Room Wanted Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"He can also name every Star Trek episode and name the director, don't ask him about the films though, he gets rather cross." He grinned, "His mother couldn't handle his temper, so he came to me for respite, two and a half years back, never seemed to leave. He goes back to see his seven brothers and sisters once a month and comes back all fired up and cross," he jerked his thumb back towards the living room, "takes my girls five minutes to bring him back down though.

Strange family; I think the general busy-ness and chaos of their place drives him insane; his mum got married for the third or fourth time and Paul struggled getting on with new Dad -- classic Asperger's. Change, he doesn't get it. New Dad didn't get it either and what's more didn't try. As far as he was concerned Paul 'should' like him because he was such a great bloke and such a comedian especially when it came to making jokes out of Paul's strange habits' and calling him a retard -- a word he must have learned off of the TV."

Rob couldn't hold in his contempt, "So he was here for respite almost daily. His mum rather snottily suggested I adopt him as he liked my house so much more than hers..." he grinned, "So I did, just to annoy her, bitch." Naomi giggled at his humour. "So just to really piss her off, I arranged for her so-called retard son to sit his exams early - with his GCSE's and A levels now he has twice as many qualifications as the rest of her 'normal' household put together - his mother included, the fat dumb bitch can barely write her name, in his tutor's words, if you put his Mum and new Dad together, you'd just about make a half-wit."

Naomi spluttered the last of her coffee, "When I was a teaching assistant my first job was with an autistic boy."

"You said you were a TA," he seemed pleased to be talking about something else.

"Yes, I was half way through my degree when my parents passed away and it all got a bit messed up; I took a few years out to get my head straight, then couldn't get back into uni'. I got a job as a TA and the head teacher kept promising to sponsor me through the rest of my course. Never happened of course; when I got bumped down the list for the third time, I left and signed up at Uni' again."

"Good," said Rob, "I teach at the FE College," he said, "Law, English, English Lit, history and politics. Other than that my time's pretty much my own. That's why I wanted someone that can keep an eye on the gang for me, I seem to spend every evening at that bloody college these days."

"No problem, you have a fantastic family, you have every right to be proud of each and every one of them."

"Oh I am," Rob grinned. She was desperate to tell Rob that she too was adopted, she too wanted to be part of this wonderful family.

He stood and walked to the fridge and took out a large film-wrapped mound of freshly made dough.

"I'm going to make pizza," he said, "fancy some?"

"Yes, can I help?"

He asked her to get out various items from the fridge and she did so. She grated some cheese and pinched a few errant pieces, delighting in the flavour.

"Try this one," said Rob, handing across a small piece of another cheese. She bit into it and purred.

"Hmmmmmmmm," her face lit up, and Rob smiled back; she thought of better days at her parents' house, and grinned, "This needs port!"

Rob pursed his lips, rubbed his chin, and pulled out a large sliding cupboard, and he looked in as if deciding which bottle he wanted. He reached to the back and found a dark bottle, and withdrew it, reading the label and smiling.

"Half a bottle I bought some months back, never had someone else to drink it with me before." He handed it across.

As the pizzas sizzled in the oven, Rob and Naomi sat staring across the table, picking at squares of various cheeses, the occasional wheat or cream cracker and sipping luxuriously at the port, which was a particularly good one. At one point, he hand-fed her a piece, and the moment was as yummy as the crumbly Wensleydale she took from his fingers with her lips.

They suddenly remembered the pizzas in the oven and she delivered them to the front room, wanting only to sit in the kitchen with Rob and chat. They did so, eventually dragged into the front room with what was left of the bottle shared between them. They all sat in front of the TV watching a Harry Potter film until bed time when cookies and hot chocolate were handed around.

As she slept that night her dreams were disturbed, but in a quite nice way, by visions of Rob and that moment when his fingers touched her lips and they stared across the kitchen at each other.

As promised she arrived for Sunday lunch and sat across from Matt again, he was delightful. She found that Carla was next to her and had taken the seat that Lizzie had the last time. Again, the thing she was most concerned about was Paul and whether he'd be OK with this change in arrangements. She talked to him about it and he was fine.

Rob's lunch was spectacular - the large rolled brisket he'd bought the day before melted in the mouth and was flavoured beyond any other beef joint she'd ever tried. The roast potatoes where crispy enough to die for and the usual collection of roasted vegetables where cooked and arranged in a way she'd never tried before.

To add the final perfection, if that was possible, he took the lid from a pot that had been simmering on the hob the whole time and lifted a large Pyrex bowl from it. The bubbling yellow colouring told her this was golden syrup sponge, handmade and he'd even made real custard to go with it.

The years just rolled back, yet again.

At a little after three and following the most fantastic time they all rose, and started to load the dishwasher. Carolyn made tea and asked Naomi to take a seat in the front room. In a few moments the rest of the family arrived and sat, flopped and generally spread themselves around the living room and the TV. Carla was first to the remote and one of the Star Wars films was on. Carla flipped to the 'plus1' version of the channel and they were able to watch it from the start.

Carla slid closer to Naomi and she could feel her flinch at some of the action bits. Hoping it was OK she raised an arm to allow her even closer and Carla responded pulling her arm around her and occasionally whispering into her ear bits about the film.

When the film finished, Rob said that everyone needed to get their stuff sorted for the early start that many of them had for the next morning. Rob was at the college, Matt to a day trip with the local support group, Lizzie was off on a bike ride with friends, while Carolyn would be sitting Carla, not Paul of course; at least not directly or with his knowledge.

"Thanks Rob," she said as everyone peeled away in different directions, "That was the most wonderful afternoon, thanks again."

"Anytime," he said, "you're hereby officially invited to Sunday lunch whenever you feel like it, although a few hours' notice would be good, just for veggies prep you understand."

She laughed. "You're on; next Sunday."

"Is there anything you don't eat?" said Rob, "Paul doesn't eat swede or parsnips unless they're mashed together, Carolyn hates marrow but not corgettes, Lizzie vomits over broad beans, at least she always threatens to -- Carla eats everything."

"So do I," she grinned, thinking about the little girl and her start in life, "I was brought up to it."

"Great," he looked pensive, "will have to do something impressive next week." He tapped his cheek.

"And that wasn't?" she said.

"Not really," he said, "no 'je ne sais qua' if you ask me."

"What!?!" Naomi almost shrieked, "The brisket was perfect," she stopped, thought for a few seconds and took a risk; she placed a hand on his shoulder, leaned in and whispered in his ear, "I'd kill for another piece of that syrup sponge."

He grinned, placed his other hand over hers and said, with the smile of the satisfied professional, "I'll take that as half compliment -- half hint."

"Thank you," she whispered back, then moved back a bit, realising how close she was to him and seeing Carolyn watching them. She smiled to Carolyn, "I'll tell you what, I'll keep an eye on Carla tomorrow, its Carolyn's holiday as well."

"Aww thanks Nomes!" said Carolyn digging out her mobile, and beginning to text some friends as she walked away.

The next day, the noise from downstairs woke her and she headed into her bathroom and had another shower; it was electric so no worry about an empty tank after a certain time of the day.

She dressed in jeans again, and was pulling on her blouse when her door flew open and in came Carla at 100 miles an hour.

"Are we going out today No'mee?"

"I expect so Darling," chuckled Naomi as she buttoned her blouse over her full bosom, "we'll have to see what Paul wants to do..."

"Carla?" it was Rob his running feet on the stairs, "Carla, leave Naomi alone look, she's probably..."

Suddenly Naomi had a thought, and hastily tucked her thin cotton blouse into her jeans, and rather than buttoning the last two buttons, she undid one.

There was a tap at the door.

"Come in Rob, it's fine," she waited for him to come in before she resumed dressing. Carla was in her bed lightly bouncing and Naomi turned her smiling face to Rob, her fingers pausing at her just exposed bra and cleavage.

"Sorry Nomes," said Rob, she noticed him dropping his eyes to check out her display then looking quickly back up into her face, "as soon as we told her that she was spending the day with you we couldn't hold her back."

"No problem Rob," said Naomi leaving the last button undone to expose more flesh than she normally did. Rob didn't seem to mind, and she figured that it was no more than many women did.

She came down and made breakfast for herself, Carla and Paul, and was joined by Lizzie, dressed brightly and well for her cycle ride and picnic and she helped her prepare her snack food.

Carolyn appeared, said goodbye and disappeared. Then there was a thump at the door, and half a dozen girls all Lizzie's age all with same classic city bikes with flowers on the baskets loaded with sandwiches and drinks just as Lizzie's one now was.

"Miss Williams!" There was a few shouts from some Lizzie's friends that went to Priors Park and knew her, she waved and went out to meet them. She made sure that Lizzie had everything she needed, including sunscreen, and slipped her a five pound note to get herself 'something yummy' when she was out and brushed a few of her madly errant hairs back behind her ear. Lizzie gave her a hug and kiss and was on her way, with nice smiles from her friends and another addition to the 'Lovely Miss Williams' story.

Naomi waved them all off, telling them to take care on the roads and to have a great time. Lizzie looked very pleased about the whole thing.

Back in the kitchen she decided that she, Carla and Paul would eat out that day. However, Paul announced that he was going to stay in and he would make himself a sandwich at lunchtime. She sent Rob a text and he said that this was fine and he would phone Paul a couple of times and check he was OK.

So she plastered Carla with sunscreen and putting on some herself -- with Carla's assistance of course -- they walked to the bus stop and hopped on the very next one and went into the nearby town and the castle, somewhere that despite living within a bus ride distance Carla had never seen before.

Carla was intrigued by the history she saw around her and asked questions of the history teacher she was with. The re-enactors helped to bring the place to life even more and Carla was a tiny bit upset by one of them, a very tall man dressed in black.

"Into the cage little girl," said the man in his best performance artist method acting, and Carla clung to Naomi's leg. The man took a step closer.

"She doesn't want to," said Naomi, putting her hands protectively onto Carla's shoulder.

"We don't care if she wants to or not, the people will decide!" He roared and Naomi felt Carla freeze as the rest of the crowd laughed.

Naomi grinned sweetly and indicated that the actor she lean in closer. "I said she doesn't want to play..."

"There was a notice on the way in that clearly stated that..."

Naomi rested a hand on his plastic chain mail and pulled him close, "Yeah, she's eight and I don't think it's appropriate..."

"I'm a fully trained actor and this has been worked out very carefully..."

"Yeah?" she snarled quietly into his ear, "I'm a fully trained history teacher and unless you want me to point out the twenty two flaws in your presentation at the top of my voice and the half a dozen in your costume that I've counted so far then you carry on my friend -- because Trip Advisor is just SCREAMING out my name right now!"

She felt Carla relax again, happy that Naomi was there to protect her.

The actor, slightly more deflated than he had been before continued and picked on a willing teenage girl to go into the cage and for him to describe the myriad tortures and agonies that would have been dealt out to the poor unfortunate occupiers 700 years before.

Word must have spread as Carla was not picked out again, and they continued their tour and it was great fun. Much as it stuck in her throat to admit it, Naomi did consider bringing her year eights here next year for part of a lesson on the middle ages!

They sat on the grass before the huge castle keep eating hotdogs and fries and drinking chilled cola.

Carla spoke, "I didn't like that man," she said.

Naomi could guess which man, "I know sweetheart, I'm sorry, I didn't know they would be that nasty and scary."

"Yeah, but you scared him off No'mee!" said the tiny girl popping on to her knees, "You told him, you made the scary man go away."

"Yeah," said Naomi with a grin behind her sunglasses, "we showed him!" She held up her hand and Carla high-fived her and gave her a quick hug, quick as if she was testing it out.

They got the bus home and Naomi was on hand to welcome all of the excursionists back, and was happy that Paul had taken care of himself extremely well, and while she knew he'd had a sandwich and a packet of crisps, everything was back in its place in the kitchen, exactly the same place they'd been before she left.

Lizzie came in hot and with just the hint of redness on the tops of her arms and unpacked her bag of the few remaining items from her picnic. Mattie was next and she welcomed him from his bus, shouting in delight when she recognised one of the carers on the trip from her time as a TA two years before.

She waved the bus off and held the door while he drove his chair into the front of the house.

Finally at a little after six there was Carolyn, full of smiles and relaxed.

Rob was still at a drop in session at the college for prospective students and for those that were concerned they hadn't quite got the results they wanted. Even though she knew that her charges had all had long days and would probably disappear to their own rooms she still brought her lesson plans down with her and sat up to the kitchen table that had a view of the living room.

Rob had left tea with instructions and Carolyn and Lizzie naturally prepared a plate for her, and she joined them again. As the dishwasher chuntered away to itself she was working on some year eight assignments for the next term when she felt a nudge next to her. It was Matt in his wheelchair.

"Hello Darling," she beamed.

"H'lo No-mee," he beamed back.

"How are you?" she asked brightly putting down her pen.

"Fi' thang you," he replied. She reached out and squeezed his hand. Next one in was Carla, evidently looking for her big brother. She perched on the chair next to Naomi watching what she was doing.

"Watcha' dooooin'?" she pined, sidling closer to Naomi.

"Lesson plans for year eight history darling," she said.

"What was the question?" she asked stretching up and trying to look down on the notes she was writing.

"I want everyone to write about what caused the Black Deeeeeeeath!" she wriggled her fingers in her face and cackled. Carla giggled and flinched back. Matt laughed too.

"Bu-bo playee," said Matt very matter-of-factly.

"Yes!" said Naomi pointing at him, "Exactly! You remember what caused it though Mattie?" Carla thrust a hand in the air.

"I read that it Horrible Histories!"

"Yeah, but Matt is talking isn't he Princess,"

"Flee' hon rah-sss." He beamed, "Gee Cee Hess HEEE!" he burst out and tapped his chest with his thumb, still proud of his General Certificates of Secondary Education that he had gained despite what others thought him capable of.

"Woohoo!" cheered Naomi, "what others do you have honey?"

"He's got...."

"Matt's going to tell me," she took in the slightly crestfallen look from Carla, so moved next to her and put an arm around her looking straight at Matt.

"Ingli', Sci' ann, Hih-dory," he paused and looked up as if thinking about his qualifications, "Ma'hss foun...", he looked to Carla for support, almost as if Naomi wouldn't know what the word was.

"Foundation maths," whispered Carla in her ear.

"Wow! Get you!!" she said genuinely impressed, "Which science did you get?"

"Huuuu-ma bi--oh gee."

"I failed that one," said Naomi with her eyes down, then grimaced back, "Had to re-sit at college," she whispered.

Matt looked triumphant, "Eee-hee!" he said and waved his hand.

"Easy?" she stood, "EASY?" she came round behind him in his chair and tickled him as lightly as she could, knowing how easily a swift movements could irritate or upset his condition. He giggled, and Carla put her hand to her mouth laughing at this grown-up she had only known a short while playing with her brother.

Carolyn appeared in the doorway, as she so often did when there could be a problem "And what's all this racket?" she grinned.

"Mattie is larging it about his GCSE's," laughed Carla.

"He got human biology, I didn't," Naomi stopped tickling to put her arms around Matt's shoulders and hugged him, their faces touching. He rubbed his cheek against hers.

Cuddles; a warm body against hers, simple human contact. She'd missed it so much. She squeezed him softly and kissed his cheek, "Right, who's for a cup of tea?" She looked at Matt.

"Peees!" grinned Matt.

"Mee! Shouted Carla, and the noise had Lizzie putting her head around the door.

"What's going down?" she said.

"Tea," said Carolyn, "Nomes is in the chair."

"One sugar pleeeease," said Lizzie.

"Hang on," she said seeing all the faces, even Paul was there now.

She looked across the kitchen and saw the big red tea pot, and a mug tree. The evening sun was falling across it and it looked perfect.

"My shout then," said Naomi affecting disappointment, "but someone will have to show me where it all is."

"Suddenly the entire family, Mattie included were huddled round her showing her tea bags and how the kettle worked and she was carried along by it all. Paul stood and watched, and Naomi made sure that she included him at whatever distance he wished to maintain.

Matt's special cup was put with the rest and he too had a cup of tea. A while after, the cry 'SIMPSONS!' went up and she was dragged away from the kitchen table and her lesson planning to the long sofas and she found that tonight she had Carla under one arm and Lizzie under the other. She stayed there for the hour that the Simpsons was on. They all laughed and sipped tea; the warmth of the two girls was wonderful and she could easily have stayed there all evening. But her planning was calling her (she wanted it done early so she could enjoy the summer) and at the end of the Simpsons she grudgingly stood, leaving her warm spot for the kitchen table.

As she carried on with the planning, Carolyn appeared with a second mug of tea. "Thanks Darling," said Naomi taking the cup gratefully, "I've nearly finished."

123456...8