Right Place Right Time

Story Info
A magical doorway to desires fulfilled.
14.8k words
4.66
3.7k
6
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
TA_Vee
TA_Vee
10 Followers

Ayden knew he should get his ass straight into work, but it had been a full week since he took the extra time to divert to his favourite coffee shop.

His job as a systems analyst was satisfying enough, and he was pretty damn good at it for guy in his mid-twenties, but his job wasn't ever going to deliver the true joys of life. That sort of thing lay elsewhere ... and, sadly of late, that elsewhere for Ayden was nowhere.

His work hours were flexible, so a couple of times a week he went out of his way to visit a little shop that he considered one lucky find. It was always worth it. Not only for the best cup of coffee in the city, but also for the company and conversation of the proprietor, Dak. The old man had a way of improving Ayden's day.

Wyn-Find, it was called. Not a normal name for a café, but it wasn't actually a café. It was more of a combination antique/thrift/used book store. One time when Ayden had been in the area on business, he came across the place and discovered it included a little coffee nook. He gave it a shot, and oh was he pleased to taste that coffee for the first time -- and every time since.

Ayden parked his Audi at a meter near Wyn-Find and paid for a full hour, anticipating his habit of long conversations with Dak.

The old man sitting behind the cash counter looked up from his book and beamed a wide smile at Ayden. "Hey, there's my boy! Been wondering where you got to. Sit yourself down while I get your coffee."

Ayden took a seat at the one tiny table in the coffee nook as Dak stowed his book next to the cash register, slowly got to his feet and made his way over to the shop's modest coffee counter. Soon he set a steaming mug before Ayden and joined his young patron at the table.

"So, where you been the past week?" Dak asked.

"A little bump in the road with a client needed extra attention, but it's sorted out."

"Uh huh, work weighing on ya. That why you been so down lately?"

Ayden was taken aback and eyed Dak. The old man's face was calm, as always, his dark skin framed by a beard gone fully grey beneath a bald head. His deep brown eyes looked straight into Ayden's soul. It should have felt disconcerting, but instead it made Ayden feel strangely comforted.

"What makes you say that?" Ayden asked.

"Oh, I noticed something been getting you down last few times you stopped in. Then when you were no show for a week, I wondered."

Ayden was impressed with the man's insight, and it felt good to be thought of. "It's not work, not at the moment anyway," he said. "But you're right that I've been feeling shitty lately."

"My ear is yours if you care to share."

Ayden took a sip of his coffee, pausing to savour the flavour and satisfying aftertaste. "It's what's happening in my personal life," he said, "or more like what's not happening. It just feels like nothing ever goes my way, you know ... with women." He sighed. "I swear, it's like the universe is working against me. I keep missing opportunities and losing out. It's so frustrating."

"What kind of opportunities you talking about?"

Between mouthfuls of coffee, Ayden related two recent scenarios that felt like kicks to the nuts.

Just a couple of weeks ago, he had been spending all his time in his office writing a report, working late every day. Then he got called out to an off-site meeting and an assistant asked Ayden if he could use his office while he was away. The next day, Ayden found out the assistant stayed late, so was in his office when a twenty-three-year-old babe popped in to empty the waste basket -- an intelligent, witty, super-hot Master's student working part time at her uncle's cleaning service. She and the assistant hit it off and are now dating.

"My dream girl walked into in my office the one fucking day I wasn't there!"

A month before that, his buddy Carter got a call from a mutual friend of theirs, Nadia, from a bachelorette party. They needed a sober friend to do a beer run. Carter agreed, and upon arriving with the booze resupply, enjoyed some frisky playfulness with the girls. Before he left, one of the gals pulled him into a back room for an intense quickie. Now they meet for casual sex whenever they're in the mood. Ayden had been in a movie theatre at the time with his brother. When he switched his phone back on, he saw the missed call message.

"Nadia had fucking called me first!"

Ayden downed his last swallow of coffee. "I've got a bucketload of pathetic stories, but I don't think I can bear to tell them now that my mug's empty." He shrugged resignedly, not knowing what else to say.

Dak was looking at him with sympathy. "I get what you're saying, son. Right place right time."

"What?"

"Scoring the things you want in life, the things you need -- it all comes down to being in the right place at the right time."

Ayden found he could agree with that. "So why's that never happen for me?"

"Never, you say? You telling me the right place right time never happens for you ever?"

Aden let his mind reflect as his gaze floated over the small store. Neatly arranged tables, shelves and racks displayed trinkets and old clothes, antiques and curios. He couldn't imagine anyone wanting any of it, except maybe what was on the bookshelf. There were some great classics lining those shelves. The bookshelf triggered a fond memory, one that actually fit Dak's challenge.

"Yeah, there was a time I was in exactly the right place at the right time," he told Dak, "but I gotta go back to my senior year of university. It was mid-terms and the main library was too busy, so I needed another place to study. My university was heavily focused on sciences and tech, so no one used the arts and humanities library. I was the only one there, until a girl walked in. Chloe. Biology major. Came up with the same idea as me. We totally clicked and she became my girlfriend. She was something special, the best connection I ever had with anyone. Those were the happiest months of my life."

"That there's what I'm talking about," Dak said. "So what happened to this lovely girl?"

Ayden shrugged dismissively, as if he never thought about the loss. "We kind of just went our separate ways after graduation, different career aspirations, you know. She moved away, we lost touch."

"Sure, that's how it goes sometimes," Dak acknowledged. "But listen, son, you should've seen the sparkle in your eye just then when you talked about how you met her. Stay focused on that positivity. Bring back that feeling of right place right time and it'll happen for you again in the here and now."

And there it was. Dak had done it again. Made him feel better, like the day just got a little brighter. His thoughts shifted to Denise, the cute new analyst in his office. He'd had a few chats with her in the break room, and she seemed to like him.

He decided to take Dak's advice. It was time to make things go his way.

* * * * * * *

Two days later, Ayden pushed open the door to Wyn-Find. While a fine cup of coffee awaited him, his real reason for today's detour was less pleasant. He just wasn't ready to go back into the office yet.

A middle-aged woman was on her way out, so he held the door for her, which made her already broad smile even brighter. Dak working his magic on someone else, Ayden thought. Watching her leave reminded him of how rare it was to see customers in the shop. He had to admit he liked the quiet times with Dak's full attention.

"She seemed happy," Ayden commented.

Dak gave a nod. "I'll grab your coffee and you can tell me why you're not."

Was it that obvious? Ayden wondered. Or was Dak just that perceptive? He removed his blazer, draping it over the back of the chair as he sat at the little coffee nook table and waited for the old man to join him. Dak watched him in patient silence as he took a few sips of coffee before speaking.

"I believed I could turn things around, Dak. Felt good about it. I put myself in the right place at the right time, like you said, but it just doesn't work for me."

"How so?" Dak asked.

"There's a woman at work. Denise. She's new, and I like her. Thought I'd ask her out. So yesterday, I made sure to be in the break room when I knew she normally used it, ready to go for it, right place right time and all. But she didn't show up. Nope, she was in the boss's office, along with jackass Jake. Firm scored a big new client, so boss figures he'll assign rookie Denise to assist one of his more experienced analysts, get to know the ropes as she shares the workload. So tomorrow Denise is off to Montreal with Jake for a full week, spending all kinds of time together."

"Uh huh, so you figure that should've been you."

Ayden couldn't keep the bitterness out of his voice. "Just before leaving yesterday, I found out boss man chose Jakey for the job that very morning, on the spot. Why Jake? Because he just happened to stop by boss's office to say hi. That's all. So, turns out that if I wanted to get closer to Denise, I should have been hanging out in the boss's office instead of the break room. Wrong place wrong time. As usual."

"I understand your frustration, but you can't force it, son. You have to be open to letting it come to you."

Ayden had no answer to that. The old man's sentiments sounded nice but meant nothing at the moment.

"I'll tell you what, though," Dak said. "If you're really having trouble finding the right mindset, I can point you to a little something here that can help."

Ayden snorted before he could stop himself. "The solution to my bad luck with women can be found in a thrift shop?"

Fortunately, Dak took the comment in good humour, letting out a chuckle. "Here I thought you were a bright boy. Don't you get the meaning in the name of this fine establishment?"

"Wyn-Find? Never really thought about it. Just figured Wyn was your last name and you sell old stuff you find."

Dak sucked his teeth in disgust, as if it was the stupidest thing he'd heard. "Wyn is not my name. WYN stands for What You Need, my boy. What you need, you can find here -- if you're open to it, that is."

"Yeah right. No offense, but all you got here is a bunch of random junk from estate sales."

"That it? Anything else?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Why do you grace this premises with your presence regularly, even though it's out of your way?"

"Okay, for the best damn cup of coffee in the city. But so what?"

"Uh huh. And when did you first find that best cup of coffee?"

Ayden had already told Dak the story, but he played along. "As you well know ... I was tired, overworked and in desperate need of a solid coffee while out on an errand. The one I bought was so crap I trashed it, right there in front of your shop. I noticed your coffee sign and gave it a try. Rest is history."

"So, what you needed that day, you found here," the old man declared with satisfaction.

"Oh come on, what's with the magic angle? It's just coffee."

"Ah, so it's magic you're looking for, then! A supernatural solution to a need greater than a good cup of coffee."

"You're killing me, Dak. I never said I'm looking for magic."

"And what is your greatest need at this time, in this place?"

Ayden rubbed his face, feeling irritated but at the same time welcoming the chance to voice his pent-up frustration. Dak was always a good receiver. "Can't really say it's something I'll find here, my friend, cuz if I'm honest, what I need now more than anything is to get laid."

"Sex, huh? Just the down-and-dirty deed? Not that special relationship with that special someone like you were talking about the other day?"

"Man, my emotions are so fucked up right now, my brain doesn't even want to go there. Sure I want that someday, but what I really need in the here and now is a good fling."

Dak gave a slight shrug and sideways nod. Then he stood up.

"Where you going?" Ayden asked, surprised to think he may have offended the man.

"Well, come on then."

Perplexed and amused, Ayden stood and followed Dak, who travelled a mere few steps to his cash counter before stopping and turning around.

"I don't get it," Ayden said.

The old man tilted his head to the side, indicating for Ayden to look over his shoulder at the door next to the counter. Ayden was about to shrug when the realization struck him, causing his eyes to widen.

No way that door was there before.

"What the hell is this? Where did that door come from?"

"Just a random piece of junk I picked up from some estate sale," Dak said with a raspy laugh.

The door was solid wood and looked antique, beautifully carved with stately bevels and flourishes that were classy without being overdone, the most pronounced adornment being a carving into the wood at face level -- an infinity symbol, like a figure 8 on its side. Ayden stared at the symbol, which held a deep personal meaning from his past, and wondered about the connection.

Dak said in a sincere voice, "Wyn-Find, son."

Ayden considered the old man. "What I need, I find here?"

Dak gave a nod.

"But how can that door have just appeared like that?"

"Never mind where it came from. Instead, put your mind on where it leads."

"And where does it lead?"

A smile lit Dak's face. "To that elusive right place right time we talked about."

"Right place right time for what?"

"For whatever it is you're trying to find. Keep up, boy."

Ayden ran his hands through his hair, let out a disbelieving laugh and completed a tight circle before facing the old man again. "Are you telling me there's some girl on the other side of that door who wants to have sex with me?"

"Oh, I have no idea. What you find on the other side, that comes down to you."

Ayden stared at the door, not knowing what else to say. Dak had always been a great listener and a good source of wisdom and advice in the past, but this sounded like the fantasy of a lunatic. And yet, he couldn't stop staring at the door that had magically appeared out of nowhere, and a tingle of excitement stirred within him.

Dak gave the final nudge: "What could it hurt to give it a try?"

* * * * * * *

The door was an exact replica on the other side, including the carved infinity symbol. That was the first thing Ayden noticed when he stepped through and pushed the door closed.

Then he turned around -- and everything changed.

He had emerged somewhere else completely. Not into a back room of Dak's shop, as he expected, but outside into an alley between two tall buildings, all glass and steel. Certainly not the alley behind Wyn-Find.

This was crazy. Was he losing his mind? Or was that door actually magic? Dak had some explaining to do. But not just yet. Ayden figured that since he had agreed to give it a try, he should look around. He headed toward the street, busy with passing cars. His focus drawn by the traffic, he ignored the sidewalk as he emerged from the alley -- until a movement caught his eye.

It was a young woman, arms thrown out before her. In that moment, time slowed for Ayden and he saw all that was happening -- her high heel caught in a crack, her right ankle twisted sideways, her arms splayed into the open air. And she was going down.

His reaction was instant. He lunged forward and caught her.

She landed on him full body, her arms clamping around his midsection, which he did not mind one bit, though he conducted himself respectfully, helping her right herself so she could release him. But as soon as she did, she gasped and threw her weight against him again.

"Sorry," she said, "I think I twisted my ankle."

"No need to apologize. Be careful if it's injured."

"Thank you for catching me. You're a real godsend. I'm lucky you were there."

She looked directly at him for a few moments, studying him, then smiled -- and Ayden found her absolutely gorgeous. Sparkling blue-green eyes, the cheekbones of a model, lips he could only describe as deliciously kissable. Her jet-black hair was pulled back into a tight bun. She looked a bit older than Ayden, maybe early thirties, and she gave off an executive air, an impression supported by her very professional and obviously expensive skirt and jacket.

"I'm happy I was here," he replied, liking that she kept a hand on his shoulder to steady herself. "Are you okay?"

The woman shifted and winced. "Hurts when I put weight on it."

Ayden looked down, not liking the thought of her walking on that injured ankle in those heels, but very much liking the look of those toned calves. "Is there anything I can do?"

Her smile divulged that she was hoping he'd ask. "I know you've done enough already, but my condo is just a block away. If you wouldn't mind the role of crutch for that far, I would really appreciate it."

"Willing crutch at your service," he replied, positioning his arm around her slim frame to take her weight. "My name is Ayden, by the way."

"Teresa," she responded, leaning into him. "Pleasure to meet you, Ayden Crutch."

"Likewise, Teresa Tripper," he said, drawing a touché laugh from her.

Ayden enjoyed the walk, despite the added exertion, especially the feeling of her body bumping and rubbing against his side as she hobbled in her high heels. And she was fun to chat with the entire time. When she revealed that she was headed home from work, he made a point of hiding his surprise that it was evening where he now was, while it had been morning where he had opened the door. This experience was becoming more surreal by the minute.

When they reached her condo building, Ayden wondered if this was the end of the pleasant encounter. He didn't expect the woman to invite a strange man into her home -- until she asked him to take her all the way up.

As they rode the elevator to the nineteenth floor, Ayden felt Teresa press herself more fully against him. He tried not to draw the wrong conclusion, because maybe her ankle just hurt. But holy shit ... magic door. Could this really be happening?

Once inside her condo, he helped her to the sofa, where she dropped down and kicked off her shoes, lifting the sore ankle up onto the cushions.

"Ayden, sweet, would you mind grabbing a bag of peas from the freezer?" she asked.

Happy for any reason to stay longer, he gathered the frozen peas and returned to the sofa, noting how upscale the condo was. It appeared this woman got what she wanted. He laid the frozen pack over her bare ankle.

"It doesn't look swollen," he said.

She agreed that was good. "You know what else would help me relax right now? A glass of wine. Would you mind pouring me a red?"

Ayden opened a bottle of red wine off the well-stocked rack behind the small bar, noticing the expensive scotches hiding beneath the bar. He poured her glass of wine, holding off pouring a second for himself, since she hadn't invited him to.

He handed Teresa the glass and she took a substantial swallow, closing her eyes and releasing a satisfied sigh. "Thank you for all you've done for me, Ayden. I apologize for taking up so much of your time."

"It's no problem at all, I'm happy to help, whatever you need," he assured her.

She took another sip of wine. "You are truly a kind soul. In that case, would you mind helping me out of these uncomfortable work clothes?"

Ayden couldn't believe he heard her right. Teresa sipped her wine and watched him patiently until he mentally slapped himself into action.

He started with her jacket, undoing two simple buttons and then sliding it off each arm as she transferred her glass hand to hand. Next, forcing himself not to rush, he undid the buttons of her blouse, revealing an ornate black bra pulling two C-cups together into a gorgeous cleavage. Teresa again transferred her wine glass to let him slip each sleeve off.

Blouse removed, she lay back on the sofa and lifted one hip so Ayden could unzip her skirt. Pulling it down her hips unveiled a matching thong, and he felt his pants grow tighter as he slid the skirt down her legs and off.

TA_Vee
TA_Vee
10 Followers