Ratings in Loving Wives are Brutal!

Story Info
Comparing ratings of Loving Wives versus other categories.
932 words
4.64
2k
9
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Tomh1966
Tomh1966
404 Followers

I've heard the saying, "Take your score on Loving Wives and add.5 to it for what it would be in any other category. I was curious so I input every story for the same date range for four categories and analyzed them. Yes, I was too lazy to do every category. If anyone wants to add a different category, feel free.

One issue I quickly ran into was some categories have so few stories and others have mountains of stories. It would be easy to put every score onto a spreadsheet for a month in the Romance category and a nightmare in Erotic Couplings or Incest.

Loving Wives, is the category everyone seems to love to love, love to hate, or hang out in and just be a troll. Authors with multiple stories in Loving Wives are used to the first days of a story going live. The scores go up then crash down as the 1 bombers bombard the story and downvote it if the story does not go the way they want it. Stories where the wife is not burned at the stake after being flayed alive get "CUCK SHIT!" comments. The guy fucking some other guy's wife doesn't have his dick cut off and shoved down his throat?! CUCK SHIT!

Actual cuck shit... CUCK SHIT and you are a worthless pussy who desires sex with goats.

Many of my favorite and least favorite stories are in Loving Wives and that is odd about the category. A lot of the worst stories I've seen were there including a few that got pulled. Yet, there are the best there too. We Need to Talk Honey by Britease, The Far End of the Beach by Bigguy33, After the Future is Gone by Notalenthack. Great reads.

Probably the most influential story or close to it is in Loving Wives: February Sucks. Most of the stories are mostly unrealistic or certainly rare. Do wives cheat with NFL stars? Yep. LOTS. See Fletcher Cox and Joshua Jeffords for what actually happens most of the time. The wife quietly takes contact information and cheats very quietly until she is found out.

Good people vote on these stories. Trolls vote on these stories. If someone gets that H beside their story in LW, they earned it!

Unrealistic? Yep, and that is where I start reading first most days.

Loving Wives with its brutal audience is home to a number of my stories and even ones that were generally scored well got 1 bombed and rude comments.

When I wrote my first story, Karma Bus Route 1, the score was over four early in the morning, then the 1 bombers hit and the score crashed down far below three to finally settle around the 3.6 mark eight months later. I look at it now and wince, yet that story is a hair above average in score!

I analyzed Romance, Erotic Couplings, Incest, and Loving Wives. I used all stories that allowed ratings and ignored those that had no score completely.

I used October 1 through October 5, 2023 as the data set to avoid the issue of wildly fluctuating scores early on. I chose this date range to be recent enough to be current, but far enough back to fall off the 'most recent' lists and be reasonably stable in score. That may not be enough for Romance and incest as a few stories were rated 5 but did not have an H which meant they had low enough votes to not have a stable score despite being well over 1000 views.

So how much harder is the audience in Loving Wives? MUCH harder.

I counted 58 stories. Scores ranged from 2.13 to 4.78.

The average was 3.57! Yep! If your story rates 3.58 or above, you are above average!

The median was 3.68! If your story rated 3.69 or above, your story was in the top half of stories.

Just 1.7 percent got 4.5 or greater for the coveted H badge. 1 Story in 5 days! For kicks, I ran several other five-day date ranges and only counted the red H stories and came up with similar numbers. I did not actually analyze the scores beyond running a search by date and counting H badges for those searches.

31 percent were scored above 4.00

19 Percent ended up less than 3.00

Romance with 25 stories over the same time. The range was 2.8 to 5.
Average =4.51

Median =4.63

64 percent had 4.5 or greater for the coveted H badge.

92 percent were scored above 4.00

4 Percent ended up less than 3.00 (1 story)

Erotic Couplings with 82 stories over the same time. The range was 3.31 to 4.79.

Average =4.42

Median =4.44

40 percent had 4.5 or greater for the coveted H badge.

90 percent were scored above 4.00

0 Percent ended up less than 3.00

Incest with 99 stories over the same time. The range was 3.54 to 5.

Average =4.48

Median =4.52

56 percent had 4.5 or greater for the coveted H badge.

95 percent were scored above 4.00

0 Percent ended up less than 3.00

As you can see, adding.5 to your score is probably not enough. About a third of Loving Wives stories were scored above a 4 versus the vast majority in other categories were rated above a 4.

Well, thanks for reading my dry statistics and random blatherings. Feel free to put larger data sets into a spreadsheet or give the statistics for other categories, but this gives an idea of how much harder the Loving Wives readers grade.

Tomh1966
Tomh1966
404 Followers