All Comments on 'Roderick and Gorlana Pt. 04'

by coax_me

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
LtrockhardLtrockhardover 1 year ago

Amazing story, have been waiting for this part.

Now I'll have to wait for next part for months, though if you next part of this story bit early in any other paid platform, do let me know. It'll make Christmas:)

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The story and writing is excellent. The long overdue release of this story was way too long. I hope that future releases will not take as long as those of us that are following the story lose context and have to reread a lot in order to truly enjoy the story.

anon7734Eanon7734Eover 1 year ago

Each of these chapters is like a mini book that I enjoy thoroughly. Thank you so much for putting the time and effort into creating these masterpieces.

Rex0naRex0naover 1 year ago

Mixed feeling after this chapter. I feel too much has come between them and it's becoming hard to believe the "love conquers all" shtick as more and more piles up between them. Also, Galmora has brought most of this on herself and Roderick is always left to suffer for it.

She left first. Her failed rutt suffering was of her own making, even if she was not aware at the time. And she willingly sold herself for the rechlingers' alliance despite the advice of everyone else around her. Roderick is always suffering because of her choices and the love they have seem to have is being forced on them more by orc nature than actual substance.

I'm almost rooting for Vanessa at this point since she hasn't made Roderick suffer as much and she has shared more meaningful encounters with him that extend past just satisfying baser needs.

The writing itself is still great though. Looking forward to the next chapter.

PhysicallyImpossiblePhysicallyImpossibleover 1 year ago

Reading this chapter has left with torn feelings I had not expected when I picked up this story.

Based on the premise, it was easy to foresee a messy middle to the love story presented, yet, I don't have the same warm, hopeful, feeling in my stomach as I normally would at this point with most other romance stories, and although that is not inherently a negative, it makes me question the intentions of the author in regards to romance.

There's a definite over ripeness to the bitter-sweet taste of the story thus far, with an almost overwhelming skew towards the bitter end of that scale. And while the characters are compelling, the narrative is captivating, and the prose is commendable, I find myself distinctly wishing that our titular heroes DO NOT end up together. As unlikely as that result would be, I do believe it would make for a more coherent and complete tale.

Ultimately, I await and the next installment with a more muted energy than I usually would for a story of this caliber. All I can do is hope the ending is reasonable with the emotions and tone projected by the author.

anon7734Eanon7734Eover 1 year ago

I keep thinking about this story and occasionally come back to it. I really hope they end up together and I suspect some reichlinger backstabbing will force him to go back sooner than expected. But I do have one main gripe that I haven't found an answer too: How can Roderick feel anything at all for Valessa when she risked his life by Tabildigar because she couldn't stand to see him with Galmora? Roderick would never do this to anyone. To me this proves all the negative aspects of Valessa. She's just a selfless spoiled princess in the end. I guess the fact that it bothers me so much proves that I care about this story. Looking forward to the next chapter.

TheDemonWhispererTheDemonWhispererover 1 year ago

Fuck Valessa. That backstabbing manipulating little stuck up princess.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thank you. I'm looking forward to the rest. I won't deny the wait between chapters is longer than I'd wish, but for work of this quality that you're giving us as a gift, I can't imagining complaint being appropriate.

As for Valessa vs. Gorlana - Interesting. Complicated. Like life. I think whichever way you ultimately resolve it, part of me would want it the other way. It's all about getting there, and you're doing a great job of making that fun.

XacksonXacksonover 1 year ago

The o it thing this chapter really needed, was when the tech lingers returned for Rod to tell the 2 orcs with him it was an honour talking to them or hit them with it at the end of his captivity, would have thrown them for a loop being honoured for a simple conversation.

totostorytotostoryabout 1 year ago

@coax_me I don't know about the other or the story title that promised the end game will be 'RODERICK AND GORLANA', I hope Roderick end up with Valessa. I simply never loved Gorlana (except she`s good at sex), IMO Roderick should be honest with himself and Valessa about his true feelings/final decision and also tell her his history with Gorlana.

Cuthcavs55Cuthcavs55about 1 year ago

Love triangles always end up hurting my heart. I know most other people would probably hate it but roderick marrying Valessa and Gorlana to have a long-standing peace between the two countries would be amazing for me

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Excellent writing! Compelling, complex, well-reasoned. Excited to see where the story leads.

Side note: These comments are fascinating too, full of telling projections. Another symptom of good writing!

coax_mecoax_meabout 1 year agoAuthor

Thanks for all the feedback. Yes, I'm still slowly chipping away at the next part whenever I have the time. I wanted the choice in the love triangle not to be obvious, but even with the mixed response, I realized I likely messed up on Gorlana's characterization at least a bit. I've been trying to retool things to some degree, which has increased the length, but overall I'm sticking to my guns as far as where the story goes. Honestly re-reading certain parts of this one make me think I published it too hastily, but I know waiting is frustrating. I promise I'm not gonna Winds-Of-Winter you here. :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This would make a great movie.

The dialogue between the orcs on Rodericks side trying to understand humans is very funny. Kodoq I think his name is.

I come away liking the orcs much more than the humans in this story. Besides the rechslingers which are the more human version of orcs.

the princess is exactly how I would imagine these parasites are. very true to how these people act.

when rodericks band meets dagabanya the princess "does the right thing for her people" (her words not mine) and what is that "right thing" risking SOMEONE elses life!!! what a bitch

I hope roderick ends up with Gorlana and they end up just getting away from all this craziness

even though Gorlana changes her mind every few seconds which is also annoying

I think the wise old sage will be correct and that Roderick should stay away from the scheming princess. I don't trust her at all

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Valessa sucks. if she was not a princess who would want to be around her? would roderick want to be around those kind of stuck up backstabbing people.

-eventually the higher up humans will find out he is an orc. for political power games or just for gossip reasons.

-the humans seems much more interested in fighting and continuing the war than the orcs

-the sage make a great point about staying away from Valessa. she is just using people as Pawns.

-Valessa has no interest in actually working. she is a lazy stuck up brat.

-she does not bother to learn the Orcish customs. tried to throw away Rodericks life TWO times for only her own selfish personal reasons. NOT for the kingdom or whatever she claims. She didn't want Roderick to have sex with Daganga because she wanted Roderick. but she couldn't say that for some reason. So if she couldn't have him. then nobody could. and she gambled his life away without even asking him. Then she tried to get everyone else killed by telling them to break the honor code and attack towards the end of the duel with the huge orc.

-she sends out the pigeon without talking to Rodderick and goes after the bear like a complete child. which causes Rodderick to break his leg and ultimately get captured. all because of her stupid childlike ways after telling Rodderick that he needs to ban Freudling from joining without telling him the actual reason. just BC I SAID SO.

Gorlana is a much better choice. they obviously have that connection with the rutting in a day or so which is incredible. I really hope they do end up together. if they have to walk away from everything then so be it. and just live in peace.

if these stupid people can't get along then that is their problem. Are they to just throw their lives away forever?

I would just walk away and live my best life. They have earned that.

I can't believe these people in the comment section saying Valessa is the better choice. Did you people even read the story? Valessa is better at what? she sucks and if he stays with her his family and everyone around him is in danger because if they find out he is part orc they humans probably will kill him.

Where on the other hand the orcs don't care about that nearly as much.

I can understand Gorlana's choices even if I think she is wrong in what she did most of the time.

After she rutted and tied herself to that tree for 3 days. She was so broken she could not go back and find Roderick and it hurt so much and she was so scared that he might reject or. or maybe even that he did not find her. I think in order for rutting to happen both orcs have to truly love each other? or is it just one of them? I'm not sure. but if it is just one. Gorlana loved Roderick but in her mind maybe he didn't feel the same if he didnt chase after her? she was 75% orc. and probably thought that SHE knew how rutting worked so Rodderick should too. (exactly how most females think btw) but she didn't think about how he was having to hide the fact that he was part orcish at all and probably did not know as much about orcs. so that would be more her fault. granted they were both very young 18 at the time and it is harder to act on your thoughts in the same way as when you are older. and If Rodderick had the same mindset he does now. he probably would have followed her into the woods. The orcs would have accepted him on some level since they had the rutting together. and lived a much happier life together. I hope those two end up together. they are much more compatible for so many reasons.

so if Gorlana was broken and scared I can understand why she didn't want to search out for Roderick and tried to leave that part of her in the past. It is a little far fetched that they wouldn't have found each other. but I can see it because Gorlana would have had to be the one searching for Roderick since she knew he was the higher up commander. Although Korboq and Rodericks other orcish friends would have probably known who Springsnake really was. but I get it for the sake of the story some things have to be glossed over to make it completely plausible.

It was funny to me that Gorlana gets upset at Roderick for having sex with the other Orcish chief and yet she is with that horrible Rechslinger and then has sex in FRONT of rodderick. very stupidly risking her own life as well because of the scents.

Or Gorlana changing her mind 3 times in about a day when Roderick is in the prison. but again she is still a female and they are known to change their minds like that haha

The people pushing for Rodderick to choose Valessa seem very stupid to me. It feels like they didn't even read the story. Even the wise old sage warned Rodderick to stay away from Valessa. Because he knows she is all about getting more power for herself just like all politicians and will use whatever she has to in order to get more and more power. also it is not safe for Rodderick because the higher up humans will discover he is orcish in time

All in all this would make an excellent movie. the banter between Korboq and the 2 orcs that are talking to Rodderick in Gorlana's camp are very funny. I hope Gorlana and Rodderick end up together. That is what I think I would do if I was in Rodderick's shoes. and a good story like this one makes us think we are IN the story.

AWESOME STORY. WOULD BE A GREAT MOVIE WITH THE DIALOGUE IN HERE TOO

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This is one of the most captivating stories I've read on here in a long time. To the author: You should consider printing this story to sell. I would have easily paid for the privilege of reading it. You have a lot of talent. I started this story yesterday afternoon and wound up with only 3 hours of sleep because I couldn't put it down. Fantastic stuff.

The world building is incredible, it feels as familiar to me as many other fantasy settings I love, and with the way the characters are written I feel as if I've known Roderick and his struggles for 10 years. The story is complex, rich, and every plot point is an emotional experience. I look forward to the ending with equal parts anticipation and dread, as this story will most likely not have a happy ending for all characters.

I suspect that Valessa already knows about Roderick's lineage, if not from previous investigation then through Darganya. If that is the case, then Darganya probably revealed how Roderick feels about Gorlana, when he reacted to her name being mentioned before his capture by Gorlana's tribe. I believe her true motivation is to use Roderick to extort everything she can from Gorlana through the peace treaty, and then reveal his lineage to the Andralian nobles, calling off the wedding and revoking his dukedom. Alternatively, she could use his lineage to try and usher in an era of acceptance of orcs among humans, however that would be a very risky political gamble and I doubt she will attempt it. It is my hope that Southern Orthalia will be given to Roderick to rule, and it will be made a protectorate of Andralia but also be recognized as a clan by the Goathorn Throne, allowing Roderick to call out and kill that treacherous little shit Traulc, and become the Queen Consort. These are just my best guesses.

As for what will really happen I do not know, but I eagerly look forward to the next installment in the series and thank the author for taking time to write this wonderful story.

Jcrown4Jcrown412 months ago

I'm sad. Nooooo. The dream of rod and gor. D;

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

@coax_me: I don't think I am going to say anything different than the million fans you have here except I had to remind myself this is an erotia lol.... I'm on to part 5...

Your fan

~ Black Ruby

AWriterGuyAWriterGuy11 months ago

This is a very good fantasy story. The sexy parts are great and all, but I am just flat out enjoying this as a book. The bits of humor interjected with everything else really are what puts this over the top for me.

Bluesea00Bluesea004 months ago

Great story. Specjally fascinated with the care you put in you personages

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usercoax_me@coax_me
Simply a longtime reader that started to delve into writing a bit myself, and decided to share some of it on here.