Resistance: Chimeran Allies Ch. 03

Story Info
Resistance AU where some Chimera are allies.
7.2k words
4.71
648
00
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 3.

The Black Ops soldier fell to the ground, not from the spikes shooting out and impaling him, but from someone tackling him from behind, shoving him against the metal barrier he had been using as cover, the person covering his body with their own, using their arms to cover his head.

Not a second later the spikes embedded themselves into the cover, the soldier hearing them whistle overhead where he had just been. There was a commotion in the hanger, soldiers yelling in alarm, and then Bullseye fire sounded from close by, too close.

The Black Ops soldier saw a hand planted next to his head, a pale hand tipped with claws at the end. Realization dawned on him and he flipped himself over, coming face to face with an Advanced Hybrid.

The creature had no regular eyes, instead, a sensor device was in place where its eyes would have been, glowing sensors replacing them. Its body was heavily armored, aside for its arms, which for some reason were bare.

It stared at him, cocking its head at him, perhaps wondering what he was going to do. Before he could do anything though, Bullseye fire sailed overhead, the Hybrid ducking down, its metal forehead knocking into his helmet, the creature raising its right hand up, using its Bullseye to shield itself.

It backed away a bit, staring at him for a second before standing up, firing out at targets he could not see. He stared at it for several seconds, then stood up, looking around, seeing another Hybrid had placed itself near the wounded soldiers, the X-Ray soldier noting that they had been disarmed, their pistols lying on the ground nearby.

He then looked over to where X-Ray 6 and the British soldier had been, seeing 2 regular Hybrids lying dead on the ground, another Advanced Hybrid next to them, firing out at the doorway. Both of the human soldiers were wounded, but still alive, X-Ray 6 looked to be in bad condition though.

He then turned back to look where Sergeant Hale and Cartwright had been, seeing 2 Advanced Hybrids standing near them, both Sergeant Hale and the Royal Marine Commando having been disarmed, but left unharmed.

He then looked to the hanger itself, seeing the charge had been routed, but not by the humans, no, human firearms didn't cause such destruction to living creatures, the severe damage these creatures had taken had been dealt by a Mark 2 Bullseye, the weapon nicknamed "Blue Death" by British soldiers for how effective it was at maiming and killing.

Some of the British soldiers were aiming their rifles at the Advanced Hybrids, but they weren't firing, seeing the creatures firing at other Chimera making them hesitate.

A few of them were looking at X-Ray 1, including X-Ray 5, and he knew why. They had all heard the report from X-Ray 4 saying he had seen Hybrids fighting other Hybrids. Command didn't know what to make of it, and when they tried to radio him, there had been no response, Command assuming he was KIA.

The fire in the hanger grew quiet, the attacking Hybrids had been killed, and there seemed to be no more reinforcements coming. The Hybrid that had saved him was aiming at the door, but as the seconds went by with no Chimera firing into the hanger, the creature slowly lowered its weapon, taking stock of its situation, looking around at the hanger.

It warily stared at the British who were aiming their rifles at it, it did not raise its rifle at them though. There was a groan nearby, and the X-Ray soldier and the Hybrid looked over, seeing one of the Advanced Hybrids walking over, X-Ray 6's arm draped over its neck, the Hybrid effortlessly supporting most of his body weight.

The British soldier was walking behind the Hybrid, holding his arm close to his chest, grimacing. "The buggers bit him, another one broke my arm, and then... this thing saved us... pelting the Hybrids with fire... What the hell is going on here?"

X-Ray 1 turned back to the Hybrid that had saved him, looking it over. The Hybrid returned his gaze, those glowing orbs seeming to stare right through him. It was also looking him up and down, cocking its head as it stared at the man, no doubt wondering who he was, what he was wearing.

It then looked down at the ground, stooping down and picking up his Carbine, looking it over before looking back at the soldier. It seemed to consider for a second, then extended its hand, offering the rifle to the soldier.

He stared at the Hybrid for a second before slowly reaching out, taking it from the Hybrid's hand. He took a step away from the Hybrid, looking around and surveying the room. "Ok... We need to..." He turned to X-Ray 6, seeing the wounded man still being held by the Hybrid. "Ok, we need to get to a secure place to take care of our wounded. Let's move everyone inside the lift."

The soldiers glanced at each other before heading towards the wounded. The Hybrid in front of X-Ray 1 turned around, growling orders to the other Hybrids in the hanger, the one closest to the wounded looked them over, seeing one soldier looking very weak, clutching a wound in his belly.

The other soldiers were mostly capable of moving, either being helped along by their comrades, or strong enough to make the short distance themselves, this wounded soldier was making no effort to get up though, the Hybrid moving over to assist.

It moved the soldier's hands away, the soldier groaning as a massive wound was revealed. The Hybrid stared at it for a second before setting its Bullseye down, pulling out a canister of Sym-Bac from one of its pouches.

"That stuff doesn't work on humans, we've already tried using it before." The Hybrid ignored the nearby soldier's words, pouring the liquid into the wound. The Hybrid poured half the container into the wound, sealing the container and putting it back in its pouch, watching as the liquid began to dissolve, rebuilding his body.

"What the hell? It shouldn't work on humans..."

The wounded soldier was barely awake, the Hybrid turning to a nearby British soldier, thrusting its Bullseye into his hands. The British soldier looked at the weapon in confusion, the Hybrid quickly losing its patience, pushing the Bullseye against the soldier again, the soldier finally grabbing the weapon out of its hands.

The Hybrid then turned back to the soldier on the ground, leaning closer and effortlessly scooping up the soldier. The Hybrid then stood up, walking to the elevator where most of the soldiers were waiting now.

3 of the Advanced Hybrids were covering the door, the 2 that were next to Sergeant Hale and Cartwright were still there, and the 2 humans had now rearmed themselves, also aiming at the door, wary of the Hybrids presence, but tolerating them.

The Hybrid that had saved X-Ray 1 was still next to him, and as it saw that all the wounded were in the elevator it called to its companions, gesturing for them to come.

Lieutenant Cartwright had turned around to look too, and as he saw that everyone was in the hanger he turned to Hale. "Let's get the hell out of here!"

They retreated back to the elevator, X-Ray 1 and the Hybrid covering them as they also pulled back to the elevator. As soon as they were all inside one of the Hybrids activated the controls, sending the lift up into the tower.

"Bloody hell..." One of the soldiers leaned against the wall of the lift, letting his rifle hang off his sling, raising a hand to his face. A lot of the soldiers were still wary of the Hybrids, but their mood was a lot more relaxed now, knowing they weren't facing imminent death.

One soldier pulled out his canteen, taking a draw from it, then walking over to the wounded, offering it to one of them. The Advanced Hybrids were also tending to the wounded, taking their Sym-Bac canisters and using them to heal the wounded.

The Hybrid that had been holding X-Ray 6 was still next to him, and as X-Ray 1 stared at the soldier, he finally got a good look at the wound. The man had been bitten on his left shoulder, blood seeping through deep wounds. Had the Hybrid who attacked him been just an inch more to his right, it would have gotten his neck.

The Advanced Hybrid was also pouring Sym-Bac into his wounds, some of it spilling out and staining his uniform. X-Ray 1 looked at the Hybrids, seeing all of them aiding the wounded, and it made him think back to X-Ray 4's report from earlier.

He reached up to his radio, pressing the button that activated it. "X-Ray 1 to Command." The other soldiers in the elevator turned to look at him, along with the Advanced Hybrids.

"X-Ray 1, good to hear your voice, what's the status of your squad?"

"No additional X-Ray units have been KIA, X-Ray 6 is wounded, though he will likely be recovering very soon. Grayskin is still active, the British have suffered extensive casualties though. Command, be advised, X-Ray 4's report of infighting among the Chimera is confirmed."

The soldiers had now all been healed, and as he looked at them, he watched them slowly stand up, seeing them examining where their wounds had been. X-Ray 6 stood up too, rubbing the spot where his bite wound had been.

"Copy that X-Ray. Do you know how extensive the infighting is?" Upon hearing the soldier mention X-Ray 4, the Hybrid next to him grabbed him by the shoulder, turning him towards the sealed door, pointing at it. It then turned him to face it, and it tried to speak.

"X... Ray... Fooour..." The Hybrid struggled to put the words out, the words garbled and strained, but just barely clear enough to understand. It gestured to door again as it said that.

"Uh... Unknown at this time. We were rescued by 5 Advanced Hybrids, the Hybrids took out 50 Chimera about to overwhelm us. They are here with us right now, healing our wounded, one of them was just talking to me, and it seems like X-Ray 4 may still be alive." Upon hearing the soldier say that, the Hybrid relaxed itself, nodding its head at the human.

"Please confirm, there are 5 Advanced Hybrids with you, and they are not being hostile?"

"Confirmed." The X-Ray soldier waited for the response, but when it came, it was just a simple standby.

The X-Ray soldier sighed, leaning against the glass and letting his arms hang. As soon as he did that though, the Hybrid reached to him, grabbing him by the vest and pulling him away. He looked at the Hybrid, wondering why it did that, but then the elevator began to slow down, coming to a stop, its door opening.

xxxxxx

The Steelhead set X-Ray 4 down, the Type-2 Hybrid informing him they were near the elevator. As they rounded a corner, they came up to the elevator, the Hybrids that had been guarding it sent down to aid the soldiers down below.

"My Queen says they are coming up the lift. She says that there are four of your soldiers in there, along with several other British soldiers." The soldier turned to the Hybrid as it said that.

"Only 4? Fuck, one of them must've gotten hit. What about the Hybrids sent down to rescue them?" It was odd for the soldier, caring about a Hybrid, and whether or not it had been killed. His entire career had been spent killing Chimera, and now, here he was, standing next to a Hybrid that had saved his life several times now, the soldier also having saved its life.

"All of the Hybrids are okay, the soldiers in the elevator are tolerating them quite well, considering they do not know what is going on yet."

The soldier nodded at that, feeling relief knowing that his squad and the British hadn't mowed down Hybrids that were trying to help them.

He sighed, moving over to the wall, leaning up against it, the Type-2 looking at him curiously before coming over.

"Christ, there's so much to fucking unpack, there's an entire army attacking this place that don't know you're actually friendly, my squad's coming up the lift, no doubt wondering why a group of Advanced Hybrids saved them, and they're gonna be looking to me for the answers, and I still don't even know what the fuck is really going on!"

The next thing the soldier knew, he was turned, facing the Hybrid, the creature having placed a hand on his shoulder and pulling him closer.

He could feel the body heat of the Hybrid through his clothing, the creature's warmth soothing in the close to freezing conditions in the tower.

Every single cell in his body should have been telling him to run away from the fanged mouth and claws of the Hybrid, but the man felt no fear for this creature, not even flinching as the Hybrid pulled him closer.

"You are not the only one with these feelings, but we will make this work." The Hybrid's words eased his worries, the human nodding, the soldier finding it reassuring knowing that he wasn't the only one worried about how the situation would turn out.

There was a whir nearby, the Hybrid stepping away from the human as a lift began to appear.

They could see inside the lift, seeing British soldiers, along with his squad, the men bristling, preparing to raise their weapons as they spotted the Chimera outside the lift, but then X-Ray 1 noticed his squadmate standing next to the Type-2, the soldier seeing X-Ray 1 gesturing to keep their weapons lowered.

The lift came to a stop, its door lowering, the soldiers slowly stepping out, eyeing the new Hybrids warily. X-Ray 1 was also wary of the new Hybrids, but he made his way to X-Ray 4, an Advanced Hybrid staying near him.

"X-Ray 4, good to see you're..." He trailed off, looking at the soldier's tattered uniform where bullets had hit it. The soldier noted that his chest had been hit, right where his radio was, realizing that was why he couldn't respond or hear anyone. "What the hell happened to you?"

"I was pelted by Bullseye fire, not by any of these Hybrids here, the Type-2 here saved me." X-Ray 4 then walked closer to X-Ray 1.

"Sir, we need to call off the attack now, the Type-2 here told me that the Angel commanding this tower has turned against all the other ones, every single Hybrid in this tower is an ally."

There was shocked voices all around, the human soldiers moving closer to hear the conversation, X-Ray 4 noting that one of the men was Sergeant Hale, the soldier watching with keen interest.

"Have you been able to confirm this, have you seen the Angel?"

"Not since I first saw it in the hanger, no, but the other dead Angels in there were killed by Bullseye fire, and I could see poison spikes embedded in their bodies, along with the rogue Angel. Everything we've seen matches what the Type-2 told me though. Sir, we've gotta call off the assault now."

One of the British soldiers nearby scoffed at that. "Mate, there is no bloody assault, the yanks are getting hammered all to hell in the streets."

Upon hearing that, X-Ray 4 turned back to X-Ray 1. "Sir?"

"There's Chimera pouring into the city, units are being blocked in by pods from the dropships, several companies are seperated from the main force."

It was then that the Type-2 spoke. "My Queen is listening in to the conversation, she can send Hybrids and Stalkers to secure the cutoff companies and lead your force to the tower, the stalkers can walk over the pods, you need to inform your forces that we are not the enemy though."

X-Ray 1 was now looking past the 2 in front of him, examining the massive amount of Hybrids in front of him. "Ok, Corporal, I believe you." He then called one of the British radiomen over, also calling X-Ray 2 over.

"Ok, Brit, inform your Command of what's going on, tell them to expect... unusual reinforcements." He then gestured for the Type-2 to come over. "Ok, Hybrid, we have multiple cut off companies, and the main force is being hammered too, our guys will have no way to tell you apart, fortunately the attacking Chimera haven't gotten Stalkers through yet, I'm assuming you have Stalkers in the tower, so I want all your Hybrids advancing with a Stalker. X-Ray 2, inform Command of what's going on, let them know who're allies and who aren't."

The Type-2 spoke up again. "We have several thousand Hybrids in the tower, along with about 30 Stalkers, and 13 Titans, we can provide fire support while your force retreats towards the safety of the tower."

X-Ray 2 took the time to speak his mind. "Sir, are we really doing this?! For all we know this is all just one giant trap!"

X-Ray 1 was now turning around, walking back towards the elevator. "I don't see any other option, trooper. We've got 5,000 Rangers and 100 tanks out there about to get royally fucked. Now, let's go!"

A few British soldiers were jumping up now, looking at the Black Ops soldier in shock. "Are you bloody crazy?! You want us to go back out there?"

"There's a company right down the street that came to try and save our asses, now we're going to save theirs. Fall in!" A few British grumbled and voiced their displeasure at going back into the fire, but they stood up, making their way into the elevator, the soldiers now relieved to see the Advanced Hybrids moving in next to them.

The rest of the squad was also moving towards the elevator, X-Ray 2 in a heated conversation with Command and the commanders on the ground, trying to tell them NOT to shoot at the fanged, clawed creatures that would be approaching them soon.

"Oy, yank." X-Ray 4 turned over, seeing a British Royal Marine Commando, Lieutenant Cartwright, according to his nametag, standing next to him. "Don't suppose you could spare a few rounds from your Fareye? I've only got half a magazine left."

X-Ray 4 pulled out 3 of his magazines, handing them to the Lieutenant, the Commando voicing his thanks. The Black Ops soldier seemed to be one of the few who still had a good stockpile of ammo, having not been in heavy combat yet.

He turned back to look at the Type-2, nodding for the creature to follow into the elevator, the Hybrid turning back and growling orders to its companions, the other Hybrids following.

All the human soldiers had been healed by the Advanced Hybrids earlier, even the ones with nothing more than minor scratches, and as they all piled into the elevator they were joined by the Hybrids. As much as could fit anyway.

Between the humans and the Chimera there was probably 70 waiting to board the elevator. All the humans were in, along with the Advanced Hybrids, the Type-2, and the Hardfang.

The elevator was very full by this point, a few British soldiers gesturing for the remaining Hybrids to wait for the lift to come back, however, there were 4 Steelheads who thought otherwise.

The massive creatures shoved past the other Hybrids waiting to board, entering the elevator and pushing past the Hybrids and humans to get to the front of the elevator, a few of the occupants forced against the wall, one British soldier being crammed right up against one of the Steelheads, the creature trying to shift to give the soldier a bit more space.

Although now very cramped, the soldiers were glad to have the Steelheads in the hanger, not just because they were massive creature measuring around 10 feet tall and weighing several hundred pounds, but because of their Auger that every Steelhead wielded.

The Auger was quite possibly the deadliest weapon in the Chimera's arsenal. It was a massive weapon, weighing about 40 pounds, capable of firing radiation rounds that made all cover completely useless, the radiation capable of passing right through it, severely burning anyone unfortunate enough to be on the recieving end.

And as if the ability to completely negate cover wasn't bad enough, the weapon could also deploy force fields capable of stopping every known weapon from penetrating it, but still allowing Auger rounds to penetrate, allowing a Steelhead to rapidly deploy cover and return fire on soldiers powerless to protect themselves.

A Hybrid near the controls activated them, sending the elevator down, the Steelheads bringing their Augers to bear, ready to shoot out their barriers, protecting the occupants from any Hybrids that might be waiting down below.