All Comments on 'Regret'

by Ahazura

Sort by:
  • 46 Comments
fritz51fritz51over 5 years ago
great flash story

No long drawn out list of excuses, just own it and do better next time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
very good

very good. Cant say I blame her but if she loved him it wouldn't have been that soon to move on.

Bebop3Bebop3over 5 years ago
A sad little story

Well done.

chytownchytownover 5 years ago
Thanks***

For sharing.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Tell it

One the best stories , of any length, that I have ever read about cheaters remorse. He definitely lives in a hell of his own making.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 5 years ago
Damn

This is what happens when you cheat on a faithful, loving wife. You lose, asshole.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

So much for 750 words being the minimum allowed on this site. 734 words in this, the third to be UNDER the so called minimum.

Maybe I'm wrong but wasn't the challenge to write the minimum 750 but not to go over?

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 5 years ago
Oscar Wilde did indeed make his own Hell, . . .

. . . being a known homo at a time when gays were very much looked down on and not accepted as anything other than mentally ill.

Good story.

etchiboyetchiboyover 5 years ago
Another awesome 750-word LW piece.

Must be because everyone really needs to focus on the plot of the story, but several have been so very... different from the authors’ usual plotlines. And often with the protagoist as the cheater, i.e. the antagonist. It makes for a refreshing spin.

Again - refreshing/original plot, and (as usual for Ahzura) well crafted.

5-stars

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
@Anonymous Re: 734 Words

I copied and pasted this into Word, Word said it was 750 words. It was stated that the Word count would be the standard. I don't know where you came up with 734, but this story meets the requirement.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
Bias

I have to own up to my bias against cheating wives, so intellectual honesty requires that I hold him to that same standard, but I admit to feeling conflicted.

I know we're not going to see it in a 750 word story, but in a traditional cheating wife story, a one night slip would allow for at least the POSSIBILITY of a reconciliation.

In any case, as he himself admits, he got what he deserved.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
750 words if you exclude the title and author

If you erase or deduct the title and author lines then by using the UK 2016 version of Word on a Win8 pc this author has posted exactly 750 words,

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonover 5 years ago
Sad story...

Yes, it's a sad story, but at least he seems to be in a mentally healthy place. He doesn't try to pass the blame, he's happy for his ex, and now he's moving to a new location to start over - sadder but wiser.

For the one who found the word count to be 734, you forgot to include the Oscar Wilde quote. It's part of the story and brings the total to exactly 750 words.

Good people can do bad things, yet remain good people. Nice story. Thanks for posting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
# 1

Sucked

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Not the least bit erotic

Nor does it fit the category at all. This is supposed to be about wives who have sex with others, not husbands. Sorry but I consider this a fail.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 5 years ago
Again, nothing here

No story. It is hard to write one in 750 and you did not.

You are generally decent in longer stuff but you have nothing here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Interesting

Mine left me for a similar reason. We can claim the weakness of the flesh and all of that, it doesn't help. It's been 44 years, perhaps once a year she sends me a post online, sometimes I even answer, then no more response until the next time. So, for both of us, the pain is still there.

So is something else.

They say there is just one true love, while others can fill the bill, it's not quite the same as that one truth. She remarried, 4 kids, a nice life, happy. I see the photos, lots and lots of them. My new wife and I, 40 years, one child.

Also happy, content.

Then, every now and then, an email, a facebook post, something. For.. 44 years.

It's almost like a ghost that never leaves.

neilnblowme2neilnblowme2over 5 years ago
idiot

deserved to be in hell and more

all cheaters do

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good one

People make their own hell. Truer words were never spoken. But it's what you do after making a mistake that defines your character. They were obviously young since she was still in school. They hadn't been together long enough to have their marriage mean all that much since she managed to fall in love and re-marry so soon after her divorce. And he's doing well again. Moving on. Moving forward. learning from a mistake and becoming a better person. Their marriage didn't mean that much to her since she bailed without really trying. Better off without her. Thanks for the read.

enjayemenjayemover 5 years ago
Ummmm...

No. Flash story should end with a twist. This one just sort of petered out

swingerjoeswingerjoeover 5 years ago
Not bad

There isn't much to this story, but then, it's difficult to convey much in 750 words. He regrets cheating on his ex-wife. The end.

We all live with regret. This one just happens to be about cheating. At least we finally have a LW story where the cheater comes across as human and sympathetic, so thanks for that.

tazz317tazz317over 5 years ago
MAN DOES NOT NEED ANY ENEMIES

as long as he has him self, TK U MLJ LV NV

silentsoundsilentsoundover 5 years ago
Sad but hopeful.

Good short.

moblanemoblaneover 5 years ago
NOT GREAT!

I gave you 4* for your previous work I have enjoyed... This one... NOT SO MUCH!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Well done, and well thought out.

So she was one and done. Her choice. Its a very harsh and personal dynamic. They may both be better off, or worse. Interesting sequel material, as several of the 750's are. I wonder if that might be the next challenge? Except you can't sequelize your own.

etchiboyetchiboyover 5 years ago
Ugh! 734 vs 750 or 759

Who cares, as long as it’s “close enough” AND this well crafted.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Smart and quick.

You got the job done. Laid out well. A different point of view than many. Interesting and thought provoking.

R.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 5 years ago
Nice!

Ahaz, at the top of his game. Well written story of regret. Thank you, my friend. Randi.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
disagree

women tend to lack sympathy, but they have tons of empathy.

a woman that decides to cheat will rarely feel remorse at the actual act of betrayal. it's bad enough men feel more complex feelings if they cheat...but courts are so heavily biased against men....women have abused that system with over 70% of divorced being initiated by women....with a natural decline in marriages by some gigantic percentage for the reasons listed above.

i guess all those beta male white knights wont be in the comments yelling at the wife for not swallowing her female pride and fragile female ego too.

kiteareskitearesover 5 years ago
Given your word limitation

It was OK, you conveyed they snap shot of his life at the moment, the moment he made the decision to move on very well. It was sad, but as he knew, he had no one else to blame either.

Maybe one day the world will be one big bowl of sunshine and roses, but until then, we have to work through our shit one way or other.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyabout 5 years ago
Powerful

Great delivery and depiction of self destruction

vhasstvhasstover 4 years ago
So much

So much in so few words. Great work !

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 4 years ago
Truth

There was far more truth in that story than any BTB story told here. Good job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Agree with last,2 comments

Enjoyed

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Do the crime, do the time.

But he got off cheap and should have easily moved on since he so easily cheated. Sell his new house and start another one. A good woman will come along. They always do. Crying over spilled milk is a waste of time.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Great story. Cheating bastard deserves the same fate as a cheating wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A male nurse wouldn't last long against a welding torch.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

750 is a lousy format

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

One does torture oneself...A good story.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionover 1 year ago

Oscar Wilde also said, "I'm not young enough to know everything".

Who knows why men or women cheat on those they profess to love and when they get caught cry and whine for their loss.

Barretta the cop, played by Robert Blake, also said, "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time".

Just thought I'd prove I'm old enough to know nothing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

"A male nurse wouldn't last long against a welding torch." It wouldn't matter because she still wouldn't come back......

26thNC26thNC7 months ago

Agree with my earlier comment. He cheated, so to hell with him.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

It's simple. Don't cheat.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous