Renaissance Faire Ch. 06

Story Info
Revenge of the Nerds.
7.9k words
4.58
31.8k
33

Part 6 of the 7 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 12/30/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
jmmj5
jmmj5
1,345 Followers

This is chapter 6 in a 7 part series. It will not make sense without reading the previous chapters.

Chapter 6 - Revenge of the Nerds.

Mid-February 2018

In a small university, in a small college town, news can spread fast. The news travelling the following Monday wasn't of Rob's impending divorce, but that the campus police were claiming arson caused the fire, which meant that the insurance company wasn't going to pay out. No shocker there. What did surprise everyone was that Dr. Finebaum wasn't giving the engineering school any money from their emergency funds to rebuild. Dean McVicar was going to have to find the money himself.

The only person on campus that President Finebaum couldn't touch was Dean McVicar, whose contract was crafted in such a way, that only the university board of trustees could remove him. It was assumed that this was Finebaum's way of trying to force out Dean McVicar.

Shockwaves were reverberating around the school. It seemed that everyone had an opinion, and the battle lines which separated Rob and Debbie's marriage, were forming throughout the university; the President and the new and improved renaissance history department vs. the engineering school.

On the home front, Rob heard from Carl, who said they were in town helping Debbie get set up in an apartment. That evening, when Rob got home from work, Rob saw Carl's car in his driveway. "At least it isn't Debbie," he thought.

After they shook hands, Carl said, "Rob, I completely understand your position. We both warned her, and she did it anyway. However, I'm her father, so I have to ask. Is there any way back from this? I really do think that she loves you."

Rob shook his head. "Carl, I've thought a lot about this, so this wasn't a decision I made lightly. I warned her several times that he was coming between us. Hell, you warned her, too. She knew how I would react and did it anyway, believing she wouldn't get caught. I've heard you use a term before but am struggling to remember it. I think it was willful negligence. She did this willfully, and you know it. She planned it. I cannot stay married to someone that values our marriage vows so little."

It was Carl's turn to shake his head. He said, "You know, the lawyer in me wants to try to plead her case; to try to align the facts in some way that would make her behavior seem, if not acceptable, at least forgivable. As her dad, I desperately want you to forgive her and take her back. As a husband, I completely understand. I'm truly sorry for both of you.

Carl chuckled for a second and said, "It's funny. When she was in high school, and decided to major in renaissance history, I thought to myself that I would probably have to support her for a long time after graduation, not knowing what she could do with that. Then when the two of you got married and she started homing in on a position here at the university, I thought, maybe she'll be okay after all. Now, I'm back to thinking I'm going to have to support her, because I'll be surprised if she ever works here, which is too bad for her."

Rob asked, "So you don't think she realizes that Richard is using her yet?"

"No. I don't. We'll do what we can to help point out that he isn't good for her. Even after this past weekend, I'm not sure how receptive she is going to be. If he doesn't help her get that job, then she'll be forced to ask herself what she got in exchange for her marriage. She won't like that answer."

Rob said, "Probably not." He asked, "How are you and Sheila?"

"Better, actually. I think your divorcing Debbie really shook her. Of course, she was mad at you on Saturday morning. Then, on our drive here she asked me if I really would have divorced her if she had encouraged Debbie. When I told her that I would, it really put her back on her heels. At least she's beginning to think about something besides herself and Debbie's career."

Rob said, "Well, maybe that can be the good that comes from this."

Carl shook his head. "Nothing good is going to come from this Rob, but we'll do the best we can to make a bad situation not quite as bad" He then stuck out his hand to shake Rob's. "I'm sorry, Rob. I think you were good for each other."

"Thanks, Carl. I do love her. That love has taken quite the hit over the last few months, but I don't want to see her hurt. Please look after her."

"We will. Take care of yourself, Rob."

He would try.

_______________

The next day Rob had been summoned to Dr. McVicar's office. When he entered, Kate was sitting there, too.

The Dean started, "Hey, Rob. Why don't you have a seat."

"Thank you."

Harold said, "Rob, whether President Finebaum realizes it or not, he has declared war on the engineering school."

Rob smirked at that statement and said, "Kind of makes me think that he fucked with the wrong school, huh?"

Liking that answer very much, Harold returned the smirk. "Damn straight he did. So I assume this means you don't mind getting your hands dirty in getting even?"

"You assume correctly. That bastard created headaches for everyone here, including me, personally, by his hiring Richard. Oh yeah. I'm game for a little payback."

"Good, good. I'm putting together my team. I'll be in touch soon. Thanks, Rob. You are a real asset to the school."

When Rob stood to leave, Kate, with her hair and makeup done 'just-so' and in a relatively snug and enticing black sweater-dress with knee-high boots, accompanied him into the elevator.

Inside the elevator, she put her arm through his and said, "Hey, Rob?"

"Hey, beautiful."

She glowed at the compliment. "Can I buy you a cup of coffee?"

"Sure, I'd like that."

They walked over to the café in the library, and once they had their coffees, sat in a table near a corner away from everyone.

She asked, "How are you doing?"

"Scrambled, I think; though not as much as I was. I've run the gamut from depressed to furious, and I think I finally settled on relieved, or maybe resigned. If she wants a job so badly that she's willing to fuck that dickhead and destroy her marriage, then she can go and good riddance."

"I'm sorry, Rob. Truly I am."

"Thanks Kate. Sorry to be so crude with my language. As you can tell, I'm still a little angry, but I'm better than I was this past weekend. I appreciate your being there for me and helping me to show my wife that with such a beautiful woman on my arm, I'm not a total loser."

"I think she's going to be the one that feels like the loser, eventually, when she realizes who and what she lost."

"Maybe. I don't know. If so, that will be a long time from now. Honestly, I don't quite know how we got here. I mean I noticed things were changing and tried to caution her against giving in to him, however within a few months we went from what I thought was a happy couple planning to have children, to ...now, this; she's was willing to sleep with another man. I know I'm not a total failure, but I'll be honest, at times this weekend I sure felt that way."

"Well, then, if my sources are correct before the week is over, you definitely won't feel like a failure, but I'll leave that little surprise until later. Also, you'll be pleased by the advice I received very recently. It was from someone who I care very deeply about, so I hope you'll take it to heart. Like you, I had let the way other people looked at me or treated me affect how I felt about myself. As a result, I had very little self-confidence and allowed myself not to feel very attractive.

"Then this weekend, a wonderful person told me that I am the most desirable woman in the world, or at least in his world. I really think he believes that, and while I don't, I believe in him enough that it makes me feel better about myself.

"As a matter of fact, after his and many other compliments last Friday, I felt so much better that my aunt and I went shopping this weekend, and I bought several new skirts and dresses, including this one that I'm wearing. Before Friday, I would never have worn something like this, but he gave me confidence when I didn't have much. He made me feel attractive, when I don't normally feel that way. After getting dressed this morning, I looked in the mirror, and I liked what I saw. Am I perfect? Nope. Do I still feel a little self-conscious about my hips or my freckles? Yep. But I feel pretty good about myself right now, and I hope that confidence can be seen by others; including you. So, if you don't mind, Rob, it's my turn to return the favor.

"You are one of the most genuine people I know. I've never seen, nor heard about you slacking off at work or anything else that you've put your mind to, including your marriage. You are admired by everyone in the engineering college, including many of our corporate and research partners. Several of our partners that donate to this university would like to hire you. You help set up, work on, maintain and improve multimillion-dollar pieces of machinery.

"Some of the patents this school has earned have been because you were one of the behind-the-scenes people making things happen. Everyone I know sees you and your team as the grease that keeps everything running. If my uncle could only pick one person to look at the schematics on all of our equipment and ensure that it is setup and running properly, that person would be you.

"My guess is that somehow, Richard convinced your wife that she could live two lives - her life where she does whatever she wants for her career and a life where she can be the loving wife. Don't let her failure be yours. I kept asking you to try, so that one day, when you start dating again, you can hold your head high and say that you worked to save your marriage, and then move forward with a clear conscience.

"So, don't let Debbie get you down, because there is a whole college full of people that respect and admire you." Then she leaned in and whispered, "and if I had my way, and if your brain and ass were wired together at the moment, I'd take you somewhere private and show you exactly how much you've meant to me; not because you need the support, but because I'm as attracted to you as you tell me that you are to me, and I'd like nothing more right now than to prove that to you in a very physical way."

Rob didn't let her pull away. He turned his head towards hers and caught her in time for a kiss, which started out gentle, but it didn't end that way. He said, "I really don't know why you and I have always had the chemistry together that we do, but, if you will let me, I definitely want to spend more time with you. You are a wonderful woman, and you are better for me than I deserve."

Kate said, "I agree with you that we should spend more time with each other. I know we are going to be busy with everything this semester, but when you and I aren't working, then we are going to be inseparable; even if all I'm able to do is study in the same room with you, I'd like to do that."

"I'd like that, too."

So that is what they did.

_____________

Friday morning was an office day for Rob. He had been instructed the day before to expect lunch and an afternoon planning session with the Dean.

Just before lunch time, Kate entered his office all smiles. Upon seeing her he returned her smile, but maybe he smiled a little longer seeing what she was wearing. Rob had liked her clothing this week. In addition to the sweater dress she wore on Tuesday; she had worn skirts or dresses all week. Today, she was wearing a crocodile embossed, knee-length, leather skirt and an ivory, long-sleeved, button-up blouse which wasn't sheer, but was thin enough that you could see there was something very lacy underneath. With the top couple of buttons unbuttoned, she had a mile of cleavage showing. She was mouthwatering.

Kate asked, "Ready for lunch?" Rob caught himself being drawn towards the portion of her décolletage on display.

She smiled at him as she caught him looking.

Recovering from the distraction, Rob was confused, "I was expecting lunch in your uncle's office. Are you coming, too?"

"I am, but we'll be meeting him off campus. Your afternoon planning session is going to be with everyone going after Finebaum, including me. Let's get your car, and we'll go together to the restaurant."

She looped her arm through his, and he enjoyed her touch, as always. Once in his car, she guided him to a nice restaurant in Unionville and through the seating area into a back room for private lunches and dinners.

As they entered the room, he saw Harold, Isobel, Ann, Jane, former president Bryant, Dr. Redmond, Dr. Frost and several other senior faculty members in the room standing around chatting, waiting for them. When they saw him, they started clapping, which had him confused.

He was being greeted by most everyone, when Harold came around and handed him a white wrapped box, slightly smaller than a shirt box. Rob looked at the box and was puzzled. "Dean McVicar, today isn't my birthday."

He replied, "I know, Rob. Think of it as Christmas coming early. Go ahead, open it."

You could have heard a pin drop before Rob started removing the wrapping paper. When he removed the paper and opened the box, he saw something he never thought he would see. Inside was a patent plaque, like those that hang in the lobby of Dean McVicar's lobby. Engraved on the plaque was from the first page of a patent application giving the patent number, the name and abstract of what was patented, some decorative engraving of the US Patent Office and a few other graphics, but what had surprised Rob so much was that after the university, Dr. Redmond, and Dr. Frost's name appeared his own, Robert M. Johnson.

Dean McVicar slapped him on the back, "Congratulations, Rob. You are now officially a US Patent holder."

Rob was speechless. The dean continued, "Remember when I asked you to document all the work you did with Roger (Dr. Redmond) and Nick (Dr. Frost)? They were very complimentary of your contribution and thought that your work was integral to the project's success. It was fine work, and we all appreciate it and wanted to see you recognized. Now this one isn't likely to make you rich, but I know Kensington metals has already licensed the patent for their own exclusive use for the next three years. You should see a nice little royalty check each of those years and maybe for a few years thereafter. It isn't going to double your salary or anything, but it should be like getting a very, very nice bonus. Oh, you are the first non-degreed student from Rose University to earn one. Though I know you are working on the degreed part, and I hope this isn't your last patent. Congratulations."

Rob was still speechless. He just couldn't believe his name was on a patent.

The next thing he knew was that all the other professors were shaking his hand and congratulating him. Dr. Bryant congratulated him and told him that his parents would be so proud. Isobel, acting like his own aunt, hugged him and told him how proud she was of him. Kate hugged him and then attached herself to him and wasn't planning on letting go.

Ann came up to him with tears in her eyes and said, "I wish your mom were here to see this. She would be so happy for you. She was always proud of you, and especially so her last few years, but she, like me, would be happy for you because she would hope this would help you to have more confidence in yourself. You are highly thought of by many people, not just those here in this room."

They hugged each other like a mother and son. She was so happy for him.

Having recovered a bit, Rob was a little sad because Debbie and her dad would have been happy for him. Oh well, he better get used to her not being involved in his life going forward.

After the brief celebration, they sat down to lunch and got down to business. Harold said, "Okay everyone. I don't like to use the phrase 'war council', so I won't beyond today. These planning sessions that we are going to have are, at a minimum, to let that prick, Dr. Finebaum, sorry Jane, know that, as Rob told me, 'he's fucked with the wrong school'. If things go well, we might even be able to either take him down a notch or two or three, or maybe even have him removed from his post.

"We've had his office bugged since Monday evening, and after we discovered on Wednesday that he was banging his new secretary, Jane so kindly agreed to help us bug her house and his car. We've already learned a lot, but I'm sure we'll learn more soon. We should have a camera in his office before the weekend is over."

Jane said, "We'll have access to even more after that. His bimbo secretary isn't smart enough to remember his passwords, so she writes them down. Her name is Bunny. Can you believe that? First, who either names their child Bunny or allows themselves to use that nickname as a professional. Secondly, how dumb do you have to be to hire an executive admin named Bunny and start screwing her? Before I'm done with him, he's going to wish he were neutered."

This gave everyone a good chuckle, but the look on Jane's face let it be known that she was determined to inflict some serious pain on her husband.

They spent the afternoon making plans on what could be done to get a measure of revenge on President Finebaum and paint him in a bad light. They wanted to bring maximum embarrassment without seriously harming the school.

Later in the afternoon, the restaurant brought out dessert plus coffee or drinks. They brought a dessert cart to show samples, so everyone could see what the desserts looked like. Ann said, "Rob, I had them make a French silk chocolate pie with coconut milk whipped cream, like your mother used to make, especially for you. I don't pretend that it is as good as hers, but I did have them make one for me a few weeks ago in anticipation of today. I thought it was pretty close."

"Thank you, Miss Ann. That means a lot to me that you would remember that and think of me."

Rob, Ann and Kate all had a piece.

It was a good session, and everyone was pleased that they would soon be taking action against President Finebaum.

Once the session was over, a few people stopped by to congratulate Rob again, and their waiter approached Ann. "Excuse me, you asked us to prepare two of those pies, but we only cut into one. Since it is paid for, you can take it with you."

With a rather pleased look on her face, Ann said, "Rob, it is yours. If you take it with you, maybe you can share a piece or two with Kate."

Kate liked the sound of that...as did Rob

They hugged Ann while saying, "goodbye" and Rob carried the pie with him to his car.

Rob asked, "Would you like for me to drop you at your car or apartment?"

Kate laughed, "Trying to get rid of me already?"

"What? Oh, no. I just didn't know what you want."

"Well, what I want is to have breakfast for dinner. Are you stocked up for that?"

He replied, "Not really."

She said, "Then, stop at Angelo's Market on the way to your home, and we'll pick up what we need."

She planned and purchased the ingredients to make her special mascarpone and raspberry stuffed French toast, plus a few other items.

While at the market, Rob got a few things he needed. In the car on the way back, Kate said, "I've never seen your home before."

That shook Rob for a second. The reason she had never seen it was because Debbie didn't want her there. Now that Debbie was gone, there was no reason for his best friend not to see it. However, he knew that wasn't quite right. Kate was more than a best friend.

Whether any other man saw it or not, and many did not, Rob saw her as an outright hottie. Unlike Debbie, she was definitely built for comfort, not speed, but oh what comfort he imagined that she could bring. While married, he had obviously admitted the he thought she was beautiful, and many others had made similar comments the night of the opera and since then.

jmmj5
jmmj5
1,345 Followers