull his cock out and suck it forever. What is wrong with me? I used to think of sex as the most beautiful think on earth. Tonight, I learned that the opera might be better.