All Comments on 'Red Roses Ch. 04 - Yellow Roses'

by PeytonMirabelle

Sort by:
  • 46 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
SORRY!

All that time and effort and all you managed to produce was another pathetic RAAC story.

FireFox59FireFox59about 3 years ago

Great story. You're a good author and I found this story very easy to read and enjoy. You did a great job of pulling the emotions out and keeping your reader on the edge of their seat. Glad you pulled Trish back before she fell off the cliff. Hope you do some more loving wives stories with this theme. Thanks.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 3 years ago

Well. What a treasure. I'm so glad you ventured into loving wives and got on my radar.

I'm looking forward to reading more of your work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
I liked it

I am giving a 5 because so many stories in this section just suck....this one did not.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

So this is basically a fantasy about worthless pieces of shit inexplicably getting treated like actual worthwhile people.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Mistake

You've written 4 chapters so far. ALL the chapters have been in different categories. Not a good idea. Few will go back and read the previous chapters. Especially the cranky LW readers. Start and end in the same place. Badly done.

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassabout 3 years ago

Don't fly too close to the sun...

or you'll come crashing down. Trish came close, but escaped the fall.

A great story with a moral. Thanks for posting.

IamfirehorseIamfirehorseabout 3 years ago

Ignore most of the LW fans they just want a story where someone strays and gets punished. I have read all of your stories and they are great. This one in particular shows how people can screw up in a marriage and still come back from it. Kudos for you for making such a heart wrenching but good story out of it with emotionally mature characters:) and sexy....

BaggyUKBaggyUKabout 3 years ago
Thank you

For an excellent piece of work and braving the sometimes difficult to please fans of LW. Please don't be put off by them, your storytelling is very good and I know many readers here will enjoy the quality of your writing.

iameaseliameaselabout 3 years ago

Well done.

You captured some legitimate feelings on this one. Much the way so many stories here dont.

And you've done something few writers here ever have and that is this bit

"He bent over me. "Whose pussy is this?"

"Yours, baby. Just yours."

Coming from the husband to his wife, when its usually the "big cocked Alpha male" to the loser cucks wife in front of the wimp. A nice change of pace.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
justin is a wimp

If I was Justin I would have dumped the bitch- she paid more attention to lover boy then him, their relationship didn't pass the husband/wife test as being suitable.

My lovely ex-wife started like this and wound up a slut..go figure.

d119b63d119b63about 3 years ago
Amazing writing, amazing story

Your characters are really involving, and your story is great -- the evolution of the story line makes sense and captures the reader's interest. Many thanks for your artistry.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Well written story...

...5 stars. Thanx....

Loklie

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 3 years ago

If it's not necessary to read the prior stories, then they shouldn't be "chapters."

ohioohioabout 3 years ago
Wonderful story, by a fine writer

This one led me back to the previous three in the series, each very different and each one compelling. You write well, and your characters sound like real people (which is not something one always finds on Lit). The tense situations you create feel realistic, and the reader is completely engaged in them. Thanks so much for your stories! I hope there will be more of them.

Thanks, ohio

TwentysevenTwentysevenabout 3 years ago
Welcome change

Good story and a welcome change from the parade of wives who give in without a fight. The main weak point for me was the suggestion that she felt she had to leave her job because the attraction to Tim was still so strong. She was not a weak woman so I found this implausible. And then you contradict yourself when she rejects him comprehensively for sending roses.

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 3 years ago
Only quibble

My only quibble is that PM did too good a job in making them true soul-mates. Hubby had figured there was a major problem after the first week she was not receptive to sex. He would have had a come-to-Jesus talk with Sweetie and gotten the problem, including Tim’s name, out in the open! Just like Sweetie would have done for Hubby, if a similar problem had raised its head with him! It is tough to have perfect people screw up, and you really can’t have drama where perfection abounds.

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 3 years ago
P.S. to P.M.

Pay attention to the comment by ANON ‘Mistake!’ It looks like PM prefers category hopping. I will not see the next two chapters of the Justin-Patricia saga since this is the main (of only three) LIT categories to which I pay any attention. At least, he is finally Improving on his wordsmithing, given an editor.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
I have read only the first and then this one, the fourth?

The rape story was stupid and thoughtless. Some mentally ill people don't need any encouragement.

This story was much better, more realistic, and honest. Congratulations.

Glad they are OK again, but Trisha has flaws and deficiencies in her character that Justin needs to beware of. Tim was tempting. What happens when the next guy is mesmerizing and intoxicating? What does it say about a person when they have to really really resist and think about the negative consequences to keep from shop lifting, or embezzling from the company? That person is just a thief who hasn't yet found what they think is a fool proof opportunity to steal. An honest person isn't even tempted.

Integrity can be learned and practiced. Let's hope she has, and does.

Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
I don't know about others

But I don't read stories that have no tags . If you decide it is important to you if a certain percentage of your potential audience should read your stories , it's something to keep in mind.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleabout 3 years ago
A very good story.

But marriages are not a one way street, they take two people: a husband and a wife and they both have to work at it.

It isn’t fair to put the blame on the wife alone, this is about a 60/40 split. They both have to shoulder some responsibility .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Mostly OK

This is the first of your stories that I read. I then read the previous 3 chapters of the series. Overall, there is some psychological depth that raises the writing comfortably above average for this site.

There is a tendency to be overly wordy in describing secondary scenes, perhaps an 'amateur' error in confounding detail of descriptions with insight or observational prowess. It's all well-done but does come across as (occasionally) superfluous. A writer has to be their own toughest critic, and cutting out sentences and paragraphs that you have lovingly slaved over might be the most difficult thing that a writer has to do.

It is precisely because of the overall psychological depth and the 'voice' of the characters -- 99.9% of the text -- that a very few images stand out as feeling out of place, as though they were written by someone else. Here are two examples from just the last page of this story:

""...trying to seduce him by dressing like a slut..." and

" ..He bent over me. "Whose pussy is this?"..."

Infrequent, short phrases, and yet they glare at me, feeling out of place. Where do people find their sexual imagery? From a sexually repressed middle America where a woman who enjoys sex is a slut and a whore? Does an image come from an emotional/physical disconnect, with people negotiating the use of body parts as masturbation aides, or from someone with a cuckold kink getting off on a violated "married pussy"?

Might some writers 'borrow' their imagery from other stories, convenient tropes that they think/hope will trigger a desired response in readers?

Something to think about, perhaps?

AngelRiderAngelRiderabout 3 years ago

Well done. A realistic look at emotional affairs handled by mature adults. I liked it a lot.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 3 years ago

The entire story, crossing genre's is one of the most detailed, authentic stories I've ever read on this site. How your story touches the reader is always dependent on their personal perspectives and life experiences. For me, each part contributed to the overall complete story arc. (I would disagree that 2-4 were stand alone.) Just as importantly, you played out a detailed diagram of a complex, loving relationship that almost anyone in a marriage to relate to in part or full. You do a good job of instructing your readers where critical points in this diagram that we can apply in our own lives. Sometimes we need to read a story like this one to reinforce our own marriages and relationships. Thank you for that! 5* [Only potential drawback, and part of it is structure of Literotica, is the cross genre problem almost caused me to miss this amazing work.]

Bebop3Bebop3about 3 years ago

Excellent story. It deserves a higher score than what it's receiving. Nicely done.

CZOFTWCZOFTWabout 3 years ago

I'm so glad you didn't turn this terrific story into a BTB turd.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
phenomenal

This happens to be one of the most realistic as well as idealistic stories I have EVER read on Lit.!

The beauty of it all is the ability to capture the emotion and the feelings of betrayal without placing the partner in a precipitous predicament on what to do with a full on physical affair. I realize emotional affairs can be as deadly, and this story makes that claim splendidly.

I applaud the author for taking the time to write the protagonist as a value based person who places their "self" second to their family - the true position in a MARRIAGE and family (after all that is what life is supposed to be about).

I can gush on but it will be redundant.

WELL DONE!

Smokepole

shopratshopratabout 3 years ago

Very nice work. It seems to me that workplace affairs would really happen about like this. One snake, the other person infatuated, a dash of ego and poor judgement on the part of the infatuee, and tragedy ensues. In this case the damage was repairable but the outline of the repaired spot will always remain, and that's the best (and probably a little unlikely) possible outcome from this kind of situation.

mattenwmattenwabout 3 years ago

Bravo, that was an amazingly well written and told story! It would be nice if I could read something from you on LW more often! Finally real stories without the bullshit of cuckold, cheating or other crap! Thanks for posting!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Excellent and very realistic. This happens in most married couples lives at some point . There will always be tempting men and women. They got lucky that it ended before it went past an emotional to physical affair . Men can’t be trusted especially he was away from home for a long time and obviously would have no problem fucking his married coworker before he went back to ny. It would be his conquests of probably another married woman. Guys get off on taking another mans woman . It’s part of dna and dominance just like animals in the wild . Another male comes into the pack fights the Alfa male for the lead role and access to the females. Watch National Geographic

Texican1830Texican1830about 3 years ago

You did a great job with every story. I both liked and enjoyed your characters. Every woman should have a Jan in her life. The final chapter sounds like a couple dozen of my friends - proximity is underrated as a cause of spouses straying, and you captured that well. Trish is a complicated lady - well crafted.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
"He didn't see it coming."

Perhaps. But then, here we have a story about a topic that we can all recognize. So, what is there "not to see coming"? The world is full of risks and dangers -- natural, human, emotional .. we learn to recognize them and how to avoid them. In this story Trish had a friend who could see the danger from miles away.

And who are the blind people? As often as not, they're the ones who are hiding something behind denial. It's not that they didn't see it coming, it's that they could and did, but that a deeper process induced them to deny or downplay their own perceptions.

After all, not everyone falls into these traps, which begs the question "Who does, and why?"

I don't get the sense that this question is answered for Trish, not at a deeper level. Why the failed communication, for example. I think another comment below noticed this. The couple were almost too ideal, too strongly soul-mates. The backstory (previous chapters) don't quite fit what happened here. A more 'flawed' relationship was needed, giving more room for something to go wrong. You can't just drop characters into any situation, for the sake of exploring a theme. Some characters, after all, would be smart enough to see something coming and avoid the danger.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Almost lost me...

For a while there, I thought what started out as one of my favorite stories on this site had gone off the rails. Almost gave up, but glad I didn't.

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago

Great story. I just got around to reading it and I'm very happy that I did. She came awfully close to losing everything.

Rocket081960Rocket081960almost 3 years ago

I really enjoyed this story line. Unique and well written.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I enjoyed it but two things jump out at me. She had her friend tell her day one that she was making a huge mistake and even offered up her own experience and how she saved her marriage before anything bad even started. Communication. Second thing is she never had the talk with Justin early on. Said she would but how did her being with Tim stop her? She uses Tim for her talks and not her husband? I can see an emotional affair but not when she knew she needed to talk to her husband and not when a god friend warns her and provides a real life example.

I also like how you wrote Justin having trouble with what he saw. Trust is huge and no way can he trust quickly so kudos for having him take time. Every time he has sex he would wonder who she was thinking about, tim or him. I also wonder about long term but you wrote them well. I mean if she could not work in the same company because she doesn't trust herself with Tim? Wow, she is trouble waiting to happen as there are many other handsome young men out there. Justin needs to keep her on a short leash.

Wash2015Wash2015almost 3 years ago

I just found this series and thought it was a fantastic story. Well written and compelling, I look forward to reading your other stories. I love longer stories and multi page multi chapter stories. It really fills out the characters and makes them 3 dimensional people.

I say this because many of the chapter stories I enjoy most will be across multiple categories. Many times I have found a story when it crossed one of the categories I frequent and so if course I will go back and start at the beginning to see the whole story. Real life rarely has the same problem over and over, people (characters) change and grow which lead to new and different problems.

I love swinging stories, group activity, even a good revenge on a cheater. But I am glad that they did not become swingers on their honeymoon, that she did not cross that line with Tim.

Overall this story is romance, people who love each other deeply but living day to day can create huge blind spots and ruts. This story shows that well.

The people most vocal with the complaints sound like they want quick stroke stories or see the world as black and white. Those can be good stories but that isn't this story and to complain so much about what it isn't, completely misses what it is.

StormAWStormAWalmost 3 years ago

I just finished this series, and I'll be honest: I absolutely loved it, especially this story. The past three entries allowed me an investment in the characters that you don't often see in LW stories, and this really did it.

My only, ONLY, criticism is that you fell prey to having a child behave in a manner that was not childlike (Mason questioning his mother about "that man she was touching"). It's something I see far too often in stories on this site, and I wish you hadn't included it. Your first description of their reaction when Justin showed up at the office was perfect: not sure what was happening, but knowing something was wrong.

Otherwise, yeah, fantastic series of stories. Definitely a favorite of mine now.

racfguyracfguyover 2 years ago

Well done! I was glad that you brought Trish back from the precipice before she destroyed everything. I went through something similar about thirty years ago. She was married, I was married and we were going through a rough time. I realized that I would have destroyed both our families, and would lose everything. Fortunately, I came out of the fog, and nothing happened.

Great series.

Five Stars.

Loveangames69Loveangames69over 2 years ago

Good character development and despite a few cliches, also good descriptive phraseology in the series to date. Stories often seem to fit in more than one of the Literotica categories. This one probably could have stayed in the romance category, rather than "loving wives" (a criticism that was also made about my "Superman and the Porn Star" story). My biggest criticism is that Justin's harsh reaction was triggered only by a light touch, and in real life workers on good terms often show affection. Perhaps you should have stayed with them walking in on a kiss and let Trish have at least a slightly more passionate emotional affair, which also happens a lot and may strain but need not skewer a romance. But good work to date.

EquilibriumorEminenceEquilibriumorEminenceover 2 years ago

Great built up with Tim--it felt realistic that someone in a happy marriage could find themselves slowly drawn in to an unwanted sexual relationship while still basically being a good person who is trying to make smart decisions. It's those little lies and deflections more than anything super dramatic.

Wolfden999Wolfden999over 2 years ago

Very enjoyable story. Does not always have to be physical to be an affair that destroys someone.

inka2222inka2222over 2 years ago

I usually hate RAAC stories with a passion (and a "1 star" score). This was the first one ever I liked and gace 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I didn't expect to see a faithful loving wife in the Loving Wives category. It's good to see someone recognize what a loving wife would actually do in that situation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good stuff. Well done. One's perspective is improved by approaching the pit and then backing away...edgig, if you will. One could just feel the first movement of sand at the bottom and the first small cascade as more moved down. Well written. Thank you.

LWlurker

eh9198eh9198over 1 year ago

Really fun story, and you write very well!

But.

It’s SO rare to find a well-written, slow seduction story where the wife falls into an affair. I knew in my gut it wouldn’t happen, but I was still so damn disappointed that she didn’t get into an affair with Tim. Just a personal preference, though.

I hope you consider writing an alternate version of this where it becomes a full blown sexual affair, but I know that’s likely just wishful thinking on my part.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPeytonMirabelle@PeytonMirabelle
730 Followers
* * * * * * * * * * Current Update: 13 Apr 24 : My latest offering, Panic in Aisle Five, is available as of today in Romance. Pretty standard stuff for me, but has a sweetness I liked. Coming up Next: Contrary to most times, I have absolutely no idea what my next effort wil...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES