All Comments on 'Recovering Slut Pt. 03'

by Carl_Bradford

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
MasterfuljimMasterfuljimalmost 3 years ago

The end ?

I certainly hope not. A very thoughtful, if sad, tale and one which I can imagine to be very realistic.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I think she is missing an obvious possibility... FINO with her former master Kevin should be possible.

Too interesting a character to end the story here, however.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

What a downer of an ending. Out of curiosity, was there a reason she never looked into community college, to get an education, to increase her earning potential? She is described as unassertive, not stupid in the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

In order to become an EMT all I needed was 1000 dollars and nothing to do for 5 months to be a student. My situation was nothing close to hers, but I was also lost and felt like I had no skills at the time and was dealing with addiction myself. It seems impossible to me that no charitable organization would exist to put newly freed people through trade schools or vocation training in similar veins. Nowadays I’m not even an emt anymore but doing that for a while, closing the gap in my employment, providing for myself in a specialized profession that I could be proud of, did wonders for my self confidence and allowed me to stand up for myself in other professions later.

I’ve taken a shine to this character and if I can do it, so can anyone, so can she. I choose to believe she picked a trade (maybe EMT, maybe welding, maybe plumbing, maybe IT) worked at it for a while, kept up with a local support group for her condition, and after a few months/years, switched to something she enjoyed with a marketable skill and got the Dommy partner she desired!

Steve150177Steve150177almost 3 years ago

I think that she gave up too fast.

She should try to find a FINO contract.

She should advertize on the equivenent of Craigslist.

Same men like A size breasts, not DDs.

She needs to try.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Maybe some sort of FINO with that first guy from the brothel? Assuming he could be tracked down. Or maybe he tracks her down? He clearly had money. Spending it freely to buy her virginity and paying a little extra to buy her more time to rest. Maybe not a 'savior' but he did try to give her some caring and pleasure. Maybe now he could use a housekeeper/cook with regularly scheduled FINO play? Seems like it would allow her to straddle the line and buy her time so as to not just rush back to the collar. Assuming he did care about her as a person, he could provide a non-stressful place to spread her wings slowly and see if she ultimately flies or if she decides to clip her own wings and return to pet on a perch status. All this idea would have to be a different book and a likely different perspective since this book is ended now. I do like your work Carl. Your world builds with each new addition with characters we readers hate to see go away.

Siska100Siska100almost 3 years ago

Another great story. Going back into slavery isn't a solution, it’s running away instead of facing her demons. But I can easily imagine how a person enslaved for her entire adult life, could feel incapable to escape from that life. She should try to get a job in one of the trades she learned at Tempslave. Maybe Alice at the Glory Hole does have an opening for her. Or she could remain at the Longhorn to work, not necessarily in the food service section. Finally, what did she want to do, before her enslavement? There has to be something other than going back.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

It seems a bit hard to leave us with this ending, although nothing compared to what Betsy has to be go through, right? Still: If she feels she has no other choice as to reenslave herself, than Nikki failed as her shrink, Jesse‘s program failed, and let‘s not talk about the Texan chauvinist asshole slave system I think another of your characters characterized it, that is obviously not in the interest of young vulnerable women or women in general.

My guess is: Us readers having to think about such things is exactly what you had in mind, had you not? In that regard, ending here makes lots of sense. However, IF you are planning to add another chapter, don‘t let this poor woman down, please!!

GamblnluckGamblnluckalmost 3 years ago

I think a little redemption is called for. But that is my own opinion. Ten years of slavery for a mere 30k debt is over the top to me. A life destroyed. But that is the way it is in the slave grading world.

Giving you 5 stars for a story that makes you think about justice. What is real justice?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I thought the answer is easy - repayment plus compounded interests from her father who got her into this mess. What happened to the rest of her family during the time she was enslaved? She paid her father’s debts, does it not make him indebted to her? The author it would appear focused sexual slavery but not on the chain on indebtedness. If you act as guarantor, you should be able to recover the debt due to you, otherwise why act as guarantor. Her father, if he is alive should owe her at least $30,000 plus compounded interests. If he is not able to pay, she should be able to repossess all his assets and auction him or his beneficiaries if the assets are not sufficient. This is a world where bankruptcies do not exist, therefore you would expect beneficiaries to carry the debts.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Contact "Mister" Kevin

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Call 'Mister' Kevin

NnnelsonNnnelsonalmost 3 years ago

Great story. Hopefully the author will bless us with a fourth chapter where Betsy finds success as a free woman.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A recent comment suggested that Betsy should be able to claim funds from her father. If you re-read Part 1, you will notice that the father was also repossessed (for other loans) at the same time (that's why he had to get a loan in her name) and Betsy never heard from him again. Yes, he could be traced through the National Slave Registry, but the odds are he is still indentured and has no assets to attach.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

It's a good author who can make me feel for a character who doesn't exist and never will. I wish there was something I could do to help her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I think part of the trouble is Betsy had ten years where she couldn't do anything outside of work and sex, and it seems shes almost forgotten other things exist.

What music does she like? Would she want to learn to bake a pie from scratch? Take up knitting or crochet? Start playing pool? Get really into video games?

Also from what I've read about sugar baby relationships, physical appearance isn't all that matters. I don't think Betsy needs to count herself out as a Fino. If she's capable and attentive someone is likely willing to pay for her company. Heck, some guys get kind of a savior complex about it. I bet she could go through some sort of dating website and find someone who would want to help her recover while she finds herself.

msspnnrmsspnnralmost 3 years ago

Interesting story that tries to make you think about the ramifications of the legal slavery universe

VisitorAnonVisitorAnonalmost 3 years ago

Betsy is smart and introspective. What she's not is confident. FINO might be a good option for her. Or going back to school. If she likes food services, she could retrain for the restaurant industry. I would like Becky to do well, and end up happier than she is now. That something about the quality of the writing and world building. Well done.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous