Return to the Land

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"No Cassie. We have reservations for supper and we are going. I am going to pay for the outfit and you're going to accept it. Now go on."

"Roger, Please! I can't let you do that. Just take me to Sears or Target or even Wal-Mart. I'm sure I can find something that'll do."

"NO Cassie. I don't want something that'll do. I want something that will bring out your true beauty and that will make you feel like the wonderful woman you are. Now go on please."

He turned her and gently pushed her toward the woman who was standing in front of the changing room. Cassie walked toward her with a sick smile on her face. Twice she looked back at Roger.

The first two dresses looked good on her but the third one! Oh, how she shone in it. It was a deep electric blue with a full skirt stopping at mid thigh. It had a plunging neckline and the back was open almost to her waist. The color set off the color of Cassie's eyes and made her hair glow. She looked Sassy, yet dignified and classy at the same time. Cassie stopped in alarm when she saw Roger's face. His mouth dropped open and he just stared. He made a twirling motion with his finger. When Cassie had completed the circle Roger had a huge smile on his face.

Roger looked at the Manager and said, "We'll take it. Now all we need is shoes, handbag and stockings." He looked at Cassie and said in a quieter voice, "And maybe some under things if Cassie wants..."

Thirty minutes later they were walking out the store. Roger was carrying a bag with Cassie's old clothes inside and she was wearing her new outfit. Her dress complimented Roger's suit perfectly. All eyes were focused on them as they walked through the mall and out to his truck.

Roger helped Cassie in her door then rapidly walked to his side and got into the truck. After he closed his door he turned to Cassie and stared at her. Cassie looked at him with a little fear and asked, "What?"

"You are just so beautiful. That outfit is so perfect for you. I'm just so amazed and so proud you came with me tonight."

Cassie felt tears gather at the corner of her eyes once more and she swatted Roger on the arm. "Oh, hush. You know I'm just a plain old country girl putting on airs. You know what I am and who I am and it's not beautiful or classy." Cassie smiled then and continued, "But thank you anyway. Now let's go. I'm famished and you did promise me supper."

Roger drove up to his favorite French Restaurant and turned off the engine after parking. Cassie was once more looking frightened. She turned to Roger and said, "Oh, Roger not here! I've heard it costs as much for one meal here as we spend for a week of food at home."

Once more Roger coerced her to accompany him. When they entered the restaurant the maitre de smiled and greeted Roger. "Mr. Dyer, how nice to see you again sir and with a beautiful lady this time too. Right this way please."

Cassie looked at Roger in shock when the Maitre De addressed him by name. She allowed Roger to place his hand in the small of her back and gently guide her to follow the Maitre De to their table. Cassie smiled up at the Maitre De when he pulled out her chair and seated her. She felt so special when he placed her napkin in her lap.

Cassie dithered way too long over her decision for her meal. She was horrified by the prices. Finally she allowed Roger to convince her that he really didn't care what she ordered or what it cost. Cassie ordered Chicken Ambassador and Roger ordered Medallions of Beef.

As soon as they ordered their drinks appeared followed quickly by their appetizers. Roger and Cassie finished their appetizers and visited a short while before their salad arrived. Like the appetizer, the salad was wonderful. Next came a small cup of soup, again it was excellent.

When she took the first bite of her entre Cassie moaned in almost orgiastic delight. She looked at Roger and said, "Oh, Roger this is the best meal I have tasted since I was a girl. The Ambassador is perfect. Thank you so much for insisting I come with you this evening. I think I could die happy right now."

After their excellent meal Cassie was sipping her after dinner port and savoring her dessert. Roger looked at her and said, "Cassie I know I promised you we could go to a movie. I just don't want to do that now. Would you be upset if we went dancing instead? If you really want to go to the show though we can."

Cassie felt fear grip her stomach when Roger asked if they could skip the movie. She was sure she had embarrassed him and he wanted to get her home as fast as he could so he could forget this evening ever happened. She had learned how to act in nice places when she worked with her parents but she didn't feel comfortable within one any longer. When she heard Roger ask if they could go dancing instead of to the show she got the most dazzling smile on her face he had ever seen. She said, "Oh, yes! I'm not a very good dancer but I would love to dance with you Roger."

Of course Cassie expected Roger to take her to some bar that had a small dance floor. Instead, he took her to one of the most expensive nightclubs in town. By now she was so used to his selections for the evening she didn't make another scene. She was still reluctant to enter however.

Neither of them was by any means an expert dancer but they danced and they had fun. Cassie's eyes sparkled and she had a constant smile on her face. After they had been there a few minutes one by one several men came up and asked her to dance. After she got over her surprise at them asking she became very firm. Not one of the men that asked her got to dance with her. If she and Roger didn't dance then she sat the number out.

Finally near one p.m. Roger said, "Cassie I need to go to the restroom then I suppose we need to call it a night if that's ok?"

Cassie smiled and said, "Fine. I'll be right here. I don't need to go again so I'll wait for you."

There was a line to get into the facilities. It took Roger nearly fifteen minutes to get back to Cassie. When he returned he found a large flashily dressed young man trying to get Cassie to dance with him. She told him no twice after Roger got within hearing. The man was reaching for her arm to pull her onto the floor. Roger heard him say, "Come on Honey. I know you are new here and don't know me but NO ONE refuses to dance with me. I'm Frank Nixon." He smiled at her.

Roger walked up and said, "Hey Buddy. The Lady said she didn't want to dance. Now why don't you go back to your table before there's trouble?"

The young man looked at Roger and snarled, "Butt out Asshole. This Lady and I don't need you butting into our business. She's going to dance with me for a while then we'll see if she still wants to be with a loser like you."

Cassie looked at Roger in relief and said, "Oh Roger. I was beginning to wonder where you were. Can we just get out of here now?"

The man had gotten a grip on Cassie's arm and he looked at her, then Roger. He said, "NO you can't get out of here. I own this club and I intend to dance with you. You'll leave when we're through." The man raised his hand over his head and snapped his fingers. A bouncer looked at him and began moving toward the three.

Once again the man turned toward Roger. He said, " As for you Asshole, I told you to get lost. Now move on before you get into more than you can handle."

Cassie looked at Roger then turned to the man holding her. Her foot flashed, connected and her assailant doubled over howling in pain. His hands moved to cup his nearly crushed testicles. Cassie spun on her heel and her raised foot connected with his face. His head rocked back with the shock of the kick and he collapsed onto the floor upsetting a table as he fell. Two very large bouncers had arrived and grabbed Roger and Cassie.

Roger and Cassie were held until the ambulance and police arrived. They were taken to the station for interrogation. Finally at nearly six a.m. they were released. The police had taken statements from those who had seen the conflict and decided to release Cassie pending the decision of the prosecuting attorney. Mr. Nixon had wanted to press charges for assault but the preponderance of evidence indicated he was the aggressor so they released Cassie and Roger after their questioning.

By the time they arrived home the help was opening the business for another day. All those who could see Roger's truck stopped and stared as he and Cassie got out of it. They had never seen either of them dressed up and especially not in what they could tell were horribly expensive clothes.

After they got into the house Cassie turned to Roger and collapsed into his arms crying mightily. She blubbered, "Oh, Roger, I'm so sorry. We had such a wonderful date then I ruined it. I'll understand if you never want to go out with me again."

She lay her head on his chest and her hand beside it as she felt him pull her to him tightly. Roger said, "Shhhh. I had a great time right up until you had to cold cock that asshole. I was about to punch him out when you took him down. That was awesome! I hope you never get angry with me! Now don't worry about it. I'm going to make him sorry he ever fucked with us."

Cassie looked up at Roger in surprise as he gently led her into his bedroom. She offered no resistance when he stripped her and pushed her toward the shower. She had just finished relieving herself when he walked into the room nude and began adjusting the water. Roger gently led her under the spray and washed her carefully and gently. By now Cassie was relaxing and she helped Roger clean himself.

After they were dry they moved to Roger's king sized bed and crawled into it. They moved together and Cassie lay her right arm and leg over Roger then laid her head on his shoulder. They were asleep almost before they had covered themselves. When the two lovers did not come to the office Allen came looking for them. He saw them cuddled together sleeping and smiled before he returned to work.

Later that morning Allen and the help had time to read the papers left by their customers and found the news article about Roger's and Cassie's arrest. They were in shock and dying to get the story from the horses mouth as it were. About two p.m. the two came sheepishly into the office where the next thirty minutes were spent answering questions and telling about the evening.

Later that afternoon Cassie heard Roger on the phone. She did not know whom he was talking to but she heard him say, "I don't care. I want that bastards ass. I want him hurting and I want it now. File whatever lawsuits you have to file for me and for Miss Sprightly. What he did is Bullshit. You know if he did that to us he has probably done it to others. See if you can find out if there are more women he has done that to. Get them involved if there is and you can talk them into joining our lawsuit. I want him crucified!"

Cassandra was aghast. She had never seen that side of Roger. He seemed like a totally different man when he was talking on the phone to the attorney. His eyes were steely and his face was set in a mask the likes of which she didn't want to see ever again. When she turned to leave the office door she saw Allen standing behind her.

Allen smiled and said, "Come on Cassie. It sounds like Roger has things well in hand. I sure wouldn't want to be in Nixon's shoes with Roger as angry at him as he is. That man goes for the jugular when he gets his balls in an uproar. I've seen that look before in combat and it always bodes ill for the opposition." Cassie shuddered because when she looked up at Allen's face she saw Roger's look echoed there. Her men were out to protect her for sure she thought.

When Roger came out of the office he walked straight to the cooler and took out a Busch Tall Boy. He didn't say a word as he walked out of the store and down toward the river. His face was still filled with the stress and determination Allen and Cassandra had seen while he was talking on the phone. They looked at each other and started to follow him from the store. As she walked out the door Cassie looked at the two clerks there and said, "You two need to handle things for a while. I don't know when we'll get back."

By the time the two siblings caught up to Roger he was standing on the riverbank watching the stream flow past. It was obvious he did not see his surroundings however. He had that look only a few recognize—the look of eagles as they contemplate their prey. Roger chugged the remainder of his beer, crushed the can and tossed it into a receptacle. Cassie walked up beside him and put her arm around his waist. Without thinking Roger wrapped her in his arm. She laid her head on him and they stood looking out over the river. Neither spoke a word. It was a time when words were not necessary or desired.

Allen stood a few feet behind them for a moment then turned and returned to the store without saying anything either. He grabbed two more beers and a Pepsi for Cassandra and returned. By the time he got to the river Roger and Cassandra had walked down the gravel bar and were standing in the water up to their necks. They had not removed any of their clothes. Allen could tell Cassie had not bothered to put on a bra that day. Her white top clearly showed her dark brown areola's and her rock hard nipples.

Roger leaned down slightly and gave Cassie a gentle kiss. He pulled back and they looked into each other's eyes for a moment then moved to kiss once more. This one was anything but gentle. It was hot, stormy and Allen could tell, filled with need, lust, love. Allen watched as Roger's hands slowly moved under Cassie's top and up her side until his thumbs were rubbing across her nipples. She pulled her head back and moaned. Cassie leaned back a little farther and locked her arms around Rogers neck as she stared into his eyes.

Allen was trying to decide whether to say something or leave when Roger saw him. When Roger jerked and turned his head toward the bank Cassie did the same. They pulled apart and Roger quickly pulled his hands from under Cassie's top. They turned to look at Allen so he smiled and raised the drinks toward them. Roger and Cassie left the stream hand in hand. The three friends sat in chairs underneath a large "beer-drinking tree" and watched the river flow by.

Cassie had moved her chair as close to Roger's as she could and from time to time one or the other of them would reach out and gently touch the other. One or another of the three occasionally made a comment, always about their business or someone they knew but there were many periods of very companionable silence.

Finally Roger turned to look at the other two. He began talking seriously, with many pauses as if what he was saying was painful. In fact, it was obvious he was discussing painful times. "You know, when I came back home I hated the world almost. I had every intention of throwing together a shack here and living like a hermit. I didn't want to see or talk to anyone. All I wanted to do was live my life in comfort. I had lost my parents and my grandparents in the years just before I came home. I had two nasty break ups with semi serious girlfriends, my fiancée left me six weeks before the wedding. We had been having trouble because she wanted to party and spend everything we made and more. I wanted to enjoy life, save money and visit at home with friends."

"I had almost decided to break it off with her but wanted to give it another chance. We went to Miami for a week where I hoped to reconnect. She left me there in the middle of our first night without even a note. I worried she had been injured or kidnapped for that week and most of two more before I finally saw her coming out of her office with another man. I found out she had done things like that in the past to other lovers. It almost killed me and I decided to sell out and move back here. I was fed up with the city, the assholes in it and my job."

"When I came back I spent several weeks here cleaning up and working on my house. I had planned to purchase a canoe or Jon Boat to use on the river. One day I decided to rent a canoe and take a day off since I hadn't done it yet. I had to go to Jared because the other places didn't have any left."

Roger looked up at Cassie and continued, "I saw Cassie for the first time that day. Well, not really, I had seen her driving on the road and in town but only from a distance. I was upset watching her work that day. Jared just sat on his fat ass swilling beer while she loaded my canoe and so forth. Vicky was sitting with him doing her nails. I remember sitting in the truck cab and Cassie tried to get me to talk."

Roger smiled and glanced at the two once more then went on, "I was almost pissed enough at her to tell her to shut up. All I wanted was peace and quiet like I remembered the float to be. I ignored her, looking out the window and only answered when I felt I had to. I was getting ready to unload on her when I caught myself. I remember thinking 'you asshole. You're getting ready to dump on the poor girl when she's only doing her job. You noticed she got no help from the other two assholes at the rental office. She's just trying to be friendly.'" I remember lifting my head to look at Cassandra and saw hurt in her eyes. I think she could tell I was pissed at her and I felt like a prick. I felt like some of the assholes I had left New York to get away from, the ones who would snarl and throw their weight around to those who they felt were their inferiors. I think that was the day Cassie started to heal me."

"We didn't talk that day but I felt like it was a major victory just to keep from snapping her head off. I pushed off into the river as fast as I could and when I was out of sight I just lay back and floated with the current. It was so quiet, so serene. I could hear the insects and small animals rustling in the growth along the bank. From time to time a fish would jump and birds would flit around and sing. Mostly I hurried through the sunny spots but I lingered in the shadows. I felt the anger and tenseness flow out of me and run off downstream."

"A few days later I was working one morning and remembered Cassie. I don't know why but I just put my tools up and went back for another canoe ride." Roger smiled and looked over at his two friends once more then continued, "That time I got into the truck with Cassie and talked to her. I don't remember what we talked about but it wasn't like talking to a woman in New York. It felt more real. I felt accepted for who, for what I was and it was a relaxing enjoyable conversation. There was no tenseness, no probing for deeper meaning, no trying to show how important one or the other of us was. I didn't get the impression I was being interviewed to see if I was rich enough or had a good enough job to be pursued. The conversation was just what it was—a visit between two nice people that were enjoying the day and the ride. I felt the bands around my heart, around my sole loosen even more."

"Every time I took a canoe trip I felt myself relax and reassume my original personality. I began looking forward to my canoe trips and in fact I took more than I planned on and than I should and it was mostly because I enjoyed talking to you Cassie."

"Then when you came here and asked if you could work here for room and board I almost blew it. I knew by then you had a tough row to hoe but you took me by surprise and my mind flashed back to New York. I remembered Cynthia and how she treated me. She and my other two lovers had also asked to move in with me and offered to help with expenses then they had dumped on me. You had almost left before I could jerk my mind away from those bitches and remember you weren't like them. I had seen you work your ass off for scraps and I knew you wouldn't shit on me like they did. I knew you weren't offering your body up to me and, truthfully, that was what they had done. They felt like if they slept with me a few times a month I should be glad to pay for everything. None of them even offered to pay for anything and you almost didn't move in because you felt like I didn't need to pay you for your work!"

1...345678