All Comments on 'Read it to Me'

by Regguy69

Sort by:
  • 42 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

5 Stars. Nicely done. You're very talented.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I still could not fully understand whether Amy really cheated until the last confrontation with her husband? Or is that why she so easily and coolly agreed to a divorce in order to be able to complete her flirtations in bed without feeling guilty and afraid of being caught by her husband or co-workers?

TajfaTajfaover 1 year ago

The split seemed just too easy and quick. I think a bit more about what she had actually done would have helped the story. After a long marriage she just let it go after a few words. I think a meeting after a few months where she confessed what she had done and how she was now regretting it on the many lonely nights she didn't hook up with random people. She might also have picked up herpes that meant her philandering days were very restricted. Still a good story.

demanderdemanderover 1 year ago

The breakup was too easy. But the stories part was great. Now, I wonder....... D

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I don't even really get the point of this story

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story, but I wanted some shit to fall on Amy. Perhaps if she had started to read Bill's stories and wondered why they became more adventurous and erotic after their divorce.

miket0422miket0422over 1 year ago

Interesting concept. The lack of interaction between Bill and Amy really muted any sort of connection I might have felt towards the characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

There's no such thing as "a little flirting".. flirting opens the door to other stuff.. stuff a spouse shouldn't be doing or thinking.... of course she was cheating.. she has the logic it's OK to flirt and play kissy face with younger guys.. if that's not a slut I don't know what is...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sorry man, but that was just tepid.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
Another Shallow Tepid Distant Marriage, Dying From Lack Of Interest

Which is fine, no? They had a great romance, great children, then kind of lost any interest in each other. But it does suggest a rather base or trailer-trash level of personality and virtue. There is nothing wrong with Amy deciding she wants to be single again and fuck around, as long as she alerts her husband and gets his permission or divorced. But especially for an experienced business woman Amy must know how the life of the promiscuous cougar usually ends. So maybe she's just that unintelligent and self destructive? Men age like wine, women age like cheese. And there are several venereal diseases that lurk in a woman's body for months or even years before the ravages become acute. Its pretty ugly, and obvious. Amy might wise up and snag some rich fat moron to secure her old age, but the odds are against her. The casual way the couple ended their marriage suggest they are both probably better off finding someone who really captures their love and respect. Sounds like Bill has, while Amy is still looking for Mr. Goodbar. Hope she finds what she needs instead of what she wants. Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

That was pretty unusual, but quite interesting…and yet not too far-fetched. The MC was certainly the best developed of the characters, but that worked for me. Another nice contribution from this author.

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66over 1 year ago

An okay story. The ending was weak, IMO, and didn't seem to fit the rest of the story. 4 stars

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 1 year ago

Enjoyed the read. Thought it was interesting how the marriage ended, maybe that should become an option when couples agree it needs to end.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 1 year ago

Fun read. I would have needed more depth in the back half of the tale to give it full ratings, but enjoyed it. 4*

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 1 year ago

Really liked it but wish he had burned her!

SkubabillSkubabillover 1 year ago

I gave the story four stars. As far as the story went, it was pretty good, but you are a very talented writer and I think you could have done a lot more with it

ronfawronfawover 1 year ago

I have no issue with the ease of the breakup. I think there comes a point in some relationships where the final admittance of the problem and lack of real love comes as a relief

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 1 year ago

"I assume she went to her room and never left." - I thought she was going to say that they weren't crashing early, that she saw something.

\

I agree that more about whether or not she cheated would have helped the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

no clue what the story was about...felt so insipid and without any reason!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
Well

This was a little different, I liked the story. The part where Bill meets Becca, a fellow writer of Erotica with whom he started collaberating with, had me wondering if this was a story about a favorite author from Australia who found his true love, a fellow author.

Coincidence? Maybe. But who cares? Both the MC and our Australia author are both very happywith their current love of their life. That's what matters. 😁

26thNC26thNCover 1 year ago

He won the wife contest for sure. Is this autobiographical?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

He should have told Amy: "Read them? You could have LIVED them with me, Amy. Been my inspiration. But instead you decided that playing the older tease, and probably more, for younger men was more your style. And you know, there is one thing I'll say in response to your disrespect for me: Fuck the hell off, and never talk to me again."

brackenhillbrackenhillover 1 year ago

It is an interesting theme but the premise that you would divorce because your wife could be having an affair without any actual evidence makes the story weak in the middle. Could have been a 5 star !

RanDog025RanDog025over 1 year ago

Very well written, thanks! 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS!

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyover 1 year ago

Good story. But the ending is missing something. Thank-you

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionover 1 year ago

I liked it and gave it 4-stars. It did raise a couple questions. Did Amy really cheat with her boy toys and cross the line that was perhaps not defined clearly, or was it all supposition and conjecture? If so, why did she loose respect for Bill, was it because of his writing or were there other factors and what were they? Just the main two questions that I don't think was addressed. I know it's fiction, but it could have been better if these questions were addressed.

My own thoughts are that writing, watching or reading porn is nothing compared to what Amy was doing.

But as I always say, it's JustOneMansOpinion.

muskyboymuskyboyover 1 year ago

Never developed the Amy character. No idea what happened between them or why she cheated? What about the kids? Becca seemed to be pretty irrelevant to the story. His writing never had a big role in this story either. You have written many better stories..

Rw43Rw43over 1 year ago

Readers seem preoccupied with the uncertainty of Amy’s fidelity. Why? If Bill was gonna BTB, I get it. But all he accused her of was checking out on the marriage, which she didn’t deny, nor did she consider the reversal of her behavior to be a worthy goal. Ergo, the marriage is over.

<>

Now personally, I hate to see either fictional or real marriages come to an end. It usually means that both spouses are never going to realize their maximum benefits from all the emotional investments they’ve made in each other, and usually it’s too late to get maximum returns on a substitute account. Therefore, the best ROI usually comes from staying together, even if the return is more marginal.

<>

However, that presupposes that the spouses can balance the relationship effectively. No marriage is totally balanced, and sometimes the balance shifts as time passes. In this story, Amy’s equity had grown to a point where she seemingly thought more highly of herself than her husband—not just because of her derision for his hobby, but also her presumptions of his willingness to serve her interests and then neglect him.

<>

So it turns out tha

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Amy appears to be an extremely self absorbed creature who has no room for any real concern for Bill. The difference I see is he does care about the marriage and she doesn't have the time or patience for anyone but herself.

bruce1971bruce1971over 1 year ago

I really enjoyed this. You slowly develop the chasm between Bill and Amy, while building up the relationship between him and his fans. It's a nice transition. And I really like how you play with the idea of intimacy in storytelling, and in showing a story to someone else. 5*!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good sections but left many unanswered questions. Too pat.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

His wife kissing another man is no reason to divorce her?!? What kind of brain damage does he have? Women divorce their husbands over much less than that. In fact, let’s flip the sexes: suppose it was a man flirting with the wife of his subordinate. How would everyone react? Pretty sure that his wife would end the party, kick everyone out, and tell them to take the asshole with them. This idea of “innocent flirting” is insanity!

ZK

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Good story, I appreciate plausibility, there is an old quotation or saying, something like " this is how it ends, not with a bang but with a whimper" just like most failed relationships,

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

If you Google flirting you'll that flirting is a way to get validation your attractive AND a way to hint your available. The person doing this is creating a road away from their partner and cloaking under the umbrella of harmless flirting. Flirting is a direct form of disrespect and a clear and present danger flag of disloyalty and a solid reason for distrust. Throw in the "innocent kiss" or "fondle and the woman/man has unconsciously chosen to begin cheating.

If I saw this happening I give my wife two choices. Marriage counseling or divorce. No other option.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Amy was a skank so good riddance

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

The story was interesting, but meeting with Becca was kind of a soft landing to the overall story.

shadrachtshadracht6 months ago

Just okay. It feels empty in too many places and just lacks that interest and passion to make it more than okay.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Meh. This story was a misfire.

Calico75Calico7527 days ago

Fun story because of the links to Lit, but kind of bloodless or emotionless. And why in the world would Amy become interested in his stories after having been so revolted by the idea for years?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userRegguy69@Regguy69
I try to read all comments and have never deleted any. I have learned a lot from the constructive comments I have received, thank you for those. I hope my efforts provide some entertainment for you. All of my characters are fictional and are not intended to resemble anyone, li...