All Comments on 'Requited Ch. 04'

by herdirtymind

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
curiousaudreycuriousaudreyalmost 3 years ago

Poor Ash. It just struck that he used them taking a break as an excuse to fully indulge in his thoughts of Andy, knowing he's gonna get back to her anyway. No accountability whatsoever, this is what settling looks like. West says a lot of things about how insecure he'd feel seeing Ash with someone else but it's only noise and only because he doesn't want to be alone. If he can't have Andy then he'll have Ash.

West is actually not a very likeable person. All that talk about the fedora dude being pretentious when he's the biggest phony of them all.

Hutchison12Hutchison12almost 3 years ago

Imagine my joy when I see a new chapter is up, I swear I just want to firstly hug West, then grab Andy and bang (figuratively) their heads toghther, like really... have absolutely loved this chapter and the required-unrequited series, thanks again for sharing these guys with us, amazing work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I disagree that West is very unlikable despite him doing some very unlikable things. Same for Andy. What amazes me about this second series (West’s POV) is that when you read it as it’s written, it is entirely unclear how Andy feels, if he has any romantic feelings for West. Without reading Unrequited, a reader would assume no or at least be uncertain. That was the same as in the first series, where there were inklings but no certainty about how West truly felt for Andy. Yet in both it is very clear how each is desperately in love with the other and had been from the very start. I suppose that is how each perceived it - clueless - and that’s why they never had the brave, honest communication that would’ve resolved all of this chaos. Though each man couldn’t see it, others could. Ash did, and teased West and treated it like a joke because she couldn’t deal with it being the truth. Tyler likely could, but we all know why Tyler wouldn’t admit it and encourage anything. Sarah had to see it - she seems very astute and smart. I wonder why she never said anything to either of them - even just to encourage them testing the water or giving an inch or two to close the gap from both sides?

Reading how West felt, as he knew Andy was having sex with Oren, was heartbreaking. Probably the same ways Andy felt when West was with Ash (which probably was even worse). But does anyone else think it’s weird that Andy would repeatedly sneak off (without a word) to have sex when he had visiting friends/guests at his beach house for the weekend(s)? He just left West alone by the fire, on the beach, in his room, or the whole group the last weekend?! Seems massively rude and disrespectful. I mean he had all week to spend with Oren if that’s what he wanted. Why’d he have to repeatedly take time away from his guests for it?

MarkissMarkissalmost 3 years ago

I share everything Hutchison12 said. I really like this side of the story, if as painful as its predecessor, it really helps you understand why things turned out the way they did. Not even once occurred to me that West could be feeling unloved. Through Andy's lenses it seemed like it was a perfectly crafted and playful pull-and-push kinda dynamic and that West was unshakeable in his confidence and light-heartedness. That he is in fact feeling unloved and rejected not only as a potential lover but as a friend is heartbreaking, specially bc he thinks of Andy as his best friend. ouch. The fantasy about Andy looking at him tenderly fucking destroyed me.

After Unrequited I had a really hard time finding something that took its place, so I'm really thankful for you writing this, I kinda missed them. I can't wait to read next chapters and whatever other story you write.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

this story is the only thing keeping me alive right now… ugh i’m in love

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I know you said that the ending will be different -- I'll be distraught if they don't get together!!! lol

RobJasperRobJasperalmost 3 years ago

West has such conflicted longing and lust for Andy....feels like we are inside his head for sure. Look forward to reading more....

herdirtymindherdirtymindalmost 3 years agoAuthor

I submitted the next chapter on 10 June, but it’s still pending - sorry, but it’s out of my hands. Hopefully, it will go live in the next day or two.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Truly beautiful. Heartbreaking, but beautiful. I don't really know how to articulate what my feelings are towards this story and the unrequited-verse as a whole, but I can say that I feel for it deeply and that I admire your ability to give this characters so much, let's say, threedimentionality.

Oh and to the other anon, I too was like Andy wtf. But tbh, what surprised me the most in this chapter was that Andy invited West to his house. Like, I may be wrong, but I had the impression Andy was constantly in this kinda tortured state(? trying to set some distance between himself and West. I know this was vacation and them not seeing each other at all would be pretty extreme, but Andy making the move of inviting West staying over for various weekends really surprised me. Anyway, with this ~tortured state~ in mind, I took the sneaking out to fuck Oren as a way to, idk, escape of the constant presence of West. I just imagine Andy must be about to combust here. It may be a bit rude if they didn't know each other so much but personally, if a friend disappeared for a bit to hook up with someone I wouldn't really be mad? Specially if I'm staying a few days and we used to fuck other people with the other sleeping right there. Of course this is aggravated by West feeling like shit tho.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userherdirtymind@herdirtymind
I'm Jesse H Reign AKA herdirtymind, and I write contemporary MM romance. Please note that I own the copyright to the following work published on www.literotica.com : Bent Bent Backwards Unrequited Requited Copyright © 2021 Jesse H Reign and herdirtymind All rights reserve...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Requited Ch. 03 Previous Part
Requited Series Info