All Comments on 'Red Roses Ch. 02 - White Roses'

by PeytonMirabelle

Sort by:
  • 32 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

How fortuitous that you happened to post this on the same night I came back to reread the first chapter.

It's quite a departure from the first one, but I'm sure it was intended that way. The CNC is much more C than NC and it's clear Trish is relaxing maybe a bit too much during the encounters. Why was that, I wonder? Although it helps lead the story into Romance, it does feel disappointing that the theme the first chapter did so well is all but gone here, but you do allude to the potential for more CNC in the future.

I also found myself frustrated at Trish's behaviour. It's difficult as we're not privy to her thoughts like with Justin, but I don't quite feel she made up for the way she treated him - going straight from ghosting him to saying she'd marry him is a bit jarring.

But it's easy to criticise and I certainly enjoyed both chapters! I hope you write more :)

Wang4Wang4almost 4 years ago
Great Story (both parts)

Well author, this reader enjoyed the fact that this tale ended as a romance with a happy ending! Despite all the different categories on Literotica, there is still room for stories about good people who discover they care for each other in spite of themselves . Thanks for sharing

Ed

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 4 years ago

Sometimes the journey may be as important as the destination!

5

Even Brer Fox and Brer Rabbit have a thing to teach us in these PC times!!!

LunaScarletLunaScarletalmost 4 years ago
Felt a bit rushed

I loved the first chapter was thrilled when I saw that you had published a second chapter! Even though I prefer Non-Con, I also like Romance, but this chapter felt a bit...rushed, IMO,

They went from being best friends, to fuck buddies, to not speaking, to reconnecting, but when they confess they have feelings for each other they immediatelly start talking about eternal love and marriage... I know this is a fantasy, but there are plenty of couples that start dating as friends and find out that they dont work as a couple, I mean, specially after their falling out, shouldn't they explore their relationship a little bit? This would also allow for more character development, as Trish comes off as very unlikable and even a bit manipulative as it stands.

LunaScarletLunaScarletalmost 4 years ago
Wish there was more...

I had written quite a lenghty comment echoing other users' comments, but it didn't get posted, so I'm commenting again, I wish you had fleshed out the characters' personality and their feelings about eachother, because it seems a bit rushed to go from best friends, to fuck buddies, to not speaking to eachother , to end up wanting to be together forever...

I stated in my previous comment how I'm aware that stories on Lit are supposed to be fantasy, but as it is, I just feel that Trish comes off as a very unlikable and manipulative person, and Justin ignores the way she has treated him in the past and comes back crawling to her... Not even mentioning that even though they had been friends for a long time there's no guarantee that their relationship would have worked.

If there were a couple more chapters to explore the development of their relationship, the ending wouldn't feel so rushed, as I feel that this story has great potential! I finished it wanting to know Justin and Trish more!

mcollectmcollectalmost 4 years ago
Really liked this one.

I enjoyed this story so much,that I want more.

cybojicybojialmost 4 years ago
Really great characters

The problem I had with my best friend is that I was totally and madly in love with her for years. When consummated I said those three words and she ran like an Olympic sprinter. Do I regret it. No, if she felt the same we would of been the best couple ever. That was 30 years ago. We haven't spoken since, she will never forgive me. Women. 5 for your great story.

DeanThomasDeanThomasalmost 4 years ago
Out of the ball park - Again!

While I understand why some have felt that this chapter was rushed, I have to say that for me it felt just right. The psychology of the characters felt honest and real, and even tugged at the old heartstrings some. Very good job. Hope to read more of whatever you feel like writing.

RobbieEdwardsRobbieEdwardsalmost 4 years ago
Excellent Ch 01. Ch 02 very disappointing.

Very unsympathetic to your heroine, way too easy on your hero. The latter realises he is in love but: does not tell her; does not send a card saying ‘I am out.’ ; breaks the rules of their encounter; responds to the herione being upset not by now telling her the truth but by deliberately waiting to the day before he is leaving when she has no opportunity consider and respond to say he is moving away and he loves her. The heroine considers, realises she loves him and comes to tell him. He behaves as though it all her fault and he has been hurt and is upset and she should apologise. The alpha male all conquering hero! Bullshit. She should have told him he was a pathetic, cowardly wimp, and he would never see her again, kicked him in the balls and left for good. Forget that Ch 02 feels slightly rushed, I am so disappointed in you. What a waste of an entertaining story. Do yourself a favor and try to correct if you do continue.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
The Man in the Arena

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."

— Theodore Roosevelt

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Five Stars

I absolutely loved it.

Were the story to end here, I would be somewhat unsatisfied. As it has not, I see the rushed aspect others have commented on as an opening for future conflict and development of the story and characters.

I, for one, can't wait to see where that leads.

julianmarquezjulianmarquezalmost 4 years ago

After reading this part and realizing that the problems I had with the first one got worse, to the point that this whole second chapter revolves around that problem, I decided I was just going to comment that and say that this "love" story just wasn't for me... But then I read some person's comment trying to paint Justin as the bad guy and so I felt like I needed to comment how truly awful this relationship is FOR HIM.

Like I said in my comment in the first part, everything is on her terms, always, and here things get even worse (that "let me show you what to do" made me remember a truly awful time of my life, to the point I got a bit nauseated when I read it).

By the time that SHE (holy shit) is the one posting the "I'm out" and he still tries to contact her, he moves from "exploited enamored guy" into "useful idiot" and he remains like that for the entire rest of the story. Hell, he's even subconsciously aware of it, because she WAS in fact sure of herself: when you're in this kind of imbalanced, neglectful relationship, the one with the reins is actually aware that his/her partner is, in fact, an useful idiot who won't resist them. I should know, but I digress. She even managed to make his taking a good career opportunity all about her.

The story tries to paint their ending up together as a happy ending. It ain't; in truth, he'll just suffer the subtle nightmare of unconsciously knowing that he just isn't as important to her as she is to him, until he has a nervous breakdown. At that point she'll just dump him, realizing that manipulating him will just be more trouble than it's worth.

Hell, their behavior matches that of the people in this kind of relationship so well that it almost seems intentional... And I would almost believe that if it weren't because this was posted in romance. No, this ain't romantic, it's a hell that was unintentionally well portrayed.

Oh, and contrary to what the comment trying to paint Justin as the bad guy said: No, he didn't actually break ANY of her rules, the mask stuff and everything else he did to distance the personas was his idea, it wasn't in the ground rules. He was a good little lapdog all the way through (which mind you, it's the right thing to do... If it hadn't extended to literally everything about them beyond the encounters).

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
loved your story

somehow I don't know how hit the start for rating.. I really rated a 5 start but only 1 star showed gold I really loved your story as I hit home for me. things turned out fine in my life better than fine but the lumps and bumps were all there. thank you for a very enjoyable read and for taking me back many years as I fought for my loved one

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

This couple is in for one hell of a bad time trying to restore what ended so badly..

What they had going on at first satisfied them both. Then he changed the game outside of the negotiated rules. It was supposed to be only about the sex, and he tried to turn it into something she didn't want - and wouldn't for a while if ever. She had been getting what she asked for, what she had negotiated to receive. She thus had her curiosities satisfied. Despite how it ended, she wouldn't try to go back to that arrangement again, especially as she was the one to officially end it.

She didn't want to lose her friend, but he removed himself with his attempt to become her lover. So she terminated their arrangement via the rules they had discussed. She was right to do so. He didn't stick to the rules as he had agreed. A woman who trusted a man with her deepest secrets only to have them betrayed would find it hard to ever trust a man with those secrets again. He'd betrayed her trust.

Even though he caused the breakup, she broke him. He'd been manipulated into doing things as she wanted without fully understanding what he was getting himself into. He should have been asking her questions via the method she had given him to use. Instead, he wasn't paying attention to anything but himself. He assumed he could take control. He never had any control from the beginning. Trying to take control triggered his being fired from the role he'd been given in her play. Women tend to only give a man one such chance, then he's done and she moves on.

You cannot go home again. Everything will have changed since you left and it is no longer what you left. This goes for people as well. Every man has a woman he regrets losing. His leaving town was the only realistic thing he could do at the time. He would have had plenty of time to begin healing without her in his life, leaving aside until the emotional pain has had time to drain away to evaluate what he did wrong.

But once she's gone, and he's had time to get over her, only a fool would try to resume, to roll it back to just before the error was committed. It can't work a second time because she will never forget. Only a fool would allow her a second chance to manipulate him again.

I really doubt his mother would have told where her son was since he was so distraught for so long before he left. Mom certainly would have asked him before telling her anything. According to the story, Mom betrayed her son for revealing his new residence.

A man could get to not trusting any woman after such disrespectful treatment. Women already don't trust men much.

I'll stop here. This beaten horse is quite deceased.

Allanjim3Allanjim3almost 4 years ago
Very Nicely Done ...

As someone who once had a ‘best friends to lovers’ relationship very much like Trish & Justin’s which lasted seven years, I have to say; reading about their ‘split’ was saddening. It also dredged up memories of my own heartache at that time - and I haven’t even given it a moments thought all these years later, but it was difficult to continue to the end. Maybe I’ll leave this for my therapist to help me untangle.

: )

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
LOVE!!! Keep it coming!

Loved both stories! Would love to see more Justin and Trish stories!!!

eibirbeibirbover 3 years ago

Very good. I look forward to more.

Btw i read the story of the fox and rabbit as a young child. An apposite quote!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

You're an excellent writer and understand the psychology of relationships. I'd love to read more "romance" about Justin and Trish. One thing that doesn't appear too often is the romance on the other side of the "getting there". Children, work, parents and friends, and a maturing sex life during pregnancy and finding/making time during life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Awesome series

Well written and I loved the story line. Love it being from Justin’s point of view. The first sexcounter was amazingly sexy and then the writing aside from that was great. I finished reading on my lunch break because I was unable to leave off with the two friends at odds with each other. Anyways, awesome writing and I don’t say that often.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
5/5

This story is very engaging. The author is articulate and well versed. Looking forward to reading more about Justin and Trish. Thank you for writing such a great series.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Constructive Criticism

Firstly I loved the story and can't wait to see more. You did say that you struggle with editing and thus far all mistakes I have seen are minor, however your most frequent mistake is in three letter words separated by a single letter while not extremely common in only about 3 or 4 times in the span of both chapters a sentence has had this speed bump that hampered the flow of the read. However once again I loved the story and eagerly await its continuation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Best one so far

I wish I could change all the 5 stars I've given out until now to 4 and this be the only 5 star story.

You can tell it's an excellent story when the part of Justin being apart from Trish makes you physically hurt.

Great story PeytonMirabelle

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great story

Apparently I'm more of a romantic than I realized. Very well written and thought out. Both stories had me captivated from the start but I really FELT this one all the way through. You have talent.

shopratshopratover 3 years ago

Great story, just wonderful writing. The conflict period seems a little short but perhaps thrre is more angst to come? Of course lot of stuff in romance has no conflict at all. One of the very best stories on this site do far. Great job!

HardScrabblerHardScrabblerover 3 years ago

Yeah, there are two ways things can go when someone catches feelings, and this story went both of them.

Very well done. Thank you.

wartiewartieover 3 years ago

Greatly enjoyed this story – both chapters. I've lived part of this some 40 years ago - the emotional tenderhooks of unrequited love - the multiple types of emotive pain, etc. (i.e., meeting Matthew), and feel that you did a great job with your characters.

Thanks for writing, I found your prose superb.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Overwhelmingly good

As a reader of this site for years (even before it became literotica), your story has captivated me. I know that even after a decade or more, i would still remember this. You have an amazing talent when it comes to writing. I never thought I'd come across a story like this here. I wish you'd b3 successful in this field. This kind of story should be published. - mtz

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 3 years ago

Beautiful story - I'm dreading the progression from reading the shorts. To see such a beautiful relationship devolve into something else would break my heart. Thanks for sucking me into their world for a bit...5*

Freddog6601Freddog6601about 3 years ago
Well done

Nicely crafted story from someone who appears to be a romantic at heart. Good likable characters, appropriate dialogue with a nice pace.

Quite an enjoyable read.

Thanks. 5*

coredencoredenabout 3 years ago

Others have waxed lyrical about your writing and there is very little I can add. I think it's the best I've ever read and whatever you decide as a follow up I beg you not to opt for anything that diminishes a perfect love story. It's just a pity I can't give you more than a five. Please do continue to write.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great writing but what bothered me was how Trish reacted and then shows up with Matthew. If they were such close friends for so long I think she would have talked to him about it. She would say everything she said when she arrived in Florida but would have said it maybe a day or two later. She probably would have explained it to her friends. So her emotions and his I fully agree with but her reaction is what I think was way off.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Really like this story. The first chapter was good, this chapter was great, it doesn’t feel like a straight romance, I feel like our couple are going to go through some twists, and turns, during this relationship. Thank you, keep up the great work. KS

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPeytonMirabelle@PeytonMirabelle
* * * * * * * * * * Current Update: 13 Apr 24 : My latest offering, Panic in Aisle Five, is available as of today in Romance. Pretty standard stuff for me, but has a sweetness I liked. Coming up Next: Contrary to most times, I have absolutely no idea what my next effort wil...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES