RMN Pt. 01: Introduction

Story Info
No story, Intro & background only.
851 words
4.11
3.4k
1
0

Part 1 of the 8 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 05/01/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

RestaurantsMeetsNet Pt. 01: Introduction

Please be aware that this story is a "slow burn" Romance, so if you are seeking a quick-gratification story, this is NOT for you.

However, it does include some scenes of incest.

* * * * *

This whole part can be skipped, if you so wish, as it does not contain any of the story line, only an explanation of my basic concept for the story, and the angst that developed during its creation.

* * * * *

This tale started out being an amalgam of two 'spirally/swirly' ideas.

The first was a kind of vague idea about people meeting up through a sort of internet dating system.

And as I thought around that concept, I was considering mechanisms, and about the "hows" something could be done; the "whys" were obvious.

* * * * *

Then the memory of Mumsnet took hold of me. So, I looked in on Mumsnet, and got a general idea how they did things; even when they used abbreviations and acronyms that meant nothing to me -- AIBU being an example (Don't expect me to do ALL the work here -- try sussing it out for yourselves -- if you don't already know).

But my ideas coalesced to a general story line; and the name that appeared out of the dark background of the screen in my mind was -- CougarNet!

Searching the web showed that, at that time, it was already in use! For various things, including by University of Houston.

* * * * *

OK, then ... how about CougerNet (replacing the 'a' with an 'e')? But that had also been used.

* * * * *

So, I came up with a working-title, based on the expanded idea that I could use meetings in restaurants (etc.) as the leaping-off place for each chapter, with each chapter being an encounter. The advantage was that it could also be relevant for "Silver Foxes", as well as "Cougars".

Over the years (honest!) that this story has taken to develop, its title has gradually morphed into what it is now.

And as you will see, that has -- more-or-less -- been achieved, as far as 'cougars' are concerned. anyway; however, the 'Silver Fox' aspect is there only via allusion.

* * * * *

I also envisaged quite a few of chapters, based on the number of characteristics I wanted one of my characters to adopt.

* * * * *

I got the first chapter drafted, quite successfully, and this has now become "Part 2"; and that was followed, again successfully, and quite quickly, by what is now "Part 3".

Then, getting out of step, I wrote "Part 5", then had to change the title (and the text of that chapter) because the restaurant name I "created" had already been used by a celebrity chef's restaurant.

Then getting further out of step, I created what has become "Part 8". I found writing this was an emotional strain, so I was quite emotionally exhausted (what a wimp!) ... but I was, and am, pleased with it.

* * * * *

Then I went back and started writing "Part 4".

* * * * *

Now, to be honest, and emphasising my wimp-out here: - writing those last two sections pretty near killed-off my 'write urge'!

* * * * *

Writing "Part 4" right after "Part 8" crashed me into the writing 'desert' -- I didn't know 'where' to go next, so writing all but stalled -- and for some time.

* * * * *

I played around with what would become segments of "Parts 6 and 7", adding bits here or there, and massaging "Part 4" into a more coherent whole, so there were less holes overall (sorry, my use of both 'whole' and 'holes' so close together there was wholly unplanned). I then went back and manipulated "Part 8" to absorb ideas that came out of the development of "Part 4", in an attempt at pulling this last "Part" fully into the story.

* * * * *

But essentially creation for the story had died.

* * * * *

So, Dear Reader, that is why those Parts could-be/are, possibly, unsatisfying for you; but I felt I couldn't give any further Parts (or fully develop those already created), to the extent that I originally intended; and left you with this, the best, I feel, of a frustrating job of incompletion.

* * * * *

Then, it seemed that it was not only this Tale that burned out, but also my general 'need' to write.

However, I did manage to coax two more out, namely "Rubeum Allec", and "Wingman" -- both short stories -- into the light with reasonable ease ... but this Tale might prove my 'novella' swan-song; although I already have several novels/novellas virtually publishable, but some would not pass Literotica's Guidelines, so they would have to be published elsewhere -- sorry.

Still, I hope that you get some enjoyment from this Tale, and have enjoyed, or will enjoy, my other tales.