All Comments on 'Rebecca's Dilemma Resolved'

by CeeeEsss

Sort by:
  • 51 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Terry Napes or Jerry Napes?

I hate when the author can't even keep names straight!

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 15 years ago
Just as I said: Husband victimized again

BIG plot holes really hurt this story.

<br></br>

I dont get it. How is the fact that Jerry is short sighted PROVE he did not and could not possibly have sex in the middle of the night? Jerry thought he was home in his wife's bed which is why he was naked. <b> Anyone ever here of 3am fucking ? </b>

<br></br>

There is NO mention of what the wife did wrong in the 1st place. She never apologizes to Clay for going to that bar/ dance club with jerry... or gettig so drunk...or anything.

<br></br>

Then there are all the things the wife threw in Clay's way so that he could not see her. Rebecca thinks she cheated on... so what does she ? deal with it like a grown up?

<br></br>

Nope. She wont talk to him for WEEKS over the phone. She Has her two older brothers threaten Clay with violence wheh he comes over. Isnt Clay at least owed an apology for something?

<br></br>

<b>Instead Clay is the one who has to force the issue and prove his own wife did NOT cheat.!!!</b>

<br></br>

I guess in the end I am glad the baby turned out to be his and she did not cheat and they are still together but when she screwed up and hurt Clay she ran and thoughy ONLY about herself.

<br></br>

NOT a good sign for the future.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
childish

waste of time

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
makes no sense

who was Terry talking about having had sex with ("Morning, babe. You sure are a sweet fuck.") and what about the sticky residue? And how did he drive away without his glasses? And if wife did do it, why is she staying away from husband, and acting like her husband did something wrong? I know she's ashamed and afraid of him and playing silly female mind games, but she's being an idiot for adding fuel to the fire and not begging him to let her come home and work it out together and thereby risks him walking away forever. And if she did do it, he has to be the biggest idiot on the planet to still pursue her, and befriend Terry and his wife just to get the drunken, untrustworthy, skank back and raise someone elses kid.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 15 years ago
Part 2 was a disappointment . . .

I found this part very confusing. There seemed to be no rationale for Rebecca to hide out from Clay. If my wife acted that way, and after weeks I could not talk with her, then I would file for divorce. Maybe people in the country (farmers and such) think along the lines we've seen in this story, but I doubt it. In fact, I think it is stereotyping. This section was a let down for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
You describe two very immature individuals

that live together. Married, why, in love, how would you know it, intelligent, not on your life. The entire town now thinks she cheated in an adulterous affair, her reputation is shit forever. He comes across as a wimp who lives with a woman who can walk out on him any time she feels like it with no problem. OMG I a pregrant and dont know if it is my husbands! Do the works amniocentisis mean anything to you? And villi testing? It could very easily be tested to see if he was the father without waiting nine months for a baby to be born that may or may not have attached earlobes. If she was really so convinced she had sex with another man where are the divorce documents she should have filed to end the marriage? There is a good argument to be made that women under the age of thirty should no be allowed to have sex nor to be married. Most women under that age marry and do things they later regret including having children and the either ruin their marriage or living a lie and hating it.

Tearsofsorrow2Tearsofsorrow2over 15 years ago
No evidence

There is no evidence that they did not cheat as surmised in chapter one. And there is evidence that she did cheat in chapter two. Here it is: "By the end of the first week, she knew her efforts were futile. She had tried so hard to remember what it felt like to kiss Terry Napes but truthfully, she couldn't even recall the color of his eyes behind his thick glasses." People do not try to remember kissing people they did not kiss. Therefore she kissed him and any of the other things alleged are rendered immaterial. Kissing someone romantically that is not your husband is cheating. Also that the child is your husbands does not mean that in your drunken state you did not have sex with a man who should never have been in your house. Only idiots would agree with the reasoning in this story. She cheated and subconsciously she knows she cheated. Her reaction is one of someone who cheated and in the end, with the husband letting her off the hook. She will cheat again. If for no other reason than to feel her freedom as stated in chapter one. Common immature whore. Stupid wimp husband.

hansbwlhansbwlover 15 years ago
Very good

I am baffled by the negative comments. This is a well told story with a twist, they are far between. Please remember 90 pct of your readers are infact lousy readers. Continue your writing for us few.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Let the writer be

WHy is it that readers think the author should go their way in a story. This was a good story of a scared woman and a loving man. Are there holes in the story? Sure. Even in the best stories there aer holes. This story shows the depth of love that a man can have for his wife and the fear that can rest in a woman's heart. Moral of the story? Don't get drunk with someone other than your spouse!

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusover 15 years ago
Nice little tale

This is the kind of thing that becomes legend in a small town. The supposed parentage of one child or another, whose been sneakin' round whose back door. The introduction was more than a little strange, but that's fine.

APeacefulPlaceTxAPeacefulPlaceTxover 15 years ago
Sorry, it's a bit far fetched...

I love a reconciliation story because I love to see a woman realize that she's screwed up, loves her husband, and is literally willing to do anything to get him back. In the shallow stories that "anything" is sexual, in the good ones it's character growth and fundamental change in her moral character and relationship with her husband. Those reconciliation stories are the finest "love stories" around because the wife has to prove her love. People screw up and sometimes spectacularly.

<p>

I don't see that here. I don't see her showing any real concern for her husband, I don't see her changing her character and I see a pregnant woman drinking! I suppose that it could be said that she wants to "protect" her husband because of what she MIGHT have done, but it doesn't come across that way. Instead she's a little girl who runs away and only comes out when her husband maeks it all better.

<p>

Did she cheat? No, the author makes that clear, and those that want to read clues into the story ignore the "facts" that the author is allowed to make. When the author says clearly there was no cheating, there wasn't. It's the author's story. If it is left unclear the reader can decide whatever we want.

<p>

However, in this case I have to look upon the husband as a wimp of the first order. He sits in a bar and doesn't make a scene with his silly wife. He "KNOWS" she didn't cheat even when she doesn't. How does he know, because he knows the other man is blind without his glasses? Sorry, I can buy that after a conversation with Terry/Jerry, but if the wife isn't certain she didn't cheat, he should have to have doubts.

<p>

Then there's the moonstruck way he waits for her to come back. Okay, you have to give a pregnant woman special consideration, they're liable to be a bit nuts as their bodies adapt, but this guy is over the top.

<p>

The story is well written and the plot a good one, I would like to have seen a bit more reality and frankly some soul searching on both parts. It doesn't matter why you ended up in bed with another man, it's a major screw up. Being too drunk to remember isn't an excuse, oh and then there's the "rape" word. Sorry, if they were too drunk to remember... that word is used much too loosely.

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusover 15 years ago
Research

I looked up earlobes, and confirmed that attached earlobes are recessive. Detached earlobes are dominant, as I am sure you know. So, if both parents have lobes with a rounded bit of flesh at the bottom, the child will definitely inherit this trait. However, if one parent has attached and the other has unattached then the child can inherit either! This is currently the most accurate way to determine a child's paternity other than taking a DNA sample.

I have also heard of folks having one attached and on unattached earlobe, a rather rare anomaly, rather than an inherited trait. It might have been fun to have the child turn out that way, sending everyone into an uproar!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Doing the dishes

Doing the washing up is more entertaining than this

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
horrible

waste of time..learn to write you hack

you are the ignorant dolt who votes obama

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
tada, surprise, hubby!

it turned out, the baby is yours! he's white! my fingers are hurting terribly from being tightly crossed all these weeks! LOL

JADED_ONE1969JADED_ONE1969over 15 years ago
Sorry, say that again!

A mans wife at the very least slept in the same area as another married man. SHE didn't who the father was. But he did. Sheesh. What a messed up family. The first chapter was okay the second, to be honest I didn'y really care who the father was.

bruce22bruce22over 15 years ago
Truly Amazing

The author did a fine job of creating an unlikely situation and finding a solution. Yep Rebecca would try the patience of Job! To the commentator at the beginning. In the absence of an internal security system there is no way that anyone can prove that they did not cheat and the husband only established a likely explanation for what was said by the interloper. Thanks author for your work. I enjoyed it.

peggytwittypeggytwittyover 15 years ago
Very well done fantasy story, people of character

Ok this is beyond me where these negative comments are coming from. A young girl/woman (19) believes she has made a mortal mistake and slept with someone other then her husband. This young 23/24 year old man knows in his heart his wife, and love of his life, would never ever harm him much less cheat on him.<P>

Where is the whore or slut or the cuckold or wimp????????<P>

You did a great job of showing the lifestyle and morals of a rural community as I grew up in. A man is taken at his word and you don’t judge someone off hand. You wait and see if he shows he’s the man he says he is.<P>

This young girl had everything she wanted and yet she trusted that going out with a friend to a local bar-dancehall with all the community there would not be anything but innocent and open. Well as in every environment whether it is work or social, the gossip hounds can cause more damage then any real fact or action could ever raise.<P>

No one did anything to anyone and there is no story, except people like to see evil in the darkness. Some of the comments are from darkness and let no light in what the story is about or the dialogue used. I find it so refreshing to see honest people who hold their values as not just written in stone but practiced without reservation portrayed here.<P>

A very young wife felt she had betrayed her husband and all she gave him as sacred; She felt she no longer could face the man she loved. Oh sure she is a bit immature and maybe a little foolish, but she sure has her values in the right place. A very strong young man knows, not just believes, his wife is afraid she has killed his love of her and he needs to talk to her and put this matter to a conclusion. Boy, you don’t find people with more forthright intentions and actions then people who try to protect what is most important to them and lay you life down for what you know is right. <P>

I find your story and writing very good. I sure hope you understand that there are people out there who hold views that have no give or take just tunnel vision and everyone is to be in lockstep to act the same if the word unfaithful is even uttered. Some people don’t read the story they just skim it. <P>

The fact she felt something wet between her legs was not broached and we know that Jerry/Terry thought he was waking up from a drunk with his wife. These are small things some people just want you to see and yet others hang their hats on as proof of some kind, that it is all a lie. Try and read your story over or have some others proof it a bit before you submit it. Cannot hurt!

Please keep writing, as I’m sure I will not agree with all your story lines but I will look forward to reading them. <P>

Thank you for the entertainment.<p>

PT

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
pt?

If she "would never ever harm him much less cheat on him", why did SHE, herself, believe she cheated on him? Commentator's logic, like the story, doesn't make sense. Typical: It was just sex, didn't mean anything. Even though I dated another guy while married, got wasted drunk with him, took him home and then woke up naked with him the next morning all soiled, sticky and pregnant, and him asking me for more sex, IT SHOULDN'T MEAN ANYTHING! (pt, HOW DO YOU UNRING ALL THOSE BELLS?) As for Terry saying he 'thinks' he had woke up with his wife, that's sort of like WJC saying he thinks he didn't have sex with ML (Terry's just trying to keep from getting divorced and then lynched by a couple of angry brothers and an EX-husband). Ever think this could be interpreted as a story about a naive, young farm guy [wimp] whose naive, young wife made a bad mistake and he's trying to cover up the small town scandal and carry on best as he can? With chapter 3 being about the very bad accident that happens to Terry?

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
What a piece of crap

Why the hell are you wasting your time trying to write? Go do something usefull like taking out the garbage or take the dog for a walk

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 15 years ago
Some guilty clues remained...

Reminiscent of one of Boccaccio’s classic tales, ‘the bathroom night time maneuver’ is a well tried framework for nocturnal escapades, not for proof of chastity… Indeed it seems that even the author, seemingly despite one’s own intentions, have planted evidence for a night which was not dedicated only for getting over a drunken stupor… As anon commentator mentioned, why would Terry leer at the wife and say: "Morning, babe. You sure are a sweet fuck." It sure sounds like he was reveling at the discovery of an unknown quality, not like something a husband (unless with death wish) would say to one’s loving wife first thing in the morning…<P>

Plus, the wife found incriminating evidence in (or on) her at that morning. I have to assume that she is familiar with her own body…<P>

So it ended up looking like the author was trying to erase the hints he had planted earlier, but forgetting some hidden in plain sight! <P>

Hey, it was fun anyway! I like stories which salute (knowingly or not) to their classic elders, even if this version could have benefited from another round of editing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
PLEASE

Please stop writing i got a head ache reading your piece of crap.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
what

What a dumb story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
PROOF

This story is proof that some people will say theylike anything because this is terrible.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
bs

right, so the fact that she went out without her husband, got blind drunk and woke up naked with another man-none of that constitutes cheating? did no one else pick up on that part? granted, living in a small town and going through that drama once would prob stop her from doing it again, but whats to say it couldnt happen if she got drunk enough? then theres the fact that when she woke up, her vag was a sticky mess and the bs about earlobes? as we already know, genetics is a funny thing, so whats to say his kid didnt get different earlobes? at the very least, clay should have gotten a dna test because even if you didnt come right out and say it, you implied that she had sex and then wham! she becomes preggers. personally, i think he should have left her bc her actions are pretty much unforgivable. its like every cliche theme out there-husband leaves so wife wants to explore her freedom, goes dancing which desptie what anyone says is often an intimate thing, gets blind drunk and wakes up naked, with another man, with a sticky vag. also, you basically said that although clay thinks its in his wifes nature to go out dancing/drinking with anouther man whenever he isnt there to "curtail her freedom", he firmly believes she wouldnt actually have sex with the other man? this was a terrible story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
One point...

not crucial, but you went out of your way to mention the sticky wetness she found and then did not explain it. It was not necessary to the plot and in the end I bet you got some comments on it. If you bring in a point as an author, then you need to address it. Otherwise an ok story.

norcal62norcal62almost 14 years ago
Is disturbing when author can't keep character names straight.

What's with Terry and Jerry? Ditto on unexplained wetness on bed. Was a creative way of telling the story, but the crux of the wife's fear was never dealt with. Left a big hole in the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
but...

She still did things that raised possibilities for the paternity of the child? That did not matter?

BriteaseBriteaseover 12 years ago
Great

Nice story - Nice ending.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 12 years ago
Good Story

It's nice to know that believe it or ot there are still some honorable people in the world.. Also that a husband can love so much he is convinced of his wife's fidelity while most did not. Another happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
A decent wife wouldn't put herself, her husband or her baby in the position she did

I know people have to think about the baby, but a decent woman wouldn't find herself drunk, naked and pregnant in some other guy's bed the first time her husband is out of town. So it turned all innocent and a big misunderstanding, like some politicians trying to spin out of some lies; but these hicks aren't smart enough to be politicians. Just stupid people doing what stupid people do, stupid stuff. But wife's stupid actions were continually sooo over the top its a wonder why this Clay guy is staying with her. Its like she is too stupid to even know right from wrong in her everyday actions until its too late, or pointed out to her. I could easily see the wife bringing a date to her own wedding and Clay having to tell her it was wrong, and why, and then having to explain to her why it spoiled the whole event, and why he is not being unreasonable for being mad. Just substitute "having a baby" for "wedding" in the last sentence and in sums up what I think of this story. Good writing, interesting idea, but Clay became a wimp by kissing his wife's ass after her continuous terrible behavior. He should have just let her sit until she came to him and asked to be redeemed. No stars!!

tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
TOLD YA SO

only works in school yard tussles, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
traitor

he smoked a meaty cock, buggered by the fat one, betrayed!

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 11 years ago
gave it a 5

and Becca and her family are the best kind of people. If it was a chance the baby wasn't his, she was out of there by her own choice.

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 11 years ago
Yep all was well - BUT

What was the wet stickiness between her legs - it remains unexplained -

We accept the story as is but she was careless and indiscreet - in a small town that can be a big time headache - but that will resolve -

The wet spot does not -

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Loved it

A sweet story with a happy ending. Five stars.

impo_58impo_58over 9 years ago
Really a good story...

A very good story, well written...

AmbivalenceAmbivalencealmost 9 years ago
Ok, what was the argument...?

Was it "Did Rebecca have sex with a man other than her husband...?"

Or was it "Did Rebecca KNOWINGLY have sex with a man other than her husband (i.e. was she too drunk to know it was happening)...?"

Or was it "Did Rebecca get PREGNANT by a man other than her husband...?"

Personally, I don't know what the dominance is in regards to earlobes. Obviously, we're supposed to believe the dominance is whatever Terry/Jerry had - meaning she couldn't have had sex with him because the boy's earlobes matched Clay's... But if Clay's (and Rebecca's earlobe type was dominant, she could have STILL had sex with Terry/Jerry... it would prove nothing.

And we're supposed to believe he woke up in the morning and said to his wife "You sure are a sweet fuck."...? As in he THOUGHT he was saying that TO his wife...? If he was sober enough to KNOW he didn't have sex with her, how come he wasn't sober enough to find the couch...? If he was too drunk to drive (or find the couch) how does anyone know whether he wasn't drunk enough to think he was having sex with his wife...?

Even if you proved (based on genetics) that it was Clay's baby, it doesn't prove she didn't have sex with Terry/Jerry... and if they were BOTH drunk, thinking each was having sex with their spouse, there wouldn't be evidence of rape, only evidence of sex.

I don't see anything as resolved...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Point

"Rebecca kept her eyes closed as she put her hands between her legs to feel a sticky wetness."

O K, Rebecca had sex with someone other than her husband. No doubt. She could feel his sperm when she woke up and he acknowledged it. I believe the point of the story is that Husband will overlook Rebecca's drunken night realizing it wasn't her true nature and that he is more than likely the father anyway.

anon.1

ErotFanErotFanover 7 years ago
Which twin was it?

Terry or Jerry Napes?

The 'sticky wetness' is an unfair tidbit to insert in the plot unless CeeeEsss actually wants the reader to imply that adultry occurred. And then the clincher "Morning, babe. You sure are a sweet fuck. Do I get some this morning?"

Then there's te matter of the dangling Vs. attached earlobes. Conclusive? I think not!

The arguments at the Little Brown Jug will probably go on. And well they should.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
1*

stupid cuck shit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

It started out being a good story then the stupid ending caused your story to be no higher than 2, What a stupid ending.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Sweet

That was a cute little story, with a bit of a twist. Nice job.

ohyessssssohyessssssalmost 5 years ago
😁

Sometimes you need one like this in Loving Wives.

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago
Again

Good story with a happy ending for everyone.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago
Lovely story

I kept thinking she was being a bit immature, but if she really thought she'd had sex with the other guy, even if by accident, I can see it. Good husband and a nice ending.

ErotFanErotFanabout 3 years ago
A well told story of guileless folks

Yes, of course they had sex. Clay's love for and high opinion of Rebecca allowed him to overlook the lapse in sobriety and decorum.

Simple as that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

It's obviously the other guys kid and the husband is a pathetic willing cuckold .

Disgusting .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Should be in a new category of story "Decent, kind, understanding and patient husbands who make sure of their facts, but who still have a silly wife"

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Absolutely stupid.

Uhhh...DNA testing. Her pussy was wet. Terry (or Jerry according to the first few paragraphs of this installment. Wtf? Get a decent editor) explaining she was a great fuck and could he get another one the morning they awoke in the same bed.

Uhhh..."he has your ears" doesn't mean it's his God damned kid. Yeah. Right. "He has your ears...but Terry's DNA..."

Get the fucking DNA test before you put your name on the birth certificate. It's obvious she fucked Terry. And it's a pretty good chance it's his kid.

Of it is your kid? Life goes on and you tell that stupid slut she doesn't go out to the Brown Jug ever again without you because she obviously cannot be trusted to not fuck other men. Not even if those morons she calls her brothers are with her. Because it's obvious they don't care who she takes home and beds when he isn't around.

If it isn't your kid? You get a divorce. A VERY public divorce. Terry gets sued for child support. And it ruins his marriage as well.

And this stupid slut gets to be a single mother in rural America. Good luck.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Simple folks most likely happier and more well adjusted than the more sophisticated members of society. LP

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous