All Comments on 'Requital'

by Longhorn__07

Sort by:
  • 1,123 Comments (Page 3)
AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Stupid wimp husband.

Definitely NOT a good author. Always same theme.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
I can't imagine any..

real MAN taking her back. Makes me dislike a character (Steve) I liked in the beginning.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Entertainment

This story is way, way, way to long for this forum! If I wish to read a book I can go to the Library. Please don't quit your day job.

robinhodrobinhodover 12 years ago
Very well written

but far too long and a bit repetitive. I found myself skipping towards the end and didn't get much from the last two pages.

Shame. This writer has all the talent needed.

cueball961cueball961over 12 years ago
Loved it!

I thought this was an excellent story. Your writing style is very good and your character development skills are outstanding. Take for instance the character Lydia, the Grandmother. I felt like she was an actual person and I could see her in my mind's eye. Her looks, her personality, everything about her was spelled out so well that very little imagination was needed to summon up a mental image of her and to know her like an old friend. This is a rare talent indeed.

It was fascinating to watch the transformation of Barbara from the childish, insensitive person she was to the loving wife she became at the end. It was also impossible to not be empathetic with the long suffering Steve and the depth of love and forgiveness he displayed. It was all too realistic to see that this story describes a great many actual relationships. They take hard work, openess, and communication to survive. They are all too fragile, and yet even at the breaking point they can be saved if both parties are willing to do the required work to make it happen. Some have commented that the story was too long. I, for one, beg to differ. It took time and space to let this story play out and get to the strong emotions and difficulties at the heart of this relationship, as well as the complexities of the personalities of this couple.

Aside from some minor grammatical errors this was a near perfect story. It was heartwarming, erotic, and romantic. I was very impressed and you may rest assured longhorn that you are now in my list of favorite authors. A solid four stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
not your best

problems with him intentionally getting std, aids and HIV. problems with the miscarriage - was it his, was it an abortion, where is the medical proof.

nakdsubnakdsubover 12 years ago
Well, you got me hooked early...then,

I saw it was 18 pages long and decided I wasn't going to read a story that long...but,

I read some more and decided it would be worth putting into my favorite stories and coming back to it occasionally, so I did. But then I continued to read, I couldn't stop until I found it was early morning and I had to get some sleep, so I finally went to bed. I thought about the story over night and couldn't wait to get back to it the next day. Once I started reading where I had left off the previous day, I couldn't stop again. I hung on every word. Like myself, I can only think that someone who can write so clearly of the pain involved in a situation like that, has probably gone through it himself. I applaud your every word in this story. You did a great job! Thank you.

nakdsub. Oh, BTW...5* from me. I wish I could give it more.

norcal62norcal62about 12 years ago
robinhod said it well for me: too repetitive and lack editing. Events and thoughts

got lost over the extended telling. Don't understand why I gave it a 5 the first time. I give it a 3 now.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
I gave it 5 stars ...

...good story but it could have used more sex.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
An inspiration

I read your whole story - it was an inspiration to me in my own mariage. Tank you.

RePhilRePhilabout 12 years ago
Bet it isnt his kid!

Maybe he should drink directly from the source and skip the creampies

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
I'll bet

he gets RePhilled from both ends, whether it be slurping creampies or smoking cock, blatant buggery or anal invasion

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 12 years ago
these are some fucked up people

and hubby is as fucked up as they are. good story - hard to imagine a group of assholes as bad as you created and they all mesh too.

count2threecount2threealmost 12 years ago
Overall a very good Story.

What I missed a little was some background info on Barbara, especially in the beginning she has absolutely no personality even less any redeeming qualities, later it would have been interesting to learn a bit more about her and Kims upbringing and how it all went down the drain with Kimberly (I mean she is barely out of high-school and is already on hard drugs and into hardcore porn).

Considering that Barbara did not really have sex with anyone I think the reconcilliation and the road there was resonable.

What I really liked wath the Character of Lydia and how we are somehow deluding ourselves into believing that older people dont know what sex is. Its just ridiculus. I dont think even the most hardcore stuff one can find today was done since the dawn of the human race, I mean it doesnt take a genius to figure out that you can push a cock into an ass or that more than two people can have sex together.

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdalmost 12 years ago
Came Back & Re-Read This One

Still one of my favorites. I think this one offers hope to couples who experience what they think is insurmountable despair. The way Barbara & her sister are SO disturbed, it's hard to believe that they BOTH didn't suffer some sort of severe trauma as children. Still, I loved reading a tale where the couple could seek help & work through their issues. Nicely done.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichalmost 12 years ago
A well built an executed storyline

A good story with professional quality writing.

It kept me up all night reading the story, and it was well worth the loss of sleep.

Thanks so very much for the story...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Its Possible

Really solid story line...high quality writting. Could have used a little more background on the wife & sister..seems like they have some real problems...I kept expecting to read about sexual abuse by the father. The emotional infidelity with Porter and Barbara is something I am experiencing ...so there is some realtiy to the story. Great job...thanks for the read.

semofuncpl3semofuncpl3over 11 years ago
Ye gads

What a long drawn out story. It was good up to about page10 where Steve turned into a wimp. If he was as good as he thought he was he would have told his bosses to go fuck themselves when they insisted about the counseling sessions. At that point I knew he was going to wimp out and end up taking her back. This story had a fairly good plot but was way too long to hold my interest. By page 12 I was just skimming through it. Shorten them up dude.

rajeshkumaarrajeshkumaarover 11 years ago

The story was too long. I also lost interest after page 8 or 9, and after that just skimmed through the whole story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Really great story....

Longhorn: I'm amazed and impressed at the effort you put into this story and by the well expressed ideas and themes. Thanks.

norcal62norcal62over 11 years ago
How could a "Longhorn_07" really use the term "butt cheeks"?

Thought that was reserved for across the Atlantic.

Use of "curling lips" is only good for once in a career, along with "dripping sarcasm".

Agree that you incorporated many good ideas and eroticism. Did a great job of making wifey into a completely clueless, self-absorbed bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I'm torn

I really HATED the ending. The wimp husband eventually worn down by psychiatrists, his grandmother in law and his company made this one not really enjoyable. Yet the quality of writing is really good. As I said, I don't know whether to vote 5 or 1 stars. I hate for the cheating wife to eventually get her way, and now with child this wimp will never leave her (if it is even his). Dammit Longhorn, you are not making this easy, you are a great writer, but grow some balls.

cliffhanger20cliffhanger20over 11 years ago
NONY

As with all your tale's it was a good read. But I can't understand why all the money was wasted on counseling. The old women should have called a tow truck to get their heads pulled out of their assholes so they could listen to her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
What

A wimp fag ending. U were a 5 until then. Now a -1

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Can you see my comment?

Hello LH.

The length, and the struggle for so long. That's what makes your story worth reading. Your resolutions - whether the wife leaves a husband, or a husband leaves his wife - are never 'let's get this over with' attitude that some authors so seem to prefer - leaving their stories but naught a single a page!

Your stories leave an impact, not because of great ideas, but simply because the resolutions is realistic and long. The way it should be.

One of the better stories here on Lito.

Strength to you.

- HHL

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
she is a slut

sorry no wife goes that far and says nothing happened. She is a compulsive liar and worthless kick her out do not take them back.

rexspauldingrexspauldingover 11 years ago
Worthy of Praise

It is a rare occurrence when something truly worthy of praise and admiration exists on a free basis. I've found myself at the unique pleasure of having read a story that not only was satisfying, but truly thought provoking and inspirational.

First, all the naysayers likely fall into two categories: those who could not finish the story, or those who fail to see the big picture. Either way, negative responses like that are ultimately an affirmation of the author's writing talent. If these characters weren't given a powerful realism, there would not be an emotional response to their actions.

As for the story itself. I am pleased I found such a delightful read on this website. The character development was so incredibly powerful, it often felt as if Steve and Barbara were living, breathing people, and we were the "flies on the wall" to just observe. There is such an impact where a reader can begin by hating (in every sense of the word, detesting, wishing bad or harmful things upon) a character, only to watch them grow, evolve and transform into something better, much like the metamorphosis of a butterfly. Likewise, when a character seems righteously justified, we root for him to have his vengeance and satisfaction.

But the author has gone above and beyond simple emotional responses. I started by absolutely despising Barbara, then her parents. I felt Steve was a little over the top when he could have simply sought divorce. But as the story progressed, Barbara showed redeemable qualities (I thought impossible at first), Steve became a much more complex and deep character, and I admit, I felt dismayed when he cheated, but the writing made it feel so real - like it was just a human natured response to his developing inner turmoil.

Anyway, LH did such a fantastic job creating such realistic and emotional characters. This truly is a tale worthy of praise.

Rex

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Did Ohio and Longhorn write this together over a romantic weekend where their wives pulled trains for them? 18 pages of idiotic dog shit. Same simpering wimp men. Dear god.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 11 years ago
Loved it!

One of the best written on this site. I thought for sure there was no way reconciliation was possible and I was hoping he would totally burn the bitch. And yet, at the end I was applauding and let out a whoop! It takes great writing to be able to effectively travel down that road and cause an evolution of emotions in the reader. Amazing!

Loved this line the best:

"Woman," he remarked, "overreacting or not, the next time you take another man's side against me like you did tonight…the next time you laugh when another man insults me and demeans me…the next time you play up to some other man like he means everything in the world to you and I mean nothing…that's the day I assume this marriage is over and I will divorce your ass before you can whistle Dixie. Believe it, Barbara! It will happen."

Amen! I am a huge fan.

auhunter04auhunter04over 11 years ago
ever notice

that the self appointed critics all have the same name, it the story is too long stop reading it and close your pie hole

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Long read, but...

A long read, but well worth the journey. Good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
good story

awesome tale, thanks for writing and sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Great!

I really like a happy ending. I liked the people. That speaks well of your story telling.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

reads like a motherfuckin fairytale...loved it. cant believe hdk is ur mentor and not the other way around! keep on writing u bastard.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Fantastic

Not everyone likes happy endings, but this one was perfect for me. Excellent plot and the characters were very believable!!! Excellent Job mate!!!

phil2213phil2213about 11 years ago
Great Story

In life we all go down roads we wish we avoided or missed. Some of us royally screwup. We usually ask our God to forgive us and move on. Some learn their lesson others don't. This story touches on that subject with clarity and emotion. I was fortunate to have all grandparents and a great grandpa Lydia was the sentimental fool and hero of this story and I miss her already. This was a happy ending feel good story, that illustrated the vulnerability of a human and human relationship in a marriage. So often we find ourselves being disrespected or disrespectful. You usually feel it heavily when disrespected but may or may not realize when being disrespectful. This story blew up the anatomy of this very point giving a clear view to the reader of what this very poignant point is all about. Thank you author!

RhomanovRhomanovabout 11 years ago
Good Style but the Plot was a Bust

Enjoyed it up till page 13. Sorry, but the 180 in the plot line was a serious let down.

monkcalmmonkcalmabout 11 years ago
To easy

A well defined story good plot but it felt to easy the main character is to easy to push around all the fake feminist therapy, where was his support group? none at all!

The therapist was there for her pushing for her only her nothing best for the man,he should have walk/run away from the evil in these others souls nony was a iron-rod in nurf stuff, sorry couldn't by her remorse it was all to lets just go back to the easy way she wants it to be, and her character and her family had no empathy for him at all it just seemed fake. It is just a to easy story easy in , easy out no way she wont destroy him again that's what i got from her character.

Alaska84Alaska84about 11 years ago
Very good

Very good! Thank you for sharing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
I have enjoyed all your other

stories but Rhomanov was right, you only get a three for this one. That U turn was unbelievably fast. You nearly lost me, I thought I must have somehow got into another story, or at least missed a page.

RePhilRePhilabout 11 years ago
I wonder what color eyes Raphs kids are going to have

Do you think they will be twins

solotorosolotoroabout 11 years ago
Wimp

He should be using the butt plug. It would make it easier to take the butt fucking she just gave him.

OneShotOneOneShotOneabout 11 years ago
solotoro

Has it right.

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 11 years ago

18 pages of wimp cuckie garbage from a good writer.

karan9876karan9876almost 11 years ago
A masterclass in boredom.

Having a name like "longhorn" compelled the author to write something really really really really really reallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreally

long (18 really's for 18 long pages). I guess it would have been nice if he had chosen a name like "shorthorn" so the story would be short instead of long.

It's long, Its boring, it's full of gloating in the "I am a wimp" so sue me bullshit.

spankfunforspankfunforalmost 11 years ago
Lydia's strength of belief!!

Barbra and Steve had a fairy godmother: Barbra's grandmother. Barbra was broken and Steve had had enough. He wanted a quick divorce! Lydia put so many roadblocks in his way, she had time to get Barbra fixed! Steve never had a chance. Lydia, by hook and crook, got the marriage back together, better than their first four years. Now, they both fight to understand and take care of each other 24 hours every day. No storybook but a solid, based on trust, Marriage!! This story is very special because they had someone who loved them very much!! This author is Great!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Why?

Why take her back...turned a good story into more wimp shit. Whatever...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

Nony is awesome.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

Long winded garbage

snathsnathalmost 11 years ago
Amazing story

Across the barriers of geography, I have to tell, this story of coming back, is universal. Throwing something is easy, picking it up and making it useful is what life is all about.

Learnt something on the way.

Kudos!

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 11 years ago

18 pages of well written cuckie.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Two things

Trust IS part of forgiving; if you do not trust the other person how can you believe their apology ?

The moment the management told me that I needed to go to counseling with the cheating slut to get a promotion I would have started looking for another job.

Nothing would be worth staying with a cheater.

JounarJounaralmost 11 years ago

When hubby would rather die from AIDS than get back with the wife no way could a reconciliation every happen never mind putting up with the bullshit psycobabble.

SensateSensatealmost 11 years ago
Excellent indepth psychological story

A long story, but worth the reading. Excellent character development and good resolution to the conflict.

agelesssoneagelesssonealmost 11 years ago
Need to have a 10 star rating

Fuck all these morons who trashed the story. THE THE BEST AND MOST WELL WRITTEN story I've ever read on Literotica. Kudos to Longhorn

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

Why didn't he stick her in a chastity belt and sue the shit out of Rafe for starters?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Once a cheat always a cheat.

Why on earth would he take her back....I mean WTF longhorn.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
kingdong2

You can't unring a bell. He should have kicked her to the curb.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
mixed feelings

as one that has been through the same thing, I have mixed feelings whether he should have kicked her out or not. I didn't and have been married for 41 years. My wife cheated 35 years ago. I felt the same way, like my world had totally collapsed and was near suicidal. We worked things out, love came back, but after 35 years the trust has not fully returned. Every time I feel close to fully trusting her, my nightmares of catching her come back and I go through days of sleepless nights. Suicide at the time was the only other option I could see. I believe I made the right choice.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Great Read

People don't normally change very much. However, that does not mean that they can't. Your story pointed out that open lines of communication are important in a marriage and I really enjoyed the conclusion of this story.

Life is not always a bed or roses, but neither is is always a bed of thorns and you expressed that thought very well. I liked that you were able to express the emotions of both spouses as they worked their way through their problems. Bravo!

phil2213phil2213over 10 years ago
Great writer/author amazing story

Anatomy of immature love bumps and conflicts catastrophic confrontation, intervention and conflict resolution, reunification, love and growth. Our main characters lived through hell and back and finally through the intervention of a wise and lovely elderly lady love prevailed with reconciliation and growth to maturity. This writer is way better than magnificent in grasping at nuances of human interaction and character development. This story is enjoyable after tithe fourth read. This author is totally enjoyable in this presentation and the characters are very human. The emotion is severe and real and it doesn't get much better than this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
one of the best

this is one of the best stories i have ever read. as someone who has been there (only with the roles reversed) i have truly appreciated and understood this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

You should have just killed the fucker off with AIDS or something and ended the story there, instead of this taking the wifey back and falling back in love shit that you pulled.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I love this story

It is my recall... there is a ring of truth to this... seems like a husband did see his wife in pictures of the sociality section... with another man...

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
after reading eight pages of this crap...

I decided that watching dry paint was a better use of my time

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
sos

same old story but with different characters dealing with different situations and different solutions. I have read liar, requital and your most recent work fool me once. I respect your work because you are expressive, good at developing strong and believable characters. Your stories are devoid of the usual tired old cuckold crap. I plan on finishing all of your works and want to thank you for taking up so much of my time to enjoy your work. Keep writing. You are appreciated by this fan of your work. Don l

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Another Fucked Up Cuck Story

Next time put a gun in mouth and pull the trigger. More humane than sticking him with the slut for life. Your character is too stupid to cut his loss when has the chance to rid himself of cheating slut. But this is your story and maybe your life.

Lonewolf2013Lonewolf2013over 10 years ago
The story dragged on way to long

This story dragged on and on. I found the first few pages interesting but early into the story I knew how it would end. Other than Steve fucking the little sister ( I thought he would fuck Elaine) I knew they would get back together and I even predicted they would have a baby. Reading this story to the end was like watching a week of Young and the Restless. It just goes on and on with out any real end in sight, no strong plot, weak writing( Loose the counseling part not interesting at all.) and weak characters. Long and boring sums it up best. .

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Not what I expected... but worth it...

I once demonstrated how to get a stuck egg out of a carton by turning it upside down...

Seemed reasonable - if only i'd thought to take the rest of the eggs out first...

I'm not stupid but even smart people do stupid things when they don't actively think of the consequences...

This story was SO believable... I liked it... I was worried at first it would be a revenge story where he destroys all guilty parties (which while ok as a story wasn't what I wanted to read) or a story where she effectively became his chattel in an effort to make amends...

People being people with all of their faults though... well worth the time to read..

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Word Processor Diahrrea

That was a long, eighteen-page waste-of-time to tell us the guy stayed a cuck/wimp pussy. Considering I just did the same in one line.

OmniferisOmniferisover 10 years ago
pretty good story

He didn't become a cuck or wimp pussy. A cuck would have gone and helped the guy to fuck his wife by getting him hard for her. A wimp pussy would allow her to sleep with others and look the other way. He fought for a divorce but her lawyer was fighting him, and he found out she only gave the guy a rub job and no actuall sex. So I don't understand how you think he was a cuck or wimp pussy. He got even with her by fucking her sister, and then they came to their senses with help from their councler and her grandmother. This was a really good story, and I hope you don't let the people who don't know what they are talking about discourage you from writing more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
good story

5 starrs

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Mind boggling / Mind bending

I was completely immersed for many hours; going back & forth, thinking the scenarios through. The turmoil made me rethink my own logic, I know that I would respond differently, than how I would have before reading it. I still can't say how it would turn out if I were in Steve's shoes.

((To the asshat that said they read it in 1 hour; BS - you read the "words", not the "story"; you have to let it get inside your head, utilize your imagination, feel the emotions. You can Speed-Read a Technical Manual or Encyclopedia because it's just data; but not a Erotic Suspense / Thriller; your Brain, Heat & Soul were disengaged.))

This is actually the first Reconciliation story that I've seen; every other Cheaters story has been blood & guts. I'm a Romantic at heart and didn't see how Reconciliation could be possible. I didn't see any Romance from Barbara until the very end.

((Note; I absolutely abhor Cheaters / Cheating , this should NOT be in a Loving Wives category (they need to create a Cheating Partners category), of course LW should instead be Loving Partners.))

The backbone to Barbara's and Kim's faults was their overprotective parents; who'd kept them from developing into real, strong women. They were both still immature little girls and were not equipped to deal with reality. It took a loving person to see the issues and to say "something's wrong & needs to be addressed). Sex as we all know can / should be a good thing; but they were misguided and brought up that it was bad, Barb believed and it caused problems because she wasn't really engaged in the marriage: Kim didn't believe it and rebelled. Neither was looking at consequences.

This reflects profoundly on real issues in todays society; kids are being spoiled and left with stunted emotional / psychological growth, they believe that they know best & that their elders are idiots / fools.

Due to the extremely complex character & plot development; I could / would rather see a 500 page version; it wasn't meant to be a Wham Bam, Clobber, Slash, Destroy, Kill story. It did not turn out the way that I expected nor wanted it to (because I hate cheaters), but it was plausible. In the end "everyone was better off" because they'd grown, including myself.

Thank you LH!! ... DKP

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
cansellyou the King of Closet Cucks would know

Take that gearless wonderturds word for it - if that bag of shit says this is a cuckie story then you better effin listen cause that eunuch knows all there is to know about being a goddamn cuck.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
you mean cantbuy? is that cansellyou?

The cocksmoker who turns off voting on his crappy stories? Like that fuck would know shit about anything or should even comment on a Longhorn story.

Maybe he should go back to drooling over his butt buddy huedogg and the lame nonsense he writes, Two fucking peas in a pod, wastes of fucking space.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Demented

I've read this story a couple of times and still can't figure out why a sane person would want to be involved with a thoroughly demented family. Steve should have run for the hills. ( yes I know this is fiction ). It still merits a five because it is well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Short Story or Novel

Way, way, way, too long. I gave up after page 8.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I'm with anon on this story.

I gave up on chapter 9, it was simply to long and drug out. There is definitely some real writing talent here, so I'll give it a good healthy 4 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Great Story

I personally enjoyed the story. True, I believe it could have been shortened but I never gave up on it. You are a skillful teller of tales and I plan to read more in the near future.

Lonewolf2013Lonewolf2013over 10 years ago
Good story but to long

This could have been a really great story but it dragged out to long and I started to lose interest in the plot and the main characters, I still like Nonys' character. The counseling sessions took up way to much time and pages. Also considering how much pain and suffering Rafe caused he got away unscathed, so he has his wife checking on him daily it is nothing compared to what Steve and his wife were going through. You lost major points with me for that alone. It is a good story but I can't help but think that this could have been a great story.

rick_ohrick_ohover 10 years ago
Good story and NOT too long

I'm fine with the length of the story. Very involving, an in-depth view of human nature and human drama.

monkcalmmonkcalmover 10 years ago
reread

People keep saying good writer, wimp story

Longhorn__07 is not a good writer in this story at all actually in some/most of his stories, the logic of the story does not follow the characters logic he has written or attempted to write. All the character are true to there outlook in that cheating is okay, but he tried to write a man who was supposed to have a backbone..which fell way short..like reading about a guy blitzed on booze tell a cop he is not drunk standing next to his car that just ran over a pregnant women in her living room...thats how far off base this character is.Longhorn__07 the grammar is flowing but your characters plot logic falls apart, it seems up you have a basic lack of understanding of what a backbone is, moral character,logic,plot reason, yours male led characters dont stand on the moral center you write that they are supposed to have. It does not have to be BTB but cant just have your male characters just give in for no reason and expect to have a good story (unless your a cuckold fan)....you have the skill but you are way off on plot logic.

rightbankrightbankover 10 years ago
a monumental waste of time

nothing changed from start to finish. it just took a long time to say it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
An excellent story

Well worth the length. And as a bonus, no typos.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 10 years ago
should have found a new......

A new job.....after being told he would need counseling with the cheater to be promoted. (a job is to support your life, not tell you what life to have)

A new woman.....one who would respect him and be faithful.

Lydia was a good character but blinded by family loyalty.

Rogn123Rogn123about 10 years ago
good story

Human life and relations are not black and white but evolve and vary and change. those who are absolute and rigid are sad and boring and not pleasant to be around

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 10 years ago
absolute and rigid

There are absolutes like right and wrong, where being rigid is no failing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Thank u

Thank u for your story. It really cleared some issues for me. I had a husband who cheated. The betray the hurt & pain destroyed our marriage. I gave him a chance the first time he cheated. When he came back he accused me of Not trusting him but how could I? I asked him to court me again & win me back..... He didnt instead he cheated again. That was when I knew he wasn't sincere on wanting to get back he only did that cos he going out the first girl he was cheating on me with was using him. The thing that really got me was why & how could he do it. We have 2 beautiful children financially we were 5 years away from being very comfortable. We were married for over 10 years how could he & why why why. I thought he loved me I certainly loved him so how could he cause me so much pain. I asked him over & over the same questions but he'd just say he doesn't know. You story have given me a glimpse of the possible answer. Thank u..... My asshole of an ex now makes up some story between one of my friend & I and is accusing me of cheating on him. That gets me so angry cos I'm not the one who cheated. Twists all our experience together to suit him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Men who take back a cheater I will NEVER understand.

Sanctity, like virginity, once gone is gone forever.

And trust will subsequently ALWAYS be sullied an element of doubt.

Or as has been said in a different context, "all the king's horses ....."

MeltnmoldMeltnmoldabout 10 years ago

I have a hard time rating this story. It was a great read and even though it's a fantasy, I'm happy they worked things out between them. As long as they're happy, that's all that really matters.

Personally, I'm not sure I could have forgiven someone like that but nobody really knows what they'd do till they've lived through it themselves.

I'm going to give 5 stars anyhow.

Richie4110Richie4110about 10 years ago
Wonderful!

A thorough development of a personal tragedy and a painful and patient resolution where none existed.

Thank you for a wonderful read. Five star performance.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Great story

This was a great read. Thanks for taking the time to write this. I loved the story from beginning to end!!!

RhomanovRhomanovabout 10 years ago
A year later .....

Read this tale a year ago.

Decided to read it a second time, check my opinion, find my old comment and see if my thoughts have changed.

Nope. No change.

Page 13 180 toss out the spine and spin up the whine tripped this from good to huh.

3*

MattressThrasherMattressThrasherabout 10 years ago
Couldn't stop reading it

This was a well written story that was a bit hard to read and I mean that in a good way. When people try to repair the damage to their marriage it can be very hard and long road. Thank you for a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Good to a point

I was a good story to a point. Too much bull crap and the story was just too long.

overthehillmedicoverthehillmedicabout 10 years ago
A heart felt story

I give him all the credit in the world. Even though he felt it was over, he had to see why it happened. I wish I had a grandma like her.

AmbisinisterAmbisinisterabout 10 years ago
Excellent read.

As a person starting to cope with somewhat similar circumstance, it was a very moving story provoking honest emotional reaction!

Lonewolf2013Lonewolf2013about 10 years ago
Reread this story, liked it even less

I reread this story and in the end I was still wondering who would put themselves through this shit. I think I gave it to high a rating the first time around, I gave it a "4" but now having reread it I don't feel it deserved a 4. It really only deserved a 3 rating because it was way to long, with weak characters and did we have to follow every single counseling session. Having him go through all of that shit to get a promotion was unrealistic, so was his deciding to take his own life in the end. No job or cheating wife is worth all the counseling crap he endured and if he was going to take his own life then he should have arranged to take the rest of those stupid fucks with him.

auhunter04auhunter04about 10 years ago
I think

I think that about 90% of our already outlandish divorce rate is caused by the lack of the kind of intimacy that ended this story on a high note. I could go into a lot of psycho mumble-jumble but sometimes you just have to just take matters into your own responsibility, ( I really could not say hand )

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
oh well

Personally, I wasn't put off by the lengthof the story. This man went through the process and it worked for him. Personally I would have left her at the Christmas party. I would never have tolerated that bullshit. But then, it wasn't my story. One thing about the majority of these stories is that even when the adultry is so over the top, ( which in this story, it was not) as soon as the papers are served , the sluttiest, nastiest most hateful cheating slut, becomes remorseful, and only concerned with saving her marriage. Guys, get real. Any bitch who goes down to the hood and pulls 15 man gang bangs, is not going to be worried about her marriage. Please don't insult us by having her poor husband taking the piece of shit back. Please, just pull the lever and flush it. Obviously, I am a burn the bitch kind of guy, but in this story her disrespect at the Christmas party was worse than the handjobs. I can accept their reunion at the end.But, once again, I probably would have been gone after the Christmas party.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous