Receiving Grace Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She quickly finished checking my vitals and noted them on her clipboard. She asked me about my pain, and I said it was tolerable for now. She then bustled out, and I relaxed and closed my eyes. I started thinking about how long I would be here and how I would get home. Then I started thinking about Grace and how she had been counting on me to take care of her place while she was taking care of Bonnie. The enormity of how bad I had screwed up overwhelmed me, and tears started leaking out of my eyes. "Oh, Grace, I don't know what to do," I thought to myself.

Alice came back in carrying a tray. I could smell the coffee, and I quickly dashed the tears from my eyes, but not before Alice had noticed them. She didn't say anything about it, not wanting to embarrass me. She swung the side table over my bed and put the tray down. She said, "I managed to find a roast beef sandwich to go with your coffee."

My stomach growled its approval as I said, "Thanks, Alice."

Alice laughed again and said, "I'll let you eat this in peace. I'll check back in a few minutes." She left me to eat my sandwich and coffee. It was delicious, and my stomach appreciated it too. While I ate, I assessed my options. I'd ask Alice to ask the doctor to tell me when I could go home. I hoped it wouldn't be too long, and then I'd call my niece to see if she could help me.

Once I was done eating and finished my coffee, I pushed the side table away. I relaxed, my stomach no longer complaining about not being fed. However, my leg let me know it wasn't thrilled with me. It started throbbing, so I knew I'd need another pill to get back to sleep. I worried about getting addicted to the pills, vowing to ask for them as sparingly as possible. I'd heard horror stories about people having withdrawal from using them and didn't want to experience that myself.

Alice came back in to check on me. Seeing that I was done eating and drinking, she asked, "How's the pain in your leg?"

"It hurts like hell," I said, not happy that I have to admit to it.

"Good," Alice said. "That means it's starting to heal."

"How long am I going to be here?" I asked.

"That's not for me to say, but I can let the doctor know you asked," Alice said as she started rechecking my vitals. "But, I'd say that it shouldn't be too long. I've seen worse, and they've gone home in a week or two."

"Thanks, Alice," I said.

"When I finish up here, I'll get you your pill," Alice said.

"Are they addictive?" I asked.

"No, you're only getting ibuprofen with codeine," Alice replied. "As long as you take them sparingly, you should be okay. Don't worry about addiction right now. You'd have to take a large number of them for a long time for that to happen. Right now, it's more important that you're comfortable so you'll heal quicker."

"Okay," I said, relieved that I didn't have that to worry about.

Alice again noted my vitals on her clipboard and said, "I'll get that pill for you now."

She left and returned almost immediately. She handed me a cup of water and the pill and watched as I swallowed it. I handed the cup back to her, and she said, "Get some rest, now. The doctor will be around in the morning."

After Alice finished up and left, I thought about Grace and what she was going through. I chastised myself for feeling sorry for myself while Grace watched her daughter die slowly in front of her. My heart went out to her, and the tears leaked out of my eyes as I wished I could be there to comfort her. As the pill took effect and I fell back to sleep, I thought about how I could cheer Grace up. She really enjoyed riding on the back of my bike...

August 1965

... Nobody ever called Mother by her real name, if, in fact, they even knew what it was. Everyone called her Mother because of the large tattoo on her left bicep that was a heart with an arrow through it with 'Mother' inside it. She was probably in her fifties by now. Still, the stories we've heard are she used to be a professional powerlifter and had won many competitions. She kept herself in shape even after retiring from competition. As fit as I kept myself, I wouldn't dare go up against her, even with my height and age advantage. Her upper arms were nearly as big as my thighs.

In addition to beating just about anybody arm wrestling, Mother remembered the name of anyone who ever entered "The Green Door," never getting it wrong when she saw them again. We've come here several times over the years, and she always greets us by name. Considering how many thousands of people must have been here, I find it amazing how she can do that.

"I'm doing fine, Grace," responded Mother. "It's good to see you two again. How's Bonnie?"

"She's doing fine, Mother," answered Grace, the pride for her daughter clearly visible on her face. "She's entering seventh grade next month and is going to try out for the cheerleading squad."

"That's great, Grace," Mother said. "I was worried about you after hearing about all of the race riots going on in LA."

"The riots never got to us," Grace replied as she shared a look with me. "But it was scary, anyway."

It had been scary. I sympathized with colored people and the discrimination they faced in everyday life. My lifestyle was looked upon in much the same way, so I had some idea of how they felt. However, I could pass because I looked like the people around me, despite my 'butch' appearance. The colored people didn't have that ability. I don't think the rioting helped them much since they were basically burning down their own neighborhoods. Still, I could understand their frustration and need to strike out.

Mother grunted in agreement before turning to me and asking, "Are you still working out, Kathy?"

"Yes, I am, Mother," I said, a broad grin on my face as I anticipated her next question. "No, I still can't take you, and I'm not going to try," I said, remembering the last time I arm-wrestled her. Mother had toyed with me for a few seconds, letting me strain as hard as I could without moving her wrist at all. Then, she just slowly, slowly, pushed my wrist down to the table, as if I wasn't even trying to resist her at all.

Nobody ever tried her more than twice. Few people tried more than once, the ones that did, thinking that they, like me, hadn't really been ready for her the first time. It was always entertaining to watch because there was always someone new willing to try. Mother had a standing bet with any customer that they ate and drank for free the rest of the day if they beat her. If they lost, they had to pay double. She seldom lost, so she was way ahead overall.

"I got one of those new 'Nautilus' machines in the weight room if you want to check it out," Mother said as she guided us to a table. She had part of the basement set up to do her daily workouts to keep in shape. Anyone was free to use it if they wanted to. However, they needed to clean up after themselves and put anything they used back when done.

"I'll have to do that," I said with a grin. The owner of the gym I went to back home had talked about getting several of the 'Nautilus' machines, so I was interested in seeing how one of them worked. With that, we sat down and grabbed a menu as Mother went off to seat another couple who had come in. Grace and I exchanged smiles, anticipating the good time we would have the rest of the day. We sat together, allowing me to put my arm around her shoulders. Grace turned her face up to me as I tilted my head down. My lips met her lips, and the world went away for a while.

Once the world returned, I noticed a TV above the bar. The news was all about the Gemini 5 capsule returning to Earth after a successful mission, despite the glitches they had suffered during the launch.

We went over the menu, checking out the beers on tap or in bottles. Grace and I loved that they had a large selection of beers that you can't find anywhere else, including local beers. I saw that they had Anchor Steam Beer, and I pointed it out to Grace. We decided to start lunch with that and proceeded to figure out what to eat.

Our waitress came up to take our orders. She was tatted like I was, and she had pretty green eyes and auburn hair. "Hi! I'm Jennifer. What would you like to drink?" She glanced at my tats with approval before looking at Grace as she waited for our response.

I saw her eyes tracking over Grace's body, and I could tell she liked what she saw. I couldn't blame her. Grace was a beautiful woman. Grace smiled and said, "We'll both have Anchor Steam Beer."

I watched as Jennifer reacted to that smile, looking almost awestruck. After a nearly awkward pause, she asked, "Draft or bottle?" as she tried to recover from Grace's broadside.

"Bottles, please," Grace said, smiling again.

"Good choice," Jennifer said, rapidly recovering. "I'll get them and then take your order."

Jennifer reluctantly tore her eyes off of Grace and turned away. As she headed to the bar, I chuckled and said, "Wow, Sweet Cheeks. You practically stunned her."

Grace grinned at me and said, "I do have that effect, don't I?"

"You know you do," I acknowledged as I leaned in for another kiss.

When we broke, Grace got a thoughtful look on her face before she said, "God, it's so great to be able to just relax and be yourself here."

"Yes, it is," I said, agreeing with her. "Why do people think we're disgusting?" I asked. "Why can't they just accept us for who we are? This is the age of Aquarius, after all," I said, remembering the encounter yesterday at lunch.

"Remember how we used to spend all of our time on the beach, Baby Doll?" Grace said with a dreamy look on her face. "God, I wish we could just go back to that and to hell with the rest of the world."

"Those were good times, Sweet Cheeks," I said, agreeing with her. "I guess we just grew up and became responsible adults." I reflected back to those days. We had just defeated tyranny around the world, and everyone was looking forward to getting on with their lives. Then Korea happened, and the cold war took over, and we lived in constant fear that the world would end in a nuclear holocaust. Now, Vietnam was happening, and it seemed that the allure of growing up just didn't seem to be as great as it once was.

We exchanged kisses, and I started feeling some heat below as my nips hardened and ached. I could see that Grace's nips were tenting her top, so I knew the feeling was mutual. As relaxed as the atmosphere was here, I knew Mother wouldn't tolerate blatant making out in the dining room. I just settled for kissing and snuggling with Grace, knowing that we could do whatever she wanted tonight.

Jennifer came back with our beers. We ordered our food, and Jennifer bounced off to put in our order to the kitchen. Mother came by and asked us how we were doing. We briefly chatted before she moved on. We clinked our bottlenecks together and took a drink of our beers. Since I wasn't going to be driving for a while, I could enjoy a beer now. Between sips, we continued kissing, just enjoying each other's company.

When Jennifer brought out our food, we reluctantly separated and dug in. As usual, the food was delicious. Mother stopped by to check on us, and I told her to give our compliments to the chef. She said she would but hoped it wouldn't give the chef a big head.

While we ate, we planned our afternoon. I told Grace I wanted to check out Mother's gym. She said I could, and she'd call and get a room for the night while I was doing that. Then we'd eat dinner and dance before heading out. I smiled at that. We both loved to dance and try out the latest dance craze. I remembered doing the mashed potato, the 'loco' motion, and the twist, which we both loved even though we weren't teenagers anymore.

Jennifer stopped by a couple of times, and I ordered an iced tea while Grace ordered another beer. When we were done, I paid the bill, and we went our separate ways. I headed down to the basement to check out Mother's new 'Nautilus' machine. When I got to the gym, a couple of other women were there. I nodded to them, noting that they were checking out the new equipment, too.

After introductions all around, we took turns trying it out, spotting for each other as we tried different things after reading the manual. It wasn't as flexible as using free weights, but it did allow you to change weights a lot easier. The resistance bands made some movements easier than free weights, while others were harder. We agreed that the 'Nautilus' machine was efficient, time-wise and space-wise, but we weren't completely sold on it.

Finally, I had tried everything I could think of with the 'Nautilus' machine and cleaned up before heading back upstairs. I ran into Mother, and she asked me what I thought of the new equipment. I told her what I thought, that it made some things easier and other things harder, but overall, it was a compact device that did many good things. Mother nodded to my comments and said she had come to the same conclusion herself and appreciated my feedback.

I went to find Grace and found her in the lounge, talking with a couple of other women who were there. When I came up and sat down beside her, I saw furtive looks of disappointment from the women who had been hanging on Grace's every word. When Grace turned and smiled up at me, that only reinforced the fact they were wasting their time hitting on her. I just smiled to myself, trying not to rub it in their faces that Grace was mine and only mine.

They quickly excused themselves and got up and left. Grace said, mockingly, "Looks like you scared them away, Baby Doll."

I locked eyes with her and said, "I'm not half as scary as you are, Sweet Cheeks." I said that with all truthfulness because it was true. Grace could take care of herself and didn't need me to protect her. She could cut someone to the quick or charm them to death with just a word or two. I've seen her make strong women cry with just a look and a word. I've only had it directed at me the one time, and I would die rather than face the brunt of it ever again.

Grace just smiled, leaned in, and said, "Boo!"

I mock-jumped back and then grinned back at her. "Be careful, Sweet Cheeks. You'll give me a heart attack."

We sat together for a bit when we heard the music starting up. We got up and headed into the club section to see what was happening there. We saw a few women out on the dance floor, either dancing with someone or dancing in the hope someone would join them. We weren't in the mood to dance just yet, so we moved off into the back, where the pool tables were located.

There weren't too many people there, so we took an open table. We both reached into a pocket and grabbed a ball at random. I pulled the '2' ball, and Grace pulled the '7' ball. I won the break, so Grace got the rack and set up the balls while I hunted for a pool cue.

I found one I liked and grabbed the cue ball. I started lining up my shot while Grace formed the rack. I knew Grace had racked them tight when she pulled the rack off, so I immediately made my shot. The balls scattered, and I managed to get the '11' ball in the side pocket and the '3' ball in the corner pocket. I looked over the table, mentally mapping out shots for both stripes and solids to see which worked better.

While planning my next shot, I saw that Grace was looking just as intently at the balls as though she thought I was going to miss and leave her the choice. I grinned to myself. Grace might not be a jock, but on the pool table, she was competitive as hell, so I knew I wouldn't have to try hard to lose. I decided to go for solids, so I called "'7' in the side."

I made my shot, but the cue ball ended up tucked behind the '10' ball, leaving me no clear shot. I tried a bank shot to get the '6' in the side but missed it completely, leaving several easy shots for Grace to choose from.

Grace had selected a pool cue while I was shooting and was ready to go when I missed. She smiled at me before she looked to line up her first shot. I watched as Grace leaned over the table, admiring how her teats moved inside her tank top while lining up her shot. Grace's ass slightly wiggled just before she took her shot, calling the '12' ball in the corner. Grace quickly pocketed three more balls before missing a difficult corner shot.

By now, my pussy was hot and wet from admiring Grace's form. I said, "Tough luck," making her chuckle as I moved in to take the easy '3' ball in the corner shot. I just had to decide how hard to hit it so the cue ball would end up where I wanted it. If I did it right, I could move the '8' ball to a spot where I could win if I could get the other three balls in first.

As I pondered the angles and power aspects, Grace reached for the chalk and started chalking her pool cue tip. She swayed her ass and pursed her lips to blow the excess chalk off the tip, distracting me momentarily from my task. She caught me looking and knowingly grinned as I jerked my eyes back to the table and the end of my pool cue. I took a couple of breaths to steady myself and took the shot, burying the '3' ball in the corner. The cue ball rolled over to where I wanted it for the next shot after slightly tapping the '8' ball away from the rail.

Grace commented, "Nice shot, Baby Doll," as I stood up, smiling from getting the shot the way I wanted it.

"That's the difference between luck and skill," I snarked as I moved to make my next shot, palming Grace's ass briefly as I brushed by her. Grace smiled up at me as she wiggled her ass, pushing back against my hand. As I lined up the '2' ball, Grace deliberately moved into my line of sight, trying to distract me. Trying hard to concentrate on my shot, I shook my head before taking the shot, mishitting it, and leaving an easy shot for Grace.

"So, was that luck or skill?" Grace snarked as I stepped back to let her move up to take her shot.

"That was a distraction, Sweet Cheeks, and you know it," I said with a grin.

"Who, me?" Grace said, a look of innocence plastered on her face.

"No, the 6' 3.5" white rabbit standing behind you," I returned as I reached for the chalk.

Grace moved in and started lining up her shot. I loved the little furrows gathered between her eyes as Grace concentrated on this shot. As much as I wanted to return the favor and distract her, I didn't. I wanted Grace to win without my helping her. I got my wish with Grace knocking in the '15' ball, leaving only the '9' ball to drop before finishing with the '8' ball. She had to sink the '9' ball and leave herself with a good shot on the '8' ball, which was partially penned in by my '4' ball.

I held my breath, willing Grace to make the shot. She called the shot and then took it. As soon as she struck the cue ball, I could tell she had hit it correctly. I watched as the '9' ball was buried in the pocket, and the cue ball rolled over to where it gave her a good shot at putting the '8' ball in the far corner pocket.

Grace stood up and grinned up at me, saying, "That's what skill looks like, Baby Doll."

I didn't argue because that was a good shot. I moved out of Grace's way as she moved in to line up her shot on the '8' ball. It would not be an easy shot, but I knew she was good enough to make it. Grace called the shot as she set up, her ass slightly waggling as she concentrated on the shot.

I loved how she looked, bent over the table like that. I fantasized that she was naked. I was behind her with my girl cock, driving it into her pussy, making her moan and gasp as I filled and stretched her. I was so deep into the imagery that I nearly missed her taking the shot, the '8' ball going directly into the pocket as called. I watched as the cue ball rolled across the table, willing it to stop before dropping into the pocket it was heading for. It did stop, and Grace celebrated the victory by turning and jumping up into my arms. She wrapped her legs around my hips and her arms around my neck as she laid a kiss on me that promised more for later.