All Comments on 'Real Men Don't Dust'

by Skippy47

Sort by:
  • 100 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
One question

Why does that useless harpy cunt Cynthia get off without consequences

That bitch needs burning

PowersworderPowersworderabout 4 years ago

Good story. I don't know why he even considered going back to Cynthia after the shitty way she treated him. I'm glad he divorced the bitch and got to be with the love of his life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
it's kinda pathetic isn't it?

some slut dumps him, because he was just a 'back-up plan'

his new wife, that he made emotional space for, and was most likely NEVER a rebound, or if she was it grew into a real romance fairly fast. that same new woman violates his trust MANY times, cheats on him, plans to divorce him, and cries like a sad manipulative sociopath to do damage control when confronted and running low on options. so his new wife is a sociopathic slut. she even tells him about her other lovers during their separation when things don't go EXACTLY her way.

and he literally runs off and marries the slut that treated him like a plan b...because reasons? we're never told her redeeming qualities besides HOT. his sociopathic wife may live in many fantasy worlds, but she nailed that head when she said, 'is it because you're in lust with her?' BINGO.

The only, and I mean ONLY, saving grace is HOT g/f number one seems to have matured over the years now that she's acutely aware that she's older and less attractive, plus been a battered housewife for YEARS has made her humbled even further. So...the lesson is what here? Sometimes sluts can change IF men/women beat them? Also them aging seems to help humble them too.

This guy would have been WAY happier if he took his balls outta their purses, put em' back on his person, and told them both he can do WAY better than manipulative and shallow people. That's what they both were. Sure, one did it while he was younger, but why should he STILL be her plan B, because that's why she called him. "Good ol' plan B is still alive, and recently single. I should call plan B."She dumped him, cheated on him. Used him. Those aren't qualities you immediately forget because, "oh no...pretty woman had a hard life? I'll rescue you."

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Both of the woman are trasg

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Wasnt terrible.

I think you could have gone further with this. I would go further with changing perspectives and perhaps even include gina before she returns so she doesn't seem too good to be true. Still, i like the idea of discovering the camera

ju8streadingju8streadingabout 4 years ago

so he dumps one cheat for another one?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Yeah mon, dat a loser in ma book.

Da puss are two fo a one price. Whores by heart and willing to fuck with he’s head but not with his junk. Fo dat da cunts have bigga betta cocks.

Poor cuck neva learning.

Yo story wuz ok if to show da wimp.

💨💨 💨 Spliffs from me, mon

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

The story was good, thank you.

I'm just not sure what to think of Ryan or his decisions. I think the Dumbass comment summarized my view.

TwentysevenTwentysevenabout 4 years ago
Wrong Choice

Not too many smart people in this little offering.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Dumb Ass!

He is worse than two of the bitches.

I can honestly say, I hope he gets screwed up again... Couldn't happened to a nicer man!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Damn, you created a spineless, sniveling wimp, must have modeled him after yourself.

The Style GuyThe Style Guyabout 4 years ago
Thanks Skippy

Fun story where the hero gets his first love.

vickitvohiovickitvohioabout 4 years ago
is this finished?

this isn't quite a good story. not a bad one either. just bland. is it finished?

tangledweedtangledweedabout 4 years ago

Nothing like some common core math applied to a bible quote:

"The Bible says we should be willing to forgive 70 times 7." - "That's at least 490 times."

490? My Grade 5 math teacher would smack your desk with a yardstick for that answer.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 4 years ago

Not that she'll believe him, but why not have his security expert tell her what he found?

Sigh. Not another, "my husband's compliments don't mean anything" Of course if he DIDN'T compliment her, he'd be an insensitive clod, and she's seek out another man for compliments. Husbands can't win!

How is what another guy said HIS responsibility?

"I even got to make love to her after one of their worst break ups, but Dale had already taken her virginity before that" - So, he didn't get her virginity; big deal.

I don't think Cynthia really had other lovers, I think she was just trying to hurt him.

I don't think Gina technically cheated on him, yes, she broke their engagement, but she did that before she did anything.

tangledweedtangledweedabout 4 years ago

Duh, she would smack me with the yardstick. I have to get more sleep.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 4 years ago
There had to be door number three

He should start fresh and find a better woman.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
HEY ANNON!!!!!

reminds you of your dead ex wife and how she treated you?????

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 4 years ago
Well, 4* for being twisty.

Didn't really satisfy though.

I would have a very hard time trusting Gina and I wouldn't have stopped surveillance on Cynthia. I'm curious if she was being as big of a whore as she was boasting about or was just trying to hurt Ryan.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Not your best

Poorly executed 1 star. Get back with your award winning BTB stories

KalimaxosKalimaxosabout 4 years ago
Good start...

It was interesting at first. And yes, the wife...once a cheater, always a cheater. On the old flame. I am a big believer on never going back. All relationships that end, end for a reason. In this case, she had dumped him for another man. In a relationship that is one step down from cheating. "I don't love you. So I will pick another man to fuck me."

How do you get past that? Its why that part of the story flopped for me.

A better ending would have been him dating a totally new woman. Or having caught his wife screwing again. Then moving on. Nothing like a dose of reality to make moving on easier.

Like I said, relationships end for a reason.

Oh well. My two cents worth of relationship wisdom.

dragonmann72dragonmann72about 4 years ago

Skip

I always look forward to your stories but I felt a little let down with this one. Yes Cynthia shit all over her vows, even if it was nothing more than petting. Yes she dropped the ball when she told the cops that she had given Thomas (who goes by the name Thomas) a key to their house and let him install cameras. But...did he really love her?

Yes, Gina dumped him for Dale (mister super hero turned to zero). Why wasn't she at the reunion? If he couldn't forgive Cynthia, how could he ever trust Gina (after all he was just a back-up plan for her in the start)?

Like Brooks said, I think Cynthia was just shouting off rounds to ease her pain.

Skip, he would have been better with neither one of them if he was so wishy washy about the thought of being back with Gina. By the way, did their history include sex from before?

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeabout 4 years ago
Yes and no.

It started with a really good idea.

Original and interesting.

Then the plot turned into some stange decisions.

If they were good or bad

is a matter of opinion.

But they were not or badly explained.

So 4 out of 5 from me.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 4 years ago

@tangledweed - 70 times 7 IS 490. Unless your issue is the "at least" when it's exactly that.

KingBandorKingBandorabout 4 years ago

Was ok for me to a point. Just way too much effort to just to it. The MC is unwilling to forgive his wife, with whom he has history. However he is willing to forgive the bitch who dumped him not once, but any time Dale was around. Why would he accept either of them? Better to go with one of the new love interests.

KB

tangledweedtangledweedabout 4 years ago

@sbrooks103x - Yeah, I know, I deserve that, even though I admitted my mistake right away.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Not your best. Not your worst.

But it's a fictional story. Some commentators treat it like it's life or death. Get over yourselves. It was entertaining. That's what counts in my book! Thanks for the effort.

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago
Not bad

Getting back on Skippy track after a couple of bombs, but not all the way back. This, to me anyway, read like an old Winterfrog story. The dialog was so proper and stilted that it seemed to be English translated from an unknown European language. Story idea was good, but you rushed the ending. I didn't really have a chance to care about any of the characters. Just too shallow. What is the discussion about 70 X 7? It's 490 all day. Interesting story, but not your best.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989about 4 years ago
Really

Again very well written with a different twist. I really thought it was kinda stupid. A hidden camera, a jealous hopeful suitor, a old girl friend who's abusive husband is killed in a car wreck. Finally an old engagement ring comes in handy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
gugh

Lame household chore joke is lame as is the PTSD causes domestic violence trope. Next time just kill everyone with a stampede of rabid squirrels to save yourself the time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
what a toliet

well I guess shit does seem to gravitate to similar items. All three of these characters are useless and don't have any redeeming qualities. May they all get what they deserve.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Really?

He’s about to go home to a ten year marriage, admittedly flawed recently, but falls all over himself for another woman that had crapped all over him. The old love had given her best years to another man. Something is missing here. And by the way, I’m So tired of hearing “once a cheater, always a cheater” from those oh so perfect commenters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Convoluted

Couldn't follow the plot to save my soul.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 4 years ago
They walked a painful road.

She cheated (soft) because she was insecure. When all the dust settled, he chose another very quickly. I get it, but I don't. That's rebounding in the extreme. And I'm sorry, but her behavior was far, far from passing the wife test. She had no right to set the schedule and tell him it's time to make up or move on. I can see why he moved on, but I'm not sure it really makes sense. Maybe they are both more than a little immature.

robinhodrobinhodabout 4 years ago

I need to have some admiration for, or at least a bit of interest in the main characters. This one is presented as a total idiot. He's got the baddie on the floor and terrified. His wife turns up. Wouldn't he have bullied the baddie into admitting to the existence of the cameras and tapes? End of! This would, admittedly have made the story too short. So it needed something a bit smarter. Sorry Skip, I'm one of your Followers but, if this had been your first story I would have read no more.

taylorsamtaylorsamabout 4 years ago

Good story, I like it. Not about the ending. I like that he dumped Cinthia but jumping in that quickly with the other cheater doesn't sound like a good idea. But a nice punishment for Cinthia. Still a 5 from me.

TriCoastalTriCoastalabout 4 years ago
Hillarious.

It bemuses me how many commenters take this seriously. It's a delightful comedy of errors. I love the last four paragraphs. It went well with my morning coffee. 5*s. Thanks.

Rogn123Rogn123about 4 years ago
He should be dusting

And doing all the things women usually do. Why would the 2 most important women in his life be the 2 who dumped on him the most. He should go find a boyfriend

robroy93robroy93about 4 years ago
Understand

Can't say that this one made sense to me, but it was much better than it's predecessor.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 4 years ago
Yeah

Fun little story about a terminal fuckup whose two loves were both shit

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I enjoy...

Your stories. I cant help but think Gina will dump him the first time something better comes along. She did it before. He's better off with neither of these women. Thanx for the entertaining read.

Loklie

DominantYetServile22DominantYetServile22about 4 years ago

A summary of the story. One poor girl described as being sweet but mentally deficient.....and she appears to be the smartest character in the whole fucking story AND the only character who is remotely likable and she gets beaten by an asshole and then written out as a new single mother who probably can't even survive by herself. JFC. 1 star.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Waste of time

WTAF was the purpose of this?!

calgarycamperscalgarycampersabout 4 years ago
Damn

Now I am crawling all over the house checking out the ornaments.

GREAT READ!

etchiboyetchiboyabout 4 years ago
Agree — the one innocent person in all this eFF-ed over big time.

Well, and Gina, the next most innocent, gets the guy who would throw out is semi-estranged wife (who is guilty as hell) for her.

Didn’t like the the “moral of this story” at all.

But, it was a decently complicated story, without it being overly complicated like some of skippy’s other complicated stories. 3.5-stars, rounding down to 3-stars.

Flar1958Flar1958about 4 years ago
Poor decision

He take proof to Cynthia to be secound choise not likeably person only waste of time for her. Gina ? Oh my i cant belive he get back. But maybe he learn his lesson soon.

You had better MC s in other stories. Write a Romance to asshole wife maybe you do a better job.

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 4 years ago

Very disappointed. I am sure this is not the end. However, neither ‘Ch1’ nor ‘to be continued’ are in th eir respective cases.

Loose ends ...

Hubby was clearly Gina’s (very distant) second choice! What they have had is one 2-hour kissing and hugging session. Lots of ‘how are you different from when I knew you as a young adult - and how does that fit with me now’ time for each of them to discover.

Is Sweetie just lashing out with a lie to save her face (while burning that last bridge behind her.) If so, or even if true, Sweetie and Hubby know each other’s history, over the time of their marriage and the fucked-up recent ‘no winners’ situation!

There is, in other words, a lot of story(s) left in this bag of worms!

P.S. How do two adults (even Waterbottle Warrior) settle on repeated sessions early-teen-sex play?

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 4 years ago
TRICOASTAL... No one is taking this story seriously as reality

people are reacting to is the fact that the main character husband is going back to a woman who treated him like shit and used him as backup when her main boyfriend was around.

Even worse is that the main character knows and recognizes that is what she did all those years ago and is still chasing after her for some unexplained reason.

lee5456lee5456about 4 years ago
Idiots!

Have you ever wondered where all the idiots are at? They are in this story.

driv2u2driv2u2about 4 years ago
Husband

Husband bit of. A jerk off ,did t take much to choose his first choice.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
70x7

depends on your translation of the Bible. But When I first read the 5th grade ruler swatting comment, I thought he meant that the Nun had an interpretation of the passage that it would be more like 70 to the 7th power. ( 70 x70x70x70x70x70x70) Can't seem to text it in this box, but you know, an exponent! Couldn't the original meaning be that the amount of forgiveness should be measured in a nearly unimagineginably HIGH number (you know like the common and largely illiterate folk of Jesus' day couldn't fathom nor imagine. Perhaps 490, WAS a high number, but with exponents, the amount and thus the meaning derived would/should be essentially limitless.

The irony was that ruler wielding Nuns are typecast to NOT project that same forgiveness. Lucky for me, the Nuns I knew DID, and never were a stereotype.

Skips story IS about forgiveness. And I think the ending is interesting, because the person the protag decided to forgive wasn't may be the best one TO forgive, but we are to assume that in his act of forgiving her, it made HIM happier than if he had forgiven his wife instead. Meanwhile, that checks out, because she had never managed to forgive him either, for something that wasn't his fault, and a manifestation of her own neurosis.

Thanks for the efforts, much appreciated!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
What middle school do these kids go to?

We are supposed to believe this is the behavior of adults? The first marriage was so tepid and shallow and distant who cares if it ends in divorce? Let's just hope all these delinquents are sterile. It would be a crime against nature for any of these morons to have children.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Hope

Hope Gina dumps him again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
@Anonymous 03/04/20 Yeah mon, dat a loser in ma book.

Where did you learn to speak and write?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
stupid-ass story

none of the three protagonists is likeable. and the male protagonist is stupid. also, what the fuck was the point of the "real men don't do housework" bullshit at the beginning?

NitpicNitpicalmost 4 years ago
Arsehole

What an arsehole he is,he should have stayed with Cynthia.Hope Gina is just stringing him along,til she finds some one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Nitpic continues to demonstrate his redneck stupidity!

I still don’t understand why Nitpic hasn’t succumb to COVID-19 since he refuses to wear a mask. It would save us all from his stupid comments!

This ending was perfect since Cynthia was a cheater! He deserved beautiful Gina!

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitalmost 4 years ago

A good story, but that punch line was awful. A long string of obnoxious puns might have worked better.

secretsalsecretsalover 3 years ago

Turned out to be a self-fulfilling prophecy for Cynthia.

Must have been a nightmare knowing she was second fiddle throughout her marriage, only to have her paranoia and poor decisions lead to her fears coming to life. Still, you make your own bed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Excellent ending!

Nitpic again makes idiot comments! He must worship the ground that Trump walks on!

lee5456lee5456over 3 years ago
Oh what a tangled web we weave

When first we practice to write some weird-ass stuff

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyover 3 years ago

That’s a fucked up ending. He’s not better than she was and I fact maybe he was the real cause

Well written though

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Crappy ending. Ryan is definitely not a nice guy. Despite what Cynthia did he raised her hopes then crushed her when Gina turns up.

NitpicNitpicabout 3 years ago
Dumpy

He is an arsehole and I hope he catch's Gina cheating on him as he is just a convenient fall back for her.

WillowghbyWillowghbyalmost 3 years ago
My Story Summary:

1. interesting plot premise of the hidden camera (lotsa story potential)

2. shit wife who stews in her own misery after the reunion but chooses infidelity rather than discussion with hubby

3. delusional lover who thinks he can catch hubby with a hidden camera

4. pity the poor wife of the lover who gets beaten, then will likely return to being the town bike to survive with his kid

5. hubby takes the voyeur to court, only to be blown out by wife perjuring herself (seriously? he can't show his own video with the lover removing the evidence?)

6. hubby considers returning to the scene of the infidelity crime, despite a double insult from wifey (infidelity and perjury) - what fookin' idjit!

7. long lost Gina (is that short for something?) swoops in the nick of time

8. m/c ignores repeated abandonment and still lusts after Gina (is she from Virginia?)

9. wifey again insults hubby by declaring his lovemaking inferior to her new lover

10. m/c & Gina ride off into the sunset?

.

There are NO characters that draw any respect or sympathy, outside maybe the technical guru friend and the incompetent but gorgeous wife of the original lover. Tough to like a story where all main characters are shitheads.

.

Many thanks to Skippy for the contribution!

Keep 'em comin'.

Diecast1Diecast1almost 3 years ago

Could have a better ending. AAA+++

fishgetterfishgetteralmost 3 years ago

It is kinda an OK story, but he ( Main Character) is really an asshole. He was packed, and a dipshit woman called and he went head over balls after her? Are you shitting me? (AYSM) Hope you do better in other stories.

fishgetterfishgetteralmost 3 years ago

!!!!!!!!!!!! lee54569 months ago

Oh what a tangled web we weave

When first we practice to write some weird-ass stuff> !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AMEN, amen, amen.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

His wife deserved to be dumped in such a vicious way. She was so haughty, high and mighty when she believed to have the upper hand. When caught on tape cheating, she cried about the bible, forgiveness, and turning the other cheek.

Well, he did. He was on that road towards forgiveness. But she had to DO something. Literally anything to prove she's not a duplicitous hypocrite. And lo! God presented her with a test to PROVE she loves her husband. Gina. Her arch nemesis. She even went to therapy to prepare for Gina. Does she....accept he regain his ego/manhood back? Does she see his dating Gina as similar to how she treated him with Thomas? That's a big fat NO.

If she had told her husband, "Gina has been a personal demon of mine forever now....but I'v betrayed you badly. Date Gina, fuck her if you have to....but please please come back to me. Give me one more chance" If she had done THAT.....he'd be an idiot not to consider taking her back. But she dug her heels in, cried foul, played the victim, ignored his feelings again, and insulted the man. Gee, I wonder who he'll pick now?

Because she is correct....both she and Gina SUCK. They both dumped on him. But Gina is approaching him in a way that speaks of possible change. Maybe she grew as a person? She's appealing to his self respect. His wife isn't. It's that simple.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Nah! Too contrived an ending. plus he obviously never loved his wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ugh. Terrible story.

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

Had potential....didnt live up to it though.

Gram1Gram1over 2 years ago

This story didn’t have a single likable character! What a sleazy gaggle. Plus, the wife character suffered from the same confusion as many LW story wives: She maybe wanted a divorce and then maybe not, she wanted reconciliation and then acted as if she didn’t by her admission to further infidelity towards the end. What?? I skipped all the Gina stuff. I just couldn’t muster up the interest. By that point, I kind of felt the MC acted pretty crappy. Anyway, my fault, as I trespassed my own rule to not read stories rated less than 4.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Skippy is one extremely pathetic writer… and so are his sleazy selfish immature characters!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The problem was his wife didn't really own up to much of anything.

She cheated. She cheated emotionally first. Then she moved onto physical, even if not 'all-the-way'.

Then she replaced her husband in every sense of the word. She treated him with disdain, and indifference. Then she considers divorce. I don't know if she was part of the plan, but never seemed too upset to have her lover enter their marital home and set up spy equipment.

And when she's caught, she denies and gaslights. The only time she doesn't deny anything is when he has damning evidence hanging over her head. That's not love. That is cold and calculated evil. Her excuses of feeling insecure don't justify the amount of bridges she's burned. I could understand the beginnings of an emotional affair. I could even understand her closing herself off to her husband. But she took it to a place that doesn't have the resources to build bridges again.

Even after all her therapy, she never fully accepts blame. She blames them both. She can't blame him for her lack of communication. She can't blame him for her affair. And she can't blame him for her gaslighting and invasion of privacy.

Of course he dumps her. What reason is there to stay? She burned all her bridges with him, and offered to repair half the bridge. But she burned the damned thing down all on her own. She's gonna have to offer to build the whole bridge, smile about it, and thank him for the chance to do so.....even if he's occasionally lashing out at her. I'v cheated, and I repaired the bridge all by myself. I did it willingly, I did it gratefully, and I accepted that my partner was gonna make it hard for me. That's true remorse. She's upset she got caught, nothing else.

jflindersjflindersover 2 years ago

Getting out of Cynthia's frying pan made perfect sense. Jumping into Gina's fire did not.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

He'll be sorry.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story,held the interest,surprised at the ending

.Myself I have a hard time believing a man would be receptive on renewing a relationship with a someone whom dumped him..just unrealistic. Just as it would be with his wife. Him moving on without both of them is more realistic. I could see a possible temporary fuck buddies situation with Gina until he got his life back under control,but definitely not marriage. JZK

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

ZEROZEROZERO..... He just jumped from one cheating birdbrain loser cunt to another.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Terrible premise for a story line! Total screwed up people with complete warped sense’s of what a true loving relationship is all about.

Let’s all jump from the frying pan into the fire!

Sick story that was hard to read and digest!

WTF were they all thinking?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

What a pussy

AkSh4BloOdAkSh4BloOdabout 2 years ago

Just perfect.

Showing a side of Men.or should I say Pussies, that no one wants to Talk about.

I know some are Like these. I have seen them.

Pathetic Men.

BlastusBlastusalmost 2 years ago

Skippy has a gift for writing character studies which are calculated to annoy many of the readers. I salute his talent.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I guess I'm the only one who thinks this guy is a bit of an asshole.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Pathetic

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

5, until the ridiculous last pot shot if the ending. Silliness has it's place, but you have to learn the nuances and environ to use it.

NitpicNitpicover 1 year ago
Wrong

Wrong decision.She dumped him once and if her marriage to Dale was that bad,why didn't she divorce him?.How did she know he and Cynthia were separated (convenient for the story)?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Not sure that was the best choice, but his about to be ex-wife didn't seem like a good choice either. But he never gave his marriage much of a chance. Sure was cold-blooded way to dump her, but after her announcement, maybe it was justified.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It is very painful to read a story where all the characters have major, and I do mean MAJOR flaws. Nothing but losers to root against.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Self defeating, self destructive, stupid and shit for brains are kind descriptors that come to mind concerning the MC. He's so lame that he'll find a path through which both women can simultaneously make the rest of his life miserable.

RazorFishRazorFishabout 1 year ago

Provokes a lot of thought. I kinda thought he was going back to Cynthia, as she seemed genuinely remorseful, and really didn't cheat (but her gaslighting was bad).

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

All your characters are such ugly people. I feel sorry for you.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

MC is a total idiot. If he was willing to take Gina back after her dumping him he could have worked things out with his wife.

amygdalaamygdala4 months ago

Wow can’t empathize with any of these characters.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

If this was a real life story, it would be evident that Cynthia was indeed second choice.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Two terrible women and one idiot guy. If he had any sense he would avoid both of these women. Alas such a trait is rare for a male MC in the LW category. Well, let's hope she doesn't abandon you again. I would argue taking his wife back was the better choice, but it's a "lesser of two evils" kind of view.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Your characters remind me of that famous quote….

“Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.”

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

If Gina had divorced her husband because of the "abuse: physical, sexual, emotional and verbal.", then it would be worth while for Ryan to engage with her. A brave woman is worthy of respect.

Cynthia was also an egoist, cold hearted character. Her reaction in the parking lot, when Ryan confronted her would-be lover, was terrible.

Ryan, really, had serious issues. He was not himself after his first love's rejection. He did not owned his life. The only hope for him is Gina to love him now. He is weak.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous