All Comments on 'Red Daddy: Ceres Station Pandemic'

by ja99

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
LevitikanLevitikan9 months ago

Good story, would be nice if we found out what happened to ev, did she end up with red in the end?

ja99ja999 months agoAuthor

@Levitikan, Excellent point. In the General Orders issued to the station, the rules are given that there are so many more women than men, that men and women cannot have long-term relationships. This fueled Red's desire to have his sister live with him just to get a chance at seeing the same person consistently over time. There's great tragedy in that; the denial to a person of the chance for long-term romance, in favor of the expediency, the importance, of ensuring colony / city / bloodline survival.

Your raising Ev as a romantic tie is really fitting. It's obvious Red wants that, cherishes that continuity and connection, but it's not obvious in the story if it's resolved. He has some power, perhaps it could have been made to happen?

Ev wants the chance, I believe we can see that, but also is torn by a need for career goals of doing good for the whole station. In a way a lot of women face the same problem - career vs. family - and as the Author I can say, yes, that was front of mind to note. So many people having kids would certainly set up Ceres Station to have excellent patterns of childcare that assist working mothers (unlike many countries in the present day), and seeing that situation of successful parenting and successful career would have been an example that could advance the vision, the needs of people who tragically believe both are exclusive. Instead, I believe they're complimentary but only if the larger society reconfigures somewhat to enable that mutual success. Perhaps you've inspired another story - not of Ceres but of elsewhere - where that dichotomy can be shown deconflicted. THANK YOU, seriously, for the idea (even if your comment wasn't meant to be this deep, lol). Be well. Your comments on my other stories are appreciated as well.

vegasmichael50vegasmichael509 months ago

Incredible work! Thank you!

Christian_AlanChristian_Alan9 months ago

Very well written. I like how you took the time to establish the values of this society and then slowly and logically progressed things. That and giving personality to a lot of the side characters helped to keep each encounter unique and meaningful. Great job and I'm definitely going to check out your other stories.

stevenraystevenray9 months ago

I really enjoyed this story. Maybe I missed it, but did he ever get over the need for relief or was that a new constant and why he had 12 girlfriends?

ja99ja999 months agoAuthor

@Stevenray, the ongoing need isn't addressed on purpose, since it may or may not be fixed by medical treatment in the intervening years. Part of the thoughts of the story (as the Author I can reveal this) is showing that sometimes having lots of sex is good and fun, but there's also a Serious pain-in-the-ass factor. Making up for that hassle is Red having "Teh Horneey" (compulsion to solve this).

I think in present-day life people have much worse medical maladies than having to be awake once a night for 20 minutes getting-it-on. Yes, probably a hassle, but as a life-handicap, it's not bad debilitation on a larger scale.

ja99ja999 months agoAuthor

@Christian_Alan, Thank you kindly! Glad to know you found something worthwhile in it. The concept of Japanese culture, with limited living spaces, generating emotional constraints? I have no way of knowing if this is reasonable, I'm not Japanese, and I can't know how much nature / nurture / culture plays into how people treat each other. I'd love to spend some months in Japan and have some conversations on this topic, though. Alas. Life interferes.

202GE202GE9 months ago

Incredibly well written, structured, and engrossing. The first 80-85% of the story was great but the latter part deviated from the theme in an unpleasing way. The main character lying to his sister and the way he 'pushed' girls together seemed unnecessary and kind of sleazy. There seemed to be lack of emotional duress presented at the onset of the virus's impact but beyond that the realism was stellar. Amazing work and thanks for sharing this with us. 4.5/5

A must read for any sci-fi fan.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Wow. Every young man's dream: Bigger cock and balls, a reason for lots of sex, a ready supply of Randy women and being paid to have with and impregnate those women.

And all this packaged in an internally logical story in a subtly unique culture going through a period of drastic change bought about by a viral plague (very topical).

A great story. A great sci-fi world. Potential for other tales here.

ja99ja999 months agoAuthor

@anonymous, thank you kindly. I enjoyed writing it quite a lot. Feel free to check out my other works. I'm really proud of Demeter's Tempest and Master Yoshi but they're not rated as highly, nor seen as frequently, and I'm sad about that. But, hey, the stories fall out of my head and fingers and sometimes there's flaws. Plus, I posted into Romance and Novellas categories and those get fewer readers, I think. Alas. Thanks again!

Falstaff60Falstaff607 months ago

Another great, enjoyable and original story from ja99. Keep up the good work. 5 Stars.

cindyp1976cindyp19764 months ago

I really liked this it was really good

FseriesFseries4 months ago

Liked this one, similar to how I like a few of your other stories. But, like a few of your other stories I’ve read, have great detailed exposition about events, descriptions and procedures and culminate in an ending that feels abrupt.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userja99@ja99
I'm cis-het male, normal guy with a penchant for writing, mostly adventure stories with some sex. Longer form is my preference, not just scenes. Under Fit529 I've set up patreon, and an AO3 account (archiveofourown), and a website (Fit529 Dotcom), and have recently put some ...