Resistance: Chimeran Allies Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

X-Ray 4 inquired more about the status of the assault, the British and his squad informing him of the sorry state it was in. Several companies had been split off from the main group, seperated by Chimeran drop pods blocking the streets, blocking their armor in, the American soldiers forced to dig in and try not to be overrun.

The main group itself was not doing much better, hunkering down and sending soldiers into the buildings and onto the roofs with LAARKs, Light Anti Armor Rocket launcher, to take out drop ships attempting to block them off.

X-Ray 2 spoke up, saying he finally managed to convince Command to not fire on any Hybrids coming out of the towers, along with the imposing Stalkers that would be following them.

Aside from that, the lift was mostly silent, whispers among the British soldiers and the whir of the elevator all they could hear.

A minute later, the lift came into view of the hanger, the Steelheads raising their rifles, but they were not met by gunfire, the hanger deathly silent.

The reason was immediately obvious, a Stalker idling outside the hanger, its weapons aimed outside, multiple dead Hybrids piled up around it, massive holes shot through them, made by the machine's massive AA machine gun and rocket launcher.

The Steelheads walked out of the elevator, seeming to not care about the Stalker at all, the Type-2 noticed none of the soldiers moving forward, shoving past them to see why.

"The Queen has sent a Stalker to aid us, a Titan should be coming soon too, it will not fire on you, do not stand too close to it though."

The soldiers finally began to file out of the elevator, many of them still looking uneasily at the Stalker, it was hard to fault them though.

The Chimera had many weapons, but their deadliest was probably the Stalker. It was a 4 legged vehicle, resembling a spider, at its head was a sealed cockpit, 2 Hybrids able to command the vehicle, one acting as a spotter and gunner, manning a light machine gun on top of the head, along with the rocket launcher and AA cannon mounted to the sides of the head.

Just one of these vehicles was capable of taking down massive amounts of aircraft, this vehicle being responsible for destroying almost all of Britain's airpower, along with massacring the Americans heading to York, most of them taken out while in the VTOLs.

The Stalker had originally been designed to take out aircraft, but eventually most of the aircraft was destroyed, the Stalkers using their massive firepower on infantry instead, one Stalker capable of bringing an entire infantry company to a stalemate.

Now though, these rogue Chimera were giving their distant comrades a taste of their own medicine, the regular Hybrids powerless to stop the massive vehicle.

The soldiers wondered if they should wait for the rest of the Chimera to arrive, but then they heard a distress call, the company nearby informing they were in danger of being overrun, and that they desperately needed reinforcements, the British radio operator informing them they were enroute, the soldiers moving with more purpose now, knowing there were other men in need of saving.

They moved out of the hanger, but then X-Ray 1 called to them.

"Hold here! We aren't saving anyone if we've got no ammo, grab the Bullseyes off the ground, rearm yourselves." He stooped down, letting his rifle hang as he picked up a bloodied Bullseye off the ground, looting a nearby dead Hybrid of its ammo, the other men also rearming themselves, with the exception of the Hybrids and X-Ray 4, the human and Hybrids still having plenty of ammo.

The Stalker was staying near the infantry, constantly staying on overwatch, occasionally firing at targets the soldiers couldn't see from where they were at.

Within a minute, the soldiers had all rearmed themselves. "Ok, let's move! Those guys don't have long!" X-Ray 1 moved forward, waving for everyone to follow, the Stalker beginning to move forward, staying a little ways ahead of the squad.

They could hear the gunfire in the distance, along with the occasional explosion of a tank firing, the men ducking as a dropship sailed overhead, fire spewing as it spun out of control, slamming into a building out of sight, the squad seeing a plume of fire and smoke rise up into the air as it exploded.

"The Yanks are putting up a good fight." Some of the British laughed, but X-Ray 1, along with Sergeant Hale, were more unsure, beginning to walk faster, their weapons still at the ready.

Suddenly another dropship flew overhead, hovering in the street in front of them, lowering as it prepared to drop its pod. The Stalker didn't wait, firing its AA cannon and its rocket launcher, the AA rounds piercing through into the pod, followed up by a rocket a second later.

The missile sailed into the craft, exploding and sending it out of control, the ship dropping its pod as it lifted off into the air, going up several hundred feet before quickly coming back down, coming to a crash several blocks away somewhere out of sight.

The drop pod did not fare much better, landing to the ground from a high height, along with being at an angle when it hit the ground, no doubt wounding many of the Hybrids in the pod. Still, the pod opened, several Chimera piling out, in a hurry to get out of it before the Stalker could fire on it again.

About 10 Chimera ran out of the pod, but they were quickly met by gunfire, the Hybrids not able to get a shot off as they were pelted by the combined firepower of the rogue Hybrids and the human soldiers.

The Stalker turned its weapons on the pod, peppering it with AA fire, sending 2 rockets into it for good measure, killing off any Hybrids that may have still been alive. With that done the Stalker began to move forward again, the soldiers moving along with it.

Gunfire could be heard all over the city, the British radioman picking up chatter from American units, hearing calls for reinforcements, along with casualty reports, the number steadily increasing.

The gunfire was getting louder now, the radioman going on the radio and informing the Americans that they were nearby, and not to fire at them.

An American soldier could be heard responding of the radio in a thick, Southern voice. "You best hurry! The armor's being overrun, we're pulling back into the buildings!"

The Stalker started picking up the pace, seeming to have heard the American on the radio. It quickly left the infantry behind, soon coming up onto a bend, turning its turret to the left, a hail of bullets pouring from its AA cannon as it raced forward, disappearing from view.

"Let's go!" X-Ray 1 ran forward, the Humans and Hybrids following, the latter quickly leaving the humans behind, coming around the bend and firing their Bullseyes on unseen targets.

The human soldiers came by a few seconds later, seeing the Stalker perched atop a drop pod, raining hell down on its victims below, X-Ray 4 hearing multiple roars as the AA rounds tore through the Chimera like butter.

The drop pod took up most of the street, the rogue Hybrids pushing forward to get around it, the Steelheads leading the charge. The human soldiers quickly followed, X-Ray 4 walking around the pod to see hundreds of Chimera piled up on the ground.

He could see that the force had been blocked in by multiple pods, on the side they had come from there was only one, but behind the Sabertooth tanks he could see 4 pods blocking the street, enough for 2 or 3 hundred Chimera.

The fighting had been deadly for the 2 forces, X-Ray 4 seeing multiple dead American soldiers lying on the ground, many near the buildings, having used rubble as cover, some were lying near the tanks though, having tried to support them and use them as cover.

The tanks had been overrun by the sheer amount of Chimera, the remaining American soldiers retreating into the buildings, firing down on the tanks that were practically covered in Chimera. There were 5 tanks in the group, 2 of them were inactive, but 3 were still firing on the horde, the crew inside not daring to open their hatches.

X-Ray 4 raised his rifle, taking aim at a Hybrid trying to pry open the commander's hatch of the tank furthest away, quickly hitting it in the chest, seeing the creature slump over on top of the hatch. The Stalker was firing on the Hybrids advancing on the tanks, but not the ones currently on the tanks, not willing to take the risk of the rounds penetrating the armor.

The Hybrids took notice that they'd been flanked, turning around and firing at the combined forces, the Steelheads sending out barriers in response, forming an impenetrable shield, the massive creatures taking careful aim, making sure their rounds weren't going to hit any allied forces or their armor. Many Hybrids focused their fire on the Stalker, but the machine's thick armor shrugged off the bullets, and fortunately there were no Steelheads around to kill the pilots manning it, the vehicle having free reign to tear apart the enemy.

Still, despite the Steelheads and the Stalker, they took some hits, an Advanced Hybrid falling to the ground as a shot hit its armor, the creature being hefted back up by its companions. Another British soldier fell to the ground, his helmet torn off his head as a Bullseye round hit it, the bullet thankfully going high enough to not hit his skull, the soldier stunned as a companion dragged him away.

The Hybrids did not have much time to get shots off, the Stalker turning its cannons on the Hybrids who'd noticed they'd been flanked, one Hybrid's legs being taken off, the creature falling to the ground. Still, despite its injuries, it still fought, X-Ray 4 seeing it level its weapon right at him.

He turned his rifle to fire at it, but the creature got the shot off first. 'Not again,' he thought, but as soon as that thought hit, so too did the Type-2 Hybrid next to him, knocking him over and landing on top of him just as the Bullseye rounds sailed overhead.

Both of them looked at the wounded Hybrid on the ground, seeing it get eviscerated by Bullseye and Carbine fire, not having a chance to get another shot off.

The soldier sighed, turning back to look at the Type-2. "God, that's the 3rd time you've saved me now, glad you're here."

The Type-2 seemed pleased to hear that, the human able to see its eyes blinking as it stared at him. The Hybrid huffed, seeming to laugh, reaching a hand up to his helmet, giving him a pat. "Hopefully it is the last time I have to do that."

It then propped itself up on his chest, putting its weight on him before standing to its feet, grabbing the human and hoisting him up as if he weighed nothing.

Back on his feet, he looked around, surveying the carnage.

The Hybrids which had just about overwhelmed this American company were now surrounded and boxed in, unable to find cover from the unending hail of gunfire coming from the American soldiers firing from the windows in the buildings, the 3 remaining tanks firing HE shells, and the Stalker and its supporting infantry.

Still, the creatures fought, X-Ray 4 taking aim at a group of Hybrids trying to get into another tank, faltering when he saw one of the Hybrids pry open the commander's hatch, the soldier inside grabbing it and pulling it back down, trying to close it. "Right side! They're getting in the tank!"

He took aim and fired at the Hybrid pulling on the hatch, letting off a shot, the Hybrid clutching its side and falling off the turret as the bullet hit it in below its armpit. Another Hybrid quickly took its place, lifting up the hatch just enough for another Hybrid to jam its fingers inside.

He took another shot, taking out another Chimera, but it seemed to be hopeless, the Chimera on the tank acting as shields for the ones trying to get inside.

He took aim at a 3rd Hybrid, but before he could fire, the creature spasmed, roaring as it was hit by a beam of electricity. He looked over to the right a bit, spotting the Hardfang, the creature having charged forward, now at the base of the tank, putting its weapon to use.

It shot out electricity as fast as it could, the energy arcing through the Chimera on the tank, making them spasm and collapse in a heap. One Hybrid turned on the Hardfang, but X-Ray 4 cut it down with a well placed shot to the head.

The Hardfang quickly climbed onto the tank, aiming at the remaining Hybrids, but it hesitated, the Hybrids pulling open the hatch and grabbing the human soldier, pulling him out. The Hardfang could not use its weapon without also harming the human.

The Hardfang scaled up to the turret with inhuman speed, X-Ray 4 barely able to trace its movements as it went for the Hybrid holding the human. There were 3 Hybrids left, one of them was turned away, firing at a building the American soldiers were hiding in, the 2nd one was holding the human, unaware of the enraged Hardfang behind it, the 3rd one was aware though, turning its weapon on it.

The creature was unable to get a shot off, both X-Ray 4 and Cartwright taking a shot at it, the creature falling off the tank.

The Chimera that was holding the human opened its mouth, preparing to sink its teeth into the soldier's flesh, the man desperately pushing back against the Hybrid, but he was no match for its strength.

The Chimera lunged forward, the soldier flinching, closing his eyes and turning his head away. No teeth came though, instead, the Hybrid let go of the human, the man falling back into the turret.

The soldier looked up, seeing the Hybrid, but also seeing a Hardfang behind it, the Hardfang dragging the Hybrid away, the Hardfang's Arc Charger pressed against its throat.

The Hybrid fought desperately, clawing against the weapon, trying to push it away, but the Hardfang was much stronger and in a better position, pullling the weapon tighter against the struggling Hybrid, crushing its throat.

The Hardfang let the Hybrid collapse, the dead Chimera slumping over its other fallen companions. It turned to look at the tank commander, seeing the human had cuts where the Hybrid's claws had landed, but other than that he was fine. There were still several Hybrids left though, the Hardfang turning when it heard a British soldier yell.

"Hybrids storming the far building, left side! Take them out now!" The British soldier was pointing towards a building, X-Ray 4 seeing 15 Hybrids around the front door, one Hybrid kicking in the door.

X-Ray 4 raised his Fareye, but he had no time to fire, the Hybrids quickly running into the building, only to then run back out, X-Ray 4 seeing 3 Hybrids run out of the building as fast as they could, throwing themselves to the ground.

Just as he was wondering why they did that, the answer became clear, a wall of fire coming out the door, 4 more Chimera quickly running out of it, covered in flames, roaring in pain as their skin blackened, the Hybrids curling up on the ground and dying.

2 American soldiers came out of the building, wielding small flamethrowers, the 2 men spraying fire over the 3 remaining Hybrids, the creatures dropping their weapons as they fell to the ground, writhing as they tried to put the fire out.

The 2 soldiers then turned their flamethrowers on the last remaining tank that was covered in Hybrids, covering the tank and the Hybrids in fire. The Hybrids fell off the tank, quickly succumbing to the flames, the creatures very susceptible to high heat.

The assault had been routed, the attacking Chimera unable to defend themselves from all the sides they were being fired on, the fire finally ceasing as as the last Hybrid fell.

Several soldiers were aiming their weapons at the newcomers, and one of the tanks could be seen turning its cannon towards the Stalker, but a heavy voice bellowed, "Hold your fire!" Coming out of the building was an American Ranger, a Captain, as evidenced by his rank being painted on his helmet.

The mixed squad of humans and Chimera came over, the Stalker staying on top of the pod to provide overwatch, its turret occasionally turning. More of the American soldiers were coming out now, some of them going over to the tanks, clearing the dead Chimera off of them, checking to see if the crews were ok.

Many of the Chimera were wary of the two soldiers wielding flamethrowers, constantly glancing at them, some of the Hybrids shying away from the front of the group, putting some distance between the pyros.

X-Ray 4 watched the Captain of the American company come over, greeting X-Ray 1. "God damn, didn't believe it when we heard their were some of these things that were friendly. If you'd arrived even a minute later we'd be dead."

As X-Ray 4 was listening to that, he was watching the American soldiers get to the 2 tanks that weren't active, the soldiers pulling the dead Hybrids away, revealing that the commander's hatches on both tanks had not been closed, allowing the Hybrids to get inside the tank. One of the tank commanders was lying on top of the turret, clearly dead, having been peppered by Bullseye fire before being dragged out of the turret so the Chimera could get in.

He turned back to the Ranger Captain, hearing him talk about how many soldiers were left. "2 tanks have lost their crews, and of our 150 men, we've only got around 60 left. The fuckers hammered us for awhile, those dropships kept coming in, we had men on the roof with LAARKs but some ships were still able to drop their troops."

X-Ray 1 lightly nodded, knowing what it was like to lose men in combat. "These rogues are sending out squads to rescue the cut off companies and bring them to the tower, that's our goal right now, once we've regrouped we can figure out what to do."

"What of our armor? Is that thing able to move these pods out of the way?" The Captain gestured to the Stalker.

"Unfortunately not, but I'm told we've got-"

"What in the name of god is that?!" One of the American soldiers was pointing down the street, where the imposing form of a Titan was approaching. It was a massive creature, weighing several tons and a bit taller than a Stalker, the creature wielding a dismounted rocket launcher that would normally be attached to the machines, the beast big enough and strong enough to wield it as if it were merely a rifle.

The Type-2 turned around, seeing the Titan, then it turned back to the Americans, quickly running towards them when it saw them raising their weapons, running in front of one man who was holding a LAARK. "Hold your fire, she's on our side!"

The men looked at the Hybrid in confusion before turning to the Captain, the man hesitating, unsure of what to do, looking to X-Ray 1. The man quickly addressing the soldiers, ordering them not to fire on the Titan.

The American soldiers still seemed unsure, many of them backing away as the Titan approached, some still had their rifles raised, but thankfully none of them fired, not that it would have made a difference, the Titan's skin was thick enough to shrug off the Carbine rounds like they were nothing more than paper cuts.

The Stalker turned its turret around to track the Titan as it quickly approached the group, the machine moving away as the Titan stopped in front of the pod the Stalker had been perched on.

The massive creature surveyed the area, seeming to deflate a bit when it realized that she had missed the fight. It peered off at the Sabertooth tanks, noticing the crews looking at it, and then it looked down at the drop pod, realizing what they wanted it to do.

It moved to the side where the openings were, the humans and rogue Hybrids moving away as they realized what it was about to do, the tank crews also noticing, going back into their tanks and revving the engines.

The Titan put a hand on it, lifting the massive pod up a little bit before letting it drop again, the creature turning and setting its massive weapon on the ground before moving back and trying again.