All Comments on 'Revenge Is Best Served HOT'

by MySin

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
5 STARS

I don't see any problem here. Wife has a new, more exciting lifestyle. Hubby appears to be happy. What problems do the complainers have? Damn, sounds like very much fun for them on the horizon. I'd enjoy being a part of this type of relationship. Oh yes!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Suspension of Disbelief and Reality

A decent story worthy of a Four. As a male who has problems with infidelity in a partner, I do not like that the female intends to carry this further. But the main plot device is that our male hero opened this Pandora's Box and deserves getting existentially screwed. Which is a fair point--at least for consideration.

What I really want to address, though, is how commenters on Lit stories routinely lock into their Suspension of Disbelief. The basic illusion/reality dichotomy of storywriting seems lost on them. They jump in to rage against the choices that characters make and call the writers names for those choices made. Forgetting, apparently, that the writer (whether in third person or first) is telling a story.

Most stories on Lit are no doubt fantasies or just stories in which authors exercise their imaginations. And who knows why they want the characters to have flaws and use bad judgment. Whether to work through issues they have seen or experienced? or to only experience vicariously through written characters? Most likely, the stuff in these stories are part of the human condition and writers just want to explore them, for their own inane reasons.

So, why do so many readers who comment lose sight of this essential reality? That these are just stories. When commenting, we should remember that! The character is not real. The story is not real. Simply, the writer is attempting to make them realistic. If you cannot tell the diff between real and realistic, then you are a candidate for all kinds of problems in relationships, the workplace, watching so-called reality programming, and life in general. Life is hard enough without losing your grip on reality.

luedonluedonabout 9 years ago
Re: Suspension of Disbelief and Reality

To the anonymous person who made the perfectly logical comment about the fact that these stories are just stories and nothing more, please don't bring logic and reality into the discussion. Logic has no place here.

Those members of the commentariat who take themselves inside a story to make moral judgements and upset themselves about characters' behaviours clearly have a need to do so. It's also important to them that they should harshly judge the author for even thinking up the theme of the story. They can then feel morally superior to the author.

You, in turn, can enjoy the feeling of superiority you get from realising how silly their comments are. That's what I do.

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
TURN ME LOOSE AND LET ME GO LOVER

now its another turn at the bat. TK U MLJ LV NV

chytownchytownabout 9 years ago
Thanks888

For the read.

MySinMySinover 6 years agoAuthor
Anonymity

Gutless anonymous reviews are taken for what their authors think of themselves, especially the moral police who come on an erotic story website to proclaim their anonymous moral superiority. This is not a marriage counseling forum or a morality review forum. Get real or get gone.

MySinMySinover 6 years agoAuthor
Your opinion

Is welcomed if not agreed with. At least you don't behind anonymous.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Remember that old saying ??.......

'be careful what you wish for ......

you just might get it '.........

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄 .....

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Another fun story! They are simple fantasies and nothing more.

Keep them coming!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

D I V O R C E ~ Time to part ways.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous