All Comments on 'Ratings in Loving Wives are Brutal!'

by Tomh1966

Sort by:
  • 28 Comments
VeracityHeterodyneVeracityHeterodyne5 months ago

I think LW has it about right. The others are too easy.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy5 months ago

Well done! I follow almost 400 writers on this site. I generally give their new stories a 4 or 5 unless the category is one I don't read. Then I don't give it a score. I try never to down score a story I don't like.

5

UpperNorthLeftUpperNorthLeft5 months ago

Bravo! Thanks for digging down into the data for the rest of us.

/

I think it’s very revealing to convert your results to a percentile score, which tells one how one compares to the rest of the writing herd. That tells us pretty clearly how much difference there is between a score of 4.5 in LW and those other categories. So, here’s what a score of 4.5 means in the following 4 categories:

/

Romance — 36th percentile — your story outscored at least 36% of the other stories.

Incest — 44th percentile.

Erotic Coupling — 60th percentile.

Loving Wives — 98.3 percentile.

/

Not to throw shade against writers scoring well in other categories, but when looked at in this light, a 4.5 in LW is definitely something to be proud of.

UpperNorthLeftUpperNorthLeft5 months ago

Just to tag onto my last comment, I would therefore love it if the Literotica Power That Be would include a percentile score for stories, along with the other statistics shown for that story.

/

The current scores posted for stories are an average (i.e. mean) of reader ratings. The mean is notoriously susceptible to influence by outliers (i.e. folks who vote 1 or 5). Percentiles, on the other hand, are fairly robust to the presence of outliers.

/

Tomh1966’s data suggests that there is either ‘grade inflation’ in other categories, or ‘grade deflation’ in LW, depending on your point of view. :)

/

A percentile score helps to neutralize both the outlier problem and the grade inflation/deflation problem.

DanDraperDanDraper5 months ago

It amazes me that these readers go into this knowing what the category is about just to be angry at the characters and leave a negative rating or comment; the most common that you mention is "Cuck Shit" or something like it, and "whore" is thrown out a lot too. You can obviously see that some of these commenters have issues with women in real life and are using the anonymity of the internet to just express these opinions. A lot of these LW stories are very good and fun to read; if you don't like it, the just don't read that section.

lc69hunterlc69hunter5 months ago

I have been here on Lit since 2007, and Loving Wives was a much different place then. Probably 90% of the stories were about sharing, swinging, swapping, cheating, cuckolding, both consensual and nonconsensual, and almost any other non-monogamous activity you can think of.

There was no SPH, humiliation, chastity, because that is a fetish thing and was posted in Fetish or BDSM. (Except in porn, that is not part of the cuckold dynamic, except at the extremes. Scores were generally in the high 3's and 4's. The same stories published today would be at least a half point lower.

The Johnny come lately BTB'ers, both writers and commenters, by their comments and writings, show that they have no clue who or what a real man is, or what he does. The have this fictional character somewhere locked in their little brains, and can't be convinced otherwise.

Rant off. Good essay

LT56linebackerLT56linebacker5 months ago

Take the numbers out. Strictly a gut call, you are absolutely right. As I have said, "Loving Wives" is the big leagues. 'If you can make it there, you can make it anywhere.' Thanks for the research, though. The Bear liked it.

The BEAR

inka2222inka22225 months ago

There's lies, big lies and statistics. You're not comparing apples to apples. You're comparing stories which have a moral angle (people who do wrong and victims), to stories that are either straight up ethically/morally neutral (most Romance); or stroke stories (EC); or to stories hidden away in a very specific niche category that ONLY aficionados read (e.g. "incest"). An actually interesting comparison would be to compare LW cheating stories with "Incest" category cheating stories. I bet the scores differ significantly, because the latter are only read by incest fanatics looking mostly for a stroke story to satisfy their kink, who don't have a preference morality wise. Another experiment is comparing stories where marriage ends by cheating vs. a spouse dying from disease (where again the moral angle largely is missing other than hopefully-universal approval of standing by your spouse, although I suppose pro-cheating crowd may not approve of that behavior either).

/

And yeah, "cuck shit" is not an articulate comment. But at least it doesn't personally attack people like pro-cheating people do (both authors and commenters - including ones under THIS post) do. It merely tries to state that justice and morality has not been served in the story. Pro-cheaters hate those comments not because they are poorly stated and rude - they also hate 5 paragraph long dissertations I post that are actually polite and articulate but are critical of a cheater not getting what they karmically deserve and the victim being shortchanged. It's a moral disagreement, not a stylistic one.

/

Additionally, "Realistic or not" is a rather poor criteria on a site with average 14" cock, average 12/10 beautiful women, and minimum 2 hour long lasting sex among people 33% of whom are Navy Seals and 10% are in the mafia. People flock to **fiction** because it is fictional. If we want realistic legal consequences of cheating, we can read real new stories or court documents or divorce statistics.

Tomh1966Tomh19665 months agoAuthor

>Romance — 36th percentile — your story outscored at least 36% of the other stories.

Incest — 44th percentile.

Erotic Coupling — 60th percentile.

Loving Wives — 98.3 percentile.<

*******

Random thought. The more generic the category, the harder it is to score well.

Romantic and Incest have a formula the readers seem to love and score those stories well. Want a slam hunk H? Write a decent story about a mom and son in Incest. I don't care for the category but chose it because of vast readership numbers

EC is harder, but not extremely hard, but there are more differing wishes there.

LW has the BTB vs Cuck dynamic.

I'm not a fan of 1 sided hotwife stories or cheating stories without a turnabout in favor of the cheated, but I actually do like swing and swap stories if both sides get laid. Something that plays poorly in scoring in LW.

I do something VERY VERY strange tho. I usually dont comment on a story until it actually offends me. (Like the one where the husband put nerve agent into a syringe and killed the womans nerves in her private parts. It was named something about Pandoras Box and the story got pulled.) I did score that a 1. Otherwise I usually just change the channel and go to the next story.

To show you how wrong-headed I am... Most of the top score dstories in LW are 'The Shack' series and... I don't get it. I don't hate them, but... shrug. The comments glow and so do the scores. I read about 5 of them and did not score nor did I write comments in the comments sections. So shows ya what I know.

RanDog025RanDog0255 months ago

Last week I read a story and there was 5 comments with almost Identical word, like the Anon was trying with as little effort as possible to seem as different. I have my Favorites and am very loyal to them. Outside my favorites, when I open a story I go straight to the comments to see if I can find out a little about the story. There are some categories I just don't partake. Some of the best stories I read on here, well I just can't believe the low scores, but that is seldom. I started reading a LW story yesterday that was some pretty sick shit. Started out alright but it definitely should have been in a category all it's own, like Sexually Demented.. Anyway, I rated your last one, "I Call Dibs" 5 BIG ONES. Seems everyone gave it high ratings. I have discovered in the last half year, Literotica has problems they just aren't getting fixed. I don't know if they just don't care, cannot figure how to fix it or are just too lazy. I go to a past story to reread the story and there is the heart that I click on to list as a favorite but no score. I know I score every story I read because I have taken screen shots of this and other Authors and I have chatted about this and have submitted this to Literotica along with another fix they don't care about. We do you think other Authors have given up and have left posting here? Good luck in the future Tomh.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Thanks for the info. But, dude, get some therapy! 🤣

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I mostly agree, how can you be a "loving wife" if you, with out consent, make your husband a cuckold?

How can you be a loving wife if you whip and beat your husband against his will? How can you be a loving wife if you cheat and commit adultery on your loving husband???

Plenty_of_FishermanPlenty_of_Fisherman5 months ago

I wrote a few stories about some of my life experiences in the dating scene. It wasn't awe inspiring or epic. Just a guy greener then grass starting dating at 34 and finding out everything I thought was dating was not even close to reality.

There are some really screwed up stories and I likely had the most vanilla experiences.

I had my stories open to comments and ratings. Then a troll came along. His purpose was to do nothing other then belittle my story, me, and downvote it. If he didn't like it fine. I was going to respond and had even responded. But then I thought about it. That is exactly what he wants. He may never even read the comment because he is too busy trolling other stories.

After that I turned off ratings and comments.

I still have other stories and will eventually post them. Hell some of these stories are just plain bonkers like a 57 year old attending a swingers get together and ducking out to hook up with me. Though it is not officially confirmed that is what happened but as I could figure out things later with more experience the things that made no sense make sense now.

I'm nearing 50. I need to stop letting bullies and hateful people like the trolls get to me. Though the Feb Sucks story is probably the greatest of all time simply because of all the stories that have come from it. I have the Original by Mr. Anderson and 70 spinoffs/sequels/reimaginings in a folder on my text reader. And 70 is just the ones that I kept.

It was nice to see that it isn't just my imagination about the Trolls. BTW I have some of yours stored on my text reader to read whenever I am sitting around. I Call Dibs, Fixing the Past Ch. 01 to 04, Tenth Anniversary, and The Knife Cuts Both Ways Ch. 01 and 02. There are a lot of authors and stories so I end up bookmarking authors to go through the rest of their stories. Odds are if I like 4 or more there are others I'll like.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Actually, most ratings on this site are inane. There is no criteria, so the ratings are bullshit.

.

Logically, the default of any unread story should be a 3. Average. You don't know if it's good or bad until you read it. However, how many times does the writer request a 5? How many times does a commenter states something along the lines of "The story had this problem or that problem, but I'm giving it a 5"? Face it, in reality to many the default is a 5.

.

a 5 should be for something that's perfect, but if a writer doesn't get that, it's "Oh no, I didn't get a 5. Horrors!"

.

Hell, I'd extend that to site's such as IMDB. Most critics score a movie on 1-5 stars. IMDB doubles that.

So, logically, a critic rating of 3 should correspond to a rating of 6 on and 1-10 scale. However, on IMDB a rating of 6 is considered a rather poor rating.

jmm999jmm9995 months ago

Good points made. Personally I do not read stories I know I won't like. Sometimes I can spot them in the first couple of words. ie 'My husband' - I don't care for first person female. Surely you have to be a masochist to deliberately wade through a tale that's going to piss you off?

LW is largely about cheating wives and by definition that leads to 'Cuck Shit'. I suggested to Lit - why not allow submissions to be in more than one category? That might at least quieten the category police. As expected, they didn't reply.

But even if they had, I'm sure they would have refused, or said it's too difficult. And I think I know why. I once saw an interview with a Hollywood movie director. He was adamant that all movies must have conflict. And that's what Lit wants : idiots 'entertaining' us with their outrage and disagreenemt.

J

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

It is weird how people go on the internet just to break balls. Even some Yelp reviews are like that. Any time I see a rating on a place or show, I try to look up the reviewer's history of reviews and see if they are either douches or have a vested interest in rating something good. I can't understand the animosity toward Loving Wives stories though, they are just stories that nobody is forcing them to read.

inka2222inka22225 months ago

... and I'm not even going to cover the scoring problem - aside from the already stated obvious "it's 100% arbitrary", you also don't have a way to score technical vs. artistic merit, so you get a beautifully told story with comments of "3 stars because I found 5 commas out of place in 7 page free internet story" type - as well as 1 bombs from those who hate the story's message, but honestly admit in comments it was high quality text, well written.

silentsoundsilentsound5 months ago

Thanks for the analysis and your work as well.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

It's not just this site that has this issue. Most of social media has this issue. Trolls everywhere that have time on their hands. Loving Wives takes a bigger hit because the trolls are pissed off at their wives or that their girlfriends have shut them off. Maybe they're looking for a quick wank and can't find it?

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

If you want to adopt some one-bombers all you must do is write a female character having an extra-marital affair in Loving Wives. They will attack you in comments and then follow you for years - literally years - dropping one-star ratings on everything you write regardless of content.

It’s not just LW. A cheating woman in romance will earn you a few hate followers. LW is the cesspool of Literotica.

These miserable trolls have no lives. They have never contributed a worthwhile sentence to this community. I assume they’re all impotent old men whose wives had to go outside their marriage to get what she needed. Now they are bitter, lonely, and taking out on you. They are one-star cucks.

The fact Literotica doesn’t support their writers and contributors by changing the voting system and dealing with this problem says a great deal about the business.

BeBopper99BeBopper993 months ago

5* Totally agree with you! The psychoes, trolls, and non-writer trash can be found in LW. A new should be you may only score and comment in LW if you have written at least 2 stories.

bacchant2bacchant23 months ago

I totally agree. The site must lose writers significantly because of negative feedback, not everyone is thick skinned. I cant see the logic in allowing it unless its because the dumb also use the webcams. I agree with the obvious answer, comments should be allowed only from other writers.

NickTeeNickTee2 months ago

Not sure how I found this submission but it confirms what most say. I think that the answer to some of the vicious comments is to not allow anonymous comments. As far as thescoring is concerned, I think that once a story has received more than 20,000 ratings those that try downgrade it become a statistical minority. But I'm new to all this so I may be wrong

pdiddyd55pdiddyd55about 2 months ago

One of the first stories that I wrote, I placed in LW. Lesson learned. There are 4 chapters in that storyline. I posted the rest in Fetish. I was astounded by the “hate” comments and realized that the fantasy that I had for my main character (eating creampies) was the item that was most offensive. In the end, I write stories that I like with the hope that I can find someone else that enjoys them.

Thank you for taking the time to do the statistical analysis.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Old saying: EVERY ONE IS???

LOVE slap-hapy-papy- #9

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

You may want to take into account selectivity issue. People who read stories in categories such as Incest, Erotic coupling and Romance have already had expectations about what they would find in the stories. LW can go either cheating wife, cuckold, btb, an actual LW, RAAC and so on. And as we have seen, if a story doesn't fit their expectations, it would automatically get 1 or 2.

SeaChangerSeaChangerabout 2 months ago

Nice work ! Sample was small though, +/- accuracy could be large, but I certainly agree with your result.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTomh1966@Tomh1966
Note that I am rarely on Saturday and Sunday which can cause delays in... well anything to do with this site. Currently working on Fixing the past 5. Stuck majorly. Heartbreak and Hope 6. 70% done and will cover several weeks. The Fifth Letter- dystopian future love story...