All Comments on 'Repaying My College Loans Pt. 05'

by Carl_Bradford

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
GentlemanMarinerGentlemanMarinerover 4 years ago
Well done!

I really like what you're doing with the world and the characters, I think your writing is quite good and I'm really enjoying the story. I can't wait to see how this ends!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

I really like your stories (all of them) but one thing I particularly like is the way that you subtly show the economic effects of slavery and how it benefits the rich at the expense of the working class.

All of the stories have little hints about it but this one is probably the most blatant. The fact that Ms. Williams is able to use Beth as collateral on a loan to purchase her really illustrates this. If Ms. Williams were to default on the loan for some reason it's Beth who would pay the price when her contract is sold to someone else to cover the loan rather than Ms. Williams. Additionally the fact that she was sold for more than her original loan only benefits the bank and not her. There's several other points in both Nikki's and Dan's stories where we see how slavery serves to benefit the rich at the expense of the working class.

I realize that's not the main focus of the stores (and certainly not why I read them) but I did want to comment since it is a nice piece of social commentary in some very sexy stories.

ZZchromosomeZZchromosomealmost 3 years ago

"At that rate, I would have several thousand oral encounters before I regained my freedom!" That sounds reasonable. Carry on!

Anonymous: "I really like your stories (all of them) but one thing I particularly like is the way that you subtly show the economic effects of slavery and how it benefits the rich at the expense of the working class." Nothing new under the Sun. Any author worth their salt building a story-verse needs to consider that.

Anonymous: "Additionally the fact that she was sold for more than her original loan only benefits the bank and not her. " I disagree. First off, the slave processing center gets a cut. Second off, this is how debt in the real world works - and if we are postulating real-world slavery, we need to use real-world rules. I owe $100K, and use Object X as collateral. I fail to pay, you seize Object X and sell it for $120K. That extra $20K is not your profit, it's my profit. On the other hand, sometimes Legal Slavery Universe is unfair to slaves, so there's that. But in my mind, Beth gets that money when she becomes Human again. Otherwise the system doesn't work.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous