Room with a View

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You see this naked body, babe? You are free to put your hands on any part of it, any time. If you want a kiss, I'm here. If you want to join me in the shower, just come on in."

"You're different, Bobby. I had no intention of doing this tonight. I still have no intentions of getting too involved romantically with anyone. I enjoy the freedom I have right now. I want you to enjoy your freedom. If you have a girl and you two want to have sex, do it. It's not my business to tell you who to have sex with. Just like sometime next week when Tom shows up. We'll enjoy sex together again."

I didn't really want to hear that part. At least she was being honest with me. The sex was for both of us. She wasn't just doing me a favor. Maybe the six-year age difference was a big deal to her. I could understand that, although it didn't bother me.

"Can I tell you something, Bobby? You're an easy guy to like. I think I've found a great renter, a good friend, and as a bonus I enjoy looking at your naked body. Let's not forget the sex. That wasn't even in my thoughts before tonight. I would have been content with just a good and polite renter. I want you to feel at home here. I've cleared off a shelf in the fridge for you and there are a couple of shelves in the pantry for your canned and boxed foods."

"By the way, you might like Tom if you see him next week. He's in pharmaceutical sales and he has a large sales territory here in Northern California. He tries to come by here at least once a month when he stays overnight. I met him at the resort. Nice guy. Just not interested in ever being in a committed relationship again. I think I told you that earlier. Anyhow, if you meet him, you may want to pick his brain about pharmaceuticals since that's going to be your career.

We sat in the tub for nearly 45 minutes until it was time for Ruth to go to bed. She had a 12-hour shift beginning at 7 the next morning and she usually woke up before 6. I had an 8-hour shift from 9-6 the next day at the pharmacy. Still, this Friday was by far the most eventful of my young life. Someone up above must have known that I needed someone like Ruth in my life.

Ruth got home close to 8 that next night. I had done a little bit of grocery shopping to get started in my new home. I was writing a note to my parents that I had planned on leaving on the kitchen bar the next morning while I was cleaning out my possessions out of my room while they were at church. Ruth saw what I was doing, gave me a pleasant kiss on the lips, and grabbed a soda from the fridge.

She perused through her mail and glanced at the newspaper while I finished my letter. I began to fold it when she asked if she could read it. With all that we had shared the night before, I had no problem sharing something this personal. She read these contents:

Dear Dad and Mom,

As you may notice, my belongings are out of my room. Simply put, I have moved out. I did this while you were at church because I didn't want a big argument and I especially didn't want to hear any more sermons from Mom. You may call it being a coward, I call it escaping from prison.

I have never been able to do enough to make you two happy. At least, not Mom. Dad, I never know exactly what you think because Mom never lets you have an opinion of your own.

I have always had good grades in school. I have never caused you any behavioral problems except for my rejection of your religious dogma. I had friends at school that I couldn't have to our house because they weren't "church kids." If you would practice some of that love that's so beautifully written in 1st Corinthians, Chapter 13, you may have learned to like some of these kids...guys and girls.

I learned that turning 18 and being a legal adult wasn't going to change a thing. Your threat of cutting off my insurance if I didn't do what you wanted was the final straw. I plan on getting my own policy, even if it costs double what I pay now as a rider on your policy.

I'm not leaving a forwarding address or phone number. You know where I work, but it's not a good deal to interrupt me during my shift. If you desire to meet somewhere publicly, like a coffee shop, we can set up a date. However, I AM NOT moving back there. A homeless shelter has more appeal to me than going back to that house of depression.

I do love you both. I sit here fighting back tears because I haven't seen much evidence of love from you two. You did a great job of providing food, clothing, and shelter. I had friends at school that I envied because they had loving and caring homes. Their parents might not have been the "Christians" that you claim to be, but they loved their kids and the kids knew it. Those were the people that made high school bearable.

I'm living with a friend and I don't wish to share that home information with you. Besides, I'm sure you'd hate her also, although she's a fabulous human being with a ton of compassion. You might want to discover the teachings of Jesus about compassion also while you're at it.

Love,

Your heartbroken son, Bobby

I watched as Ruth read that letter. I saw a couple of tears escape her eyes. She must have read it at least a couple of times before commenting on it.

"Babe, just from the time I've known you, that must have been so difficult to write. I don't understand how someone's religion can be so strict that they turn their backs on their kids."

"Well," I interrupted, "It's my guess that I wasn't really wanted to begin with. I was probably a mistake and she was stuck with it. Who knows? I can't control things of the past, especially as a minor and not allowed to make too many decisions. I guess I should consider myself lucky that I was allowed to have a job. Of course, that kept me out of the house. Maybe it was a win-win for all of us. Like the letter stated, it was my handful of friends that made high school bearable."

"Bobby...sweetheart... that's what this is. A new start. I would like to meet your parents sometime. Would that bother you?"

"Not at all. Go at your own risk. If you can talk any sense into her, I'd be eternally grateful. Actually, I already am. I have been more relaxed than I have in...well...it seems like forever."

Suddenly, Ruth changed her mind.

"No, you know what, let's go right now. I'll go with you. I'll leave my nursing uniform on. No, you're not a coward if you do it tomorrow, but I'll be there with you. Just do what you have to do. You'll have to trust me Bobby. It won't be as bad as you think."

"Yes, they'll be upset. Maybe more disappointed. I do have a little knowledge of psychology. They don't have to know that I'm a nudist or that we're having sex. She'll probably assume we're having sex even if we hadn't. Let's go. Please, Bobby. Trust me."

I didn't want to, but with Ruth being so reassuring, I didn't say no. My stomach was in knots. Once it was over, I knew I'd be okay. I just didn't want the confrontation. I knew my mother could be mean to those that challenged her will. I was praying that Ruth knew what she was doing."

Ruth rode in my car as we traveled the 5 miles to what would be my former home. With traffic, 5 miles equaled about 15 minutes.

"Something I need to tell you, Bobby," Ruth mentioned while at a stop light.

"When you called yesterday about the room, you mentioned your employer. I called and talked to Mr. Stotts for a reference. That guy couldn't quit talking about how much he liked you and admired you. He talked about your maturity, which was much further along than any 18 year old kid he had ever known. He seems anxious to help you in your career. He talked about your work ethic and your intelligence."

"We also talked about your mother. He wasn't quite as kind talking about her. He even mentioned to me that on two occasions that he and his wife offered to take you into their home. I guess he met your mother a few times in the store...and to say the least he wasn't impressed at all."

I knew what she was referencing. Once mom went into the pharmacy and called Mr. Stotts a hypocrite for selling medicine designed to heal while also selling beer and cigarettes which served to harm the body. To his credit, and probably out of respect to me, he controlled his tongue and just let her rant. I remember apologizing for her but Mr. Stotts just shrugged it off. "I'm just glad you're not like that Bobby. She doesn't represent who or what you are."

We pulled up in front of the house. I honestly didn't have a whole lot to move. I wasn't taking any furniture, just clothes in the closet and in my drawers. Also, my new electric typewriter I bought during my senior year would be valuable to me in college. I knew between Ruth and I we could be out in less than 10 minutes.

As expected, Mom wasn't too warm in welcoming Ruth. Dad was in his recliner, reading the newspaper. As usual, he was quiet, although he did stand up long enough to acknowledge Ruth and to shake her hand.

I casually told Mom that I was cleaning out my closet, drawers, and taking my typewriter. I told her that I was renting a room from Ruth.

"Moving in with a girl already, huh? Didn't take you long to start fornicating." I kept my cool. I knew that Ruth was there and I wanted it to be as easy on her as possible.

"Mom, Ruth is an RN at Mayfield Memorial and had an extra room to rent. This helps her with her mortgage and it gets me out on my own."

"And she's a woman."

"Yes. She has her own room, I have mine. If you want to believe something else, then I can't help it."

Ruth spoke up.

"Mrs. Cullen, I'm 24. I've been an RN for two years. I've been divorced for nearly two years. I'm not interested in another romantic relationship. I'm content to work on my career. Bobby is content to work on his career, starting with college. I know how some might want to interpret it differently and I can't change that. I can only live the way I know is right. The gossipers can just do what they do best."

Mom had no answer. Neither of us were admitting to a sexual relationship, but neither of us exactly denied it either. I knew from Mom's reaction that she was frustrated.

I was surprised that Mom never raised her voice. She was typically condescending with an icy disposition, but her voice remained calm. However, the longer I was there, the typical caustic remarks began to creep out. The condescension became not so subtle. At least there was no yelling.

Despite my eagerness to get the hell out of that house for good, I did experience a moment of nostalgia. These were my parents. It wasn't as if I was saying goodbye forever. I expected to have family get-togethers where I would be invited. I always enjoyed Aunt Edith, dad's sister, and her husband Uncle Benny. I always wanted to be a part of their lives. I would have preferred to live with them. I always got along with my cousin Ronnie.

I took the last bag of clothes to my car. I told them that I loved them. Surprisingly, Dad got up and shook my hand and wished me luck. Then, an even bigger surprise, he hugged me. I wasn't sure what to think, but I could tell he was fighting back tears. As we walked back to the car, I wondered if they had any further discussions about me that night.

The incident went much better than I had expected. Ruth was quiet. She noticed that I was fighting emotions.

"I assume you weren't expecting that from your dad?" Ruth asked.

"Shocked as hell," I replied. "Mom didn't seem to really give a shit, but Dad cared enough to show at least a little affection."

That was it. I couldn't stop the tears. I sat at a four-way stop trying to regain my composure.

"I'll drive us home Bobby," Ruth offered. "I might be in a little better shape to drive than you are."

I agreed. We switched places.

Neither of us said another word going home. I was just trying to get myself together. Ruth seemed to be deep in thought as well.

Within an hour, my belongings were brought into the house, clothes hung up, and the clothes we were wearing came off. "Time for a hot tub before I go to bed," Ruth suggested. "We both need it."

"I don't understand your mother, Bobby...I really don't," Ruth began. "I grew up with such loving parents. Religion wasn't a big part of my life. My parents are believers but have no denominational affiliation. Still, there was never a shortage of love in our home. You'll meet my sister and parents next month. You'll see a huge difference from what I saw tonight."

I reached over to hug her. She responded with a very tight and prolonged hug.

"I'm sorry, Bobby. I'm very sorry that you had to grow up in that kind of home. If I ever have children, I guarantee that they'll always know that they are loved." She was still holding me.

In honesty, I was more relaxed than at any other time during the night. I had made the move. I had a new life ahead of me. I was still moved by my dad's hug, but mostly I was relieved that I had put the worst part of my past behind me. I knew what I wanted next. Ruth didn't disappoint.

I moved my head in a position for a kiss. Again, she responded with great enthusiasm. Having her awesome naked body against mine and our tongues intertwined with a feverish passion, my cock began to respond accordingly.

"Bobby...tonight...let's go to my bed. Tonight, we're going to see how long you can last before shooting your load. I want that cock inside of me longer than a few seconds, okay?"

"Sure." I was going to be a willing student. It wasn't too difficult to understand that the better I did at pleasing her, the more chances I'd get to please her. That was a winning proposition for both of us.

Ruth threw one more compliment my way.

"Besides, yours is the thickest cock I've ever had. No one should ever be ashamed of their body, but you my dear friend, definitely shouldn't."

I was in a hurry to get her in bed. Beginning that night, I began to understand how that delaying my pleasure would not only increase her pleasure, but it also enhanced mine. It gave us more intense time together. Time with Ruth was always good. Time naked was even better.

Also, something seemed to happen to both of us that night. It was unspoken, but I sensed a different level of closeness. Maybe it was just because she knew me even better? Maybe understanding how my life had truly changed in two days?

She kept me on her bed for the night. I woke up with her the next morning when she got up to prepare for her day at work. The previous agreement had been that we'd each have our own rooms. Sex was just fun between friends. That seemed to change...or so it seemed.

Mr. Stotts had decided a few months ago, to close his pharmacies on Sundays. This cut back on some of my hours, although he was only open for 6 hours on Sundays. This would be my first full day at my new home. I no longer needed the letter I had planned to leaving on the breakfast counter at my old house and tore it up, but I still wanted to put into writing my sentiments to my parents. It was also an opportunity to let my dad know how much it meant for him to wish me luck and hug me. I hope it meant as much to him.

Mom and Dad,

I write this letter hoping you are both well. You did what you were legally responsible to do during the past 18 years. I had food on the table, clothes on my back, and a roof over my head. Sadly, I spent a lot of my time as a kid envying other kids that had caring and loving parents. Some of those kids were Christians also, just not at your church. The difference is, they acted like it. Greg, Marty, Jaz, and Maureen had parents that were involved in their lives. They were encouraged to be involved in clubs and sports. Marty wanted me to learn golf so badly but you always said it cost too much, although you always seemed to have money for things that you wanted. Other excuses involved not trusting me to manage my time well enough to get into the Thespians with Greg and Maureen or the debate team with Jaz.

These are moments that I can never recapture. They are gone for eternity. I am now making my own path, with no interference or negativity from home.

Dad, you'll never understand how good that hug you gave me felt. For so long, you've been so silent about anything involving me, and letting Mom do all the talking. I know what happens when you say or do something that she disagrees with. I've seen her temper. That's how she gets her way. It's a bullying tactic and it's worked like hell for as long as I can remember.

I hope that hug you gave me didn't cause any problems at home. If it did, that would be a shame. Showing some love for your son should be natural, not be a source of scorn.

Mom, despite these comments, I love you. I pray that somehow God convicts you of your evil and hypocritical ways. Dad, I promise to not be a stranger. If you ever need help around the house with a repair or project, I'm still a phone call away. My phone number is at the bottom of this letter.

Mom, you're welcome to call but the minute you start being condescending or insulting, I will hang up. Immediately, I will hang up. The same for Ruth. Chances are that she would be the one answering the phone unless she isn't at home. Be kind to her or she'll have no choice but to hang up. The only relationship I will ever have with you will either be a loving and supportive one, or none at all. My heart's been broken enough by you.

Love from your heartbroken son,

Bobby

I showed the letter to Ruth. She smiled as she read it.

"I couldn't have written it any better. You were both respectful yet forceful. Again, I don't understand your parents, especially your mother."

She told me about her parents. They had known each other since they were kids living in a village near Amsterdam. The village had an indoor community pool and its residents would use it year-round. It was owned by some wealthy nudists and the rules of the pool were simple...no swimsuits allowed. The only exception was for women on their period and they were allowed to wear a bikini bottom.

The other rule, also equally enforced, was no overt sexual behavior of any kind. No grabbing or fondling of breasts, genitals, or butts. Although erections weren't too common, a man was expected to go somewhere to relieve it and under no circumstances, play with it in front of the women and children.

Their families both moved to the US when they were 18. They learned some English in school, but it took them several months after arriving here in Northern California to be comfortable speaking English in a normal conversation.

They got married when they were 20. Dad was, and still is, a skilled cabinet maker. He still does that for a living. Mom eventually got her nursing license and she is still in nursing. They live 50 miles north of here, not far from Canyon Hills Nudist Resort, where Ruth insists that I should enjoy visiting with her.

Although their home had doors for the bedroom and bathrooms, the only time they were closed was for toilet needs and sex. Nudity was so common that no one even considered it odd. It was never sexual, at least not with the kids. She insisted that there was never any inappropriate behavior between parents and her siblings or between the siblings themselves. She also pointed out that as much as she had seen her father naked, she had never seen him with an erection.

Most importantly, as she had mentioned before, the home was a very loving and supportive one. Her parents had a very relaxed attitude about sex. Her sister, MaryAnn, seemed to take full advantage of that. To this day, she has yet to settle down. Ruth lost track a long time ago of how many men she had bedded. Her sister is 4 years older and shows no signs of making any long-term commitment

Her brother is the most settled of the three. He's very happily married and starting a family. He enjoys a monogamous relationship.