Red Squad Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

9:00am, Tuesday, October 29th. The Press was massing in a near frenzy in the atrium of City Hall after the Sheriff and Police Chief had notified them of a Press Conference about to happen.

"Any idea what this is about?" KSB political reporter Bill Hacosta asked as he came up to the group.

"No." said KXTC political reporter Lester Holder. "They just called it. Gave us less than twenty minutes notice."

"What did you hear, Keith?" KFXU political reporter Priya Ajmani asked Keith Madden of the Town & County Examiner, partly to include Madden despite Penis Holder's attempt to keep Madden out of the conversation and isolated.

"I heard it has something to do with the Budget." replied Madden. "Oh, here they come."

Entering the Atrium were Sheriff Griswold, Chief of Staff Oswald, Chief Moynahan, and Deputy Chief Ross. It was Cindy who stepped up to the microphone as the reporters went into 'Breaking News' mode on their network.

"Thank you for coming." Cindy said, to get the reporters settled in and ready to listen to her. "As you know, the Town & County Assembly released its Budget proposal for next year. One item in the Budget, which was also recorded in the Assembly Minutes of their last meeting, was to remove ten million dollars from the Police budget."

Cindy: "Assemblywoman Coretta K. Scott made the motion to have the money removed, citing a grant to the Police from an anonymous benefactor known only as 'R.C. Christian' of ten million dollars. She stated that the shortfall could be covered by a anonymous grant to the Police Department."

Cindy: "When I gave my Budget presentation to the Assembly, Assemblywoman Scott asked if that money could be diverted to other things. I told her in front of witnesses, in front of everyone, that in accepting that grant money, we entered into a binding contract that it would be used only for the TCPD's new Intelligence Branch."

Cindy: "We cannot spend that money on anything else, and we've already spent most of it on the new Intel branch. However, Assemblywoman Scott has chosen to ignore contract law, and wants to strip the Police Department budget of ten million dollars. She wants to do this even though she knows that we cannot replace that money from any other source."

Cindy: "I personally believe that Assemblywoman Scott doing this on purpose, and with the full intent to defund the Police. She stated it; it's in the Assembly Minutes. Her actions, if allowed to be passed, would harm the Police, and would therefore harm the People of the Town & County by harming the Police Force's ability to serve and protect our Citizens and making our Citizens less safe.

Cindy then threw the hand grenade, so to speak: "I have to say that I've never seen an example of a Democrat politician wanting to cut a budget just to save money, so let's not pretend that's Assemblywoman Scott's motive. I also have to wonder where that cut money is being directed to. That's something that honest journalists would want to find about. So go out and do your jobs. I'll be taking no questions."

She then left the podium and walked out of the Atrium back into City Hall, followed by the entourage she came in with, ignoring the questions that frenzied reporters were shouting at her. They were blocked by Deputies from following her through the doors.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

*BRING!* *BRING!* *BRING!* *BRING!*

As Cindy was finishing her Press Conference, It was my Police iPhone. "Commander Troy." I answered.

"Hi Don, it's Curly Goodwin." said SBI Director James 'Curly' Goodwin.

"You know," I said, "I was just about to call you. But you first: how can I help you?"

"I'm driving up to your Town now." said Goodwin. "Ted Orosco wanted to talk to me about something, and I thought I'd call you and see if you know what it's about?"

"I think I might," I said, "and it's probably a good idea if I don't say anything until after you've talked to him. But once you're done, why don't you and I have lunch, and discuss some other things?..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I saw Cindy come into her office. I got up and went to the door of my office, made eye contact with Lauren Wilcox, Cindy's assistant, to let her know I was going into her boss's office. I did have the courtesy to knock on Cindy's open door, and she had me come in.

"Nice presser." I said as I came in and closed the door. "But why didn't you take questions?"

"I was going to," Cindy replied, as she had me sit down, "but the vibe wasn't right. That's why I hit the Press with that line about doing their jobs. I had the sense that Lester Holder wanted to hijack my message by asking about this 'Red Squad' business." Then she realized she'd said too much, especially when she saw my peering eyes.

"Who told you about that?" I asked quietly.

"The Sheriff." Cindy replied. "While we were waiting for the Press Conference. He started talking to the Chief about it, and he'd forgotten I didn't hear the news report during the coffee klatch. So he filled me in on the details. So let me ask you what you think about it."

I said "Did the Sheriff tell you about the Blood Order?"

"No, but I knew about it already." Cindy said. "I won't tell you from where."

"You don't have to." I said. "But since you know... I have two overriding concerns about all this. First, that the Press will get a hold of the Blood Order story, and report on it in the most negative terms possible, perhaps with dishonest insinuations. And second, also related to the Media: the timing of this is more than a little interesting... right as we're having an Inspector General special election and a Budget battle on an unexpectedly short notice."

Cindy said "Not a coincidence, huh?"

I said "It can't be. The Blood Order has been around for years, even before the merger. And we've had rogue groups in the past... Black Badge, Patrolman Bryce, Sergeant McCombs, etc. Yet no mention by the Press nor anyone else until... now."

"They've sure acted fast." Cindy said. I peered at her, then shook my head.

"No." I said. "There's something most people don't see and don't figure out about the Swamp Frogs, but it's important to understand. They are always ahead of the Game.. Everything we see them do was planned months in advance, maybe years in advance. Or more accurately... contingencies."

"For example, the Nextdoor County High School shooting, when Molly was shot." I said. (Author's note: 'Schools and the Second'.) "While I do think that attack was like 'Sandy Hook', and was planned in advance, even if it had not been, the Swamp was ready to react to it. They had groups of people ready to go, to infiltrate, to gin up protests and demands to strip law-abiding citizens of their arms and their Second Amendment rights. And they had the Press in their pocket, happily chanting their narrative right on cue."

I continued: "Those riots ginned up over the Kendra Luskin case." (Author's note: 'Falsely Accused'.) "There were a few agitators that planned the violence in advance, and got the rest of the participants, the 'useful idiots' to go along."

I continued: "There was an incident in Atlanta, where a black man was shot after fighting with Police, and subsequent demonstrations by Blacks. The demonstrations were largely peaceful, and meant to be peaceful... but again, the 'Antifa' people were ready, and infiltrated the demonstrations and began using violence. Someone posted a video showing a white man driving around in car, and telling black people at the demonstrations 'Hey, I've got some bricks here. Want some to throw through some windows?' The blacks told him to get lost; they had no desire to join the violence, but the point is that people were agitating the violence."

(Author's note: That incident in Atlanta really did happen.)

I continued: "And of course, in the Ferguson riots, agitators were caught on camera being paid to set buildings on fire. And the Press was shown to be following the agitators from building to building that hey, presto! caught on fire right as the Press arrived to film it."

"My point," I said, "is that the original incidents may not have been staged or planned, but the Enemies of the Constitution ceaselessly plan and prepare to never let a crisis go to waste, and to be ready to make things worse by introducing violence and chaos... but most importantly, they're always planning in advance."

"And you see that here." Cindy said.

"I'm starting to." I replied. "Someone is getting ahead of the Game by leaking word about rogue Police cells to their sycophants in the Press. My first instinctive thought, which is the right one most the time, is that they were exposing this to get Finneran elected Inspector General."

I went on: "But then this Assemblywoman, who has admitted being a hater of the Police, took advantage of that generous anonymous gift, and wants to use it as an excuse to defund the Police. So now, I think whatever is going on is bigger than just Finneran. There's something else going on here, and we need to be most very careful in our words and deeds."

Cindy nodded. "We'll know soon, from the Press backlash to what I said, to what the Assembly does."

"And the Council, too." I replied. "They have to approve what the Assembly does with the Budget. Usually it's a rubber-stamp, but this time... there may be problems... there may be problems..."

"And you know this because your daughter and a Councilman's daughter are members of the Justice League of America?" Cindy asked.

I just smiled, then said "Have you seen the new Intelligence Center yet?" Cindy said she had not, so I led her down the hall, and used my ID to open the door.

"Pardonnez-nous, s'il vous plait." I said, seeing the Sheriff and Chief looking over the room with Captain Perlman and Lt. Mahoney-Milton. "I was just going to show Commander Ross the new digs."

"Wowwww." Cindy said, awed by the sight. I told her to join the tour with the others, and I made a quiet but hasty retreat.

Part 13 - Lasagna and LGBTQ

"I have always avoided the Luigi's Restaurants in Midtown and Westphalia." said SBI Director James 'Curly' Goodwin as we sat down in the back room of the Town & County Luigi's, whose window gave a nice view of the River. "I've always feared the Press would accuse me of associating with known Mobsters if I ate there."

It was 11:35am, Tuesday, October 29th, and we were alone in the back room, in which I'd procured a reservation for a table earlier that day. I said "Well, the Press can say what they want about me... and they do anyway. The food is just too good to pass up. And Jimmy Cerone was the Boss of Bosses in Southport, but then destroyed his good reputation by becoming a politician." Goodwin chuckled.

After ordering the lasagna and getting our salads and bread sticks, I said "How did the meeting with Orosco go?"

"Good... I think." said Goodwin. "But before I tell you what went on... what are we going to tell anyone who asks about this meeting?'

"That we're in league with Cerone, and are going to ask for more money from him." I joked. Seeing the edge of fear on Goodwin's face, I said "I'm joking, of course. We'll say we're discussing SBI business."

"Which won't be a lie." said Goodwin. "There's something about that I want to discuss with you, but let's talk Orosco first. There were two things he wanted to know from me: did I know about any rogue activities and any so-called 'Red Squads' within the Police; and how much of anything did I tell you when I was in I.A."

Goodwin: "He brought up the Blood Order within the Orange Order. I told him I knew it existed, that it's in 'The Book', and that there are Firefighters in the Blood Order, too, from their Order of Distinction group. And I told him that we monitored potentially rogue cops all the time, but I'd never heard of a 'Red Squad' group. Last but not least, I told him I'd kept you informed of our activities, where warranted, but I never had a reason to discuss the Blood Order with you, as you were in it already, and I never had any issues with it."

I nodded. "I originally was going to call you to ask about how things work in I.A., things I wouldn't normally know about, and also about Efram Elliot."

"You didn't even ask about 'The Book', so you must know about it." Goodwin said astutely. "The main things that I.A. keeps to itself are its our files on every Officer, and its methods of investigations. And the files will come into public light if we have to take an Officer to trial for anything. The Union is always trying to get at them, and work with defense lawyers to get as much information as they possibly can, even beyond the scope of the case at hand."

I nodded, thinking of a particular lawyer that would love to get information on the Police to do us harm: Gwen Munson.

Our casserole of lasagna came, and to say it was 'delicious' was an understatement "Wow." said Goodwin. "I had no idea it was this good."

"Now you know why I risk major scandals in the Press to eat here." I said.

Some minutes later, after consuming the delicious dish, I said "So... Efram Elliot."

Goodwin said "Elliot was more than just in I.A.; he was I.A. back in the days before the Merger, and when Malone was using the Police as his personal enforcement tool. Elliot retired not long after the Merger, but before you came to the TCPD. I didn't know him that well. And, to be honest, I didn't like him all that much. His methods and mine aren't the same, and we wouldn't have worked well together."

"How so?" I asked.

"I would imagine if a modern-day J. Edgar Hoover existed today, it'd be Efram Elliot." Goodwin replied. "He carved out his niche, used his information to protect himself, and did his time in the Town Police and has his pension. Still goes to Orange Order dinners, though."

I nodded, then changed tack: "So what SBI issues did you want to discuss?"

"I'll just ask it right out." said Goodwin, looking hard at me. "Is my job in danger?"

"Not that I'm aware of." I said. "Why? Do you think it is?"

"I heard that FBI Special Agent In Charge Jack Muscone was being considered for the job." said Goodwin. "And that I would be removed to clear the way for him."

"Who told you that lie?" I asked, then said "Seriously, I happen to have heard from the horse's mouth that he wants to stay with the FBI."

Goodwin said "I heard that the Sheriff talked with his very close friend the Governor about it."

I nodded. "I'm not privy to what they discussed. I would think that if the Governor wanted you out, he'd let you know... or he'd find you an even better landing spot. And to that point... if you did leave the SBI, where would you want to go?"

"I'm not sure." said Goodwin. "I was approached by people connected to the Governor to gauge my interest in running for State Attorney General, as Karl Handel is almost a certainly to run for Governor. But I've never been one for politics. I always liked being a Police Officer, and would probably return to Law Enforcement in some way. And I have been thinking about it... if anyone but Sharon Marshal wins the Governorship, I really fear for what will happen to the SBI."

As we finished up, Goodwin said "I'll tell you one more thing, Don. Something is in the works. I don't know if this I.A. and 'Red Squad' business is part of it, and it seems to be all over the State, not just here. I don't know what it is, but the scuttlebutt is that it's in the works for next year, when the Legislature convenes. It may be an attempt to impeach and remove Governor Jared, though he'll be in his last year of office."

"Legislators plotting our Governor's ouster?" I asked.

"Maybe." said Goodwin. "But from what I'm hearing, it's the Media that's behind the curtains, pulling the strings on it..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Meanwhile...

Coretta K. Scott entered the lobby of Police Headquarters. With her was her assistant, a young black male that looked like an accountant, and two 'security' persons, older burly black mean whose suits did not fit them very well. Also with them were KXTC political reporter Lester 'Penis' Holder and a cameraman, who was already videotaping everything.

Scott stepped up to the Duty Desk window and said "I want to see the Chief of Police. Right now."

"He's not here right now." said the Duty Desk Sergeant, who was wearing an armored vest over his Police uniform, as was the Duty Desk Patrol Officer. "You can leave a message or come back later."

"I'm coming in there to see for myself." said Scott haughtily. "Open that door"

"You're not permitted inside here." said the Duty Desk Sergeant. "And your armed security is absolutely not allowed past the door, even if you were to be."

The security men drew their handguns and pointed them at the Duty Desk. One of them said "You heard Assemblywoman Scott. Now you open that goddamned door right now!..."

To be continued.