Racing Back to Love Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
demon160
demon160
499 Followers

Melissa listened to my stories with understanding. She held my hand and we cuddled close.

"That is how my life worked out outside of racing. I have been single now for 2 years and I'm so glad to be home." I said.

Mel raised her eyebrows and smiled as I said this. "So you're single now are you?" she asked quizzically.

Looking at Mel smiling so happily at me I decided to throw out a little teaser.

"I think that I might actually be taken after all." I said seeing Mel smile at me. I leant across and gave her a kiss.

"Oh I don't think you should be doing a lot of 'looking around' if you know what I mean." Mel replied before kissing me again.

"That is very good to know." I said.

We giggled and cuddled together again. Mel had not told me the full story behind her divorce yet.

Then she said "I suppose I should tell you about my life back here while you were away."

"Only if you want to." I replied.

"Matt we have never had secrets from each other have we."

"No M Dub we haven't."

Mel took a deep breath before speaking. "You know Paul and I married straight after Uni. We had Chloe within the year. We both had good jobs at John Hunter Hospital in Newcastle, I was in Oncology and he was in Emergency. We bought our first home and were paying it off. Jessie came along when Chloe was 3 and we were the picture of a happy family."

Melissa looked down a little before she spoke again. "I struggled a little after having Jessie. I was just feeling very overwhelmed and wasn't at my best. Paul was working a lot and not being a good support. His hours at the hospital only seemed to increase and the girls hardly saw their father............. I had my suspicions about what Paul was doing, but I couldn't put my finger on any concrete evidence. Paul and I seemed to be emotionally apart from one another, even when we were together."

Her beautiful green eyes started to tear up a little.

"About a year ago, he came home from work one day. I had been really busy at home that day and the house was a mess. The girls were mucking up......... It was then that he dropped the bombshell that he was moving to Western Australia with his girlfriend. Just like that."

Mel turned to look at me as the tears ran down her face. I put my arms around her and held her tight. She cried into my shoulder as I held her close. I kissed her hair and tried to reassure her.

When Mel dried her eyes and composed herself she continued. "He left divorce papers on the kitchen table, packed his clothes and left. He didn't even properly say goodbye to the girls."

"I was devastated............ I knew we didn't have the greatest relationship at that stage, but I just didn't see that coming. I didn't know what to do, or who to turn to. I spoke to my parents and they put me in touch with your Dad. He organised a very good divorce lawyer for me, and we achieved the best possible result we could...... Paul signed away all his rights to the girls. I am now their sole parent forever. He will have nothing to do with them ever again."

I was shocked at this. "I can't believe it Mel. How...... How could anyone not want to have anything to do with their own children, particularly two great girls like yours?"

"I'm just glad he isn't in our life any more. I only wished I had never married him." She said angrily.

I held her close again. "Mel I'm so sorry. I only wish I had known about this at the time. I would have been there for you as best as I could."

Mel looked up at me and smiled. She leant up and kissed me, lightly and briefly.

"That means so much to me MT. You have always been my best friend."

"And you've always been my best friend." I said before kissing her again.

We hugged some more before Mel spoke again.

"The girls and I stayed in Newcastle until February this year. Life got too difficult living up there by ourselves. I was juggling work, child care, schools, trying to pay the mortgage. It was really tough. My parents offered for us to move in with them and it was a good decision for us. I organised to transfer to the hospital down here and got a good role. Chloe changed schools and thankfully it wasn't a difficult transition for her.

"We moved back in with my Mum and Dad just after your parents passed away. I'm so sorry I didn't get to come to the funeral as I was working. I wished I had been there. Your Mum and Dad both looked after me so much, not only when we were kids, but when I went through the divorce. They helped me so much. I mostly wish I could have been there for you Matt." As Mel said this she smiled and ran her hand against my face. Her touch made me melt inside a little.

"Just seeing you again when I visited your parents was more than enough." I said with a smile.

Mel and I cuddled up together for a little, not saying anything, but just being close together.

I wanted to lighten the mood a little, so I decided to ask Mel a question.

"So I guess that you are single at the moment?" I asked with a smile and a giggle.

Mel moved up and kissed me. Deeply, passionately. Our tongues danced and hands held us close together. I loved holding her in my arms and she always held me really close. Breaking our kiss apart, Mel's eyes opened. Her beautiful green eyes looked straight into mine. I was entranced as her eyes drew me into her.

"Well Matt I......... I 'was' single. The best man I have ever known has come back into my life.......... And I'm not letting him go." Mel said still holding me tight.

"I'm not letting you go either." I replied.

"Good." Mel said before kissing me again.

The rest of the night was wonderful, but all too soon it had to end. Mel had to work the next morning and I was staying in Sydney the next night before the test day.

Saying our goodbyes was tough as I didn't want to let Mel go, even temporarily. She wished me well for Thursday and told me she would speak to me before then.

"I'll be thinking about you Mel."

"I'll be thinking about you too Matt."

We kissed again and said our goodbyes.

**********

Thursday morning found me at Sydney Motorsport Park for the first time in 10 years. The team was already there, mostly set up. I was warmly welcomed by Team Director Andrew and introduced me to the team members who were present to run the test. I was also introduced to the two other drivers who were testing that day, who were both much younger than me. He outlined the day. We would have 10 lap sessions in the car, probably 5 or 6 sessions. We each had one new set of tyres for the day.

The teams lead driver Franco was there to set the two cars up for the day. Once he did this he spoke to us about what to expect from the cars and gave a few little tips on how the cars handle. Each driver was assigned an engineer for the day, and I was working with Adam, the assistant engineer of car 14, the car with the co-driver vacancy.

The other guys went out first and I had a good talk with Adam, learning as much as I could. Watching the other drivers out there and seeing and hearing racing cars for the first time in months really awakened something inside me. The excitement that I used to feel about racing cars returned and I couldn't wait to hit the track. Team Director Andrew came over while we were getting prepped for my turn behind the wheel. He just looked across at me and I had a big smile on my face. I gave him a nod and he understood I was ok to drive.

The time came for me to drive the car. I looked at my phone and saw my favourite picture of Mel looking back at me, and her message from that morning 'Have fun MT. Drive it like I know you can xxx'. This made me smile and relaxed me.

Adam strapped me into the car and I discussed with him what I was going to do, and asked for a set of old tyres to be bolted onto the car. I wanted to learn about the car, as I had never driven a touring car before and I was going to be doing a few different things on my first few laps, before driving properly. Adam took notes of what I was going to do and smiled knowingly to himself.

The first few laps in the car must have looked ridiculous to anyone watching from the outside. I accelerated through the gears, before stopping suddenly. I slid the car around corners, braking really hard on the straights, stood on the accelerator, spinning the wheels. It would have looked like I had never driven a car before.

On the fourth lap I signalled to the pits as I raced past. It was then that I drove the car like it should have been. The laps went well. The car felt cumbersome, large and heavy, particularly when compared with the little F3 car I had driven previously. The power was great but the old tyres struggled to cope with the power and it didn't handle as precisely as I was used to. But I loved it!

I returned to the pits when I finished my laps and Adam was grinning at me. I got out of the car and took my helmet off. Adam and I went through the data and I gave him my impressions of the car. He told me the other drivers were laughing when I was 'learning the car', but they stopped laughing when I actually drove it properly. My times on old tyres were very close to theirs on brand new tyres.

The rest of the day went very well. I got faster in the car every time I drove it, feeling more at home each time. On new tyres I was easily the fastest of the drivers there. I gave Adam feedback on what I thought about the car, and what I thought the car needed to go faster and maintain its speed. Adam took copious notes on my suggestions and we really hit it off.

The test finished and Team Director Andrew thanked us all for being there and driving their cars. He would be in touch with us all on Monday to let us know. While the other drivers headed to their cars to leave, I went and thanked all of the crew and the engineers that were there. They all seemed to appreciate this. I also thanked Adam for his help throughout the day and Andrew for the opportunity to have a test drive.

As I travelled home I spoke to my sister about the day. Brooke was really pleased that I had such a good day. She asked if I had the drive and I honestly answered I didn't know but I had a good feeling about it.

I couldn't speak to Mel as she was at work, but when she got home that night she and I spoke for a couple of hours. She wanted to know everything that happened, what the cars were like, what the team was like, the other drivers. I told her everything and she was so happy for me. After we finished talking about my day and then her day, I told her that I missed her and wished I could give her a big hug and a kiss. She wished that too. We organised to have dinner together on Saturday night at my place. Mel couldn't wait to see me.

*************

Saturday night arrived and I had dinner all organised. I cooked my signature Italian meal, hoping that Melissa would like it. I had never cooked for her before and I was a little nervous. Mel arrived wearing her jeans, a jacket and a white florally top which showed off her amazing cleavage. Her hair was out and she looked gorgeous.

We kissed passionately when she arrived and cuddled together really close. Having Mel in my arms again was wonderful. I could smell her delicate perfume and was totally in her spell.

Mel enjoyed my cooking. "I can't believe you can cook so well MT. When you left home you were lucky if you could cook a piece of toast."

"Well M Dub, I had to learn quickly or else I would starve. I did plenty of growing up while I lived in England."

Mel smiled at me, almost seductively. "Yes you did."

After dinner we adjourned to the living room and I put on a movie. It was an old movie that we had first seen as teens. Mel laughed when I put it on and we reminisced about first seeing the movie at the cinemas that were no longer there, with a group of friends from school.

I was sitting at one end of the lounge and Mel was cuddled up against me. I had my arm around her and was very happy. I wasn't watching the movie, only looking at Mel. She turned and saw me looking at her. I leant across and kissed her. Mel wrapped her arms around me and kissed me. We started to make out.

Our kisses were more passionate than we had ever experienced together. I had slid down the lounge and Mel was on top of me as we kissed and snuggled. We explored with our lips and hands, tasting and teasing each other. Mel's perfume was intoxicating and kissing her beautiful neck was a joy to behold. Having my arms wrapped around her and feeling her beautiful breasts pressed against me was wonderful.

Melissa was feeling my chest as she kissed me. She found that I liked having my ears nibbled and she even reached under and squeezed my bum. She was moaning and groaning in pleasure, and I was doing the same.

My 'excitement' was beginning to show and I could feel myself pressing against Melissa as she cuddled up close with me. Mel must have felt this, as she adjusted herself and was pressing her 'excitement' against mine. We both moaned in unison. Mel looked at me and smiled, and I smiled back. We continued making out. Mel was moving her hips against me and I was returning the favour. I hadn't been this aroused ever and I so wanted to 'be' with Mel. No, I wanted to make love with Mel. I really did love her and I wanted to show her how much I loved her.

Suddenly Mel sat up. She had a weird look on her face, almost like she had seen a ghost. She hopped up off me and the lounge and said in a very flustered voice "Sorry Matt. I have to go now. I will see you later."

With that she grabbed her jacket and bag and went to leave. I called out "Mel, please don't go. What's wrong?"

Mel by this stage had reached the front door.

"Nothing's wrong. Sorry Matt I have to go. I will talk to you soon. Bye Matt." She sounded really flustered as she closed the door behind her.

I was in the hallway, stunned at what had just happened. What had just happened? Why did Mel leave? I hadn't pushed things too far had I? My mind raced over the events that had just taken place, trying to work out what I had done to cause Mel to leave. I could not think of anything that I had done to upset her.

About half an hour after Mel left I tried to ring her on her mobile, but it was switched off. I left a message. I was going to ring her home number, but she obviously didn't want to speak to me.

The next day I tried to call Mel again, but I still couldn't reach her. I was feeling confused and a little scared. I was worried that I had upset her and was going to lose her. To make it worse I still had no idea of what had upset her so much.

I went out to go for a run when I saw Melissa's mother Sonia and the girls playing in their front yard. I stopped to say hello and the girls gave me big hugs and were happy to see me. I noticed that Mel's car was not in the driveway and Sonia confirmed that she was at work.

"Sonia, did Melissa say anything about last night. She left my house in a hurry and......." I said with my voice and my expression giving away the anxiety I was feeling.

"Matthew ...... ummm, all I can say is you don't have to worry about anything ok. Just trust me on this."

"Are you sure Sonia? I am really worried......"

"Yes Matthew. I'm sure. Don't worry about this. It will all be alright." With that Sonia reached out and squeezed my hand to reassure me.

This relieved me a little, but I wished I could hear it from Mel. I said my goodbyes and went for my run.

When I returned home I decided to ring Brooke. I still was feeling anxious and wanted her sisterly reassurance.

We spoke together for a while before I explained to Brooke what had happened the previous night. Brooke listened and asked a few questions. Then she said "Matty I'm not an expert at these things, but I'm sure it will be alright. Especially if Sonia said not to worry about it."

"But what do you think happened?"

"Well, I think that Melissa might have ........ Been scared."

"Scared?"

"Well yes. It might have all been a bit overwhelming and she 'got scared'......... The main thing Matty is not to pester her right now. But you shouldn't neglect her either at the moment. Let her know you are there for her. It will be alright. I know it Matty."

"Ok Brooke. Thanks for helping." I said, sounding even more confused than ever.

I did take Brooke's advice and sent Mel a message.

'Mel, I just wanted to make sure u r ok. I am here 4 u whenever u need me. MT xxx'

I pottered around the house, doing more painting, really just trying to occupy my mind. The business with Mel and the upcoming decision about my driving were both weighing heavily on my mind.

That night at 7:30 my phone beeped. I looked and it was a message from Mel.

'Thank u MT. I'm ok. Sorry about last night. Can I c u tomorrow night? Hope u r ok too. M Dub xxx'

'I would really like that. C u tomorrow. Xxx'

This eased my mind a little, but I couldn't wait for tomorrow.

************

I had a restless night, and woke early. Knowing I couldn't go back to sleep, I went out for a run to clear my head. At home I set about doing some painting in the bathroom. I did this for a couple of hours and was about to have some morning tea when my phone rang. I answered it.

"Hi Matthew, its Andrew Jamieson from Team Roberts-Hart Racing here. How are you today?"

After exchanging pleasantries, Andrew asked me about the test session, and my impressions of the car and the team. I told him honestly that the car felt good, but there were areas I would like to try and work on to improve performance, and that the team was excellent, the most professional I had ever worked with. I again thanked him for the opportunity of the test drive.

"Matt, the team was very impressed with your performance at the test day. Not only your speed, but the way you conducted yourself especially. They were most impressed by the fact that you took time to learn how to drive the car a little before trying for lap times, and that you had the confidence to say that you were going to do this. The feedback you gave to the engineers was excellent. It was concise and to the point."

"Thank you Andrew."

"And for these reasons I would like to offer you the co-driver position for car 14 in this year's endurance races."

Andrew outlined the 3 race deal, with another 2 test sessions included, as well as the various PR duties I would be required to perform with the team. I thanked him and accepted the offer, subject to the contract being suitable (I had learned that from Dad). Andrew expected this and he immediately emailed me the contract and I told him he would have my full response by tomorrow morning.

I then rang my solicitor and emailed the contract to him. He checked it out and made sure it was all correct. He noted to me that the team had included a clause that I couldn't negotiate with any other teams until 1 week after my final event with the team. I said this would be ok and he encouraged me to sign it.

I couldn't believe it. I was a racing driver again.

I contacted Andrew again as I forwarded the signed contract to him, and he outlined a timetable of what was to happen in the next few weeks. Team photos, press releases, interviews, drivers suit fittings were all part of what was happening soon. I was to head down to the workshops on Friday to start the process, and I would test with the team in Queensland in July and Sydney in August before racing at Sandown in Victoria in September, Bathurst for the biggest race of the year in October and the Gold Coast at the end of October.

I rang Brooke and Simon and they couldn't have been happier for me. Brooke asked me about what was happening with Melissa and I told her of our text messages. She again said that it will all be alright.

I then messaged Melissa. 'M Dub I'm a racing driver again!!!!!! Woo Hoo!!!! Car 14 for Team Hart- Roberts.'

About an hour later she replied 'Oh MT that is awesome.' About a minute later a second message came through 'Can I see you tonight about 7:30 after I put the girls to bed.'

demon160
demon160
499 Followers