All Comments on 'Renascence Ch. 03'

by norafares

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
It just keeps spinning and spinning...

Will your story spin totally out of control? I hope not. I wait for more.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 5 years ago
This was very emotional and evocative writing.

I am not a huge fan of the teacher student angle, but this story shows extreme talent. I don't make that call lightly. If you don't know who I am, go to the landing page of Literotica and click on the "Siren's Song" link there. I know talent, and I think you're dazzling. I didn't notice any run-on sentences, just complex ones. I edit for dozens of writers here, and you did well. If you want a better eval, drop me a line. I gave it a five. Thanks for writing, Randi.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Still impressive

Please keep this going, this is very good stuff

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
MORE PLEASE

Need more to read it’s that good :)

luedonluedonover 5 years ago
Progressing so well

So few authors here are able to show the reader how their characters' emotions are influencing what they are doing, that it is a delight to read stories written like this one. It's also wonderful to have a younger female author contributing a complex story.

Nora, apart from your mentioning an age range in your biog note, you tell us very little about yourself. You don't even have a range of favourite stories (which I feel tells a lot about an author). I find it helpful to know more about the more interesting authors and the sorts of things that influence their work. Maybe please a couple more notes in your biog?

Lue

Ps: People in North California 'wriggle' off somebody's lap?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Can’t stop reading

The teacher student thing is not really a story I’m big on, but you have done such a great job of hooking me with grace’s character I can’t stop reading your story. I’m in for the ride no matter where you decide to take it.

Thank you, and please don’t stop, you have the potential to be very good writer on this site, or maybe,where ever your ambition takes you.

K.S.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago
Wonderful!

Hey, she won't be a student for much longer!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Go Renascence

I liked having Renascence as the title. You should continue to use obscure words whenever they fit. One of the reasons we read is to learn and expand our horizons. If we don't know a word, we should look it up and learn.

Thanks for the great writing.

GreenMGB

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110about 4 years ago
The dialogue is the best

I've seen. It is so colloquial and natural. I think that is one of the toughest things for authors to replicate. Nora does it very well. She is also great at conveying emotions. In this chapter, she did it when Grace and Gabe crossed that forbidden line between teacher and student. Really great!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A fucking good story!

Love your writing and your storytelling. It feels so real!

dgfergiedgfergieover 3 years ago
Counting ribs

As a small child about a hundred years ago my grandfather would always reach over at the dinner table and count my ribs making me giggle and then tell me to eat up I was too skinny! Others would tell be to put rocks in my pockets when going out play cause I was so skinny! Oh to be young again, a much simpler time, no television, no internet, no cell phones. There was only one telephone company and you could order in color phone you wanted as long as it was black! Life was black and white, right or wrong, no greys not partial wrongs or rights it was one or the other no doubts. Keep writing please and we need another chapter for Head Above Water, please?

AahhWhattheHellAahhWhattheHellalmost 3 years ago

The ribs were a perfect touch to make it all so relatable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

“ Please forgive me if some minor grammatical errors affect the flow of the story.” You are forgiven with special thanks for understanding the importance of minimizing grammatical errors to allow your reader to focus on your marvelous story and not on the distractions. I am sad that other authors complain about any attempt to have errors fixed to smooth the reader’s path. (I did not find any errors, so more thanks for your efforts which allowed me to enjoy your story even more.)

Comentarista82Comentarista82almost 3 years ago

This series combines several elements one wouldn't expect together: Grace's assertiveness manifesting although she IS shy and fears normal conversation in regular situations...but with him, she's different; when she leaves him, then she does something to remind herself of her significant vulnerability (counting her ribs). I didn't see her kissing him as something she would try, although it may be the overreaction she displays to having held herself back in so many ways.

You are the author: if you wish to use a more "obscure" title, readers should avail themselves of one of many online dictionaries to expand their vocabulary. ;)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great story, but I have a hard time believing that a girl who is about to have sex with a teacher in the school parking lot put a stop to it because her mother said she had to go. So much for taking risks.

FoxycatladyFoxycatladyover 1 year ago

I just can’t help but picture Gab as Louis Garrel in my mind haha

Second time rereading this <3

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

As lust would ahve it......................whatever. The counting of ribs brought back a memorie of long ago. My grandfather, the little I remember of him, used to count my ribs and kid me because I was so skinny as a very young child. He also tell me to put rocks in my pockets if I was going outside because he said I would just blow away If I didn't. Didn't see him much before he passed. A very emotional story by Nora znd very good.

A_BierceA_Bierce10 months ago

Thank heavens the pedants have stopped picking fly shit out of black pepper. I don't share others' concerns about the teacher-student relationship--it's not even clear who's the teacher and who's the student. It is brilliantly clear, though, that they both desperately need healing but aren't sure how to grab it.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

To think that this is your first story on this site--incredible! A talent from Day 1.

G

AnonymousAnonymous19 days ago

Your descriptive narrative is so good I can only feel empathy for the couple. Too bad the family and community have mores and expectations that don't follow the exceptions of individuals. She's trying to heal. (So is he...) Despite dancing on thin ice.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usernorafares@norafares
1686 Followers
Hi there, I’m Nora :) I write about flawed characters navigating their way through life, often falling hopelessly in love along the way. I grew up on 90s swoony Bollywood films, endless piles of cheesy romance novels, and obsessively rewinding that part where Matthew Macfayde...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES