All Comments on 'Roderick and Gorlana Pt. 03'

by coax_me

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
abiostudent3abiostudent3over 1 year ago

This was an excellent read. I'm glad I found your story - but my goodness it's sad to know I'll be waiting for a while until the next chapter!

anon7734Eanon7734Eover 1 year ago

I'm grateful to be blessed with another chapter of this amazing story. My only gripe is that I don't get Rodrick decision making at all. Vanessa betrayed him and set him up to possibly lose his life just because she was jealous. After that he almost immediately forgives her. For me that would be the end of any and all possible interest in a girl. After that he also takes out his frustrations on other orc girls who didn't deserve it like Faurleng by sending her away for no reason. He could have been in a happy relationship but instead he almost died (again) in covered in his own piss under a dead bear. Maybe it's just me but Vanessa just comes across as a childish spoiled child in half of her conversations. Hopefully she's gone now. Orc girls ftw!

anon7734Eanon7734Eover 1 year ago

And think this and 'Late' by thereshegoes are some of the best series I've read on this site and I've been here for a couple years now. You should be proud.

coax_mecoax_meover 1 year agoAuthor

Yes, I know I'm a bit of a slow writer. I got stuck for a bit on this one too, I'll admit. I'm trying to keep a decent pace, but that said, I know not to force it otherwise my mood/inspiration and likely the quality would suffer. I feel like the next one will be quicker and not quite as long, but I might have said that with this one too... So I apologize for the wait, and hopefully I'm not losing too many of you along the way. In the end I think it's the old rule of – You can have something done well, done fast, and done cheap/free, but you can only choose 2 of the 3. (and no I'm not about to monetize this to quit my day job). Thanks for the feedback and ratings, I really do appreciate it.

JackobeJackobeover 1 year ago

This is an amazing story keep up the good work.

mrappledarknessmrappledarknessover 1 year ago

Wonderful! I'm eagerly looking forward for the next chapter. Might be a great Christmas present ;) *hint, hint*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

he has no sense of responsibility towards his station, seems like an idiot.

Cuthcavs55Cuthcavs55about 1 year ago

This was great and I can’t wait for more. I’ve got to say that it’s an annoying feature that people can comment anonymously on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Unbefuckinglievable!!!! How can I love a cliffhanger this much!,, lol

drewhawk23drewhawk2312 months ago

I really enjoy this story. I've aforesaid been a fan of the fantasy genre. The twists and turns make it very appealing and keep your interest.

There are some editing/grammatical errors that detract slightly from the enjoyment, though. I'd be happy to proofread/ edit any future stories you write. I actually enjoy doing that.

Thanks for the story and keep them cumming! ;-)

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Oh fuck!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

@Coax_me : Finished the 3rd chapter in day 3 since I started reading. Last night I had a vivid realisation. I finally remembered why I wanted to write, this style of writing which was close to my heart. I always wanted to write like this and I did many years back... I'm now a FAN. Looking forward to chapter 4.

~ Ruby Black

KnightofmindKnightofmind10 months ago

This is freaking excellent. Prime rib. No fat or gristle just wonderful medium meat. A fine Au Ju of setting and love triangles and a peppery layer of seasoning (tension) creating an outer bark (plot) that radiates a delicious wafting odor (resolution) which drives one forward like an impatient dinner guest following his nose!

My compliments to the chef!

RamazaRamaza8 months ago

This is an amazing story so far, the characters evolving more and more, Rodericks struggles with both his own nature, dual as it is, but also his fight for peace and to find love, being split between Gorlana and Valessa.

Looking forward to read and enjoy the rest.

GimliOakensGimliOakens6 months ago

Wowwwieee.. holy moly this is good!

Bluesea00Bluesea004 months ago

Now the story turns into a twisted romeo and julieta Story.

Ver good job indeed , characters keep being credible. (Which is hard with how the ploy evolves)

Bluesea00Bluesea004 months ago

Mayhap our hero is bit of a fickle , given how honorably he is ...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usercoax_me@coax_me
Simply a longtime reader that started to delve into writing a bit myself, and decided to share some of it on here.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES