All Comments on 'Red Roses Ch. 05 - Blue Roses'

by PeytonMirabelle

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
CZOFTWCZOFTWover 2 years ago

Well written but tame. Seems a better fit for romance than BDSM

chastenchastenover 2 years ago

Nice continuation!

AngstIgnoredAngstIgnoredover 2 years ago

I was worried when this installment began with "We need to talk." 'Oh no, not back to the usual LW garbage...' I thought. But, I should have known to be less concerned, but then again, that earlier 'Trish almost but not quite cheating' thing [which really was cheating on their relationship, if in thought rather than deed] really rankled at the time. This 'news' that she's into submission and has been all along wasn't entirely unexpected, but I also don't think it really explains that earlier cheating away, as the shrink tried to explain it away while discussing it ten years after the fact with Justin. That doesn't ring true as ample explanation and that episode was Trish's darkest, weakest moment in the entire tale. I'm okay with flawed characters, which is why you decide to repeatedly tell us that Trish still looks twenty years younger than her real age, or her breasts are just as they were before she breastfed two children a number of years in the past. That just isn't how it really works, ever, but I suppose you thought it would make her seem more desirable. A married man that truly loves his wife doesn't need magic to ignore time for him to remain in love and lust with her over the years. Finally, there is one little irksome question still lingering in my mind, from right near the very end of this installment. You wrote [...But he's a switch." I knew what she meant. Trish and I had discussed the possibility but we'd decided to cement our roles where we were both comfortable.] I immediately felt that possibility, that Justin might be a switch, rank completely false because of his personality, making me wonder why you wrote it that way and if maybe you were about to throw us on another unexpected lurch with characters not living up to themselves. Then, a short while later, he says [It's not in my blood, Carter. You would understand that if you were really the dom you think you are.] Which, seems exactly like what Justin's first response would have probably been if he was a real person and not a story character, based upon his personality. I'm just wondering what those two snippets were really intended to convey to the reader, if you have the time and willingness to answer. That said, you managed to put a bow on a long, unique and very interesting tale. As far as I know, there's really nothing like this story on Literotica, or anywhere else. For a site that's running over with carbon copies and outright plagiarized stores filled with tired tropes, you're a bright ray of sunshine and novelty. This chapter, and the entire tale, rates a very deserved 5*'s, far an away a more interesting and enthralling tale than any other I have read here.

PeytonMirabellePeytonMirabelleover 2 years agoAuthor

@AngstIgnored I appreciate your detailed feedback. Regarding the point about Trish's body not changing, I guess I didn't convey it properly. I think a lot of men while they intellectually know their wife's body ages (don't we all?) that when they are very in love that they overlook imperfections. I was trying to imply that he was still seeing the woman he fell in love with. If I didn't get it right, good to know for future writing. And regarding the point about them discussing switching, I only meant that it had come up as they thoroughly discussed getting into their lifestyles and they had discarded it as a possibility, not that they seriously considered it. I probably should have just said that. Again, good to know that wasn't clear, for my next project. Thank you again for reading and the other kind words.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow. Love the intelligent introspection on Justin's part. I read only this chapter so far. Trying to meet his wife's need while keeping a loving, consensual relationship was very fulfilling to read. The only thing I did not "feel" was why he felt the need to go "full dom" after it was in the bedroom -- when he first punished her. He said it is give and take, and his wife might have even gotten what she wanted, but it seemed that HE craved being dominant: go full in or go back to six months ago with nothing, as he said. Fine, but why? He did not show urge to be a dom before, would going back to zero really satisfy him? Where did his desire to ratchet it up come from? Understanding why he got that itch would have made the story better. Just got a taste and wanted more? Or what? That aside, the discussion and communication between them to create a loving D/s relationship was spectacular. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
It’s been fun

I’ve loved this, it feels like you have taken us on a journey rather than telling us a story It has been so enjoyable to watch Justin, and Trish’s life evolve. I know this arc is coming to an end, but I must admit, I’m going to be a little sad to see it come to a close.

Great work, thank you for you effort. KS

RarRodrigRarRodrigover 2 years ago

Thank you for the time and energy you've spent with the Red Rose series. Keep up the good work 👍

EquilibriumorEminenceEquilibriumorEminenceover 2 years ago

I really loved your Roses series; I think you created a lovely dynamic between two characters, fleshed both of them out, and gave us a complicated, long-term relationship that felt generally realistic (if a little ideal--which is why these are fantasies!). I am really impressed that you covered a lot of different themes and brought in realistic touches like wanting therapy even when things are going pretty good. I also think you did a great job of "showing" how people work through things like consensual non-consent, boundaries, emotional affairs, and negotiations in a way that felt both smart and sexy.

I'm not sure if this final chapter lives up to the other four though. I think it is realistic that Trish would eventually push for a more formalized BDSM arrangement and I really sympathize with Justin wanting be either be a dom or not, but not wanting to just play at it. I guess my criticism would be that they seem to go from sexual submission to 24/7 really quickly; it felt really fast for Justin particularly. It made sense to go from dissatisfaction about the unbalanced sexual dynamic to wanting a more clearly dominant role (respect, deference, punishments, etc.), but that he immediately went to "I make all the minor decisions and order dinner for you and ask you to wear sexually explicit jewelry to work events" just seemed like a little fast. (It also seemed super crazy that Justin would decide on a day when he expected his kids to come back to have his wife/their mother naked in the living room and not have that be something they have to work through instead of just an amusing story.)

I also wasn't a huge fan of adding a "villain" to this chapter, especially one that is the only representation of the BDSM community. First, I think it would have made a more sense to maybe have them join the BDSM community instead of creating villains from the community (which would explain how they move from sexual play to a life style and which would be keeping with some of the themes in previous chapters, particularly balancing the voyeur/exhibitionist interests with the fears of adultery, etc.). Second, it felt a little uncomfortable to contrast the "good dominant male" against the "bad dominant female" who is not just a bad dom, but both professionally unethical and personally not aging as well as only-working-part-time-but-still-wealthy-Trish who can hit the gym with the same intensity that she did when she was 20. In all the other chapters, the characters found a certain amount of support from people around them, from strangers on their honeymoon to friends pushing them to keep their emotions real and their communications open.

Sorry to be so critical. I actually didn't write a comment when I finished the story because I generally only comment when I have something nice to say, but ended up thinking about it a lot since I really, really loved so much of the story. I know you said that BDSM wasn't really something you wrote a lot about and I think you overall did a great job. I wouldn't take the time to leave a criticism if I didn't think your work was exceptional and that you seem like a really thoughtful person who would take my words in the spirit in which I intend them.

inka2222inka2222over 2 years ago

OMG this is the best BDSM story I read in... well, maybe not forever but a long time. Amazing work!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I don't know if you planned the entire story line from the first chapter or not but damn this has been an amazing character development. This has to be one of the best series in this site.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPeytonMirabelle@PeytonMirabelle
* * * * * * * * * * Current Update: 13 Apr 24 : My latest offering, Panic in Aisle Five, is available as of today in Romance. Pretty standard stuff for me, but has a sweetness I liked. Coming up Next: Contrary to most times, I have absolutely no idea what my next effort wil...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES