Recovery 02: Is It Real

Story Info
A young woman's first love truly hurts.
9.2k words
1.9k
4

Part 3 of the 5 part series

Updated 11/16/2023
Created 03/19/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Prologue:

This new Billyslate Love Story Series is a Slowburn Lesbian Romance tale. The storyline differs from most of my previous Literotica Story submissions. Children are not in PT: 00, but are in the latter PT: 01 and throughout PT: 02/03. As always in my stories, very limited sexual activity happens when children are at home. Also, as a general rule, no alcohol is consumed when children are present.

All descriptive sex in this story is lesbian, with young ladies aged 21 or older. Some explicit lesbian sexual activities may feature a strong but loving woman as the definite TOP controlling the action, along with light spanking.

This and all Billyslate stories are 100% Fiction in every aspect.

SPECIAL NOTE:

Some new Billyslate readers requested more information on CROSS-OVER Characters in my stories. There is a complete listing in my BIBLIOGRAPHY, but the following stories have several characters in this category!

1st MAJOR CROSS-OVER STORY READING ORDER:

Love is Where One Finds It Pt. 02 Ch. 01

Love is Where One Finds It Pt. 02 Ch. 02

How Did I Get Here 01: The Pain

How Did I Get Here 02: The Pause

How Did I Get Here 03: The Pledge

How Did I Get Here 04: The Promise

2nd MAJOR CROSS-OVER STORY READING ORDER:

The Move Home Ch. 01

The Move Home Ch. 02

The Move Home Ch. 03

Wanna Paint Pt. 01

Wanna Paint Pt. 02

Edited By Billyslate/Grammarly

ENJOY!

Ending Recovery 01: Can I Love Again

I smile, "Just so you know Mars, I may be a bold operator at work, but my private life is different. I'm 26 years old, and you are only the second person I've kissed romantically. My first sensual kiss was with Kris almost two years ago.

"I feel a bond with you, maybe because of the girls. Your little girl, Tanya and I kid around with each other the first time we meet. Then six days later, Laryssa, Galyna, and Ataliya show up at the Villa, and the six of us quickly bond like a family."

Mars shakes her head, still looking intently into my eyes.

So I pull her in for a soft-wet kiss, "This's our final kiss until you feel ready to move forward. If you are okay, I'd like us to be girlfriends and later married.

"If you're not ready for an emotional relationship at this point, especially with a woman. We'll stay friends and move on with plans caring for our girls and working on legislation reducing gun violence and mass killing."

Quietly finishing our wine, we marvel at our first so-called date night. Hugging, Mars turns toward her bedroom, but then dashes back laying a sweet wet kiss on me!

"I'm strongly attracted to you Kenz, but for now, let's be cautious with romance!"

Recovery 02: Is It Real

Everyone's up and has eaten breakfast by mid-morning Saturday, then Shy/Sly take off for their apartment since today is cleaning day. We bid them goodbye and the six of us enjoy the day lazing around our townhouse.

Of course, the four little ones have a thousand questions for Mars and me about our lovely dinner. Most questions are from Tanya and Laryssa, who appear to be on a mission. I think they've become very close and are scheming to keep us all together.

Honestly, last night out with Mars feels so comfortable, that I fully agree with the girls' scheme. Neither Mars nor I have any further activities planned after our month in Seattle. Galyna Laryssa, Ataliya, and I will fly back to DC afterward, meaning the six of us will have been together for nearly three months.

Mars admits to being strongly attracted to me but wants to move cautiously in our romancing. So, there must be something holding her back and I guess we'll cross that bridge went we get to it!

CHAOS IN GEORGIA

We've been in DC for six weeks, with all going well, so we'll soon leave for a month in Seattle. En route to Seattle, we'll stop over in Whitehall/Athens, GA for a week's visit with my parents. The entire Georgia episode turns into a flaming disaster, severely testing my mental tolerance limit(s).

I carefully consider the best way to approach my parents after a nearly two-year absence. Finally, deciding to surprise them at Church, then enjoy lunch after the service. If this intro goes well, the six of us will likely move from the hotel to my family's place, since my birth home's quite spacious.

Mistake big time! There are hard stares, the moment we enter the vestibule. I want to register us as guests, but the 'Male Usher' refuses, and it accelerates downhill from there.

I grew up in this Church congregation but do not recognize several members, since most seem new and angry. Looking closely, many wear Confederate pins, seeming to be rabid QAnon followers, hating everyone but themselves. Some members surely see us as a Lesbian Interracial Family since Mars is of South American heritage and our four girls have varying skin tones.

Feeling fierce hatred vibes flowing our way, I step back into the vestibule entrance, asking the usher to please tell my mom, Elsie Nichols, and dad, Jerry Nichols I'm waiting for them here.

My parents come out looking unhappily at the six of us, asking why did I bring these people to their Church. I'm flabbergasted since Mom and Dad appear possessed by the same flowing hatred, I feel in the main Church body. Trembling in anger and confusion, I tell them we're staying at the Athens Hilton Hotel, and will check out tomorrow, unless I hear from them.

Shaken to my core, I lead us back to the Hilton hotel, asking myself, Is It Real?"

I'm speechless, trying to pull myself together for the children, and then nearly two hours later Mars's phone beeps with a TEXT message. She takes her phone to one of the sleeping areas and returns a few minutes later visibly upset shaking and trembling, so I ask what's going on.

Mars answers, "I'm so sorry Kenzie, but Tanya, and I must fly to Seattle early tomorrow morning. We have First Class tickets on call for us at the airline ticket counter!"

I yell, "Mars, what do you mean, Tanya and you are flying to Seattle tomorrow morning?"

Mars cries, "I do not have a choice, the two of us must go to Seattle alone tomorrow, and may never see you again."

My voice rises, "Mars, I explain to you how fragile these young refugee girls are when we're in Munich. You say you're 100% committed, and now Just Like That, you're popping off to Seattle alone with Tanya."

I keep ranting, "What about our talk of the future last night? Marsala you're selfish, and trusting you is the worst mistake I've ever made in life. So, go the hell on to whoever wants you in Seattle. You are absolutely on the money about never seeing us again. Get packed and out of our lives right now, go and get another hotel room."

Tanya, Laryssa, and Galyna are wildly crying, with Tanya screaming, "No Mom No!"

Ataliya looks anxiously at me as she collects the little one in her arms, "Galyna, don't cry sweetie, I'll help Mom Kenzie love you."

I fully understand losing my temper makes this extremely bad situation even worse, especially for the children. So, without a backward glance or goodbye, I grab Laryssa and Ataliya's hands and bolt out of the room. We walk outdoors to the other side of the hotel, where I see a quiet garden.

Galyna is crying and holding on to Ataliya for dear life, as tears pour down Laryssa's reddened cheeks. I sit taking the three girls onto my lap; "Ataliya, Laryssa, and Galyna, Mom Kenzie love you three forever. We'll go back home to our place in DC tomorrow and talk more."

Tears flowing down her cheeks like raindrops Laryssa asks, "Mom Kenzie, will I ever see my best friend Tanya again?"

***

Mars and Tanya are gone when we get back to our suite, and Laryssa starts a new round of boohooing, finally crying herself to sleep in my arms. I'm shaken to the core, by Mars's abrupt and baffling decision to fly alone to Seattle, leaving Ataliya, Laryssa, Galyna, and me at the Hilton.

Ataliya lays the girls on the sofa, so we are close by if they wake suddenly. She seems to have matured by leaps and bounds since I first see her in Munich.

She sits by me laying her head on my shoulder, "Mom Kenzie, my English is better now, but I want to learn more. You give me so much love and hope, and I will never leave you alone. I'll help take care of Laryssa and Galyna while you are sad. Let's all go back home to our place and hold onto each other."

I think to myself, God, Ataliya has grown so much in the past seven weeks, I cannot let her or the other two little ones down. I hurt badly, not knowing the why of Mars's dramatic turn-a-round from our date night, but am certain it relates to the text message she gets.

I hug Ataliya tightly, "You are such a sweetie pie, and Mom Kenzie needs you to help her through this very bad time, Okay?"

My phone rings before she can reply and it's my parents. We have a knockdown drag-out battle and fortunately, the 2-little ones are sleeping soundly.

I blow up screaming bloody murder at them when they insist, I'm not ready for motherhood and should turn those Ukraine girls over to an International Refugee Placement Agency.

My final words to Mom and Dad are, you're NOT the people who raised me. QAnon has turned you both into evil hateful devils pretending to be Christians! If either of you ever returns to normal, I hope I can forgive you for your hateful actions today and love you again!

***

Two despairing days later we're home, exhausted and saddened by the Georgia ordeal. Laryssa suffers the most emotional damage since another sister, (Tanya) is mercilessly snatched out of her life.

Ataliya hugs and comforts Laryssa, and Galyna constantly showers Laryssa with kisses. Life's slowly returning to the pre-Georgia crisis level, although no one in my work realm understands Mars's actions.

Shy and Sly frequently visit, often staying overnight and playing with my little girls, but we all dearly miss Marsala and Tanya. I do not tell the girls Mars calls twice, but I don't answer, I block her number after the second call. I don't know why, but feel it protects me, and the girls from more emotional strife.

Mars walks away from all of us, just by getting a TEXT message. So, I must fiercely protect the girls who've already lost everything dear to them when Russia brutally invades Ukraine. Mars can't just breeze in and out of our lives based on a text message.

SEATTLE MARSALA (MARS) POV

It's more than two weeks since I walk out on Kenz and the girls. Both Tanya and I are so miserable, but what can I do? They threaten to take Tanya away from me and send me back to that hellhole place if I don't obey them.

Sometimes I ask God, why give me so much PAIN? My Mommy and Daddy are taken away from me by ICE, and I never see them again. Daniel's taken away from me by a senseless gun mass shooting, and I love him so much. Now Kenz who's very special to me and Tanya, will not answer my calls or talk to me.

My life is over if I lose my baby girl, Tanya. Yet, Tanya constantly pines for Laryssa, Maybe I Should Just Let Go of Life and Will Myself to Die.

Then I think, if I'm dead, who'll love my little Tanya? I just cry and cry, as life is fading away from me! Going-Going-Going-Go--ne

Ringing, my phone's ringing! Wake Up Marsala Wake Up, and I come back from the abyss of nothingness to life answering the phone!

I say hello, and she screams, "Marsala, WTF are you doing," before I even know who she is.

"Anita rants why are you doing this crazy shit to Kenzie, the girls, and your daughter Tanya. I deeply respect you when we are in Munich and also working on the gun control legislation, but now feel you're just a selfish little tart."

I cry out, "Anita, please let me talk, you don't know what's going on in my and Tanya's lives?"

Anita roars, "I know you bailed on Kenzie and the girls in Georgia. If that's how you treat someone who truly cares for and loves you and Tanya, I'm glad you're gone. Goodbye, Forever Marsala!"

"Anita Wait!" I scream at the top of my lungs. "What do you mean, someone who loves me?"

Anita sighs, "Kenzie does not play games and has only loved two persons in her life. Kris dies facing unbelievable odds infiltrating Wagoner mercenaries on an SIA Mission, and YOU, Marsala, bails on Kenzie like a jackass, for no good reason.

"Kenzie is a Warrior and she'll protect you and Tanya with her life. Kenzie holds a 5th Dan Blackbelt in BJJ/JJJ & Judo, teaching Eleanor and me aggressive natural posture defense. Kenzie combines the BJJ/JJJ defense with our GB-SF hand-to-hand combat training while we three are on station in Munich.

"Do you understand Marsala, Kenzie is a Warrior, who loves you and Tanya, yet you don't even know she's still a Virgin?"

Anita rages on, "Marsala, I don't know what the hell going on in your life, but a Real Friend would have shared it with Kenzie. Your husband's death was beyond your control, but you're personally destroying Ataliya, Laryssa, Galyna, Tanya, Kenzie, and yourself."

Anita's final rage, "Get the hell off your self-pity wagon and you be a Woman! Let Kenzie be your Warrior Partner!"

"Goodbye Marsala, The Ball Is In Your Court!" says an angry frustrated Anita.

I end with, "Thanks A Million Anita, I may need to phone you for a quick dose of outrage and courage."

***

Meanwhile, in DC, life is mostly back to normal after being home for three weeks. Our missing Mars, and, her daughter Tanya in our lives, are obvious to friends and work contacts. But they respect our privacy and feelings by not asking many questions. When alone, I still try to grasp what happened to Mars that day at the Athens, GA Hilton, but to no avail, always coming up blank.

The VP and AG meet with me privately, questioning how shall we proceed on the Gun Responsibility Legislation since Marsala is perfect for the Victim's Advocate role and/or committee Chair. I suggest we move forward as if she's still the person while I closely review several more victims' files.

Colonel Marvel, Jessica, Evelyn, and Borden praise my loving care for the three, Ukrainian refugee girls, I've come to really love. Surprisingly, my bond with Ataliya grows stronger every day as she exerts a firm big sister influence over Laryssa and Galyna. We're all close, but Galyna is without a doubt Mommy's little girl.

So here I am, Kenzie (Kenz) Ellen Nichols mom of three Ukrainian refugee girls, still a Virgin, and my 27th birthday's around the corner.

SEATTLE-MARSALA (MARS) POV

Calm settles over me following my intense talk (yelling match) with Anita, the GB-SF COM Sargent I meet the same night as Kenz. I'm existing in a world of emotional havoc because of fear, so am not truly living. Tanya stops crying every day but is a ghost of the cute little 7-year-old who meets Laryssa three months ago.

Anita says I should be a woman and let Kenzie be my warrior, but she blocks my phone number and won't return emails. So where do I go from here? For certain I'm being watched and followed whenever leaving home, so how do Tanya and I travel almost 2500 miles incognito?

Again, helplessness enshrouds my psychic, with me floundering around for a few more days.

Finally, thinking like the woman I respect, Kenz, I say the magic words; Fick sie alle (Fuckem All). I have Anita's mobile and she's only an hour away at Joint Base Ft. Lewis-McChord in Tacoma, so get on it girl.

I huddle with Tanya, who brightens visibly, then make the phone call, 'YES I'M READY!'

***

TOTAL SHOCK

It's been a hectic day with several meetings on mass gun violence, which I schedule mostly at home. After the Athens, GA debacle, I hire a tutor for my girls who mainly focuses on improving their English. But she does teach Laryssa basic entry-level math, spelling, and reading. I'm working closely with Galyna on little girl talk while teaching Ataliya about teenage life in America, and some introductory middle school courses.

Wanda efficiently manages the Ambassadors DC office, with Shy-Brenda and Sly-Bernie at her side. Those two young ladies blossom, as I never in a day expect. So, I'm working about 95% from home since returning to DC from Georgia.

Then one morning it seems like a 7.4 Richter Scale Earthquake hits DC, my phone ringing off the hook with Sly screaming, "She's Here Boss!" when I answer.

I hear Shy yell, "Gimme the phone Bernie, you sound like a wild woman."

Shy calmly, "Hiya Boss, your long-lost friend, Ms. Marsala is standing here with her daughter Tanya, both crying their eyes out. You're the best thing ever to happen to Bernie and me and my heart tells me you need to talk to her.

"The office closes in a few minutes, so I'll ask Wanda if Bernie and I can leave early. We'll bring them to the townhouse, then take care of the four girls while you and Ms. Marsala talk over dinner at the nice place you like before."

I snark, "So that's what I'm gonna do, Huh Shy?"

Shy simply, "Bernie and I love you and want you to be happy. We have no hidden agenda, like some so-called friends! You show the two of us love from the moment we meet, so Sly and Shy are returning your love."

***

Properly chastised, I follow Shy's plan, with four little girls still happily bouncing off the walls when Mars and I leave for dinner two hours later. Sly makes our dinner reservation early, so Mars has to quickly shower, dress and make up. I must admit she looks ravishing in a Red Cocktail dress but has shed a few pounds since we are in Georgia.

We have the same server as before who arrives with a bottle of freshly breathed Murray River Cabernet. He pours two glasses and says see you in 45, just wave if you need me before then.

I smile, "Someone's memory is on overtime, and will certainly be highly rewarded!"

Mars lifts her glass to me, touching for a toast. She gives me her phone with a video keyed up to play and a legal envelope with documents and email copies.

"I apologize for bailing on you in Georgia, Kenz, but I was so scared of them taking Tanya, I panic. I hope you'll find it in your heart to forgive me."

I open the video which shocks me to no end, as it's from that fateful Sunday morning at Mom and Dad's Church. The SMS with the video fills me with rage and hot volcanic anger; so, I lean over tightly hugging Mars, and kissing her cheek.

I read several of the emails and other documents, and am ready to erupt like a volcano at 2000F.

I growl, "Mars, who's doing this to you?"

Mars smiles, "Anita says to me Kenz is a Warrior, so Mars, you be Kenz's Woman and let her be your Warrior! I want you to know the whole truth, so please read the rest of these papers now while sipping wine, and I'll tell you the whole story as we eat."

LIFE BEFORE & AFTER BUFFALO - MARS POV

None of my business contacts or few friends know I grow up mostly in Foster Homes. I can't remember much of my early life as a toddler, but know my parents are loving to me. I faintly remember getting many hugs and kisses from Mommy, Daddy, and my extended migrant family, living among the Apple Orchard workers.

When I'm older, I learn my parents are illegal immigrants from South America. But I'm an American citizen, born in rural Washington State, where my parents harvest apples from orchards.

There is a US Customs farm worker raid and my parents are deported. I'm placed in a U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) detention facility (almost like a jail) for migrant children.

This place tries to find relatives or adoptive parents for most kids, but in the real world, very few children are adopted after the age of 6. Also, the detention facility makes extra money from ICE, by holding onto us kids as long as possible.