All Comments on 'Restoring the Blades'

by LinBrimston

Sort by:
  • 1 Comment
AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Wonderfully wholesome, tender, and lovely. This is also amazingly written; I don’t know how long you’ve agonized over every typo but however long it took, this is perfect.

I’ve changed my mind on Delphine, believe it or not. Actually I’ve never thought about her quite like this, that there’s more to just dealing with the Blades’ Grandmaster than just humiliating her in fanfic sexual or otherwise. Nope: you took their conflict and used it to blossom into a relationship that has likely been simmering beneath the surface for a good while now. Now while I’m certain Delphine’s personal misgivings over Paarthurnax isn’t fully resolved yet, I’m confident that the Dragonborn later took her to meet the ancient dragon, because you know they’ve never actually met before and she’s prejudiced as fuck.

Allow me to speculate: when they arrive, the Greybeards greet them, the Dragonborn warmly and Delphine with suspicion. The Dragonborn defuses tension by patting Delphine’s belly, and tells the Greybeards he wants to visit their Grandmaster. They permit him. They visit Paarthurnax, the dragon’s surprised to see them, even moreso when the Dragonborn introduces Delphine as both someone who has (or is willing to) changed their mind and the mother of his child. He asks for the old dragon’s blessing, and if he would be willing to help teach the child as they grow older. Paarthurnax accepts, Delphine reconciles her inherited prejudice, and peace and justice is restored to Tamriel.

Whew. I understand I could have written that out in a story of my own, but I wanted to share my thoughts as to the potential aftermath of this lovely story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLinBrimston@LinBrimston
I write smut and lemons that live in my head rent-free. Author name is Lin Brimstone, please ignore the typo on this account ^^'