All Comments on 'Reality is Different Ch. 03'

by nomennescio

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
drteethodrteethoalmost 11 years ago
Torn

I have to admit, I'm torn on these stories.

On one hand, they are really well written. I mean, REALLY well written. And I'm confident in saying that there's a sense of realism in the girl's thoughts and actions that just doesn't exist in other stories in this subject area.

On the other hand... boy is it slow moving. I almost wonder if there was a way to condense these three parts into one without cutting back on the quality or impact of the story. (Then again if you read some of my writing you might say, "Hello, pot meet kettle...")

So I don't know. Take my words for what they're worth... probably not that much, really :)

nomennescionomennescioalmost 11 years agoAuthor

No, you're right. One of my biggest problems is getting bogged down in minutia, taking forever on a single scene. Particularly, I have trouble picking up the pace again after 'zooming in' on one moment, as it feels like I'm rushing, so I make everything else slow down. And it's difficult for me to go back and condense it, take stuff out, though maybe it's something I should consider doing.

The chapter after this, which is mostly done, is likely going to suffer from a similar problem. Though the one after that, maybe-probably the last one, I'm planning on trying to maintain a more reasonable pace.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

Do you know how long I waited to read this chapter? I thought it would never be posted and was disappointed every time I visited the site and searched for it.

First of all, I have read many stories on this site, but I have never considered any of them worth commenting on. Your story is the only one that compelled me to leave a comment.

The write-up is really good. I love reading it. There is a sentimental touch in there, a realistic approach, I can almost feel what the protagonist is feeling in the story. I do agree with the first comment that it moves slow, but I don't really mind because it has been well written and there's always a curiosity on what happens next.

Just one request... Please don't let an eternity go by before you post the next chapter. Post it real soon. I'm waiting.

nomennescionomennescioalmost 11 years agoAuthor
Thank you

I'm glad to hear that you like it. I've been a little ambivalent about how it turned out, and certainly the response so far hasn't been too overwhelming.

The next chapter should come along before too long, since I broke up what I was writing into two. The one after that, probably the last one, could be a while longer. I guess we'll see.

idle_dreameridle_dreameralmost 11 years ago

Well, I have to say that my opinion is pretty much the same opinion that I have on all your works... fantastic. (I'm pretty sure I've given every chapter of every story a 5 star rating.)

I think the problem with pacing has to do with just how well written the stories are. It gets to the point where I am personally at the edge of my seat, waiting for what's to come. Sarah (as are all your characters) is so well fleshed out, it is hard not to be gripped and sympathetic to her that you just want everything to work out for the best for her and as soon as possible. It's stories like these that have me coming back time and time again

youbadboyyoubadboyalmost 11 years ago
Follow your muse

Just fantastic. You really get it. How close, intimate, the path is arduous. I feel every step. Love everything you have done.

AveRoseAveRosealmost 11 years ago
Finally :)

Imagine my excitement when during one of my daily new story searches i came across the long awaited 3rd chapter of Reality is Different. I am so glad you were able to finish and post it as i know you had some problems writing this one. The wait was definitely worth it and my only hope is that the next chapter doesn't take nearly as long for you to post;) Well done with this one, i thoroughly enjoyed it!

nomennescionomennescioalmost 11 years agoAuthor
Update

Okay. I'm 'done' with the next chapter, in the sense that I've got it all typed up to the point I intend to cap it off. I don't quite like how the last section feels right now, though, so I'm going to take another day or three to try to smooth it out before submitting it.

AveRose, I'm glad to hear that you liked it. After so long of a delay, I was a bit afraid that whatever fans there were of what I had so far might have wandered on to greener pastures. And youbadboy, as always, I'm humbled by your praise. I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but I actually named the protagonist in this partially after your own recurrent 'Sara.'

nomennescionomennescioalmost 11 years agoAuthor

Sheesh, this ending. What I had really wasn't good, and I've spent the last few days bashing my head against it, trying to figure out how I should redo it. Think I finally have something that'll work. Soon, another day or two.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Awesome :)

I would love to read the next part!!! Loved the stories so far,wish I could read more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
One of the BEST I have ever read!

I do NOT think the story is slow moving. Not. In. The. Least. It has plot, emotion, content, honesty, reality, fantasy. Everything is so emotionally real! It's REALLY NICE to have a well written piece that has a build-up and good content, not just a bunch of blah-blah whipped out his 8 inch dick and blah blah bullshit.

I'm a 45 year old guy, married but no kids. Daddy-daughter fantasy stuff is one of my favorites! Why, even though I don't have kids, is beyond me other than the erotic excitement, questioned morality, secrets, love, tension building lust and so many other things.

I love my wife but have been fantasizing (kind of how I found myself here!) about putting out an ad/request online to find someone to play 'daughter' with socially, as a friend over coffee or walking around the mall... over 18 but young enough that she really *could* be my daughter. Playful teasing, sexual tension, social / emotional bonding and other such things. Mostly for a sense of physical/emotional intimacy. I've been with my wife for a long time and I love her dearly but she is NOT a physical person. She isn't big on hugging, cuddling, caressing and the like... strange but true... anyway I won't delve too far off the beaten path.

Just wanted you to know your work is GREATLY appreciated. Low response just means that most people didn't bother to take their hands out of their pants to type, just find the next orgasm ;) (hey, I usually do!)

I look forward to more here on this story soon!!

mike2501

nomennescionomennescioover 10 years agoAuthor
Man

I don't know what the hell is wrong with me. I can barely write anymore. Can't bring myself to start, and when I do, I struggle to come up with anything.

Anyway. I finally finished the next chapter, after much, much struggling with the ending. I'll be giving it another once-over tomorrow and then submitting it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Waiting

I hope it gets submitted soon!

nomennescionomennescioover 10 years agoAuthor
Re: Waiting

It's already up. Though the inter-story link doesn't appear to be present in chapter 3, for some reason. Odd.

tygztygzover 10 years ago

I love this series. While there is some action - in her imagination, at least - that isn't the point.

I think you've really hit on something here; I can really put myself in her shoes... I've read those stories, I've seen the improbable plots and contrived set-ups, and I can see a real thinking girl going down the past she's traveling.

I like the protagonist a lot. The story's genre and inevitable (I assume) actions aren't being forced on her; she's not being pushed into sex before understanding relationships... she is obviously fully aware of the situation which she is creating.

Reality really is different - in this case, it's the best!

oPilgrim1964oPilgrim1964over 8 years ago
Amazing

A great piece of literature! Thank you...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
What a shame

I hate to write this. But I can't let it ride. One would think you learned from your mistake with the story "Little things". Your original ending for that story was absolutely atrocious. But you somewhat pulled it out with the addition of chapter 5. Without chapter 5 that story, no matter how well written as far as word usage and spelling went, would have been dead on arrival and would have been mislabeled under incest taboo.

And then this story. Hummm. Where to begin.

The simple fact that there is not one iota of incest in this story makes the category you listed it under completely erroneous. I don't know if this was done deliberately to mislead the readers or not, but it is a poor way to treat the potential readers of your stories. I have to wonder how many people may have read this story and was very disappointed to be treated this way. I'm sure many were. I was.

If you do not wish to post stories containing incest, why deceive your readers by entering your stories under the incest taboo category. I can’t help feeling that’s about the sorriest way to treat the reader as there is. I don’t complain about your writing of your stories, but I don’t like the way you’re willing to mislead us the readers.

I’m sure there is somewhere on the Literotica site where you could post your stories under the correct category.

I don’t think I’ll bother with “How They May Be” or with “Blood and Iron”. I may be wrong, but I’m willing to bet both of those stories are also listed under the wrong category.

You fooled me with this story and the story “Little Things” until you fixed that story, but I don’t think I’ll take the chance of being fooled again after this story.

I finally gave up on the story “Reality is Different”. It just wasn’t going anywhere. I hate to criticize the work that an author puts so much work into. I don’t like to hurt anyones feelings. But I found myself skipping through chapter 3 trying to get a handle on the story. But I didn’t find anything to grab ahold to. There wasn’t anything that hinted of incest taboo. It was just a vanilla story about a young girls hopes and dreams. With no incest in the story it was clearly misrepresented as a incest taboo story. Which is also unfair to the reader who thinks they’re going to read one thing and ends with something else completely. A very poor way to treat your readers.

Sorry - but no thanks

The old guy

Lonely_readerLonely_readerover 6 years ago
Anon is right

There's no incest in this story!

Aside from her fantasies, which don't happen very often, just twice or thrice every page. -.-

Some people...

Good read till now, I got to know, and love, blood and iron and now that you've published the sequel I decided to start this and I'm kinda hooked

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usernomennescio@nomennescio
8/2021: I fear the spark has left me. I've started and re-started half a dozen stories over the last few years, and every time, I get stuck midway through, losing the ability to conjure up words that would demand being read.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES