Riss

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I enjoyed that immensely," he said, standing and fastening his pants. "I think you did as well. I'd like to do that again in the morning."

She said nothing as she looked down at her clothes, turning them the right way.

"I did not hear a response?" he chided, his fingers lighting on her waist.

"I did not hear a question," she answered, bending to pull on her undergarments.

He smacked her bottom. "Remember tone and decorum. Did you enjoy it as much as I did?"

"You got what you wanted," she answered, her face red. "I did what you wanted me to do."

"You refuse to admit that you enjoyed it? Even after that?" he demanded angrily. He made a disgusted noise and went to put his things away for the evening. When she finished dressing and he buttoned her buttons, he pushed her to the door with a light shove. "You can eat alone tonight," he spat, then left without her.

She walked to the inn with her head down. Did he think he was punishing her? She sat to the side, but close to the door where she could see both sides of the room. She did not look at Jacob as she sat, but she could feel his eyes boring into the back of her head. She ate quietly and half flinched when he passed her, brushing too close and went out the door. She turned her head, watching him leave out the window,

"So that's the way the wind blows, is it?" Lewis asked, sitting in the chair next to her.

She quickly lowered her face and her eyes, looking down at her plate.

He put a finger under her chin and lifted her face with a smirk. She was sure he was about to tell her about all the women who were after Jacob, but his eyes dropped to her lip and searched her face as his smile slipped and went concerned.

"Or perhaps it doesn't blow that way at all, does it?" he asked softly. He went on, not expecting an answer. "So that explains why John left in such a fury."

"Don't... don't tell anyone, please? And... you shouldn't be here. If he sees you..."

"I won't say anything. Who would I tell? He's where the buck stops in this town. If you want to get out of town though, let me know. We can ride off to Topeka together," he said with a sad smile. He got up and left her to her misery.

She went back to the boarding house and let Lydia distract her with talk about home as they sat with Alta. They were still in the sitting room when the boarders began piling in. Usually, Riss was already in her room by the time they arrived back, ready for bed, but she had stayed up late talking. She saw new faces and Lewis gave her another smile and a nod before going up the stairs.

"That man!" Alta scolded, but there was no heat to it. "He's going to get himself in a kettle one of these days!"

"He is handsome though, isn't he?" Lydia asked dreamily.

"And he well knows it. Left a trail of broken hearts behind him ten miles long, don't you fall for his wiles!" Alta admonished.

Lydia only smiled shyly and Riss stood. "It's late and I have to be up early. Goodnight."

The week went by slowly after that. Jacob was cross with her and he let her know it, seeming to think that ignoring her was hurting her feelings. She got more work done in those three days than she had since she arrived.

He paused on his way out Friday evening. "Do not forget tonight," he snapped. "I know Clara delivered the dress to your room yesterday."

"She did, it is lovely, thank you," Riss said distractedly, finishing the page she was on.

"Do not be late," he said before leaving, looking offended.

She was not late, showing up as it started, one of the few people to arrive so early. He was not there. She sat alone until Lydia arrived then they sat together, talking until the large room began filling up and the music started. Riss looked around warily and often, but she saw no sign of Jacob. She was sure she would know when he arrived, there were several women who seemed to be hovering near the door, waiting for him.

The dance was more than half over and she had turned down half a dozen offers to dance, though she did love to dance. Two men approached and one of them was one of the new boys who worked at the mill. She did not know his name yet, but him and the other man bowed to her and Lydia.

"Ladies? Join us?"

Lydia looked at her, her face beaming. "I will if you will!" she smiled.

Riss smiled back and stood, taking the boy's hand as he led her to the floor. She was smiling and even laughing by the end and he kept her on the floor through the next dance, and the next.

"What's your name?" he finally asked, leaning in close.

"Riss!"

"I've never heard that name! I'm Michael! You are a wonderful dancer!"

"Thank you!"

She barely got the word out when a hand closed around her wrist painfully and she was jerked away from Michael so hard that she landed on the floor and rolled several feet.

Jacob glared up at the dumbfounded Michael as the music stopped and several people stood. "You no longer have a job here. Leave town on the first coach out," he growled at Michael.

Lydia helped Riss to her feet. "We were just dancing!" she said in horror as she moved to Jacob. "Please, I said yes, I shouldn't have. It's not his fault, he didn't know!"

He turned to look down at her, his eyes wild with fury. "Wait for me outside," he hissed.

Riss backed away from him and then turned, hurrying outside. Lydia followed her. "Rissy? Isn't that... Isn't that man your boss?"

"Yes," she answered miserably.

More people came out the door, asking after her and leaving.

Jacob came out and his eyes went straight to her. He looked her over, his nostrils flaring as more people poured out of the building behind him.

"You had to test me," he grated. He snatched her wrist and yanked her close, then dragged her down the walkway. When he turned away from his office, she was confused until she saw his large house looming up ahead of them. He pulled her in and dragged her up the stairs to a bedroom, then shoved her to the floor, closing the door and locking it, removing the key. "Get up! Remove the dress!"

"Jacob! It was just a dance!"

"NOW! I SAW the way he was leaning into you, I saw you laughing and talking to him. Smiling like you have NEVER smiled for me! Hurry up!"

She choked back sobs as she fumbled out of her dress. She had known better! Had he been waiting back, watching her? Waiting for her to make a mistake?

She turned to him, shivering in the cold room.

"On the bed!" he demanded, pulling his own clothes off as he watched her. "No, on your back. Open your legs. Wider!"

He climbed into his bed, on top of her and looked down at her, his eyes still wild with jealousy. He went up on his knees and took hold of her legs, shoving them up to her chest so she was bent in half. She grunted and whimpered, but didn't fight him. He turned to look down at her exposed sex, then moved her legs to one arm and smacked her sex hard. She bounced and whimpered, but did not scream. Several dozen hard blows later, she did finally cry out and beg him to stop and he did. He shoved her legs up harder, then put weight on them as he leaned over her. She felt him rub the head of his cock along her wet slit, then he shoved in roughly. She screamed then too, the angle making it both hurt and feel amazing. He pushed her legs open and held her ankles on the bed next to her head as she cried out in anguish at the discomfort. He watched her face, his look completely savage as he pounded into her, ravaging her completely. He came with a roar through gritted teeth and moved his face inches from hers. "You. Are. Mine." he said angrily.

Riss closed her eyes and a single tear rolled down her cheek. He pushed off of her and rolled to his back, breathing heavily and still furious. He went up on his elbow and grabbed hold of her face, his fingers digging into her cheeks as he jerked her to face him.

"I told you to never test me. I will not have it! DO you understand?"

"Yes! Please, you are hurting me!"

"GOOD!" he screamed, squeezing harder, making her let out a keening wail as her teeth sliced the insides of her cheeks open.

She didn't think, she swung her hands, trying to free herself from his grip and her palm struck his cheek. Not hard. Just enough to enrage him. He drew back, putting his hand to his cheek in outrage, then drew back and backhanded her so hard that it almost snapped her neck. She saw spots of brightness that turned to spots of black as he vision swam. She felt sick and nausea swept through her as the room tilted. Blackness rolled over her.

She hurt and there was something cold on her cheek. She groaned in pain as she opened her eyes. Jacob was glaring down at her in the bright daylight, holding a wet cloth to her cheek.

"You have marred your pretty face again," he said angrily.

"Sorry," was all she could manage. Her mouth hurt! Her face hurt. Her jaw was the worst. She moaned again, the pain too much.

"As well you should be. Can you stand?"

"No," she whispered, closing her eyes against the light that was piercing her skull.

"I will get you something for the pain from Doc Strate."

He kept her there in his house, in his bed all weekend, and Monday as well as he left to check on the lumber sites. Alta came in to see her while he was gone and she tutted and shook her head when she saw her.

"You have a nice bruise on your cheek, but it'll fade. What won't fade is in here," she said, putting her hand over Riss's heart. "Don't you let him treat you so!"

"I have no choice," Riss answered hollowly. "I have never had a choice."

Alta sat back, concerned, then shook her head. "Then you have to leave."

"I mean to, soon. I think he will let me leave here tonight, but I don't want to see anyone when I come home? Can you let everyone think I am still gone? Just for tonight?"

"Of course. Next stage comes Friday..." she trailed off, letting it linger.

"I will see. Thank you for coming, the bread was just what I needed. Does... does everyone know?"

"I'm afraid so. No one knows the full of it, just that he got downright venomous when he saw you with that boy."

"Is Michael alright?"

"Sure, I guess. He left out to one of the lumber sites the next morning. A lotta people aren't too happy with Mr Miller right now."

"I'm sure a few dollars in the right pockets will smooth it all over quickly enough," Riss sighed numbly. "Alta? Do you have anything to help a sour stomach?"

"I do. I will make you a tea that'll make you feel much better. Best thing for you is to get you out of this big lonely house! Get you home. I have a pie baking, should be done soon. Oh, that reminds me. Gil will be stopping in to have some after his shift today," she said, her cheeks turning crimson.

Riss smiled at her and held her hand, squeezing it. "He seems a very fine man," Riss said, happy for the first time in days.

Jacob did let her go home that evening, but he didn't seem happy about it as he scowled down at her bruised cheek and ran his thumb over it gently. "You will be more careful," he commanded.

"I will," she answered, her head down. "Thank you for taking such good care of me."

"It was no trouble. You hardly take up any room in my bed and... it wasn't at all bad to have you close and warm now that the nights are cooling off."

"And thank you for not... doing anything or taking advantage of the situation," she whispered.

His cheeks spotted then as he lifted his chin. "I had no want to hurt you, not at all. Not really. You pushed too far."

"I know I did," she said quickly. "And I will never do so again."

"Good. I would not add to your obvious pain with more... I am patient when I need to be. Go now, before the men start returning from the inn and saloon."

She turned and hurried away, slipping quietly by Alta and Gil talking quietly at the small table in the kitchen. She shut and locked the door, then huddled down against it and allowed herself to break down and cry.

The next morning she was miserably sick, vomiting and laying on the floor as she tried to soothe her heaving stomach. Alta came in with a tea and stroked her hair back as she helped her sip it.

"I never get sick," she mumbled miserably.

"How many days you been sick like this?" Alta asked softly.

"Three days?"

"How many days has he been bedding you?"

Riss froze in horror. "No," she whispered. "NO!" she wailed and broke down sobbing all over again. "I can't Alta, I can't! I can't stay here, not now! He will hurt me and I will lose it! I have to go!"

"Shhhh, hush now child. Shhhhh. Don't you worry. Gil will help me get this all squared away. We'll have you on Fridays stagecoach home. You get through the next couple days and you will be right as rain in no time."

"Thank you! Thank you. Gil... he knows everything. He has known for a bit. He already said he would help me leave."

"Well and good then. Come on now, drink up this tea and don't leave him waiting for you. Don't give him a reason to be cross again. And don't let him know! No tellin what a man like him might do. There you are, let's get you dressed now. Clean your face up. You'll be just fine. There you go."

Riss shook all the way to the inn and then hesitated at the door as three dozen heads swiveled to her and the room went quiet. She looked down and turned, then hesitated again, not knowing if she was supposed to sit with him or not. He stood and held a chair at his table for her. She ate quietly with her head down, trying to keep the nausea at bay.

When he finished, she followed him quietly to the office, not looking at the quiet men who she knew were all watching them leave. The day passed abysmally slow, but as it did, the nausea waned. By afternoon, she felt fine. That didn't stop her from being terrified when he called her into his office that evening just as they were closing down for the day.

He sat on his couch and pulled his cock out, then laid back on the couch. She didn't ask what he wanted, she went to her knees and took him in her mouth and he moaned and stroked her hair and her jaw as she worked. He came quickly again and she pulled back and went to get a drink without ever speaking.

"You are still lovely, even with a bruised cheek and a split lip that has not quite healed yet."

"Thank you," she said softly, then left. She hurried to the inn without him, knowing he had to do his routine still and she ate so quickly that she was finishing as he sat down. He looked cold and angry. She knew there was no chance of leaving now, so she sat quietly as he ate, picking at the few bites left on her plate like she was also eating.

The next day went almost the same, save that he made her come in first thing in the morning as well as before they left. She was unable to stomach the one in the morning, moving to vomit as soon as he finished shooting into her mouth.

"That was unseemly," he admonished. "It is not so bad as that, you are exaggerating."

She sipped water, her face pale as she managed to nod.

She did the same the next morning and he got angrier this time. "You really are being a child about this! Twice a day is not so much and you act as if I want the world from you! And it isn't like I am not paying you," he said angrily.

"I am sorry. I think I am getting a cold with this cool weather coming in," she whispered as she pressed her head to the cool basin.

"Are you feverish?"

"I... I think so," she lied.

He sent her home and she laid down until the nausea passed, then she pulled out her old dress, getting it ready for the morning. She hung all the dresses he had made for her, leaving them behind, along with the other new things.

In the morning, Alta sat with her while she was sick and helped her sip tea. She told one of the boys to tell Gil to tell Jacob that she was still running a fever. In an hour, Gil was back and Alta had helped her dress as she sat, pale and shaking.

"My Ramona was always this sick with both my boys," he said nodding in commiseration. "It'll pass and it'll surely be worth it."

"Thanks," was all Riss could manage. They got her to the stagecoach and Alta ensconced her with a napkin filled with food and a canteen of ginger tea. Gil handed her a small change purse that felt full. "No, Gil, it's alright. I can't accept this."

"You WILL accept it girl," he said gruffly. "It ain't just mine, all the boys pitched in some. They all know why you was here, what your family was needin', why you stayed as long as you did. Ain't like they'd spend it on anything but drink, cards and girls anyway. Go on then."

Alta hugged her and wiped tears away. "You just get home safe and write me when you have that babe. Tell me all about it."

"I will, thank you. Thank you both."

The ride out of Manhattan was somber and quiet, alone on the stagecoach. She laid her head in her arms as she curled up on the seat and tried to quiet her stomach.

She was getting away.

He wouldn't even know, he thought she was home sick. She may even be home with her family before he knew! She felt a little thrill ride through her. Home. She closed her eyes.

She woke when the coach rolled to a stop and sat up to look out, wondering what town they were in. There was no town, just plains. She looked out the other window, confused. She heard yelling.

"... do have a warrant here for breach of contract, signed by the sheriff and Mr Miller himself. You need to get her out here and we are taking her back with us."

Riss opened the door and looked out at the men in horror. She knew one, he was a foreman, the other was a deputy she had seen but never met.

"Please! Don't do this! Ray, you KNOW what sort of man he is, I can't go back!"

"Ma'am, what I know is you signed a contract your first day to work for him for two full years, took advance on your pay and then hightailed it out of there."

"That is NOT what happened!"

"He has receipts for the wired money he sent your family."

"But that is NOT how it happened! Not at all, please! Don't take me back there! He will beat this baby out of me, you know he will!"

Ray paused and looked down at her belly warily. He had the grace to turn red. "Matt, go ahead and get her down from there and put her on your horse."

The deputy got down and started towards her and she sat down helplessly. She looked at the drivers who stared down at their hands. They would have nothing to do with this. Matt was gentle as he picked her up and set her on the ground, then led her to his horse. He set her up on it, sidesaddle, then climbed on behind her.

The trip back was faster as they ran the horses hard and she had to clench her teeth to keep them from rattling as she held onto Matts arm. When town came into sight, she looked up at him. He glanced down and set his face in a hard mask, determined. She sighed, but spoke anyway. "You'll not want to be up here with me where he can see you," she said in resignation. "He is jealous."

"He is," Ray agreed.

"When we get close to the office," Matt said with a nod.

When they got close, Matt dismounted and led the horse to the office and started to reach up for her. She waved him off quickly as the door slammed open.

"What the hell were you thinking?!?" Jacob demanded, coming around and yanking her off the horse himself. He dragged her inside and the two men followed as he dragged her back to his office and slung her at the couch.

"Easy sir!" Mat said quickly. "The babe!"

"You won't..." Jacob began, then froze. He spun to Riss, his eyes going to her belly that she was holding protectively. There wasn't even the tiniest of bumps yet, but she was still terrified he was going to beat the tiny life out of her. He closed the distance and went to his knees in front of her, then froze, his hands inches from her stomach.

"A babe?" he asked, in awe. "How... how do you know?"

"Morning sickness," she answered, her lip trembling.

1...345678