All Comments on 'Richard and the Seven Brigands'

by JohnEngelman

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireabout 2 years ago

Nice story with some excitement but it felt rushed in the telling (as in narrative) rather than the reader feeling as if they are experiencing it as it happened. For instance, we read what is essentially a summary of the battle with the brigands rather than living the thrill of it. With some expansion, possibly some creative flashbacks, and some additional dialogue to add interest, this could have been improved. Keep working on your writing and your techniques and you'll improve over time. Best wishes, SC.

WhitewaterbumWhitewaterbumabout 2 years ago

Nice little story. You could have flushed it out some. You ever really describe what Cythnia looked klike. Thes size of the estate with tenant farmers and shop owners of what.trades. I did personally enjoy your the historical, emotional and period setting wrapup

SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfunabout 2 years ago

Interesting story. I have to agree with SouthernCrossfire. Though you've done your research, and it shows, the reader needs to know more of what's going on in the Hero's head as each scene plays out, and dialogue would really help. As it stands, it sort of reads like a re-cap, instead of and action-filled struggle for life and death. You are a gifted writer, so keep writing. I'm looking forward to reading more from you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJohnEngelman@JohnEngelman
My interests are politics and comparative religion. I have over two hundred book reviews on Amazon. I like to read and write stories with romance, some violence, but no sex, no nudity, and no obscene words.