Regaining My Life Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The young woman confidently walked up and extended her hand, "Hi Professor. My name's Violet. I've blocked out the day all the way to two o'clock to work with you."

I looked into her eyes and continued shaking her hand, "That is so thoughtful of you."

I finally released her hand, but maintained eye contact. Her hazel eyes were enthralling.

I continued, "I'm not sure where to begin. Did the folks from my library talk to you about what I am looking for?"

"Well, sort of. Why don't we go to one of our conference rooms and you can make sure I have the correct information."

"Sounds great. I'll follow you."

I fell in beside her as she led me to a glass enclosed space with a large conference table off the main reading room. She pointed to the table, so I took a seat on the end and she took the chair to my immediate left. She turned the chair so that she faced me.

Violet placed her note pad on the table and took up her pen, "So Professor, please tell me what you're looking to research."

"Since you're not one of my students, please call me Quinn."

"OK, Quinn."

I will not bore the reader with the long explanation I provided Violet, but she didn't seem to be bored at all. She took a lot of notes and asked very pertinent questions. She made a lot of eye contact. A couple of times I slipped a bad dad joke in and she very politely laughed at my silliness. She also started touching my arm every once in a while. I thought that there was a possibility that she was flirting with me, but there was a significant age difference. No way was I going to hit on her. She was younger than my daughter. More likely, I could be her grandfather.

After about an hour, Violet offered, "Well, I think I have an idea on where to get you started. We have a lot of materials that I think will help you. I think we need to set you up with your own research room."

Violet led me over to the reference desk and had me fill out some forms. Then I was given a key to room 202. She showed me where it was then we got down to hunting reference materials. I followed her around the library as she would search, then find what she was looking for, and hand it to me. I made several trips back and forth to my room.

I came back from one trip to find her repositioning a ladder, "The book you need is a little higher. Can you steady the ladder for me?"

"Sure. I can get it if you want."

"No. I wouldn't think of it. This ladder doesn't meet OSHA standards. It's supposed to have locking wheels, but this one is broken. You will need to hold it very steady for me so I don't fall."

I stood on the side of the ladder and Violet started climbing until her butt was at my face level.

She looked down at me, "Can you position yourself so that you are holding both rails? That's it"

My arms grazed her stockinged legs as she climbed higher. I started to look up and realized I could look right up her skirt. I quickly looked down, not wanting to be the dirty old man.

She must have retrieved the book, "Quinn, can you take this?"

I put my hand up without looking and I brushed her thigh. "Professor, you are going to have to look up to get this book from me."

When I looked up I had a nice view of her legs. I took the book, then looked down again.

Violet started coming down again. When her butt was at face level again, I moved out of the way. I must have been blushing a little.

Violet apologized, "I sorry I embarrassed you."

"No. You're fine. I didn't think it was a good idea to take advantage of the situation and play the dirty old man."

We started walking back to room 202.

She asked, "Why would you be taking advantage of the situation?"

"Violet, in case you haven't noticed, I'm not exactly a young man. On campus, I make it a point to not look at the co-eds. Many times I have been going up a set of stairs and a young lady ahead of me is wearing some very revealing clothing, not that your skirt is at all revealing. I always make a point of looking at the floor so no one will think I'm taking advantage of the view. I can just imagine the conversations. 'Don't walk in front of Dr. McMullen on the stairs, he'll look right up your dress'."

"Actually, that is very gentlemanly. Is that a word? I don't know too many guys who wouldn't look."

Violet looked at her watch, "It is nearly noon. As an employee, I get to eat in the cafeteria for free. Your lunch will be very reasonable. Want to join me?"

"Sure. I didn't even think about lunch, and come to think of it, I'm starving."

We walked out a side door and started across campus.

I observed, "You're really good at what you do. Did you study library science?"

"Oh, no. I just graduated last year with a degree in English and Secondary Education. I was thinking I would like to teach high school, but two summers ago I landed an internship here at the library and I found I love it. My supervisor, Ellen, you met her, said she would provide a reference and help me get into the graduate program here once I have two years' experience. So a year from now I'll start."

"That's exciting. I love it when people find something they really love and actually get to do it."

"Do you love being a professor?"

"I do. We're a small school and I really get to know my students. It's fun to watch them grow during their time in college."

"You sound like one of my English professors, Dr. Parker. She was so wonderful."

We entered the caferia, selected our lunch items, and I paid for mine. She directed me to the outdoor eating area. It was a very pleasant afternoon. Violet seemed like a very quiet, reserved person.

I hoped to draw her out though, "So, what does Violet do for fun?"

"Well, my hours here stink so I don't have a lot of time for fun. I have to work weekends. I am the junior staff member after all. I do get Wednesdays and Thursdays off. I like to exercise. I love biking and running."

"Where do you see yourself in five, ten years?"

"These sound like interview questions."

"I suppose, but they're good questions to get to know someone."

"Where do I see myself ..." Violet thought for a moment, "Hopefully, I have a nice job working at a library like this one. Hopefully, I'll find a nice guy. That's a lot of hopefullys. Someday I hope to be married and have a family. That's a long time off though. How about you Professor?"

"In five years?"

"Yeah."

"Well, to be completely honest, I haven't thought that far into the future."

"Really?"

"Really. My wife died two years ago and I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to do with my life."

"Family?"

"I have two kids, both married and three grandkids. Unfortunately, they are on the other side of the country."

"Have you started looking for someone?"

"Not seriously. I have a couple of female friends, but ..."

"I get it."

We finished our lunch and took the trays to the scullery. Then started walking back to the library.

Violet turned the tables, "Since you asked me, I'll ask you. What do you fun?"

Well, I have a friend with benefits arrangement, I thought, although I kept that inappropriate response to myself.

"I putter around my house fixing this and that. Some friends have taken me hiking and it didn't kill me, so that's a good thing. I have a friend who is a runner and I ride my bike alongside and carry water bottles for her."

"That's thoughtful. Are you serious with her?"

"I wouldn't call it serious. She is a dear friend and we've known each other for year. She's been watching out for me for the past couple of years."

We got to the library and headed to my research room.

I remarked, "Violet, I think I have everything I need at the moment."

"I don't mind Professor."

"You need to call me Quinn."

"OK, Quinn. There's one line of inquiry that I want to explore for you. I'll tell Ellen what I'm doing. It's not a big deal."

"Thank you. I really appreciate it."

"You're welcome. You're a nice man and I like helping you."

She went off and I settled in the room. The volume of material she had dug up was daunting. I started going through each book she had found, taking notes, and scribbling down ideas. About twenty minutes later, Violet came in with four more books, took a seat at the table, and started reading. She was taking a lot of notes for me as well. We worked until 4:30 PM or so.

I realized how tired I was, "I should probably be heading home. I have about an hour's drive."

"That's fine Professor, I mean Quinn. Ellen said I can work here until I have to take over the desk at five."

"That's a long day."

"I work until seven, but I'll get overtime."

"I was thinking I'd like to do something to thank you. Could I come back down here on Wednesday and take you to a nice dinner. I wouldn't be a date. Think of it as your grandfather taking you out."

Violet thought for a moment, "I would like that. Here's how to get a hold of me."

She wrote down her address and phone number.

I said, "I have class until 4:30. How about if I picked you up around 6:30?

"That would be great."

"Any preferences on restaurants?"

"Let me think about it. This is a college town and we have a lot of good ones."

_ _ _ _ _

Saturday was overcast with a threat of rain. I hoped Anders and his partner Geoffrey had contingency plans. The wedding ceremony and reception were scheduled to start at 4, I planned on picking up Zoë at 3:15. I wore a white dress shirt with a little blue pinstripe in it with a matching tie. White pleated Dockers, penny loafers, and a blue sports coat completed my ensemble.

I walked up to Zoë's front door and rang the bell. Jackie (although I had to remember that Chris wanted us to call him Johnny) opened it. He had a tiny, sweet voice, "Want to play with me? I have my trucks."

"Johnny, I would love to play with you, but I have to take Zoë to the wedding."

"She has a pretty dress. Mommy is sad. Daddy's not being nice."

"I'm sorry. Can you take me to Mommy and Zoë?"

Johnny grabbed my finger and led me to the living room. "Here's Mommy. Where's Zoë?"

Chris said, "She'll be down in a moment."

I came in smiling, "Hi Mommy. Johnny, I would love to see your trucks. Can you show them to me?"

"OK." He ran off to get them.

Chris looked at me longingly, "You've got the grandfather stuff down cold."

"Seven years of practice. How are you doing?"

Chris said, "Mommy's hanging on by her fingertips."

"Don't take this wrong, but you look like hell."

She smiled and with a touch of sarcasm said, "I love you too, Quinn."

"How did your visit with the counselor go?"

"She's great. It really helped. I've got a standing appointment for Thursday afternoons. Amy, my lawyer has hired a private investigator to find out..." She looked for Johnny. "...how old the C-U-N-T is."

"That would ruin his life. Felon. Sex offender."

"Right?"

Zoë appeared in the doorway, "Hey."

Chris observed, "Isn't she beautiful?"

Zoë blushed.

I imitated Billy Crystal, "You look marvelous."

Johnny arrived with two toy trucks. He held them up to me, "See."

I sat down in an arm chair so I would be more at his level. "What kind of truck is this?"

"Friar truck."

"Oh, it is has a fire hose for the firefighters." Johnny nodded vigorously. "And what kind of truck is this?"

"Dump truck. It goes like this." He showed me how the dumping mechanism worked.

I pulled a couple of coins from my pocket, "Here, let's see how this works."

I put the truck on the ground and dropped the coins in the truck bed.

Johnny dumped them onto the floor, then put them back and dumped them again. "See Mommy."

"I see. Quinn is pretty good at this, but I think we need to let Zoë and Quinn go to the wedding now."

Johnny exclaimed, "I wish I could go! I can dance." He stood and wiggled his butt.

We all laughed. I said, "Yes, you can."

I stood up and Chris came over and hugged me, "Thanks for everything. I don't know how I will ever repay you two."

I kissed the top of her head, "Friendship doesn't have debits and credits. We do these things simply because we love you."

Tears welled up in Chris' eyes, "Now you're going to make me cry. Off you two go. Have a nice time."

Zoë came over and hugged Chris.

I got down on one knee, "So Johnny, shake?"

He came over and shook my hand quite vigorously, "Mommy says you're a good guy."

I asked, "Do you think I'm a good guy?"

Johnny nodded.

I smiled, "I think you are a good guy too."

He laughed, "We're both good guys."

I stood and extended my elbow to Zoë, "Off we go."

_ _ _ _ _

The wedding ceremony was a simple affair. Anders and Geoffrey (he pronounced it JOFF-ree) wore tuxes, but there wasn't a wedding party, just a presiding official. There were about seventy people there including both grooms' parents. After the ceremony there was a receiving line to enter the reception.

Zoë wanted to be at the end of the line, so we waited for everyone to congratulate the happy couple. When our turn came, Zoë wrapped her arms around Anders' neck.

Joyful tears were flowing as she told him, "I am so happy for you."

Geoffrey said, "Zoë, my love, you look simply ravishing. Quinn you must ravish her and ravish her."

I just smiled wondering whether he knew what the word meant.

Anders said, "Didn't I tell you that dress was perfect for you. The color is perfect for your skin and hair."

Geoffrey said, "And her eyes."

Zoë gave Geoffrey a hug. I shook Anders hand and he pulled me into a hug.

He said quietly, "I was chatting with her the other day. Thank you for being her friend. I love that you two are together like you are."

I said, "The pleasure is all mine."

He smiled, "I know. It's really good for her."

I shook Geoffrey's hand, "Congrats. You have a terrific husband."

"Don't I know it?"

Zoë and I went into the reception and saw a faculty colleague at a table with her husband. There were open chairs and I pointed Zoë in that direction.

As we approached, I said, "Suzette, do you mind if we join you?"

Her husband stood to greet us.

Suzette grinned, "I'd love it. No shop talk though."

Zoë nodded, "Fine with me."

"This is my husband Garrett. My colleagues Zoë and Quinn."

I shook his hand, "Pleased to meet you."

Suzette gave us each a hug, "Before the pandemic I was never much of a hugger. Now I want to hug everyone."

Zoë laughed, "Right? Me too."

We sat and exchanged small talk. After several minutes, Anders took a microphone from the DJ and thanked us all for being there. We were directed to a buffet line, but we waited for the line to shrink before queuing up. Once we got to the food, I had a slice of prime rib. Zoë went for fettucine Alfredo. Once again, she didn't eat much. There were the obligatory champagne toasts, and then the music started. I didn't recognize the song, but Zoë pulled me out on the floor. She danced up a storm and I felt most of the guests' eyes were on her. After two songs, I begged off being old and tired. Zoë grabbed Suzette and I got to watch.

Zoë never stopped moving and her body flowed gracefully to the music. Her legs, hips, and arms keeping perfect time while at the same time being subtly enticing.

Garrett leaned over, "So are you two dating?"

"Just for today. Zoë needed a date and I gladly said 'yes'."

"Well, I think you are a lucky man."

"I think so."

The song ended and a slow song came on. Zoë ran over to me, grabbed my hands, and pulled me onto the dance floor.

She placed her hands behind my neck and I put mine on her the small of her nude back.

I whispered into her ear, "You are a wild woman."

"I love dancing," she looked lovingly into my eyes, "Thank you so much for coming with me. This is so much fun."

"You're welcome. You are enchanting most of the men here. You dance beautifully."

She was smiling ear-to-ear, "Am I enchanting to you?"

"Most definitely. Dancing like this with you is getting me hard."

"Then I guess your trick works."

"Which trick is that?"

She whispered in my ear, "Pussy perfume."

"Ah. But I have to say my dear that you would still have that effect on me with or without pheromones. Your body moves so gracefully."

She smiled and swayed to the music.

The song ended and Anders approached us. He held out his hand to Zoë, "My dearest friend, may I have this next dance?"

James Taylor's version of 'You've Got a Friend' started. Zoë took Anders' hand and I headed for my seat. I was headed off by Nina, an administrator who worked with Anders. My grandmother would have described her as having an 'ample bosom'. I think a more common term is a big, beautiful woman. Her dress revealed a lot of cleavage, her neckline plunging nearly as far as Zoë's. I could see large nipples pointing downward through the fabric of her blouse. She immediately placed her hands behind my neck.

"Queen, you must dance with me." She had some kind of Eastern European accent.

Before I could say anything she started swaying to the music. I placed my hands on her hips, trying to maintain some distance between us. It didn't work as she thrust her hips forward.

Nina looked at me lustfully, "You and Zoë make a very nice couple, but I am surprised a little thing like that can satisfy a man like you."

"Pardon?"

"Oh Queen, you know what I mean. A man like you must split her in two. You need a big woman like me to satisfy you."

"And what would your husband say?"

"He would sit in the closet and wank his tiny dick. You could play with my tits. You like my tits? They have huge nipples just for you. Can you see them? You could pinch them right now. You could suck on my nipples. You could fuck my tits."

She pronounced it 'fook'.

She continued, "You could fuck all my holes: my mouth, my cunt, my arse. You shoot your cum on my face and then we could do it all over again. Think about putting your huge, hard cock in my mouth. I could take you all the way. Think about putting your cock in my wet, juicy cunt. A man like you needs to be satisfied by a woman like me."

I was not exactly thrilled with Nina's proposition and my face must have showed it.

"Don't be bashful." Her breasts were pressed into my stomach, "My cunt is so wet for you right now. If you want you could fuck me up the arse. You should take that little girl home and then come to my bed. We could fuck all night. It will be so good you will never want to leave."

The song ended and she let go of my neck. A fast song started up.

She said, "I'll give you my address. The door will be open for you. Just come in."

I didn't say anything, and there was a grimace on my face. She pinched my butt and winked at me.

Zoë came over and took my hand, "Let's get something to drink. I'm thirsty."

We walked over to the bar.

I whispered in her ear, "Thank you for rescuing me."

God she smelled good. I kissed her earlobe and she playfully pushed me. I asked for a glass of water and Zoë asked for seltzer.

Zoë leaned over and whispered, "Anders said that she was probably hitting on you. He said she hit on him all the time until she found out he was gay."

"She was describing all the ways I could 'fook' her."

Zoë smiled, "Would that interest you?"

"Not in the least."

Zoë asked, "How long do you want to stay?"

"As long as you want to my dear."

"I would like to have one more slow dance with you. Anders said he would talk to the DJ."

The fast song ended and the DJ spoke into his mike, "Anders and Geoffrey are sending this next song out to Zoë and Quinn. Here's the Chairman of the Board with 'Fly Me to the Moon'."

Zoë made a little squeal and pulled me onto the floor.

We assumed out previous dancing posture, but I started singing to her: "Fill my heart with song, and let me sing for ever more, you are all I long for, all I worship and adore."