All Comments on 'Reflections of a Love Slave Ch. 04'

by simply_cyn

Sort by:
  • 1 Comment
AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
One possible answer

Though frequently bittersweet in it's outcome, the search for a man, a master, that fits a sub's desires is inevitable. You're searching for a specialized type of lover to make your life complete.

You ask: "What is it about us that screams for heartless bastards to come and trample over our hearts as if they did not bleed the same thing that pulses through their own thick skins?"

The very fact that you're searching through that specialized lifestyle for a dominant is the answer. A dominant, a master type, isn't a lover, he's a user. Usually he (or she) is an almost completely selfish personality who has his (or her) choice of subs and isn't going to care about any particular sub longer than it takes to use her (or him) for their own satisfaction. The typical Master leads a predator's lifestyle, and subs are their prey.

Another problem for you is that the sub makes no demands for a lifelong relationship. How can she (or he)? The very essence of a sub is a willingness to submit, which means they cannot set conditions or requirements on their masters. There's no permnant bond between master and sub, no marriage vows that touch the heart, except when that special combination of love and desires mesh, and that happens only occassionally. Most master/slave relationships are about power and the master's satisfaction, not about love or caring other than enough to keep a sub coming back for more.

A master holds the balance of power since the sub only has the choice to leave, and few have the courage to do so unless they're so badly treated that the idea of a life alone is actually preferable to staying and absorbing the abuse. Think of the abused wife profile, it's quite similar to a sub's situation.

A master, on the other hand, has minimal obligations to his or her sub, and is free to add new subs, pick and choose who wears his or her collar, and dismiss a sub at any time for any reason, of which simple boredom with a sub is probably the most common.

In essence, in searching for a loving master amid the horde of users and abusers means it's only by chance that you'll actually meet a master that fits your desired qualities. The real masters, the ones that are able to develop a loving relationship are few and far between.

My thinking anyway,

Kydreamer

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous