All Comments on 'Reason To Live'

by Bh76

Sort by:
  • 85 Comments
LenardSpencerLenardSpencerover 4 years ago
No vengance at all?

So the old prick Harry arranged to severely assult the guy who fucked and fathered his daughter's child. Then he is does the same to Lucas. Lucas may not be able to have any other children. His cock may not work again. Old Harry would "get his" one way or another. I would make sure!

Bebop3Bebop3over 4 years ago

Good story, Mr. 76. Thanks for sharing it.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago

I would've married the whore for a couple years for twelve million dollars. She lives up to his expectations for sure.

PowersworderPowersworderover 4 years ago

Great story, well done!

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonover 4 years ago

A good story with a happy ending. Well done. Thanks for posting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Nicely done...

...thanx for the enjoyable read. 5 stars.

Loklie

Manager32Manager32over 4 years ago
Editors, editors, editors.

Your stories have a decent flow, they differ from one another unlike some authors, yet like many other promising writers, an editor would help so very much. An example is the couch in the "loving room". One letter off the desired word, yet makes the sentence kind of silly. Your stories, characters are improving literally all the time, but you can make them even better with this one step.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
REALLY STUPID STORY

Completely ridiculous story!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago

"There can be no scandals. You've got to live a clean life and keep a strong positive public image at all times." - Except when his daughter fucks the stripper at her bachelorette party! I'll bet if he did the same at his bachelor party, he'd be yesterday's news!

Yes, her, "Get over it," doesn't bode well! If it didn't already, I hope he insists on a change to the pre-nup protecting him in case she cheats.

"She looked at me like I was crazy." - Crazy for expecting an apology? I see bad times ahead.

"I had no idea she was having an affair." - Maybe she wasn't. The timing's a little hazy, but despite the condoms, maybe it's Marcus' baby?

"you chose to marry her for better or worse" - Also, "forsaking all others!" Besides, the "worse" refers to things happening TO you, like illness, accident, job loss, not things you do to yourself.

"You forgave her once before, you can do it again." - He forgave her with certain conditions, that she's now broken.

I figured that something would happen when Eve died.

RSKY54RSKY54over 4 years ago

I love a happy ending. And the spelling/grammar were correct as far as I could tell. Too many good stories ruined by misspelling and grammar mistakes.

Five stars.

RSKY

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Move along. Nothing new or interesting to see him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Not a bad story

It's a shame though that some people have to write stories that put the wife having sex with others in a bad light. The intent of this category is supposed to be fun extramarital sex with the husbands full knowledge or participation. The entire site is dedicated to eroticism, yet cheating and deception is definitely not erotic. This story reads more like one of those trashy beach novels. But don't worry, I'm sure once that loser 26thNC reads it, he will first jerk his pickle, then post several glowing reviews from his multiple accounts.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 4 years ago
if Keri dad is so big and bad

have Cara dad killed or at least fuck him up while he's in jail

robroy93robroy93over 4 years ago
Good story

He got rid of the cheating wife, made some serious money, and found a good woman, all for a few bruises. I would have to consider it.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 4 years ago
Enjoyed the story.

Written well and probably could be expanded into a great short story. The ending a bit rushed and somewhat confusing. Could see going to the wake for Eve, but not the reaction of Cara's dad. Cut a hole out of her pregnant belly?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Not Very Good

Trite, cliche-laden, and, frankly, a little boring. The characters are two-dimensional--not developed very well at all. Typical cliches... rich bitch, black f**k buddy, black baby, meets love of his life later, etc., etc. Sigh

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 4 years ago
Excellent bit of fiction. 5*****

He was a fool to marry her in the first place and the story has nothing to do with the real world, but it was great fun!

silentsoundsilentsoundover 4 years ago
Well.

Nice adventure!

I liked it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Nice bit of romantic fiction

Real life ,the odds of this turnabout happening millions to one. The fact he went to his x mother in-laws funeral helped with Keith knowing the story. Nice story, it works with the facts in place.

likeboblikebobover 4 years ago

Bet it is another black baby ! LOL

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
More Drivel from Bh76

1) ALL babies are born pretty much the same color. It usually takes a week or two for babies of African heritage to darken to their permanent color.

2) The protagonist of this story strikes me as the kind of person who would bundle sub-prime loans and then sell them to clients as 'Grade A' securities.

Anyone who 'enjoys a story like this is, at the very least, a 'soft-core' racist and a 'soft-core' misogynist. 1*

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Pretty good. But your (character’s) house has a ‘loving room’?

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 4 years ago
That worked well

An interesting plot and a good story.

Rw43Rw43over 4 years ago
Anonny: 'anyone who enjoys a story like this...'

Most Anonnys are cowards.

But it takes a special degree of cowardice to label other commenters as racists and misogynists with such a broad brush while hiding every single detail of your own existence.

No, I'm not asking anyone to divulge personal information. I'm asking you to get a Literotica name or profile, so you are not just a bomb throwing voice in a faceless crowd like the "you're all racists!" idiot. Becoming a member of the community means your comments will be taken more seriously, because you feel a sense of responsibility for your words and thoughts. And you will be an individual, not a voice with no context.

The story itself was entertaining and at least somewhat feasible. The protagonist didn't have to make himself into a SEAL or a saint, and we're all allowed to fantasize that we can actually get 2 hot women in our lives.

BarryJames1952BarryJames1952over 4 years ago

Well done

Thanks for an enjoyable read. 5*. And I see you brought out the stupid in the anonymous trolls. Well done.

sticks13sticks13over 4 years ago
'soft-core' racist and a 'soft-core' misogynist coward

Good story mate, I loved it despite what the anonymous 'soft-core' racist and a 'softcore' misogynist coward says and for yours and everybody else's information should they want to know or even be interested:

"Most black babies are born with purplish-blue skin, according to Birth.com. The skin color of babies of all races comes from sharing oxygen with their mothers. Minutes after birth, newborn skin turns pink and hands and feet may stay bluish for a few days until blood circulation matures".

So your story information was correct and if they were any type of decent person instead of a cowardly "troll" they'd have given their name instead of putting"anonymous".

Carry on writing please bud because your stories are good and people, like me, enjoy and appreciate them. Thank you.

Sticks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Different Aproach

This was an interesting variation of cheating wives. The first wife was a "typical" entitled rich bitch who can do anything she wants because of $$ and the only variant that would have made it even better is if Lucas gave half of what Mr. Fields gave him when to a women's shelter instead of keeping it all.

Good job!

T.T.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyabout 4 years ago

It was a good story to read. Who gives a toss about bigots who have to call the racist card every time there are different looking people in the same story. Suggest they look at themselves first.

My only worry is when you forgot to finish sentences. One comes readily to mind: "and I brought Keri with." With what?

Main problem was no btb of the cheater.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 4 years ago
Brought Keri with...

It drove me crazy when I first met folks from Illinois and they would do that. They would end sentences after with. That's just how they talk. Great story by the way.

OvercriticalOvercriticalalmost 4 years ago
Pretty Good

It's tough nowadays to write an original story in the LW category. There are tens of thousands of stories there. This one was a little different and I felt I could like the hero although he did sell out originally after the hens party. He made a business deal with Cara's father and knew what he was doing. Compromise is not a dirty word and he sold his virtue for a pound of flesh (and $10 million), but he knew what he was doing. He came out ahead both financially and family wise although I thought the ex-father-in-law character was a bit over the top. 3* but could be a 4

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Story Sucks

Why did the father of the baby, (black man), have to be castrated in order for this story to work.

Be careful your saying a lot about yourself

I only wish we could give negative stars

Bh76Bh76almost 4 years agoAuthor
Why?

The father of the child deserved punishment. He screwed married women. The harshness of his punishment sets up the father’s mental issues. As to his being black, it was necessary so that it would be obvious that she cheated. I suppose he could have been Chinese, but in my limited knowledge of the subject, Chinese strippers are rare. Him being black was a necessary plot device but not in a prejudiced way. This is even addressed in the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I Really Enjoy It

When an Author has the style to reply to comments, you did good Bh. That simple courtesy just raised my score. Signed: BTW

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyalmost 4 years ago
Good Job

Worthy of the category and that’s a bold goal

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Nice

Five stars.What a mess Cara made of her life.The stripper who became her lover, deserved all he got! He knew perfectly well he was fucking a married woman. The fact he was black was relevant only to make her cheating irrefutable.

NitpicNitpicalmost 4 years ago
Hopefully

Hopefuly Keris dad arranged the same warehouse treatment for Harrison.

Tiger27Tiger27almost 4 years ago

Good story and well written!

I'll have to remember "as I freed her pussy from her panty cage", (laugh). Don't believe I've heard it said quite like that before.

payenbrantpayenbrantalmost 4 years ago
Good job...

...would like to see the ex stepdad get balanced out. Hopefully he will go to prison for torturing another human.

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 4 years ago

Two stories. The first was LW. It shoulda ended at the payoff with ... “and he lived happily ever after!”

The second story was kinda Romance with a Violence sauce.

Neither need rating.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The MC will be a very rich man as a result of marrying that slut

If Lucas got $10 million because Cara was unfaithful and had another man's kid, then kidnapping, unlawful restraint, aggrevated battery and attempted murder should be worth at least another $25 million of Harrison's money.

If life has to be difficult it sure must be nice to get paid well for your suffering.

lee5456lee5456over 3 years ago
Daddy went to prison

He is now Bubba's bitch

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 3 years ago
HOPEFULLY

Dad ends up as bubba's bitch but with his money more likely a mental hospital

Njones53Njones53over 3 years ago

Good little story, enough of a twist to get a smile :)

Makes me want to put a couch in my bedroom now, seems to be a chick magnet.

"Sure," I said, "Please sit." I pointed to the couch in the loving room.

Freudian slip? Nice one!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
NOPE!

Why would you write a story about such a pathetic wimp?

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 3 years ago
Just plain dumb

This is a story inhabited with a whole slew of dumb people. Our "hero" did get a big payout for marrying a woman who can't keep her knees together, but he ended up with a dumb dora who runs over someone walking in a parking lot. He had to know that Cara wouldn't stay faithful to him longer than it would take for her to get out of sight. Only her father understood the situation properly and should have told Lucas what he was facing and how to handle it. If he had used Harrison's advice and had a parallel life with Cara while she screwed around he might have had an interesting existence. No warm, loving, faithful wife, but affluence and whatever side women he wanted. He just had to make the decision as to how his life was to go. Most of us couldn't do it, but it is a worldly alternative and perhaps tolerable for some. This story makes it clear that for many of us we cannot have overlapping lives - half on the conventional family-oriented side and half on the licentious. compromising side. To use the old cliché: you can't have your cake and eat it too. 3*

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyabout 3 years ago

Nice sweet story with intrigue and drama. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
3 stars. My drawback he attended Eve's funeral and knew she protected him.

No Eve no protection.

Brain cells should be working.

jtwheels

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

TO Overcritical - I don't know WHAT world you live in but open your eyes, just plain dumb (sorry Bob) is ALL around us!! As far as the story, 5*, thank you for your story Bh76.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Good story, but the ending was too short.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysalmost 3 years ago

Way too melodramatic with the kidnapping and the ex-father in law going crazy, like something from a very terrible b movie.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Why didn’t Lucas get the beat on the two guys who grabbed and tortured him? He should have been allowed to crush their balls!

dark2donut2dark2donut2almost 3 years ago

What a truly bizarre stuff. I think there is some plot here but the writer went into multitude of directions without finishing any. Keri fell in love the moment when she saw him on the ground after accident? Well, he must have been quite a Romeo.

muskyboymuskyboyover 2 years ago

Like most all your stories but this one actually felt almost like 2 different stories........

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The ending felt short. The story needs at least an epilogue.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Has anyone ever mentioned that real life IS a bad B movie.😂

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15over 2 years ago

When Cara put the baby up for adoption did it occur to her to give him to his father? Since he can now never have another one he should have had first refusal. His family second possibility.

Wolfgang1955Wolfgang1955over 2 years ago

5☆☆☆☆☆ I guess I have an imagination. Perfect ending.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAabout 2 years ago

Nice story. Flow was good. Ending would have been better if Daddy Scalia would have busted in and beat Daddy War Buck's ass to a pulp. BTRH...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Boring

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

stopped reading when you made the whore fuck a black guy .

thats just a bridge too far . no such thing as an attractive black guy ... sorry .

-Julie

EdgeOfSundownEdgeOfSundownover 1 year ago

When you think about it, Lucas was a genius. Knowing she was an amoral slut, he got paid for her bullshit....

A far better outcome than say that wimpy beta bitch in February Sucks....

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story line. Well done, Keep writing.

XYZ

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"but continued" in paragraph one? So, no problem is she screwed the stripper at her bachelorette party, as long as it was just that one time? Seriously?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

needs a proper ending

RuttweilerRuttweilerover 1 year ago
Meh

The premises some authors come up with can be bizarre. Like this one.

“I demand 10 million dollars to marry your daughter!”

“OK”

Kind of a stretch for a guy with no money, social position and modest prospects. Is he a secret necromancer or something?

I’m actually more surprised by the gullibility of the readers. They seem to suck it up without a critical glance at the scant probabilities contained in these tales.

Unbelievable! Seriously.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Contrary to some of the comments below: Lucas was brilliant for getting a $10 million payday for less than 3 years of being with Cara.

webbtrailwebbtrailover 1 year ago

The title didn't seem to match the story. There never was a period of questioning if there was "reason to live".

Otherwise, the story was told well.

inka2222inka2222about 1 year ago

@rutt - you're an idiot. That father valued family reputation far more than mere $10m, so the MC was right in asking for that. Especially since the daddy figured he'd never have to pay.

SorchakSorchakabout 1 year ago

They had a prenup, so how did Harrison think he was going to get out of paying when Cara's kid was born and it was proven not to be Lucas's? That part was weak.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19696 months ago

enjoyed that. thanks

Bh76Bh764 months agoAuthor

Thanks for reading. In my defense, it was one of my first efforts. LOL

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

There’s no way that a hospital allows someone to stay in the room of patient without the patient’s knowledge and consent. Did the stranger lie, and say that she’s his wife or sister? Her identification wouldn’t back that up.

If I woke up, and the woman who hit me with her car hard enough to knock me unconscious was in my hospital hovering over me, I’d own that hospital after my lawsuit! What if it was a hit, and she was in the room to finish the job?!?

ZK

EastCoaster1EastCoaster12 months ago

I'm just not sure that his 1st Father-in-law was that believable as going off the deep end when he saw that his daughter had ruined the marriage by her affair.

Four stars for the idea and the writing there was, but I think you rushed the ending a bit, which lost the 5th star.

I did give a follow to see more of your work, as I do think you are a good writer, technically... I want to see others of your stories of to see more of your work.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

@Bh76 dude you need no defense, this is my third reading (or fourth? Cant really remember) and it's one of my favorites. I love the meet-cute between Lucas and Keri.

Buster2UBuster2U2 months ago

10 big blazing stars for a very excellent story. Great Plot, heart Ache, and Heart Warming, just like the Hallmark movie channel. LOL, Betrayal then more betrayal, and finally a happy ending. Great Job. Regardless of what all these Harvard Literary Professors on her complain about. Excellent Writing. Thanks, Buster2U

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Decent buildup, but the deneoument didn't quite carry it off. Writing was competent, and use of the language was commendable. Four stars from me

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Bitch Luke knew about the stripper before marriage yet the dumb cuck still married her. Luke is a loser

XluckyleeXluckylee2 months ago

Second read and still 5 stars from Xluckylee for a great story

AmbivalenceAmbivalence2 months ago

Good thing you wrote this instead of me. To her comment:

"Don't be crude Lucas, it doesn't suit you. Yes, I fucked a stripper and have to live with the shame I brought to my family."

I'd have likely had him respond, "Not to mention causing your father to spend $12 million dollars to find out you're a slut."

.

And then she'd likely not have protected him from her father.

But knowing that her father was unethical (note the "I'll not pay you a dime" thought), I'd have made it clear anything happening to me or mine (including any disappearances) and the video would see *wide* distribution.

oldtwitoldtwitabout 2 months ago

I liked the basic plot, but the ending felt much too rushed and really sloppy, not in the way you wrote it, but it’s just too girly

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

So outlandish I am a bit surprised this good writer leaves it posted.

Craig

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBh76@Bh76
2781 Followers
2/9/24: Out of the Shadows is finally ready and dropping soon. My long-awaited sequel to Heart is Where the Home Is and Living In the Shadows picks up where Living left off and continues the saga of Mel, Joe, Lainey, Ken, and the rest of the gang. My patreon supporters have al...