All Comments on 'Review: The Sleeping Beauty Trilogy'

by principessa07

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Rice is now boran again!

Perhaps it's of interest to note that Rice has become born again, i.e. religious in the reborn Christian mode, & now apparently regrets & repents for much of her earlier writing ... to some degree anyway. See www.annerice.com to read her postings, about her new book on Christ The Lord, & so on. We all can & some do change, and her new trip is surely amazing, but for me anyway, not at all that inspiring. I'm not swayed by personal stories of coming to religion in this form. I hope she's happy, it appears she is.

psychedelicmothpsychedelicmothabout 17 years ago
Thanks

Thanks for the review. I was a fan of Anne Rice when I was younger but I never got around to her erotic fiction. I definitely think I'll check it out now though.

In response to the previous review. I tried to read a few pages of her last book but couldn't get into it. Given the spiritual yearning in her vampire books and all that she has had to face in her life, I don't think it's surprising that she eventually found the lord. I hope she's found peace.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Well done...

I have the first two books in the series and NEVER tire of re-reading them. I seem to always find an extra something or another that I missed. And you have to read deep to find the underlying plots. Exit to Eden is another great read.

spikysexspikysexabout 17 years ago
Alternate perspective on the Erotic potential....

My understanding of the Nome de Plume was that she was hiding from her family that she was an author. I don't have any evidence as to which story is correct.

I will agree that the first book is well written and quite erotic, however from the perspective of a heterosexual male the erotic scenes are often very lacking, focusing as they do on male homoerotisism and, with few exceptions, very little in female sex other than teasing. It has been some time since I have read it, so I may have mis-remembered just how balanced it is or is not. I only speak for my 'gut feeling' for the book.

fallenangel_jadedfallenangel_jadedabout 17 years ago
some of my favorites

I love the Sleeping Beauty Trilogy, I have gotten several people to start reading this series. I am truly disappointed that she has not explored more of her skills in this genre as I found this to be some of her best work.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous