All Comments on 'Reunion'

by SmoothandLovely

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
bienclarbienclaralmost 3 years ago

His shirt must have looked so weird with a camisole underneath.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Interesting. Takes courage to write a sad story. Hope you don't get knocked too bad for it...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Left very confused by the ending

I liked the story, but I’m not sure how to feel about this ending…so he just imagined all of their interactions? Or some other man pretended to be Matt for some reason? Quite confusing

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I'm fucking speechless. A Rollercoaster of emotions.

leo_thedirewolfleo_thedirewolfalmost 3 years ago

I don't know if it was intentional or not, but, from the beginning, this had a dreamy quality to it. The clear writing, long paragraphs, long-winded sentences, making me hold my breath. Sex was...not great, and many of us do come here for the eroticism, but this is really great stuff. Don't know how connect this is to the author's reality. Hopefully none of it, and he just wanted to make us sad. I enjoyed it. Much love.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This was a lovely story, but I’m also a bit confused. Was the night with Matt a fantasy/apparition? I guess that would make sense. But, it makes the story incredibly sad. As in, I’m legit almost crying over it.

I know this story. But from the other side. In my last life, I was in love but never told him how I felt. We got to know one another really well my senior year of HS. I never would’ve graduated if it weren’t for him. We went our separate ways after graduation. And then I joined the army and served overseas, where I died. I reincarnated as my current self, and met him again. Except I didn’t know who I had been or who he was to me at the time. I felt a connection but I thought he was a bit of a creeper. Later, I finally figured who I was and tried to contact him, but was unsuccessful. I really wish I had been able to tell him how I felt.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This was amazing. I was not expecting the ending. Keep them coming

Chubnative73Chubnative73over 2 years ago

I truly loved this story. It was sad and joyous at the same time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What if Matt was actually still alive and just late to breakfast, but Kelly the class gossip and bitch just made up the death story about Matt since she hadn’t seen him at the reunion the night before? Our narrator fully believed her whole lie and left in grief without even asking anyone else for confirmation. When Matt got down to breakfast and never found his HS love, he was crushed and assumed the narrator had second thoughts about their hook-up and ditched him. That’d be a twist!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous