Ritual Pt. 01

Story Info
Sandra and Jay attend their first pagan ritual.
7.8k words
4.42
5k
5
0

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 07/29/2023
Created 07/20/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Bianca_P
Bianca_P
47 Followers

Hello lovelies. Here is the first of a two-parter, describing our heroine's first visit to a Pagan Ritual.

Disclaimer - not all Wiccan/Pagan/Witchcraft rituals involve nudity. Very few involve full-on sexual coupling. However, this is Literotica and I reserve the right to make full use of my artistic licence.

I've decided to have a play with (settle down) some Artificial Intelligence language tools. I've inserted an edited version of an AI generated text into a section. I would be interesting if you would add a comment to let me know where you think that might be. Just an experiment - no prizes.

Happy reading.

***

The rest of the week was fairly mundane, apart from, you know, an almost homeless couple searching for somewhere to live. The same responses over and over. Sorry, can't accommodate under-twenty-fives; Sorry don't take unmarried couples; Sorry, we need references from your last two landlords; Sorry, your primary earner doesn't have permanent full-time employment (what!).

We had an offer from my mum and dad, and another from Jay's parents. There were, of course, conditions attached to both offers; "but only my daughter;" "only our son!" Or words to that effect.

Sunday arrived. 

"So? Are we going to the spooky witch house?" Jay asked.

"Oh, I don't really..."

"Come on. You heard what Ted said."

We'd mentioned our invitation to Ted during the week. He'd advised us that modern witches are not what you see in the movies. They aren't haggard crones with warts that cast spells on people that look at them funny. They don't look like Christopher Lee, tall and dressed all in black, wearing a signature ring displaying secret sigils. They don't practice what writers like Wheatley refer to as "black magic" and they don't perform human sacrifices. Most of them don't even dance naked around a bonfire. And no one is likely to be burnt in a giant wicker man.

"It's a bit weird, though," I objected

"We go to the Spiritualist Church, don't we?

"That's a bit... It's not... that's diff..." I was finding it hard to justify one and not the other. "Okay. Once! Out of curiosity."

Number 42 didn't sound that far away from 16, but these were massive properties with rambling driveways. The house we sought was about half a mile from us. It felt like the same distance from the road to the front door. Unlike the building that housed our humble abode, with its short front garden, this was like walking through a golf course. 

We reached the front door, for which we had to climb four steep steps, and pushed the bell. In the far distance I heard the Avon chime, which surprised me. Jay saw the look.

"What? Expect the Addams family bell? Wait for the eight-foot butler gargling gravel."

"Fuck off!" I punched his arm.

The door creaked open until it revealed the beaming smile of our new friend George. "Hello young Sandra and Jay." Come in. I hesitated while I inspected his body from his smile to his bare feet and back up his green robe to his face. The robe, tied at the waist, was a deep forest green and resembled an ankle length kimono but made of a material that looked like cotton. It probably was cotton. Jay had stopped a few feet into the hallway, his head turned, watching.

"Oh, we only wear the heavy black cloaks outdoors when it's freezing," he explained. "These are summer and indoor robes." 

"Green?" I queried, looking again. Though he was at least as old as Ted, George, I still struggled to imagine a witch called George, was tall and slender, though not skinny. I imagined he had an athletic type of body under there.

"Well, mine is. We don't have a colour code. Wear whatever colour speaks to you here."

Jay held out his hand, which I took, feeling the comfort of his presence, making me feel somewhat safer.

"Straight down the hallway to the end and turn right, through the kitchen into the garden room," George instructed. We complied and George followed close behind. 

We found the garden room through the kitchen, as George had suggested, and through wide patio doors. My eyes popped, and I gasped through my open mouth as we passed through the open door into an all glass room that extended into the estate-like garden. Even with the outdoor illumination, I could not see where the garden ended.

Larger than our bedsit, the garden room floor was tiled in a black and white chequered pattern, much like a giant chessboard. In the corners were the biggest cheese plants, rubber plants I'd ever seen. Hanging from the roof was what I now know to be bougainvillea. 

"Take a seat, if you can find one," George offered. I looked around at the gathering or about a dozen people, some in robes of various colours, some in casual street clothes, some sitting on traditional seating, while others sat on bean-bags or large floor cushions. One was standing by the garden door. Some were drinking from wine glasses. "Come on, make room for our new guests."

"Here you are, loves," said an attractive woman who seemed to be about George's age and dressed in the same green colour as him, which enhanced the Celtic redness of her hair. "I can make room for one over here." She shuffled everyone along what looked like a large three-seater rattan settee to make a fourth space. Jay nudged me and I sat down in the space just uncovered. "Hello love, I'm Jennifer. George's Wife."

"Hi." I responded. "I'm Sandra, or San to most people."

"Not Sandy then."

"No! No ever Sandy."

"People have died for less," said Jay, who'd walked over to join us.

"There you go, young people," said George, handing two glasses of dark red liquid. "Don't worry. Not blood. It's just redcurrant juice. We saved the blood till after the sacrifice." George chuckled at this as my face betrayed my fear.

"George! Behave!" An older woman opposite called. "He does this every time we invite someone new."

"That's my mother." Jennifer spoke to me.

"Your mother?"

"Oh, yes. Three generations here. My mother Georgina." As she pointed, the older woman waved. "And my daughter over there. Say hello, Trisha." She pointed at the standing girl.

"Hello. It's Raven." Trisha was a slender, black-haired stunner about the same height as me, dressed in a black robe. She wore purple lipstick, which matched her eye shadow, lined with black. I'd never seen make up like it. 

"Sorry. Raven. She's eighteen; nineteen in a couple of weeks. You wouldn't think so; she looks so young. We named her Patricia, but about five years ago, she decided she wanted to be called Raven. How silly is that?"

"It's not silly." Raven was indignant. "It's my Spirit name."

"I'm teasing, my love."

"Forgiven." Raven then smiled with the radiance of an angel, belying her sultry, gothic look.

I looked up at Jenifer's hair; she noticed. "Oh, that's not her real colour. Raven is as red as a tomato underneath that sleek stallion's mane of hers." She laughed, as did Raven. I took a gulp of my drink. "Oh, we'll have stronger stuff later. We don't drink alcohol before a ritual. Rule, you know."

"Okay," I said, not knowing why.

Jay, who'd been remarkably quiet till now, choosing to observe, spoke. "Aren't there supposed to be thirteen in a coven?" The entire room fell silent as twenty eyes turned to stare at him. Mine joined in.

"Shush, young man." It was an accented woman who spoke. I guessed at French. "That's a myth spread by, erm..." She thought for a moment. "Ignoramuses."

"It's just people like Wheatley that insist on the thirteen poppycock," George informed us.

"And we don't really refer to ourselves as a coven," Georgina said. "We are a circle. Much simpler and less, shall we say, sinister."

"Sorry." Jay looked embarrassed. 

"Not to worry, young man," said George. "Common misconceptions. You're not the first, nor will you be the last." He glanced around. "Speaking of which, time to prepare for the sacrifice. Oops, I mean, ritual." He winked at Jay.

"Come on Sandra, dear." Jenifer stood as she spoke. "I have some robes for the two of you to use." She held out her hand, which I took. "You can bring your drinks." She grabbed Jay's free hand and led us out, back through the house to the stairs.

***

We entered a large bedroom, which boasted a prominent double bed with brocade counterpane and what looked to be a lacquered mahogany bedroom suite. The chest of drawers held an ornate bowl and water jug. In an alcove was a built-in washstand with gold-coloured taps.

"This is one of the guest bedrooms." Jenifer informed us.

"One of them?" Jay spoke.

"Yes, we have six guest rooms. This is the largest. Then there is mine and George's at the far end and Trisha's, I mean Raven's across the from her. Two more guest rooms across the landing, one with its own bathroom, and three on the next floor up." She was matter of fact about this, not bragging. "There is another bathroom between the tow over the and we've got one in our room.

"Wow!" Jay seemed impressed. "A mansion."

"Not exactly. But it's home and we do have lots of guests staying over. Right! Here's a couple of robes for you." She opened the small wardrobe and pulled out what looked like two kimonos. "Take your pick for colours. I'm guessing purple for Jay and saffron for Sandra." Spot on. She placed them neatly on the bed.

I picked up the saffron robe and held it, as if to push an arm through the sleeve.

"Oh, love. We don't wear clothes underneath."

"Oh!" I said, embarrassed, and went to raise my T-shirt as Jay unbuttoned his shirt. "I, erm. I'm not wearing a bra."

"That's okay love." Jenifer pulled at her ties. "Neither am I." 

She pulled her robe open like a pair of wings and, without voluntary intent, both Jay and I stared, though Jay averted his eyes in a flash - pun intended. For someone who was almost as old as my mum, Jenifer's skin was like silk. Her boobs hadn't drooped as I would imagine they would have; her nipples were prominent, though not aroused, surrounded by deep red haloes. Unable to resist, my eyes drifted down to her neat, very slight bump of a navel, below which, her red pubes showed some signs of grey wisps. The oldest naked form I had seen previous to this had been Aunty Jean's, and she wasn't that old.

I pulled off my T-shirt and untied my skirt. Jay and I were down to our undies together, and I went to pick up my selection. 

"As you could see, we wear nothing at all under the robes. Underwear off as well." Jenifer was tying her robe by now. 

"Oh. I see."

"And don't forget bare feet. Closer to nature that way." As I slipped off my satin cammies, Jay turned his back towards Jenifer. Neither of us realised that we could have robed up first, then removed our underwear. "Don't be shy, love. We're all the same underneath. Only two types. Innies and outies; bumpies and flatties. And sometimes it's hard to tell the difference. All the more reason not to bother covering up." A chuckled followed.

I pulled on my robe and I caught the look on Jay's face as he realised that his robe was still on the bed, where Jenifer was standing. I could have grabbed it and handed it to him, but I smirked at him instead. He tried to sidle subtly to the bed but Jenifer moved, perhaps inadvertently, perhaps not, so he had to turn face on to reach the other side of her. She cast an admiring glance to Jay's crotch. 

As he turned away to pull on his robe, Jenifer smiled. "Nothing to be embarrassed about there, love." Jay blushed.

By the time we re-entered the garden room, everyone was robed. I wondered if Jay was imagining Raven's nakedness under her black garb, now he knew. I knew I was. And the young guy opposite, who reminded me a little of Benny, but far more attractive; he looked about the same age.

Towards the four corners of the room stood four columns, which weren't there before. They each held a different coloured candle, and each had some paraphernalia around the base. In the very centre, set at a diagonal, stood a heavy polished oak table that, I guessed, was a little over twelve inches high, about five feet long and about half as wide. George unfolded a multicolour cloth as big as a bed sheet. He laid it on the table to reveal a pentagram in the centre. He placed a dagger near the centre, at which my eyes sprung wide. 

Sensing my alarm, Raven came to me and said, "It's not for sacrifices. It's symbolic of the masculine energy. and it's called an A-tham-ay, and it's not spelled as you'd imagine. It's A-T-H-A-M-E. The only thing it will ever cut is a wedding cake. And that," she pointed to a chalice that George had just placed next to the dagger, "represents the feminine energy. See - ones a cock and the other's a cunt." Such common words came from the mouth of one so posh, surprised me. An incense burner was next, which was already smoking but didn't smell very nice. "That's just charcoal you can smell. He'll put some incense on after." I was grateful for the lesson. Looking at Jay, I couldn't be sure if he was intent on listening to the lesson or more intent on ogling Raven. I elbowed him playfully, just in case.

The final touch on the altar was a tall brass candle stick containing an orange candle. "That must be for you two," Raven said. "Orange for abundance, ambition. It means other things as well, but I suspect that is his intention." I looked at her, puzzled. "Oh, Dad's told us all about you and how the vicious landlady is turfing you out on your ears."

"Oh. Yes. That's right." I wasn't sure whether to be flattered or insulted. Jay remained silent. "We have to find somewhere to live within a couple of weeks."

"Don't worry. This will sort you."

"Can everyone go through to the kitchen please?" We all complied with George's instruction, barring George and Jenifer. I assumed they would be the High Priest and Priestess. Those with drinks finished them, and placed their glasses near the sink. Raven turned off all the lights off and disappeared briefly. While she was gone, the garden lights extinguished, leaving just the dim glow from the small lamps in the garden room.

"Hi, I'm Peter," came a dark voice from behind Jay and me. We both turned to see a man, probably in his thirties - he looked to be about Dennis's age - smiling. Peter was not classically handsome and had a bit of a paunch, but it was by no mean's repulsive.

"Hello, Peter. I'm Sandra and this is..."

"Jay. Yes, I know. This young chap is Davey. He's only a young whipper-snapper, aren't you, Davey?"

"Erm, hello." Davey's voice was quiet. Shy.

"You wouldn't think he's been coming here for three years." He gave Davey a one-arm hug around the shoulders. "This is Paula. She's an old hand at this."

Paula stopped. "Do you mind? Young hand! Hello you two. Glad you're here."

Everyone seemed so nice. There were more people whom we would get to know later or another day. Yes, they were so friendly I thought I'd probably like to come again. We could see George and Jenifer, the elders, doing something in the dimness of the garden room.

"What's the smell?" Jay asked no one in particular. 

"It is sage. It's for cleansing the space," the French accent came from beside Jay. "I'm Collette."

"Hello, Collette." I responded. "Where are you from?"

"Formby."

"I'm sure that's not a Formby accent."

She giggled. "I know. I like to... I think your expression is 'take the peese' is it?"

I laughed at this piss take of us English. "Yes. It is taking the piss."

"I'm from Orleans, France."

"Like Joan of Arc."

"Oui. Like Maid of Orleans."

"You look different in robes." She wore lilac.

"Yes. Not so, erm. Fat."

"You're not fat."

"Not in robes, maybe."

"Witches and witches, not forgetting our young acolytes," George called. "Please enter. Remember, the circle is not protected until the quarters are called."

Jay and I held back while the others filed through, one by one. Each had to pass through a gateway created by the two elders. Each had to pause and receive a kiss from the Priest and Priestess while each said, "Enter in perfect love and perfect trust. Blessed be." Each entrant replied with, "Blessed be."

"I'm not sure about this," whispered Jay, seeing that George even kissed the males on the lips as they entered.

Raven left the line and rejoined behind us, saying, "Can't have you two entering last."

I passed into the circle ahead of Jay, glimpsing Jenifer's chest, nipples now aroused. "Enter in perfect Love and perfect trust," Jenifer recited and kissed me on the lips, seeming to linger a little longer than she did with the others. "Blessed be."

"Blessed be." 

"Enter in perfect Love and perfect peace." George's voice was deeper and seemed more mystical. He held my shoulders and kissed me on the lips, almost as long as Jenifer did. "Blessed be."

I walked into the circle and glanced back at Jay, who was receiving the same greeting. His whole body stiffened as he received the kiss from George. After his "Blessed be," he joined me in the circle.

Jenifer and George took their places at either end of the altar, facing the centre. "Please ensure you are by your own quarter candle," Jenifer instructed. Jay and I looked puzzled. 

"You don't have to worry," came a voice from my right side. I'd not been introduced to its owner. "You stay where you are." Raven shuffled to the end behind her dad, in front of the green candle.

***

"The circle is set, the circle must be cast," George called.

Jenifer picked up the athame, as they actually spelled it, and pointed it to the floor with one hand while pointing to the ceiling with the other. "Take a moment to ground yourself. Visualising those roots growing from your feet to penetrate the floor and move into the earth below. Feel your own energy passing through to connect with the mother."

"The bright circle of energy surrounds you while you focus on our intention tonight, to bring security and prosperity to our invited guests."

Jenifer pulled a small pouch from a inside her robe, presumably a hidden pocket. She opened the incense burner and emptied the contents on to the grey charcoal disc and it immediately smoked, filling the air with a not unpleasant aroma, which was reminiscent of a Catholic Church. She returned the pouch to its home inside her robe.

George picked up the burner by the chains that lay around it and let it waft back and forth as he and Jenifer moved behind Raven, who was at the north side of the circle. Jenifer raised her athame with both hands, mumbled something I couldn't hear, as George held the incense burner high, allowing it to sway as before. Jenifer lowered her hands, pointing the athame outwards at about shoulder height. "By the power of the Earth, I cast this circle," she called, then promenaded clockwise behind the circle of attendees; George followed with the incense. At a quarter of the way she called, "By the power of Air, I cast this circle," and, "By the power of Fire, I cast this circle," at the halfway point. At the fourth compass point she called, "By the power of Water, I cast this circle."

On reaching Raven again, Jenifer called, "By the power of Spirit, this circle is cast. May it protect and contain us, and may it be a space of love, light, and power." They each resumed their place at the altar.

George placed the incense burner on the altar and retrieved a box of matches from inside of his robe and lit the orange candle. He picked up the candlestick and said, "now the Quarter Guardians may be called." He walked towards Collette.

Collette turned to face outward, and all turned towards her as she stooped to pick up a feather from beside the column; it looked like an owl's in colour. "Hail to the Guardians of the East, powers of Air and intellect," she called as she held the feather up high. "I call upon you to witness and bless this rite, to lend us your strength and stability. Be with us now." She took the candlestick with its yellow candle and held it towards George, who touched the wick with his flame. "Hail and welcome."

Bianca_P
Bianca_P
47 Followers