All Comments on 'Revelations Ch. 02'

by alex_lover

Sort by:
  • 295 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
pure shit

you said in the story... the cheater is good.

dont blame the cheater..... she slip in a dick.

you say "She wanted to pull her boss out of the depression he had gone into after his wife died" pure crap.

you think like a woman.... too complicated. entangled.

men dont think in that way. is black or white nothing more.

if you betray you are out of my life. its the man's way.

and you make the man cheat as well to balance the story to make the cheating

of the wife less important. When she cheat in that moment the marriage is dead.

NOTHING MORE NOTHING LESS.

if you say he dont cheat but the story you make the character cheat.... its stupid.

you can't change the way of a character.

sorry for my bad english. but you have to respect the core of a character.

3

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Rationalization is a dangerous tool

Anyone with a analytical mind knows that you can rationalize the most abhorrent of behaviour. Just because it's rational doesn't make it right. This dumb-ass is just getting dragged around without actually asking himself what will make HIM happy.

And modern women are fucking idiots. You CAN'T have it all. Life doesn't work that way.

It's a decent story and well written. Obviously the characters are reasonably fleshed out for a short story, otherwise I wouldn't be getting annoyed by their actions and reactions ;)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Logic problem

This story is starting to drag. We get it, Victor is sad and confused. Then the shrink starts playing with his head and comparing their one night, partial fooling around with his wife's long term affair. My response' "Fuck you!" 1. The moment she cheated he was released from his marriage contract (although, that 's why they call it cheating - she didn't bother to give him the same option she took - she cheated him out of an honest life with a trustworthy wife.) 2. So, he couldn't "cheat" on his wife because she had already destroyed the marriage. The only thing he felt was a misplaced sense of honor based on what used to be his marriage. 3. His wife did not make a one time mistake, she engaged in a long term sexual frenzy that she kept hidden from her husband. If it had really been to "heal her boss" she should have told her husband what she wanted to do and gotten his approval. 3. The fact that the old creepy boss and her videoed the show is extremely fucked up. The fact that he sent it to her, was his way of showing her husband what had happened! Not very secure way of transmitting that information is it? 4. The fact that he did that gives you insight into the kind of person he was - fuck another mans wife, at great risk to their marriage and their children's home. - photograph it, then after your dead send the bomb to your lover to have it discovered. In short he was a piece of shit, that makes Vanessa shitty at least by association. Fuck her - get away from her and enjoy some honesty for your remaining days in this screwed up world. Oh by the way, fuck anybody that doesn't understand this or wants to make things work out for the sake of the weak minded.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Not the same

The wife gives her love, time, and body to another man, depriving her husband for a long period of time. That isn't a mistake, it's a full-out betrayal of their relationship. His one night with lake-woman, which seems like a set-up by her to justify the wife's actions, is nowhere near the same unless you develope the characters into reversals of their current selves. I'm all for a good reconciliation story (as well as a BTB story), but the way you have set this up, he is going to be the wimp-cuck. Pretty good writing overall, but the recent turn in the plotline is going to lose you a lot of readers.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Good stuff

Keep going with what you want to write, now what others want. Either he forgives her or not I don't care.

sgkfinancesgkfinanceabout 11 years ago
Totally screwed up...

... the way the story is heading. This story was very polished, and very mature for the genre....and the plot was setup very well..

Cheating is a very touchy topic and is very emotional, even to a layman reader who gets to read the story free....

It is very much possible for somebody to cheat in a moment of passion or weakness, and probably even repeat it in the heat of the moment. And commitment to a marriage is supposed to help overcome such weaknesses. Forgiveness is certainly warranted with love and when cheating hasn't become an emotional habit.

But the woman in this story to "console" her boss did all sorts of intimate things, went on nudist vacations, nude cruises and carried it on over several months everyday both at work, and also at her lover's home. This isn't a behavior of a "Florence Nightingale" but somebody really wicked. And was the boss so broken tha he needed so much consoling but nevertheless had the presence of mind to tape and photograph everything ?

I see lots of authors here who setup a story with such an emotional topic very well, but screw up either way - with extreme torch the bitch measures, or as it looks like with this story, contriving to a reconciliation with a "she did it for the right reasons but debatable in hindsight and has been great ever since"....

This particular paragraph is the final nail in this story's coffin:

Perhaps Vanessa too did not wish to tell you about her relationship with her boss, just like you don't want to tell her about us. She wanted to pull her boss out of the depression he had gone into after his wife died and chose a method she considered best though debatable in hindsight. But neither of you have stopped loving each other. Mind you I said relationship and not affair because that would connote something that is not there. And she certainly didn't want to hurt the man she loved by making confessions. The real thing would be to ensure that it did not happen again, just like you have just decided. I'm sure she has been the perfect wife to you since then and perhaps even before."

No marriage is necessary if a spouse can give away something so emotional repeatedly without any thought. Probably as a swinger or an open marriage.

I guess writers (like this author) just want people to stop reading such stories....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Totally wrong

Wrong wrong wrong. She betrayed him. If she wouldn't have none of this would have happened. Please don't wimp him, this is going in the wrong direction from my pic.

The revelation should be his marriage is finished,and he should move on and out.

It was a promising beginning, now your are "Katme'ing" it. Great beginning, decent middle, totally fucked up ending.

His loving wife cuckolded him, DON'T make him a wimp too.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Groan...I see it coming..

Don't see a reason to even continue with part three. You have already started your defense of her and her "sacrifice". Now Victor will start beating himself up about "holding her to a double standard." Yeah, just stop now and don't continue what started out with potential. I will "view" part 3 but only to vote 1 star without even reading.

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 11 years ago

A fucking cuckie tale, I knew it. A blow job now equals years of adultery by a whore who just got millions plus what she got when she worked for ole Harry! A whore who thinks it was ok! Time for old Vic to make wife a porn star, take half the money and cut the whore loose!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Cuckold extraordinaire

She cheated on him for many years. "Sacrificing" herself for her boss. He gets one blowjob, and psychobabble so that makes it all even????

HORSESHIT!

Another fucking wimp/cuckold.

Disappointing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
crap

it dosent mater...you marry vowing fidelity...no excuses will paint it for anything else for what his wife did...she had anothewr mans cock in her cheating cunt no excuses ..divorce the bitch and move on...better a free man than a n accepting whimp

puddychg

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
stupid story

She is a whore.

He is a wimp

1*

JounarJounarabout 11 years ago
what utter bullshit

The wife has a year long affair using her magic pussy to heal her boss, lied to hubby over and over and and now its all ok and all parties are even due to hubby getting a blowjob lol two decades later! This website so need a cuck section so people can avoid crap like this. Such a pity as chapter 1 was so good :(

leviayersleviayersabout 11 years ago

enjoyed. some folks complain about most anything. look forward to the resolution 5

Mousse9Mousse9about 11 years ago

Once the rationalization by "lake woman" started after their one night, I stopped reading, already knowing where this was going. Other commenters have already said it. Apparently years of betrayal equals one night.

Why doesn't Victor ask lakewoman in return "Why the double standard?". She's a horrible psychologist. Didn't she ADD to Victor's problems? Or did she think sleeping with him would solve everything? "There, we fucked, now your wife is even with you"? Double standard, indeed, lakewoman....

I, and a dozen other commenters can now say "I told you so!". This is a completely expected, standard and cliche move to make the cheater and cheated on "equal".

Not gonna bother to read part 3, unless a major, MAJOR plottwist happens.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
WACC

A long repeated affair is not the answer to a depressed widower -no guilt,no remorse

a long working relationship does not mean that you could have an affair repeatedly with a friend's wife-this commonly called humiliation.A confession does nothing to repair this marriage but only a revelation of a continious cheating where husband should accept.the consequence is a bad marriage-divorce and let her partner the boss for life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Well

I am withholding my vote... could be a 1 based on this submission and that is compared to a 5 on the first submission... story line is and should be much better than chapter 2 sorry

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Seems like a story to justify a cheating slut wife.

Likely just another long winded wimp husband story where the slut wife gets a "get out of jail free" card.

LechemanLechemanabout 11 years ago
Enjoying the Story

Apart from all the critics and suggestions on how you should write the next step I personally like the way you have written it and hope you keep to your ideas. True dilemma for husband though my personal opinion waivers on the the key word. His wife 'repeatedly' had sex with her boss and obviously enjoyed herself - not precisely the idea of a good wife. Husband on otherhand has a dalliance when he is emotionally vulnerable, yet had the sense (and decency) not to proceed. A difficult feat for most guys to achieve with a beautiful, responsive and willing woman.

I am looking forward to how you resolve this story, keeping in mind it is just a story and thus all avenues are open to you. Keep up the good work!

hansbwlhansbwlabout 11 years ago
Reality folks!

I find this story both well told and realistic. Don't bother abt the BTB crowed. The human touch to your story describes his anguish. I myself would have started an affair with Paula, taken photos to show Vanessa so she could understand his pain.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
cheating is cheating!

in this particular story, no amount of justification will make victor's wife cheating as reasonable. she entered into sexual relations with her former boss with open eyes, so to speak. if truly she thought that it is a sort of a "healing", then with more reason that victor should divorce her, as clearly, she has a deluded understanding of fidelity. again, if indeed, she thought that it was a "healing" why did she not seek victor's permission or opinion on such a matter? obviously, she allowed herself to be seduced by her former boss who is an a@#hole as he has malice in sending that package to victor's wife. while divorce is painful, certainly it is not the end of everything! as the old saying goes, "there is hope, while we breathe"!

kelchakelchaabout 11 years ago
Could Only Give Four Stars

Writing was excellent.

Do not like where this story is going. Need something from the wife before any reconclation will work in this story. You need to present her in a way we can have some empathy for her. As is, she is still a self deluded twat who has traded hours of her pleasure for husbands years of pain. Boss's depression is seen by me as just a convenient excuse for some strange cock that she probably thought about for years as they worked together and teased each other.

What were her thoughts as she kissed her husband soon after having her tongue up her lovers ass. Given the description of the affair, she must have done both men on the same day numerous times. Was that a special thrill for her? It is implied that there were no other men before or after. Is that true? We need much more info on the wife.

Also, Paula is a retard. I have read that recovery time after an affair is about two years. The process is the same and the time is the same as recovery from the death of a loved one. The ending would be too trite if he goes home and everything is forgiven. After the build up of emotion in the first chapter, a quick reconciliation is not going to work too well.

Thanks for the hard work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Weak

The first part was good. But, the second chapter is just weak candyass wimp bullshit. The husband needs to grow a set of balls.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Not too late

This story can still be saved:

Show her and make her see

that her actions showed she had more respect for her boss than her husband, and that she was also driven by her own selff centered and desire for sex.

Divorce her!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
No comparison...

My primary disagreement with the story line so far is the comparison of one night and a year long affair. I do not believe either are acceptable, my personal standards, but there is no way to use one to justify the other. Even if you accepted the explanation by the wife that it was medicinal, it continued far longer than that and became much more.

Michael

firas01firas01about 11 years ago
just an exchange of ideas

lets take your point and see how valid it is, she slept with somebody outside of marriage and he did to, it doesnt matter that she slept for a whole year and he slept for one night...is that it? cheating for you is only sex outside marriage, how about the lies, the deceit, all the times she said that she is at one place while she was actually somewhere else, he believed her then, is he to believe everything that came after, she successfully deceived him and she realized that she got away with it, did she lie to him about other affairs or about anything else as simple as putting two cubes of sugar in his coffee as she told him so? what i am talking about here is trust. And there is another point that so many people consider as touchy, that is all men are children at heart who dont want others to touch their special...person, i would support my wife in any way and all the way, i would push her until she realize all her potentials, i will wash the dishes and clean the house while she is working at the office, i will give her all the moral support that she needs, but the minute she let another man take a place between her legs then all bets are off, this is why so many men i know marry, they and i want exclusivity, trust, respect, and love, otherwise i would be happy with friends with benefits in which the woman respects me enough to tell me that she is sleeping with others for her own reasons, however, this chapter and i guess the whole story is just another one that bites the dust.

shuriken2012shuriken2012about 11 years ago
trust

The problem i have with a lot of authors in this category its that they don't bring up the subject of trust most of the time. You brought it up a little bit but the fact of the matter is that when a spouse cheats one of the main causes for divorce i the inability to trust the cheater,not pride or ego

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
god this is fucking AWFUL Oh my giod

as soon as this chapter opens all we see is Victor making excuses. and We still do not see nay hint of why the wife had to fuck harry for over a year because he was um " "depressed"...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Very good story so far......

This is a very good story and I'm looking forward to the next installment.

looking4itlooking4itabout 11 years ago
I cannot see how you are equating these events

Vanessa's affair lasted a year (or more!) and was much more that physical. It was intimate on an intellectual and emotional level as well. She basically traded husbands for that time. I really do not see how Paula, even as a psychologist, tries to equate the two. She did not personally witness the video and pictures but Victor had to have shared what he saw, the loving way she looked the attention and satisfaction expressed in her looks and words. The "good" doctor has apparently factored sex out of the equation of a relationship. Makes me wonder if she'd be capable of having a similar affair on her husband if he were still alive. After all, Vanessa's affair was purely "clinical", wasn't it? Paula could have been a good character but in the end I find her to be just as contemptible as Vanessa.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Not the same

Vanessa and Paula cannot be compared in the same context. Vanessa had a affair for over a year in which she purposely lied to her Victor. She deceived her husband and continued to betray him. There is no trust between them now and Victor will always have doubt of where she is going and also about others she may have had during their marriage. Vanessa will always have little secrets about her lover and thoughts of him that they shared together. Victor will never know for sure what she may be smiling about as the forever doubt bug will always be inside his brain. Nice tale, thanks for writing and sharing.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 11 years ago
As I predicted Total abject failure .."when we saw this ""Then why the double standards?""

It when this psychologist actually suggests that having a one night stand with her... for doing a specific act as saving the child's life... is the same thing as having a 15 month long term loving sexual affair with another man... well you knew that this story was headed for total and complete disaster.

It is shocking beyond any grasp of alternate reality and fantasy that a psychologist could actually make the argument that the two events or acts are even remotely equivalent. THEY ARE NOT

Even if we were to take the psychologists pathetic stupid rationalisation at face value ...it does not work.

"We just discussed our situation and agreed that what happened was a genuine mutual attraction between us, but in your mind and heart you continue to be committed to your marriage vows and that it wouldn't be happening again with another woman or me for that matter. Right?"

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is not what happened with th ewife. It was NOT a one time thing like between victor and the psychologist -- but it went for 15 months several times a day several times a week

The only reason that victor is in the situation is be cause of the wife's massive betrayal and deceit and inability to recognize the damage she is done to the marriage or to victor. Victor has not voluntarily gone off to find somebody else to FUCK without the wife knowing.

Three times in the story we read the assertion that the wife was not a SERIAL cheater... Which is NOT the issue in any way shape or form.

It is bizarre that the idiot author ACTUALLY does not have the husband come to grips with the essence of the problem

If the wife really believed that she had a moral obligation to FUCK harry because he was depressed.. Why did she hide it? Why was necessary to go on for 15 months?

Mind you given how terrible this chapter is it's pretty clear that this ASSHOLE of of an author has no intention of even raising that key point even one time in any of the subsequent chapters to follow

wow this is the biggest fucking let down of all time in LW category. Vile Just vile and Moronic

RePhilRePhilabout 11 years ago
Don't you dare equate what he did once after her betrayal

With the extended affair by his wife. This would be shaky ground to establish a reconciliation. You hit me 100 times and I hit you once and we are even? NOT!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
he should

get a dog. If after thirty years she has not figure it out and thinks what she did is alright then i don't see a marriage and if it has put him in such a state that he had to leave and go off on his own then the marriage is dead.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 11 years ago
This shows the problem of demonizing the wife in Ch. 1.

Now you are trying to pull her out of the pit in which you buried her. Making the wife evil is easy to do for a first chapter. It's proceeding to any sort of ending other than total nuclear devastation is difficult. If the wife had succumbed one evening after drinking too much, this solution might be plausible. He really should make this woman his mistress and explain to his wife that it is therapy, that he is regaining his will to live. The shrink's comparisons really don't work well here because you made the wife such a rotten cheating, heartless bitch in the first chapter. It happens to a lot of stories. Make the wife less evil if you want to get them back together. What she did to her husband was beyond cruel.

The writing needs an editor. There were missing words, misused words, and plot holes. How did the guy video the outdoor screwing with his secret camera? How could hidden cameras be so effective and show so much, from such great angles? All that said, I am looking forward to his meeting with his wife, but if you don't give the reader some satisfaction with her attitude and lack of empathy, you will alienate your readers.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Can't wait to see what will happen next.

I love your writing. The story is suspenseful and has the reader asking what is going to happen next. How is Victor going to resolve this problem?

You also have excellent tension in your stories through Victor revealing his doubts, his conversation with his daughter, the children having trouble in the water. This suspense and tension is wonderful and hanging over this is the need to know how will the impending meeting with his wife turn out. Wonderful , exciting and having the reader begging for more.

Don't be too discouraged by your scores. There is a crowd here that want their characters being decisive, bold and revengeful. Of course those kind of heroes display little in character development, little in literary value and little of what happens in the real world. The BTB crowd love the Rambo kind of characters and torment any author who presents a normal human reaction to a problem, especially if the hero would god forbid show some humanity. These types will score you low and but will continue looking for your work because you attract them like a magnet with your story telling.

I love your writing. Please continue on and I hope that you are strong and thick-skinned enough to ignore the ignorant. I look forward to the continuation of this story.

Thank you.

sengimaxsengimaxabout 11 years ago
Disapointed

I totally agree with the comments by Looking4it. Parts 1 & 2 were interesting to read until the analysis by Paula, from then on the story lost my interest.

How anyone can equate his one night dalliance to the 14-15 month affair that his wife had with her boss (for whatever reasons) is beyond me.

Kiddo1001Kiddo1001about 11 years ago
I don't usually leave comments but this time............

Firas01 said something that has me wondering about most of the writers here at lit. The word "TRUST" has to has some meaning. Also, to me the character of a person and that your word when given should mean something. Both gave their word or promise to hold the other above all others and to forsake all others till death do you part. Seems to me that there is only one way Victor can remain true to his word and feelings. Yes, they had over 30 years together only because he didn't know about the affair in the first place. Had he learned about it when it happened, would he have stayed? Don't know with the information given at this time. The author is making him out to be a very sorry piece of a man. I realize some would say you don't know until you are in the shoes of the person in the story. My wife and I will be married for 30 years in the fall of this year, as much as I love her and she me, if she cheated we would be divorced. It might cost me my life because I would die without her, but the love, trust, closeness, intimacy would be gone. I could not look at my own reflection in the mirror each morning and think of myself as a man if I didn't divorce her. Victor can't get the images out of his head of his wife being with another man. The tryst on the beach wasn't getting an old man out of his shell. Drinking wine, running around nude, having an intimate conversation and enjoying the company of another man wasn't clinical like she wants us to believe, that my friends was an affair. Plain and simple. He, the boss, is going to send two million dollars to her, then by all means let her have her two million and let her go. She doesn't get anything from Victor. Divorce her on the grounds of adultery, give her nothing but then he can't take any of the two million. That would be "blood" money" and he can't live with that. Couldn't look at himself in the mirror and still be a man. Just a humble opinion of a man who would have loved to live when the word of a person meant something.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Nope, she doesn't get it

Paula does not get it. It is not about the six inches of flesh. It is about betrayal, lies, disrespect, lack of concern for ones commitments and vows to another. I am worried that Alex Lover does not get it either. And how is Paula sure Vanessa was the perfect wife before and after? She may have cheated multiple times, she does not know her. She seemed the perfect wife when she cheated as well. Her saying that is Alex preparing us for the reconciliation we all know is coming.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Crap

Don't write anymore. Readers, please don't open the next installment from this bitch. Stop now. This bullshit, psychobabble, rationalization shit could only be written by a cheating skank whore. She's trying to write to forgive herself for what she knows is unforgiveable. I've been on the other side and I can tell you forgiveness in the case of an affair is pure fantasy, I fell for it. I forgave my wife in 1996 for a 6 mos affair because we had a 4 year old boy and I loved her. I heard all the typical BS from her and the promises of never again. In 2000 we had a bad year, a lot of fighting over jobs and lots of other things. Then somehow we got through it. In 2006 and 2010 we had two new little ones, (yes they are mine I've checked). Anyway I thought we were good until I discovered some papers and love letters last year from 2000. Sure enough she had done it to me at least twice. Pretty much proves the once a cheater always a cheater huh? Anyway, so now I'm stuck with two more kids that I love more than my life and I know my wife is a complete lying whore. Anyway my life sucks and it is all my fault... WHY; because I didn't learn that all women are cheating whores and you should keep them on a tight leash and if they stray or dishonor you or disrespect you... NEVER EVER forgive them. Burn the bitch. Don't end up like me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Paula killed your story

Once you brought Paula into the story you killed it for me. Won't be reading this story line anymore.

durritedurriteabout 11 years ago
Disappointing

Agree with HDK....you made the wife in to such a hateful and cruel bitch in Ch 1, that it is hard to reconnect to her.

The wife had a long term affair with her boss.....she won't acknowledge (let alone take responsibility for) having done considerable damage to her marriage and family....the videos were disgusting to a husband.....she doesn't regret at all her actions....the son and DIL reactions to cucks - all of this makes a reconciliation beyond belief.

Then in Ch 2 you have a psychologist equate women having an affair with a fertility goddess stereotype...really? So, Mother Nature equates to women spreading their legs for any male they feel sorry for??? The psychologist doesn't get him to explore his feelings of loss, betrayal, pain, anger, inadequacy......no, she explains that women are hard-wired to fuck any man they feel sorry for.....sounds like really good advise....let's trivialize and marginalize the 'client's' problems and say it's natural selection to fuck around and then accuse the 'client' of having double standards???

Frankly, you painted the husband in to such a corner, I can't see any escape for him....have him have a long term affair with the psychologist and move on to another story learning from the mistakes from this one

Dr_KnowDr_Knowabout 11 years ago
Well done but,

I really don't think this author has a clear picture of where he is taking this story. This might be the reason that the chapters are so far apart.

It's time for a visit to dear old Harry. Let's get to the real villian in this story. Maybe our poor hero Victor should insure Harry has a chance to join his dead wife.

At this point I have nothing good to say about Victor. he wallows in self pity and takes no action one way or the other. So either accept it and go back to the cheating bitch, or end it and take a pound of flesh from Harry and his cheating wife. I vote for BTB, but then I would, right?

DunaDunaabout 11 years ago
The author wrote .........To Be Continued

I will not read it untill the next publshed sequel. I will wait for the next sequel.

The author wrote .........To Be Continued.

I read the last sentences only and the Author wrote the next: "Victor felt something inside him that he hadn't experienced ever before, perhaps something close to how he felt when he had fallen in love with Vanessa so many years ago. Yes something like that. His erection was there."

A newer long time connection is rarly in 10 minutes.

I have a story (under edition "I'm Not A Shark, But An Orca"), where after half hour to discovering of the cheating the husband will be taken away by another woman to the next marriage (after divorce). However they knew each other for a long time. Such thing is rarly and it have to be special circumtensis, as my story are. .

(My just published story on SOL shows such circumtensis, where the betrayed husband finds the next wife after some weeks to the discovered affair (after divorce). In that story are special circumtensis too "How Are You Not Being Neglected?")

I give credit the Author and I read the all story that time.

JennyBearJennyBearabout 11 years ago
Ditto what HDK wrote

except I won't be reading the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
true to self

I agree - the story so far is very good. Victor does see the difference between his one night actions and his wife's 14-15 months. Waiting to see if you allow Victor to continue to live by his true virtues and beliefs.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Paula

Paula has out of town relationships. She keeps sercret. She does not want her kids or their grandparents to know that she has boyfrends. ?? It would spoil their vision of their father?? So she is cheating on them so that she can look like a marter to their fathers memory. She had no problem trying to bed Victor with the kids in the cabin.

likeboblikebobabout 11 years ago

It is difficult to give fair rating to this story for me because the of the time between postings.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
the shrink is a real woman the wife was the company whore

He lived for years a life based on lies and cheating not love and affection.

Divorce the whore and go for the shrink, you can forgive anyone anything if you want to, but you will never forget lies, the deceptions, the betrayals, every move every action will cause questions.

I divorced my first wife at age 50 for a variety of reasons not the least being one of her affairs, six years later i married a much younger woman and a few years later we had two children, now 24 years later i am happy, tell me about golden years!

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 11 years ago

I have to add

Cuckie lies. Vic saves her daughters life and instead of taking him back to his place she gets an emotionally fragile man out of his clothes into speedos, gets him drunk, refuses to take no for an answer and orally rapes him and then tells him he should understand his wife's position. BULLSHIT!

Your story is mechanically well written.

But you allegedly have a psychologist trying to force her view of life onto him.

Yes she is "true" to her dead husband, by her standards but fucks around. So not marrying someone but fucking is being "true" in her mind. Do we see she ready in her life agrees with the cheating wife?

I am not saying she can't fuck around, you go girl, but she is not married so it is not adultery.

Here is a man who is in pain and she rapes him after getting him out of his clothes. Sounds like her version of proper is the same as the cheating whore, yes she was a whore, she was paid for sex.

Vic feels upset at what happened now compare that with the happy video scenes with the whore and Harry, ones he will see in his head over and over for the rest of his life. No remorse or even concern, same as the good ole doc.

And the doc sucks him off. Any disease you can get fucking you can get sucking. Is this really a doc? Not md doc but phd doc.

Since when is raping a patient, and that was what he became when she started to do the psyco babble crap, a valid therapy - and isn't there some law about a therapist having sex with patients? Or was all the crap she said to cover for her raping him?

And then she really fucks with his head.

Lets talk about attributing things favorable to the whore.

1. Wife wanted to break it off so she moved. Crap- she moved so she would not get caught - husband already moved.

2. Wife did not cheat again or before. More crap!

The absence of evidence of cheating when you are not looking for it, or even if you are, is not evidence of not cheating. Ultimately it comes down to trust and there is none now.

3. Wife loves him. That is woman speak for "I am putting horns on your head, but you get to pay for it."

How many times did she come home and laugh to herself about what she was doing as she told husband no to sex, or worse and kissed him with a mouth that was previously full of cum or had him eat a pussy or fuck one the same way?

At work how many shared naughty little moments? Maybe a blow job or a fast fuck or a fingering or titty suck!

How many knew and looked with pity at poor stupid Vic thecuckie.

She was awful comfortable playing with his clock and getting fucked. She did not know so she was not acting. Never does the author say her face showed hidden remorse like a candid photo or video might. Hell the wife does not even show it now.

She was a whore!

And who is to say she is not still selling her old ass for "favorable" work conditions.

And what is this crap with the kids? Here is why I am not speaking with your mom and I think you need to give me your DNA test results.

Vice would need to immediately file an alienation of affection action against the estate and the proof was sent by Harry so it is admissible in evidence.

But this is a cuckie story so in honor of his constant love and devotion he gets his balls cut off.

This story is wrong on so many levels. I bet the author is a woman.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Pathetic

What a sorry story. This women's logic was to forgive her for 15 years of giving herself to another man. Thats just too hard to swallow. Too many lies. Could you believe anything else the wife was saying. Story sucked .

koosewatcherkoosewatcherabout 11 years ago
Principles

Victor needs closure. Divorce hurts a lot less then living a lie. Victor should admit his mistake. His dignity will only be redeemed with a divorce. He should also refuse to profit from his wife whoring her ass out!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Poppycock

I assume Paula got her degree online. I can't decide if she's an idiot for spewing out her lame advice or if she's a friend of Victor's wife sent up to the lake to try and rationalize the wife's affair. Sadly, Vic doesn't seem much brighter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Geee Honey

1*

Gee honey, I just don't feel like myself anymore after your betrayal, even my friends are mentioning that it seems like I am down and withdrawn all the time.......

...so I met a great lady at the lake, she is a slut/whore just like you and she is going to "help" me try to get back to normal. Fortunately for you and I she is willing to do it for free so we won't need to dip into your 2 million dollar prostitution fund.

Hopefully if she and I can have sex everyday for a year or two I should start to feel better about myself.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
This story is turning to crap

The character "Paula" was not believeable. Magically, in the middle of nowhere, a beautiful woman, who is also a psychologist, shows up, gets him drunk, and practically rapes him. A professional psychologist would not do any of that. This was just a lazy author's pathetic ploy to justify an inappropriate reconciliation. Why doesn't the husband insist that his wife watch some of these videos with him, videos in which it is obvious that she betrayed him emotionally, as well as physically, and then ask her to explain how it was just sex, not a betrayal, blah blah blah? Why doesn't he have some a detailed, no-holds-bared, conversation with the wife concerning the things she did in the videos, his memories of meeting Harry at parties shortly after they had sex, etc., and either the wife gets it, i.e., understands from his perspective that she utterly betrayed him, and beg his forgiveness, or he mans up and leaves her. I was really disappointed in this chapter. The "Paula" character should not have been introduced. That plot line just diminished the story. What the story needs is better dialog between Victor and his wife, with the wife forced to own up to her actions.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
I cannot believe some of the comments posted here.

The story is pretty good ,where it is going is anyone's quess. He just found his wife out cheated with her boss,

She broke her marriage vows.he has to come to terms with his feelings and decide the next course of action. I cannot see forgiveness,or reconciliation here .what she did was blatant adultery plus he died and left her 2 million.he has to move on or become a wimp, chuck or other weak man. I cannot see him accepted what she did. It's tough to move on at the age he is at. But to go on with his wife would make him worse than a chuck.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Just because you don't like how a story is going

doesn't mean that it isn't well written. Hell half the comenters here get really upset if the story doesn't burn the bitch down at the first sign of trouble, no wonder you can't stay married.

Looking at this I hate the wife, and want her to realize and suffer for the pain she has caused, but then that is because the writer has drawn me into the story.

Wonderful writing, I'm hooked even if it doesn't end the way I want it to.

And by the way, there is nothing to say that he still doesn't go home and divorce the bitch. After the completation that a long marriage deserves he decides he just can't live with her cheating ass.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
what?

This is a very good story on many levels, but the rationalization of her slutting around is way off base. He slips once and stops himself, how is that the equivilent of her banging her boss for a year (or more likely for years? - the video showed a full blown affair.) Paula is hardly a virtuous woman and her advice sucks. If he wants to have any self respect, he needs to divorce his wife and move on. By the way, Paula is hardly a candidate for a new marriage. With her casual attituted toward infidelity she would certainly cheat on him and rationalize it away as well. He needs to move on. Still, I like it so far and am giving it a "4"

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Well written, but not necessarily well plotted.

The two are NOT the same. Well written generally pertains to grammar/punctuation, pacing, etc. You can have all of that and still wind up with a story that ends up forced and phony. Based on the depths to which you lambasted the wife in chapter 1 and the depths to which you had Paula rationalize how what she did wasn't so bad, that seems to be where you're headed.

<P>

If he doesn't divorce her, you pretty much negate what you wrote in chapter 1. If he does divorce her, than all of Paula's analysis in this chapter in nothing but a red herring. You seemed to have wanted to play it both ways, and wound up laying the ground work for neither.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 11 years ago
Wow

You really screwed this up. Your writing skill is impeccable but your story line leaves much to be desired. Two wrongs do not make a right and having a professional literally explain the wife's reasoning for cheating and seducing the betrayed husband to explain her thought was very unrealistic. I hope ch. 3 somehow puts him back on track but I can't see it happening. He was a cuck and now his one tryst will make him forgive and forget. No this tale is just condoning all that is wrong and making it seem normal. No I don't think your writing skill is going to fix this tale. What a shame.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Psycologist?

Is Paula lying? No psycologist would rationalize this situation this way. In fact they would support the fundamental ethic of the husband. He is now as bad as his wife. She corruppted his ethics and should probably lose her liscense. Instead of supporting him, she selfishly supported his wife who did do something destructive to their relationship and cannot see it. If she wanted to help, go see the wife and help her understand why she is wrong. If wife wanted other man: divorce and move on. Ockhams razor for the husband: divorce and move on too. Find a better woman also.

kakashi524kakashi524about 11 years ago
psychologist

Worst psychologist ever! All the nonsense she spouted was bullshit.

And I think the author is wrong by defining an affair with the boss doing all they did "a mistake" or "a bad decision".

A mistake or a bad decision is having sex once. Doing it multiple times, going to a nudist resort/community together, taking pictures, etc, is something far worse. Divorce is the only way to go.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

Bullshit! There is no way that ignorant bitch is a psychologist. Dude you are trying with all your might to rationalize a multi-year affair with just making a mistake. A planned an executed affair is in no way just a mistake. How on earth can a guy convince himself that it meant nothing to their marriage if she steps out over and over again. I mean seriously that is the height of wimpiness if you can actually convince yourself that it wasn't about them but somebody else. Wtf, I guess marriage is no longer and partnership and it's ok to conspire with someone other than your husband. Which is why she was up front and honest about it.........oh wait!?!? Dude you are totally fucking up this story by trying to have the wimp (what else could he be at this point) rationalize a premeditated, dishonest, multi-year affair. What you are trying to do just doesn't make sense. To be honest he is acting rather idiotic and don't even get me started about the rent-a-therapist. I think she must have got her license from a cracker Jack box!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Seriously hope this isn't going wher eI think it is

Trying to compare a one time sex act AFTER finding out about his wife's LENGTHY affair is no comparison. You say it was only her body she shared? You honestly cannot say her heart remained with her husband as she was joyously living out obviously happy moments with this other man.

I'm sorry but trying to rationalize like that is just looking the other way and people who do that DESERVE to get blindsided. At the very least take a legal separation and live life on his own and see where he stands after a good long time dedicating himself to well, himself. His wife decided that it was perfectly fine to dedicate herself to another man for the sake of healing. Now he is the one who needs healing and I don't think his wife is the one who can do it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Another wimp story?

Your premise of using a psychologist doesn't work. They would know that he needs respect and this wasn't justified. A ont time thing I prob would have bought with this but not a year long affair. And it was. Also she shows no regret at all? There would be a big prob with their relationship if this were the case. Also her comments should rise up that she manipulated him. And he didn't call her on it

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
You're forcing this

Get up, go for a walk. Gave you a 5 for chapter 1 and a 4 for this & that's charity.

I don't give a big rat's ass if he reconciles or divorces but this is just a digression that doesn't really move the story forward. And the psychologist's blather cannot be substituted for his own thinking & decision.

In this case, cowardice is not about which decision he makes; it's about making a decision at all. All decisions have consequences.

In his case, if he divorces, then he is alone without his wife of 30 years and it sounds like his children would be pissed at him also. He starts over at an advanced age estranged from the whole family.

If he stays, then his wife gets off Scott-free and he just lives with the images in the CD's. Her opinion of her action is unchanged. He adjusts. She does not. This decision feels deficient in justice.

Both choices have negative consequences.

It's your story but, since you seem to be angling for ideas & floundering around out in the woods, here's a thought. Why don't you just blow the lid off? Don't rush for a divorce but don't agree to reconcile and forgive & forget either. Reveal what's on the CD's: to the family, to the former employees at her company & everybody else in sight. Throw the shit in the air & turn on the fucking fan.

Then, by God, you'll have something to write about instead of his internalized anguish. Furthermore, it puts the problem back in her lap, let the bitch deal with the fall-out in public instead of letting him agonize over it in private.

Right now, his indecision reminds me of the old story about Harry Truman wishing for a one-armed economist so the sonsabitches would quit saying "On the other hand..."

I swear, some day I'm going to start writing these damn stories myself.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
What??

Look if this is some sort of I forgive ending, plain stupid!!

I loved your writting, great flowing story. The reality of this is Victor saw porn tapes of his wife and this scumbag. "helping him heal" pure bullshit!!

If he gets some great revelation about forgiving without putting her through at least hell for a long period, then this story will suck!!

Be real in this story...put yourself in that situation. Unless you're a wimp you don't see those tapes and forgive in 6-12 months..it takes years for a real man to allow her to earn his trust. Of course this is my opinion, of that you might think bullshit.

SKHPSKHPabout 11 years ago
I hate the sugar-coating of Vanessa's severe betrayal

The story of course is nicely written, but the messages - especially those rationalisations Paula put into his head - are BS (bullshit).

Vanessa did not "save" her boss' life, she obviously enjoyed the excessive cheating. She kept it hidden without any visible guilt, but the fact that she hides her double life from her husband shows that she has always known it was wrong. Even after her husband is deeply hurt by his dicovery, she is in denial and sugarcoates everything: "it had nothing to do with us." From the contents of the parcel she must have recognised what an asshole her beloved boss was in reality, and still there is no remorse at all.

But when the so-called "psychologist" Paula joined in on this view of the affair, it just became to much for me.

Normally, I do not rate stories because of their direction, but I can only face BS and psycho-babble to a certain amount; despite the good writing style, I can barely rate this 3*.

A.L., you are steering directly to the "happily ever after", which means, that Victor (latin: winner) becomes the loser. Save us this ending, please!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Good writing

Just guessing the wife setup the psychologist to be with the husband to level the field, but a 1yr affair which she did more with the boyfriend vs a 1 night stand doesn't match. Looking forward to the ending.

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007about 11 years ago
Wimps

The wimp cocksuckers are scoring this sorry ass story way too high!

gs88gs88about 11 years ago
The affair...

From the way you described Harry and his wife's behavior it was far more intimate than just sex. The way she allowed him to give her commands like wearing costumes and even got her to take vacations with him. She even "fucked his ass with her tongue." How many times had she kissed her husband with Harry's shit and cum upon her tongue?

Seriously? If healing was her only intention why go so far to do such things like that? And to top it off she clearly feels no guilt for her actual acts and would never have if Victor had not found out. I don't see how any real person could even begin to look at their spouse with any sort of comfort after this type of situation.

Revenge isn't necessary but I really do not see how this marriage could work out without them spending a lot more time apart and seeing how they feel without each other. He deserves to give himself a lot more breathing room to reevaluate his remaining years. I can sense a "I'm old now and don't want to die alone" kind of vibe and fear like that does tend to make people make illogical decisions. But he's far from alone, he has his children and now Paula to confide in.

Shit. Sorry for the long ass rant. Your story just hit a lot of nerves I guess. Just goes to show how you managed to drag me in. Whether or not this turns out the way it should, I hope you finish it anyways.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
A flaw?

In the shrinks analasis is whether victor would have done anything with the bosumy shrink if he still knew nothing of his wifes betrayal. And i'll concur with others that a single bj doesn't balance years of betrayal. Didn't see remorse or limpdick from the wife on film, just happy times. Quite the hidden camera system the old geezer had set up.

karan9876karan9876about 11 years ago
Why ask for advise if you don't plan to listen???

Why ask for advise if you don't plan to listen??? You have already started defending her actions and at this rate this will be another I am a wimp so sue me kind of shit. It's almost like you take great pride in this crap. So I have only one question to ask. Why ask for advise/ comments if you don't plan to listen??? Because if you were listening to comments you would not go for forgiveness.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
liked it, but

like the story but what he did and what his wife did seems uneven, I like balance, to forgive if that is where your going is good but he should have balanced out the books as she sure balanced her books.............

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Not nearly equivalent events

Very disappointed in the author sliding into psycho-babble to rationalize the wife's looong betrayal. Until the wife can see her actions as the obvious betrayal that they were there does not deserve to be any type of reconciliation. Otherwise Victor continues to lose. A man would not make his mind think of his wife's actions in the way you apparently want your Victor character to wind up thinking. Save the ending before it is too late for this story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Be a man

The wife was a slut for another man claiming she was helping him yeah rite and it meant nothing so why hide.If the shoe was on the other foot he would be in the dog house.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
a rubbish chapter

weird psychoanalysis. are there such stupid shrinks practising in the US? an affair that lasts for an year is an onetime thing? fail to understand why the slut didn't realise the disrespect being shown to the wimp? but if her brain was in the right place instead of in her cunt, she wouldn't have engaged in recreational fucking, would she???

bobby9909bobby9909about 11 years ago
The bottom line is this:

She had an affair. She chooses to look at it - rationalize it - as medicinal because any other way of looking at it would require her to admit she is a cheater. I'm sure she loved/loves her husband. But carrying on the way she did - for over a year (that we know of) - verified by the videos, pictures, and written account of her lover, tell a far different tale than her words.

Nope... her actions before the wife died indicate she wanted it. The wife's death and her boss' subsequent depression were her excuse to make it happen. By her own admission she started the physical part. She would probably have done it eventually anyway, but having the excuse of "bringing him back" allows her to see herself as a martyr and not as the adulterer she actually is.

Very good writing. I'm invested in this story and I'm very curious to see how you work it out. Does he make it work with the wife? Does he dump the wife and pursue the psychologist? Or does he go in a completely different direction? It's your story, alex... bring it on!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
LOVE AFTER BETRAYAL

PLEASE DON'T FINISH THIS STORY BY HIM STAYING WITH HIS WORTHLESS WIFE. HE FOUND A GOOD WOMEN AND KIDS THAT LOVE HIM AND NEED HIM, HIS WIFE HAS HER PICTURES OF HER FUCKING TIME WITH HER HARRY. DAMM GOOD STORY .

outlawsjsdoutlawsjsdabout 11 years ago
What kind of psychologist is she?

A license psychologist would never put a person in his situation in the position she had placed him in. Her justification that the oral sex they had the night before is the same as Vanessa's year long or longer affair with her boss is incredibly stupid. How can you justify the emotional ties between someone you just met a few days ago to those she had with her boss for 14 years?

If Vanessa's first Florence Nightingale blowjob therapy was, in her words, to "save" her bosses life then that should have been sufficient. The story says he came into the office the next day happy. That should have been it. No more therapy was needed. Vanessa wanted an affair boss and used the "therapy" as justification. When she found she enjoyed the "therapy" as much as she did she wanted to continue it as long as she could. It's obvious she knew what she was going was wrong and would have placed her marriage in jeopardy, if her husband had known. If not, why didn't she tell Victor about her magic blowjob and pussy therapy when she was doing it.

And then there's the boss. If the he truly felt about her the way the letter said he did why, knowing she was still married, would he send all pictures and DVD's to her after his death. Why not just destroy them and let it go. Unless he wanted Victor to find them. And this was his parting shot in rubbing Victor's nose in the fact that he fucked his wife for a year or longer, and he never knew it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
This Author IS the Cheating Cunt

She is writing this story to try to get a group of people on board with her rationalization for cheating on her long-time husband.

If she can get us to go along, then she can get him to agree to RAAC.

No man would write this shit.

Excuse me, I have to go throw up now...

tiger46tiger46about 11 years ago
Good story

It's fairly obvious Victor is going to let Vanessa's rationalization slide. As soon as Victor had proof that Vanessa had set aside the marital vows he was released from them.

His anguish at home and at the cottage is to determine what he should do now that the marriage exists only on paper in in the tax courts. Paula's dubious therapy will no doubt be made to compare to Vanessa's.

But there is a world of difference. Vanessa was bound to marital vows when she performed her "therapy". That therapy shattered the vows and the marriage. Once Victor discover that little reality, he was no longer morally bound to uphold same.

And even then, he did not have PIV sex. That was very telling! I hope that author wasn't trying to portray Victor as honorable. To me, it points to his beta character. An insecure, and weak man who, too long relied on Vanessa for validation.

I like the story. There are plenty of men in our society exactly like this borderline wimpish male. Too many to suit me, but look around there's far more men living with unfaithful wives and justifying remaing in such marriages. It's Victor's apparent fate as well.

Author, some minor editing errors, and some of the dialoguge is stiffly too formal. You'll get better at rectifying these minor yet bothersome flaws. Looking forward to the next installment.

T46

jasonnhjasonnhabout 11 years ago
Quagmire

As expected and as noted by several others this story is struggling to rehabilitate the wife after establishing her as a long term and UNREPENTANT cheater. She feels completely justified in her actions.

As to the "psychologist", you get what you pay for. She uses the same argument the wife uses, women are nurturers. It was crap when the wife used it and it is no better when repeated by the horny shrink. As Victor himself said, if that was a valid therapy all nurses would be screwing their patients into health. Maybe that's the shrink's method, Screw them to rationality. She did say she has biological needs? And how clear thinking is a woman who refuses to consider a permanent relationship with a man because her children are not grown up? Clearly by their response to Victor they would enjoy and benefit by a quality male presence.

Then you try to equate a guy who is emotionally hurting, drunk, and seduced by a very attractive woman and does an exchange of oral sex (YES, it is sex), ONCE to his wife who carries on a 15 month affair that was OBVIOUSLY of great joy to her. The videos showed her enjoyment. Hey, what the heck, if she is going to save a life she might as well enjoy it too! And enjoy it she did. This wasn't a pick up your spirit fuck. This was a passionate affair. There is NO equality between Victor and his unfaithful wife.

And yes, those videos were sent deliberately and openly to taunt Victor. Ha, I fucked your wife. Her boss didn't know V. could be Vanessa or Victor? Oooops?? Yeah, right.

I don't need for Vanessa to be "burned" but she should be held responsible. There are many that say the author should be able to write the story they want. Fair enough. But a reader also gets to decide if the story is written well and holds together, This chapter is psycho claptrap. If you try to build an ending based on it, the whole thing falls apart. Not everyone sees stories the same way I do. Some people love to see a happy restored relationship no matter what the wife does. In the pursuit of that if the story is inconsistent or irrational or far off the norms of normal human behaviors they ignore it. That's fine. But I can speak for myself and this doesn't work for me.

FireFox59FireFox59about 11 years ago
Oh Well

Know where this is going. Victor gets some strange so his cheating wife is all forgiven for being a whore to her boss for a year if not more. What a bunch of bullshit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Load

... of bullshit, not even well written. Bad idioms, wrong word choices and spelling mistakes plus a heaping load of cliches.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Stay true to the characters!

The first chapter of ‘Revelations’ was very good. Victor expressed the outrage any married man/woman would feel when presented with a spouse’s infidelity and his incredulity at his wife’s beliefs on the sanctity of the marriage vows. His pain at her betrayal, frustration at recognizing the differences in their core values, anger at her excuses for her infidelity.

Victor stepped too far out of character; no one who expressed his feelings so vehemently against adultery and believed in the sanctity of the marriage vows ‘forsaking all others’ would engage in a tryst with the psychologist. No reputable psychologist would jeopardize the emotional wellbeing of a person going through this turmoil by seducing him and definitely not as repayment for saving her daughters life; in addition she previously stated she never exposed her children to a paramour; the scene after her children went to bed would not have happened as either of those children could have walked out and discovered their mother engaged in oral sex; so her behavior is also contradictory to her character. I would seriously consider revising this chapter. I’m not saying the introduction of these character is not a good thing for Victor; worked into the story line in a better way could be Victor’s salvation and possible his new family; who knows what the future holds? Victor is a strong dynamic character, please don’t change him.

If Victor stays in character described in the first chapter I would believe he is seeking the answers to some question: 1) Where do I go from here? 2) How do I find out if this was the only time she has betrayed me? 3) Are the children mine biologically? 4) Will I ever be able to look at her with anything other than pain, anger and mistrust? 5) Will I ever be able to make love with her without seeing them together in my mind? 6) Can I ever trust her again? 7) How do I get retaliation on a dead man? I don’t really see them succeeding because their beliefs are so far apart on the meaning of marriage fidelity. She has really not apologized nor shown remorse for her behavior; all she has really done is try to justify her actions with excuses; I know of no woman alive who would have an affair with their boss because he is grieving a deceased wife; as a friend she should have contacted his family members and suggest grief counseling; so no she is just trying to talk her way out of the mess she now finds herself in. The only thing I see she is sorry about is that Victor found out about the affair.

I am invested in the story and will continue to read the next installment but as I stated previously you need to seriously consider a revision of the second chapter.

Stay true to your characters!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
misses opportunity

He should have banged her like a drum. It was obviously not planned and its scope would be nowhere near what his wife did, but it would have included all the elements that his wife used to rationalize her cheating. What better way to get her to "get it", then to put her in the same position.

connoisseur29connoisseur29about 11 years ago
zero

Sorry A_L, This reader has zero tolerance for infidelity from either party. Cheers!

andrewpetersandrewpetersabout 11 years ago
Next Chapters?

If the story is to continue in the way it appears, I hope you do a chapter where Vanessa comes to grips with what she really did, as there was no indication she had accepted it as 'cheating' in Chapter one. Let her realize what she did when she would stop at his house on her way home to her loving husband.

Maybe as Paula suggest she did use the move to stop the affair, but would she have stopped it without the move?

So far the story has largely been about Victor, but hopefully you will add Vanessa's ongoing struggle to the mix.

I am not necessarily against reconciliation, but if it is solely about Victor deciding his is better off with staying with her, as opposed to at least some sincere acknowledgement and apologies (begging for forgiveness will be what some demand) then the story will end with a whimper, and with a severely damaged marriage, or basically castrated husband.

Still, it is your story, and you should write it the way you want to.

andrew peters

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
disappointing

MalesThe Shrinks Statements Were Pathetic. And I Hate Weak WilLed Makes

njlaurennjlaurenabout 11 years ago
I can see the setup

With paula as sort of the foil for vanessa...frankly I agree with others,this second chapter doesn't work right..if paula is a psychologist,she is a lousy one,telling him he has cheated and therefore is the same as his wife is ludicrous,even in a non professional situation she would be an idiot to say thay;likewise telling hubby that the wife was healing the is not great, psychologists know rationalizations when they see it,and hubby knows vanessa was getting off on it. To be honest,Paula would only make sense if Vanessa sent her there to play with his head,to get him to have sex and make him feel guilty.

If you keep with victor seeing vanessa as having healed harry,or let her keep believing that she ( vanessa) wasn't to blame for what she did,this will sink like a rock.Vanessa saying things like "I am sorry I hurt you" are bullshit,it is like saying I am sorry you were hurt by what I said....it is crap. She cannot duck she enjoyed the affair and if she keeps insisting she did nothing wrong,it was meaningless,victor should make her watch the videos to see how hurtful she was,she was treating harry like a bride does a new husband,and they were in fact acting like husvand and wife,but like the bitch she is she pretends....Paula has fuck buddies and it is a perfect contrast to vanessa,paulas husband is dead yet she respects the vow she made to him with the kids,vanessa basically had another husband in harry and would have kept going if they hadnt moved and might even have left victor...if vanessa doesnt come clean and victor forces her to admit the truth,that she had fallen for harry,any reconciliation would be bogus because it would be based on a lie.If he does break it off he should tell the kids what vanessa had done and that the money harry left was payment for his whore.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Wow

About 100 comments in one day. You should appreciate how your story touched many people. Obviously, you have hit strong and common human feelings.

pakmul48pakmul48about 11 years ago
Ch 1 okay, this one not

I looked forward to this chapter, did not finish it. I will not waste my time on chapter 3. Would have given you a zero if I could.

Glenda_FiddichGlenda_Fiddichabout 11 years ago
Please No!

With all due respect to many commentators, including HDK for whom I have the greatest respect for as both an author and comentator.

You have missed the point!

This joins the ranks of the most irritating stories I've read, but...

This is an attack on marriage itself - as an institution!

And by the way Alex, you are a woman!

I will explain in a moment with examples, but for now let me point out to the author that I really do hope you've got me fooled. I, like many others on the site gave

you a 4 for your writing - the missing point was because the story is not entirely original - many authors have touched upon depression as a reason for adultery, most

spectactulary Nici in 'Something we need to talk about'. Oh, there are differences as to be expected, but fine, most themes in LW are well covered so a new slant on

an old theme is to be welcomed.

I really hope that this story will turn around, and that this - jokingly, I mean really! - psychologist is to be exposed for what she is - a lunatic.

Let me justify myself with examples.

Quote: '...just how much damage can a six inch something piece of human flesh do to a marriage by being at the wrong place? ...' UnQuote.

Well, that just put the vast majority of the human race in it's place didn't it? I mean, the men can't complain, the women can't complain - really? No damage? I

could be trivial and ask about pregnancy. Ok, then we'll go for a covered six inch something, or maybe as in this case a woman past child bearing age, but for

F'sake!

Let me go a little deeper - did our so called psychologist have a freudian slip there? I mean, she did say the 'wrong' place, yes? If it does no damage, then do it

as often as you like, but for fuck's sake, stop calling it MARRIAGE! And why bother hiding it ? This is the feminist lunacy that I cringe at!

That's one thing, but lets really have a laugh? Are psychologists supposed to be intelligent? College degrees and all that - as opposed to being 'mind readers'.

Once again, are you joking?

Check this idiot out! And I quote:

'"You refused to enter me and by doing so you more than stood by your marriage vow...'

But later:

'You may not tell your wife but deep inside you know you cheated on her."'

So he cheated, but didn't break his wedding vow(s), psychologist? Think I missed that one somewhere when I was younger, I mean I really would have partied, you know

what I mean?

Let's check another quote:

'Your wife had been associated with her boss and his wife for over a decade. Such a long period of association definitely brings about some feelings of trust and friendship, and she being a woman had soon realised that after his wife's death, what her boss was missing and hurting for from the inside was that special bonding

between a man and woman that normally comes when the man and woman have spent a number of years together. It comes naturally and perhaps that was what slowly cutting Harry away from his familiar world. Oh, he could have had relationships with some women he may meet, but that special something could not so easily be forged."

Oh dear, really?

So she blew him under his desk for weeks! A blow job, every lunch hour. And he walked tall - now he was back on his game, all those years of marriage and the grief at the end forgotten. Replace a wife of what, 30 odd years with a... for fuck's sake!

Let me be really annoyed!

'Sex between two persons is the most natural way to show love and affection. Mother Nature has made us that way and try as we may we cannot fight that."

Oh, I think his wife said, 'it was just sex'?

YES WE CAN FIGHT THAT!

We are the children of Mother Nature, but we are distinguished by morals! By the ten commandments for instance. By everything that we have been taught via the

wisdom of the agse! We are different from animals by the fact that we can say no! We CAN fight that! We do not have to give in to temptation.

We do not say, 'Thou shalt not commit adultery, unless...'

We do not say, 'forsaking all others, unless...'

In a facetious defence of the so called psychologist, I'd be much more inclined to forgive extra-marital sex as a reward for saving my child's life than the

rationalization put up here. BTW, what on earth is a 'professional rationalisation'. LOL!

Finally, why - according to the lunatic (pyschologist) doesn't he tell his wife. I mean, why would she be hurt - wasn't he a hurting man? That makes it ok. And I wonder about the lunatics dead husband, were they both happy about that 'six .. inches' landing in 'wrong' places?

Please author,

You've got me worried! A lie is a lie. A betrayal is betrayal. Will I go on? This wife enjoyed herself. Leave the selflessness alone!

BTW are you Nici, in hiding?

best,

M

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
wow

and you have the nerve to put this into loving wives ? it's rather non-erotic or did you get hard because of what happens here ? the wife is.....it's unpronounceable

and a psychologist of course a woman first seduces and fucks him after he confides her and showed her how vulnerable he is right now and then tells him he is an asshole.

and all that is erotic ? both women are not worth anything at all and he should really go and try to find peace for himself and let the whores live there lives and not bother to much. By the age of 60 sex might be still nice but for 100% not number one anymore in a relationship. Trust, love, the same values count a lot more.

with both of those opportunists, gamblers and manipulators no straight man can and will be happy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Do vows mean nothing.?

Vows mean nothing to Vanessa. Paula is selfish and Victor now rightfully feels guilt at breaking his vow of fidelity.

Fidelity can be hard. But not impossible.

I speak as a woman having been tempted but recognized the devastation infidelity can cause before breaking my marriage vows. Not worth it.

I am disappointed in Victor.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Not the Same Thing

I saw it coming as soon as he met Paula and her two kids. He would have a fling with Paula and equate it to what his wife did. Well, it's not the same thing. Victor's wife had a long term affair, lied and shared hours and days of intimacy. There is absolutely no way to equate what Victor did to the shared intimacy of many months to one night and one reluctant blow job. Now, if Victor develops a relationship and has a long term affair , lies to his wife about it, goes on vacations with her and acts like she is a second wife by sharing his life with Paula, than it would be similar. I hope the author is not going to use Victor's one night of seduction as a way for Victor or his wife to compare his behavior to Victor's wife.

timdantimdanabout 11 years ago
POOR GUY

He is just being manipulated by some feminist garbage thought. So it was just sex and she wasn't really enjoying herself, bullshit. With his wifes attitude he really needs to get out of this and makes sure all those goodies her lover is having sent to her is made community property. If the laws in this country were just he should get it all and leave her destitute.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Part 2 was a dissapointment.

Based on the direction you took this, I really don't think you need a part 3, because it seems obvious the direction you want this to go. It's too bad, because Part 1 started out as a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Started well, headed in wrong direction

What he did with Paula is not equivalent at all. One night vs one year. And, he wouldn't even had let that one night happen if he hadn't felt like his wife had already betrayed him.

His wife hasn't acknowledged how wrong she was, or the hurt she caused her husband through a year-long betrayal. Unless and until she does, he absolutely should not forgive her.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Revelations Previous Part
Revelations Series Info