All Comments on 'Responsibility Ch. 26'

by DreamerByTheDiamonds

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

This story has just become... Depressing. And very, very rapey.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I wouldn’t say it’s “rapey

It’s always been on the depressing side of things, it’s a complex story about a young woman who’s homeland has been has been conquered. She was forced to marry the invader in a political alliance and whilst he did essentially force himself on her in the early days it sounds like she has grown to enjoy sex. It wouldn’t even have been considered as rape, she didn’t have the right to say no.

That said she’s still essentially imprisoned by her position and responsibilities, with no real friends by her side. Not uncommon for women throughout history where social status (and responsibilities) are bestowed by birth or marriage but can easily by removed by a male relative, bartered and sold as a commodity. Where the most dangerous thing a woman could attempt was to give birth as mentioned in the story. Medical care was ropey at best and contraception was virtually non existent, with the only foolproof method being abstinence, so for someone like the Emperor Irakly in the story he pretty much had to keep on ploughing through a string of wives...literally and figuratively.

Now we’ve got the mystery supernatural figure of *the tall maiden* in the mix just as the Emperor was about to go off conquering the world again in the style of Temüjin Borjigin (later aka; Genghis Khan), Emperor Qin Shi Huang (anglicised to Emperor Chin) or Alexander The Great.

So to empathise with Rahela, yeah she had a shitty deal handed to her in life basically it was the norm for women.

Still love the story! thanks for sharing.

Tess (uk)

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

So glad to see you back! Enjoying this story. Quite a complex and interesting protagonist you've got here!

pk2curiouspk2curiousover 3 years ago

The story didn't become rapey . It became less rapey . I do believe the Emperor is dead . Is this the end ? I pray not . Rahela will have many new adventures . Maybe even some in which she can open up as a an uninhibited , adventurous , happy lady .

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDreamerByTheDiamonds@DreamerByTheDiamonds
I'm really sick right now. There might be a delay for Old Blood and New. Well ... I'm a ghostwriter now. Yay! I've decided to make a Subscribe Star account! Donations are 100% optional but I am considering taking story requests. https://subscribestar.adult/dreamerbythediam...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES