Reason To Live

Story Info
Picking a winner in life’s race to the finish.
6.1k words
4.43
110.5k
100
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Bh76
Bh76
2,781 Followers

Three years ago I divorced my wife of two years. I found out that she screwed the stripper at her bachelorette party but continued on and off with him while we were married.

I wasn't so crushed by it that I couldn't go on, or anything like that, but I was hurt for a while. I loved her. I made out really well from the divorce though, so that helped, but it was a bit of a scandal because her parents are loaded.

We married when I was 22 and she was 25. I probably rushed into it. We met in a club and I felt we clicked right off the bat.

My name is Lucas Jacobs. My ex-wife is Cara. I'm a typically average guy with brown hair and blue eyes I stand at 5'11" and weigh 190. I am very easy going and don't ever get angry. I like to be in control. Cool and calm, even when I'm pissed off.

Cara is a blond with greenish eyes. She is about 5'5" and has a great body.

She was under pressure from her old money parents to settle down and produce heirs for them. I should have saw that as a warning.

I had just graduated from college and was starting my career in banking. I got a job with one of the big banks and life was just starting and starting strong.

We had a fast courtship but at the time it didn't feel rushed. I wanted to have a family very badly and as I said her family was on her to start one, so it all lined up.

After 6 months of dating, I went to talk to her dad.

Harrison Fields was and still is an imposing man. Very wealthy, very old school. Imagine all the rich people stereotypes you've seen and he fits them.

Snifter of brandy by the fire, only smoking Cuban cigars, only drinking rare Whisky from some highland in a tucked away Scottish locale and the guy even drives a Rolls Royce. He's a walking cartoon character, but for some reason, he loved me.

When we were first introduced, he played the protective dad game with me. He took me to his den and actually said, "What are your intentions with my daughter, young man."

I actually chuckled and said, "Sir, I'm going to marry her and have 6 kids."

He smiled and said, "Fine, Fine, what do you do for a living?"

"I work in the secondary market for a top 2 bank," I said. "Mostly selling pools of the loans we do to the investors and servicers who buy the paper."

"Ah, a banking and finance man," he said. "Some of our largest holdings over the years have been banks. That's wonderful."

Meeting her mother went even better. As soon as she heard that I wanted a big family and I wasn't going to delay in starting one, I could do no wrong.

So, I was sitting in Mr. Fields den waiting for him to grace me with his presence on a gloomy Saturday afternoon, when Mrs. Fields asked, "Is this about what I hope?"

"Yes Ma'am, it is," I said.

"Ooh, wonderful!" She shrieked. "You've got my full blessing and I know that Harry adores you."

"Thank you, Mrs. Fields."

"No, no child," she said. "You call me Eve, you're going to be family. Oh boy! I'm so excited."

"Hello there, young man," boomed in Mr. Fields. "What can I do for you today?"

"Sir," I began, "I am asking you for your permission to ask Cara to marry me."

"Ah, well now, there are a great many complications marrying into this family. Are you sure you're up to them?"

"Yes, sir I believe I am. I will sign a pre-nup to protect your family's money and property, that's not what I'm looking for."

"Young man, this family is more than wealth. It's a commitment to charity, a commitment to the thousands of people that we employ that count on us every day.

There can be no scandals. You've got to live a clean life and keep a strong positive public image at all times. We already know you've got no skeletons. We had you thoroughly vetted after the first time Cara brought you here."

That was news to me, but I should've expected it.

With a softer tone that was much less intimidating, he shook my hand and said, "Son, you have my blessing, and I can tell by my darling wife's bad poker face over there, that you have hers as well. Good luck, Lucas. You're going to need it." He laughed to me as he turned and walked out.

After a half-year of wedding planning, in which I had a say in literally nothing, I stood in front of 350 relatives, friends, and business associates and married my love.

I had almost called it off. I found out about the stripper because my sister was there and had video of the public blow job and her walking into the private room with him waiving to her friends with a strip of condoms in her hand. She came by the next morning and gave me the bad news.

She said, "Luke, I'm sorry. I can't keep this quiet. If you somehow found out later and knew I was there and didn't tell you, I know you'd be pissed at me. She was really drunk. Maybe it's something you can get past?"

"Sis, I doubt it. I knew she was kind of wild when I met her, but I expect faithfulness."

So I watched the video. Marcus the stripper was huge, and every muscle was as if it was sculpted. His dick was probably 2 inches longer than my six and a half but I'm thicker. At least I had that going for me.

I emailed the video to myself and saved it to a thumb drive. Then, I went to visit my soon to be ex-fiance.

I was again sitting in Mr. Fields' den on another gloomy Saturday. It seems like it always rained when I went there?

Cara came in hungover and said "Honey, can't this wait? I'm really dragging ass here."

"No, it can't. Feel like explaining your actions with Marcus to me?"

"Who's Marcus?" Eve asked as she walked in.

"Mom, please leave," Cara said.

"You know what? No, Eve please stay. This will impact the family and you may as well hear it now," I said.

"Cara," I said, "Please explain your blowing and fucking the stripper from your party, please."

Eve yelled, "What!"

Cara started crying, then composed herself and got angry. "Who told you? Who? Oh shit, it was your sister wasn't it? Well, fuck her. What now? Are you going to throw me away? Cancel the wedding? It was a last hurrah, get over it."

Eve sat there shocked.

I said, "Yes, the wedding is off." And I left.

Later that day, there was a knock on my door; it was Mr. Fields.

"Young man," he started, "What is this nonsense about cancelling the wedding? Some unfounded accusation against my daughter, was it? You have no proof and should mind who you're accusing."

I replied, "Sir, with all due respect, you're incorrect." I wouldn't dare tell him he's wrong. "I've got video. Watch." I played it from my phone.

"Cut it off," he said aghast. "Lucas, please reconsider. It was a one-time dalliance and she was clearly drunk."

"Sorry sir, I can't forgive this. She betrayed me for a stripper," I said.

He answered with, "I will give you one million dollars to forgive her and get married as planned. This is an extreme embarrassment for our family, I'm sure you can see that."

"How can I ever trust her? How can I ever be sure that she will never do this again? She didn't even apologize. I can't do it," I said.

"Look Lucas, take a day to consider your options. You're a smart man, I know you can see how marrying into our family can be extremely advantageous to you."

I thought about it for a moment. Could I sell my soul? I did love her, and he was clearly telling me to negotiate with him. Why not?

"Sir," I said, "I will think it over carefully and talk with you tomorrow."

"Thank you for being reasonable Lucas. I know you're going to be a great addition to the family."

I decided that I was going to ask for something so ridiculous that he would negotiate down and I would still be set if anything went bad. I did love her, I could move forward from it, I guess. I guess it was a business move with a side of love.

I arrived at the Fields estate after breakfast. Cara opened the door and jumped into my arms, kissing me. I put her down and said, "Please don't. I'm here to see your father."

"What do you mean?" She said. "You aren't going to marry me? Please, Lucas it was a fucking mistake!"

"Yeah," I said, "One you still haven't even said that you were sorry for."

She looked at me like I was crazy. I knew then I had to shoot for the moon. If I'm going to sell my soul, I'm going to be set for life.

I walked into the den and greeted Mr. Fields. "Hello sir, is this a good time?"

"Yes, of course. Please sit, have you come to a decision?"

"Yes sir," I said. "I've come up with a set of conditions that I will need met."

He looked bemused and said, "Please, go on Lucas."

"I want one million immediately after the wedding. I also want one million for every year we are married, paid to my personal account on our anniversary. Lastly, if she cheats on me, just once, it's over and I get a payout of ten million dollars."

He smiled and said, "I accept your terms Lucas, with one condition: delete the video."

I said, "Have your lawyers draw up the papers and I will delete it from my phone and my sister's source video on her phone when we sign the agreement."

"Very well, Lucas. It should be ready by tomorrow."

With that I said goodbye and left. I walked right past Cara on my way out and said nothing. I was saddened by the fact that my upcoming marriage has turned into a business deal. I couldn't help but feel that I was making a mistake.

The papers were signed, the videos were deleted from the phones and on we went. I did not tell him about the copy in my email nor the copy on the drive that was put into my safe deposit box. There was of course a clause that said if a copy of it got out, I would forfeit all moneys, but it was nice to have something on him, I felt.

After awhile, things got back to normal. She was a loving wife and she did apologize and promise it would never happen again.

Then came the day she announced that she was pregnant. I was beyond happy. Her parents were thrilled. My parents were thrilled. Life was going great; for about 7 more months.

Her water broke and we rushed to the hospital. All of the parents showed up to share in the moment of our first child's birth.

I was in the delivery room standing at her side holding her hand. The doctor said, "Here it comes, here's the head," and then looked at me. He pulled the baby out and one of the nurses gasped. I let go of my wife's hand and walked out of the room.

I heard her scream halfway down the hall.

The baby was black, I am not.

I walked into the waiting room and sat down. All of the parents were talking at the same time wanting an update.

I looked at them and laughed.

I said, "Oh, it's a boy." Then I walked out of the room, going to the elevator.

My dad ran after me and said "Son, where are you going?"

"Home, dad. I'm going home. Cara's son is black."

My dad didn't respond. He gave me a hug and walked back to tell the rest of the parents.

I guess I was in shock. I still can't believe how calm I was. This was going to be a huge deal. Things were going so well and I had no idea she was having an affair.

I had let my guard down and let myself love her completely, despite what she had done before we were married. The disappointment that I didn't have a child was far worse than my feelings about her being a cheating slut.

That was when I finally broke down. I cried for the loss of my fatherhood.

The silver lining of course is my pending payday. I was going to be rich due to this, but I had a feeling it wouldn't be that easy.

I had turned my phone off and went home to pack. I wasn't going to stay there, there was no way I would live with her and her child.

I had just finished packing up a suitcase, when the doorbell rang. It was all of the parents.

I let them in and went to the kitchen to make a pot of coffee.

Eve was the first to start in on me. "Lucas, we know this looks bad, but you chose to marry her for better or worse. This would certainly qualify as worse."

To my parent's credit, they looked at her like she was crazy, but didn't speak.

Eve continued, "You forgave her once before, you can do it again."

"Sorry Eve, there will be no forgiving this. I will not be a laughing stock and raise what is so obviously not my child," I said

"How could you let her do this? This is going to be a nightmare for the family. How could you..." Mr. Fields was shouting at me and I cut him off.

"This isn't my fault," I yelled. "It is not my fault that you raised a slut." Eve started crying.

"I wasn't working all the time. I wasn't traveling and leaving her alone all the time. I wasn't screwing around on her. None of this is my fault."

I was pissed now and on a roll, so I continued, "Just write me my check and I'll be going."

"Check? Check?" Screamed Mr. Fields, "You think you're getting out of this and walking away? Absolutely not. I warned you of the complications of marrying into this family, and you accepted them."

"Stop!" I shouted. "The only reason that I let what she did go and married her, was because I was protected by that money. I should have known that she wouldn't give a shit about it, but that's water under the bridge now.

Now, It's over.

It's a shame really, I loved her. I really thought we would make it, but I will not raise another man's child."

Eve said through tears, "Give the child up for adoption. We can say it was stillborn, to explain it away. We can fix this. You can't divorce her, the scandal will be too great."

Harrison agreed, "Yes that's a fantastic idea. We can make this go away and come out of it with sympathy."

"No!" I shouted, "It's over, and I expect you to live up to our arrangement."

My parents were still silent, but I could tell my mom wanted to slap them both.

"What are you talking about, son," My dad said.

"Dad, I made a deal to not stop the wedding after she fucked the stripper at her hen party. If she cheated on me, I would get ten million dollars."

"Jesus," my dad said.

Harrison jumped in and said, "You won't get a dime of that money, I'll see to that."

Now I was really pissed, "If you don't pay me what I'm owed, in 48 hours the video of your daughter sucking that stripper's dick will be sent to every person that attended my wedding."

"You kept a copy?" Harrison yelled.

"Yes," I said. "For just this reason."

"I'll have you tied up in court for years. You won't see a dime of that money," Harrison screamed and got up to leave; Eve followed sullenly.

I followed along to show them out and said, "I meant every word, you have 48 hours or your daughter's blowjob technique goes viral."

Eve turned and gave me a hug. She said quietly, "I'm so sorry, I really care for you. I'll make sure he makes it right. As bad as this is for us, I know that it's worse for you."

Harrison went nuts after they left. Cara told him that the father was the stripper that she had seen several times again since the bachelorette party. She wasn't on birth control and a condom must have broken.

Harrison went scorched Earth and destroyed that guy. He is lucky to be alive after the beatings his goons gave him. They beat him three times and the 3rd did such damage to his balls that they couldn't be saved.

I did get paid what was owed to me. Eve made sure of that. She also told Harrison that if anything happened to me, she would make sure that the same would happen to him. Thanks Eve.

I had one meeting with Cara prior to the divorce. She felt that she had to explain why she did it. It was all bullshit of course.

She said, "Lucas, I should never have married you. I just not the type that will settle down. All of the pressure to have kids and settle down was too much. I needed a release, i had to let my hair down."

"So you fucked a stripper."

"Don't be crude Lucas, it doesn't suit you. Yes, I fucked a stripper and have to live with the shame I brought to my family.

It's sad, because they aren't racist. If I would have had a black child with a black husband, they would have loved it as much as anyone. My father will never accept this child. I am giving it up for adoption. My mother is making sure a trust is set up for him."

I'm sorry that I did this to you Lucas. I would never have been a good wife." With that she walked out of my life.

********

Like I said, I wasn't as upset as I probably should have been. I came out of it ok. I was rich and young. I dated a lot, but none of them lasted long term. I became much more selective, out of necessity and self preservation: I wouldn't make the same mistake twice.

I met Keri, literally by accident. She hit me with her car while I was walking in a mall parking lot.

She wasn't going fast thankfully, but when I hit the ground, I hit my head.

I came to in the hospital. I had a horrible headache and the noise of the machines was not helping.

I opened my eyes and saw a beautiful woman crying in the chair by my bed.

I asked her who she was and she jumped up frantic. "Oh my god, you're awake! Are you ok? Can I get you something? Let me get the nurse." She bolted out of the room in a flash.

She was lovely. Her blonde hair was cut short and stylish. Sparkling ice blue eyes that drew your attention. She was tall and thin. Some call it an athletic build, but her butt looked great as she left my room.

She came back a minute later with the nurse. "Welcome back, Mr. Jacobs. You got a pretty nasty bump on the head and have been out for a few hours.

You'll live though. The doctor will give you all of the details, but you'll be here at least overnight due to the concussion."

She noted my vitals and walked out.

The lady that was crying had stopped, but now started again.

She said, "I'm so sorry, I didn't see you. I've been a wreck sitting here hoping you would be ok. They wouldn't tell me anything."

I said, " Ah, you're the driver that hit me."

"Yes," she said softly.

"Can I at least get your name? I have to know who I'm about to sue," I said smiling. But she didn't pick up on the joke and ran from the room sobbing.

Everything was fine medically and I was let go. I didn't go to the police and file a report though, I figured the poor girl had been through enough.

A few weeks later I had a visitor at home. He introduced himself as Michael Richards, attorney for the family of Keri Scalia.

I asked, "Who is Keri Scalia?"

He said, "She is the young lady that hit you. The family would like to avoid an unpleasant situation, and have sent me with with what we feel is a very generous settlement."

He opened his bag and handed me a check for one hundred thousand dollars. I laughed and tore up the check.

"Look," I said, "I don't want her money. I was joking when I said that I wanted her name so that I can sue. I actually thought she was lovely and wanted to get to know her. She ran like a bat out of hell, and I couldn't stop her to explain. Please give her my apologies and I'm sorry that they made you come here today."

Richards smiled and said, "She will be relieved. She's been a wreck over this. She's a sensitive, young girl with a big heart, who has been worried sick every day expecting to be sued. I will give her your message and I hope she feels better."

After he left I googled her. It turns out the Scalia's are new money wealthy. Johnny Scalia is her father and he made his money in construction. Keri is his only daughter and youngest child of three. There are two sons along with Keri.

She was a pre-school teacher who seemed to keep her nose clean compared to my ex.

There were several photos of her accompanying her father to several local events. And damn, she looked great dressed up. She was beautiful without make up in the hospital, but made up she was amazing.

Later that night my doorbell rang again, it was Keri herself.

She looked sad and said, "Can I come in please?"

"Sure," I said, "Please sit." I pointed to the couch in the loving room.

Bh76
Bh76
2,781 Followers
12