All Comments on 'Rescuing a Snow Angel Ep. 06'

by dmallord

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
ArdieffArdieffabout 3 years ago

Thank you for ending it properly. Enjyable tale ;-)

Crusader235Crusader235about 3 years ago
Oh my

Oh my God, possibly two wives, and a new Baby, oh you poor psychotic Bastard. Loving this series, Five Stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Sally left to easily, what was Carmen's response?

What about the Muller case?

More please, really enjoyed so far.

Kevin.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Keep writing, so much potential to your story and style

dmallorddmallordabout 3 years agoAuthor
For Kevin's Comment

Sally left too easily, ... Well, she had waited a year, pining for Jimmy to take an interest in her, you may recall. Then her father's influence on Jim's employment situation was a great factor. That coupled with the father's knowledge of Jimmy's mental history would certainly have encouraged the colonel to favor Mortenson over Jim Rawlings. What caring father wouldn't push her in that direction? Sally, being closer to Jim's age, is also at the age when girls are pondering remaining as unattached women, so it was a case of 'if you can't love the one you want, then love the one you can get' or a case of 'the rebound affect' on 'what's love got to do with it?' [FYI the Tina Turner song came many years after the timeline for this story - but it fits so nicely here that I took some writer's prerogative and used it anyway.]

What was Carmen's response? ... Nice hook, don't you think? Keeps the reader drawn into the storyline, right? ;-) I think most readers will draw their own conclusion of that aspect, depending on their moral compasses.

What about the Muller case? ... And yet another hook, enticing the reader to return!

More please, really enjoyed so far. ... Thanks. I'm glad you enjoyed the storyline. I liked it as well; it offered me a chance for some cathartic release; that psychological release linked to my own past war conflicts: Self-therapy via writing about the past!

Perhaps, the Muller storyline deserves an episode of its own. I'll give that some thought.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

YOUR CREATIVITY IS EXCELLENT ! Setting up a number of possibilities, addressing them, then pulling it all together. This series created a number of questions / introspection which was and is good.

THANK YOU !

LitCritLitCritabout 1 year ago

Well done, and nicely wrapped up! As for the comments asking for more, that may be another story for another day - this one is as done as any story can be. Life goes on and new stories start every day - so on to the next! 5 Stars!

sg1010sg101012 months ago

Yes! I was captivated in reading this series that you created. Although, I think it was / is pure fiction, I could relate to their relationships. Although I left school with some things that I could put into practice, INTERPERSONAL RELATIONS WAS NOT ONE OF THEM. It has become trial & error, I am a ways from mastering it.

THANK YOU !

JimDiamondJimDiamond4 months ago

Well, I finished these stories last night, and enjoyed them. Thank you.

About 35 years ago something happened to me that was about 20 years late, but was meaningful, so I will pass it along. WELCOME HOME BROTHER! That happened to me when a Vet friend introduced me to his large extended family of Native Americans. Native people always did welcome us back, even in large ritual ceremonies, when the rest of America really did not. The young man held my hand when I began to pull it back, and said with emotion, "I mean it brother, Welcome Home!". What followed was that entire large family of about 20 people doing the same with hard hand shakes or hugs from the women. By the end, with tears in my eyes, I actually felt "Welcome" at last. They told me they started that when my friend returned, and any "Brother" of his, was welcome home as well. I, fortunately, was able to do that same with sons coming home from Iraq and Afghanistan. One who did it seven times still got the same welcome each time, even if he was a fool for doing that many times. Luckily, he retired this year, so he finally is back for good. So, you stay above ground and keep telling those stories for us and again, Welcome Home Brother!

dmallorddmallord4 months agoAuthor

@JimDiamond

Damn. You brought a few tears out just now. You, too; I'm glad your family got home safe and sound. I'm fearful with this latest mess around the other side, we are going to be dragged back in. War never seems to be followed by peace anywhere for very long. Some assholes are there to screw with it over some ideological crap, it seems. Who the hell said, "Give Peace a Chance."

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userdmallord@dmallord
I followed the 'orphan to soldier' path that many others have. Found myself embroiled in the Vietnam mess - on the wrong side of the POW trauma. I lost some fingers and damaged a hand over there. Coming home to an unwelcoming nation, I stayed low and out of sight - still avoid...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES