Requited Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Quantum geometry just makes sense to you, huh? Must be weird to be in your head."

"It has its moments."

I pick up my bag and double check to make sure I have my student card and everything else I'll need for the exam. As I head out the door, he says, "Hey, West, I'll go too. I'll go for a test when I take my break."

The flurry of excitement that hits me when I hear his words, nearly knocks me clean over.

* * * * *

As expected, the exam goes without a hitch. As I walk out the hall, I feel a wave of elation. I've imagined this moment so many times. Over the last few months, every time I've thought of it, it's been clouded with uncertainty and dread. Worry about leaving. Worry about what the future holds. Worry about the course my life was set on with Ash. Now, I walk out into the late afternoon sun and I feel nothing but free.

Free.

I go out with The Nerds. A lot of them are staying on next year, to advance their degrees. Careers in academia call to most of these guys. We head out for a bite and then we go to a bar. It's a little quiet. There isn't a great vibe, so after a while, someone suggests we head to The Pardon.

My chest clenches a little at the suggestion. Ash loves that place. She wrote her last exam today, too. I have a bad feeling about it, but when I try to suggest calling it a night, I'm thwarted by at least five or six guys. Believe me, given the right circumstances, these math geeks like to let their hair down and tonight, the circumstances just are right.

As soon as I walk in, I feel a change in the weather. I feel mild tremors, but they quickly grow stronger. I cast my eye around the room, and I see the cause. A tiny tornado is blowing a gale. She's causing one hell of a raucous. She's dancing on a table. She's wearing skin-tight black leather pants and a black tank top that shows her mid-rift. Her eyes are heavily made up. It's not make-up. It's war paint. She has a bottle of vodka in one hand and tequila in the other. There are a sea of guys moving around her. Heaving. Breathing. She's dancing like gravity means nothing to her. Like it's just one of the many laws that don't apply to her.

She looks up and for a second, our eyes meet. I smile and raise my hand to wave. She raises her eyebrows and smiles ever so slightly. She acknowledges me politely. The way you react to a person you hardly know. She says something to the guy in front of her. I'm too far away to hear what she says, but he falls to his knees, so I have a feeling I know what she said.

I say my good-byes decisively this time and head out. I leave alone and walk down the quiet street, playing the scene I just witnessed over in my head.

I'm glad I saw her.

If that's the last time I ever see Ashleigh McKinnon, I'm glad I saw her like that. In her natural habitat. Majestic. All kinds of crazy and totally out of control. About to unleash a trail of untold destruction on someone else's life.

I walk down the street. It's noiseless and peaceful. It's perfect. It's calm. I feel my heart in my ribcage. Beating steadily. I feel Andy, too. I feel him in my chest. He's waiting for me. I can feel it. Nothing has ever felt better. Nothing has ever made me happier, than knowing that.

* * * * *

"How did the exam go?" He asks.

"Eh, good."

"Just good, or did you ace it?"

I grin. I knew he was going to say this, before he said it. I knew, because it's exactly what he always says. "I aced it."

"Well, congratulations, West. You've just earned a degree at one of the most prestigious universities in the country, without applying yourself once."

I take a smug little bow and laugh. He smiles back. He's smiles one of those smiles, I feel in my balls.

"Did you get all your work done?" I ask.

"Yeah, I got a lot done today. I'm ready for tomorrow."

"Oh," I say, nodding slowly, "is there anything else you'd like to do, if you don't need to study?"

"Yeah, there is."

"What's that?" I ask hopefully.

"I want to talk." His voice lowers when he says it. He tilts his head down slightly. He's close to me, it feels warm. I feel him turning up the heat.

"What do you want to talk about?"

He smiles a smile that is nothing short of pure evil, "I guess, I want to talk about whether you've ever put stuff up your butt."

"What?" I exclaim, I'm so shocked I can't help laughing.

"You asked," he says reasonably, "and that's what I want to talk about." He's standing closer to me now. He's leaning in. His mouth is so close, I can feel his breath on the side of my face, "Well?"

Even though I feel a little parched and I'm still giggling nervously, I nod. He smiles slowly. A slow, sexy smile. He's pleased. "What?" He asks.

I don't feel terribly sure I can talk without squeaking, so I hold up two fingers. He takes my fingers in his hand. He holds them firmly. Possessively.

"Ashleigh's?" When he says her name, I see a flicker. Maybe a flicker of jealousy, or concern. I'm not sure, but I don't dwell on it because I like where this conversation is headed.

I nod, and then I pull him towards me, and whisper, "Mine, too."

His eyes light up and he smiles a smile I know now, but one I had no idea existed less than a week ago.

"Go to my room." He says, and I do.

12