Right Place Right Time

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

* * * * * * *

Ayden entered Wyn-Find and saw Dak sitting behind his counter reading a book, as usual. It was late morning and the shop was empty of customers. Ayden looked to where the ornate wooden door had awaited his visits over the past several weeks, where now there was only smooth wall.

"The door's gone."

"So I see," Dak answered.

"How did you know?"

"Know what?"

"That I was done with it."

"I knew no such thing. I didn't make it gone, just like I didn't make it appear in the first place. You did that."

"Me? But you ..." Ayden stopped himself, knowing he'd get no clear explanation from the enigma that was Dak, and knowing it didn't matter.

"Coffee?" Dak asked.

"Absolutely, but I'm going to have to take it to go. I'm way late for work."

"Oh? Rough night?"

"More like the best night of my life."

Dak rumbled a laugh, his back to Ayden as he poured coffee into a take-out cup. "Chloe?"

"Yeah. Chloe. We've got a lot to work out still, but the way we connected last night ... it felt like coming home. She really is the one. She always was."

Dak walked over to Ayden and handed him the lidded cup. Ayden accepted the coffee from his friend and took a deep breath. "Dak ... thank you."

Dak gave a mild shrug. "I'm just a shopkeeper."

"Of a shop where people find exactly what they need."

Dak shrugged again, then turned and went back to his chair behind the counter. At the exit, Ayden paused and looked back at the old man. "That whole right place right time thing ... it's a matter of perspective, isn't it?"

Dak didn't look up from his book as he answered. "Every door has two sides, son."

Ayden felt good as he left Wyn-Find. He took a sip of his delicious coffee and smiled. For the first time in a long time, things felt right.