RfH Ch. 05: Into the Crucible

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I don't know, I usually just take the bus. Can't you like, you know..." I suggested, gesturing at the broom.

"Not in the middle of the day you idiot!" She scolded. "Besides, I probably shouldn't be flying right now." She added, as her legs continued to wobble.

"Point taken." I conceded, and paid for a cab to take us to our home.

Melissa was feeling much better when we got back, she barely needed any help up the stairs.

"When I get back, I am going to have a lengthy reintroduction with the couch." She commented as we opened the door on the ruins of our apartment. "Oh right." She commented in exasperation. "They seriously haven't fixed this place up yet?!" She complained.

"Yeah, the landlord told me that it would take a couple of weeks while he was up here this morning to collect rent." I tried to explain.

"That son of a bitch is still charging rent for this shit hole?!" She exclaimed.

"Well he did dropped it by fifteen percent." I offered.

"Fuck that! I gonna go talk to that fucker and get this taken care of." She declared as she stomped back to the door.

"Come on Melissa, I mean, we did kind of cause all of this in the first place." I begged, attempting to placate her wrath.

"Perhaps." She admitted from the doorway. "But he doesn't know that." She concluded before slamming the door and storming off.

I don't know if she was intent on stabbing or fucking the landlord, but armed with her trusty dagger, and dressed in almost nothing, she was clearly capable of either. I did not envy the poor man, but when Melissa wanted something, there wasn't much in this world or the next that was going to stop her. I could only hope that I never found myself in her way.

All things considered, my situation was starting to look up, and what ever was to come, I wasn't going anywhere.