Roomies Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She chuckled back. "How is being Bi going to affect your relationship if you commit to each other?"

"That is the part of my problem, I think. Josh has a very good friend with benefits that he sees on occasion, but he would leave that in a heartbeat if he and I took the next few steps in our relationship."

"Yes. Yes, he would. But would you leave our relationship, if you committed to Josh?"

That made him stop. Though they didn't have sex very often, they still enjoyed each other's company.

"Wow, I hadn't really thought about that. As it stands right now, Josh would probably be really happy if you and I continued to have fun together. But I am not sure how either one of us would fare if we got very serious."

They sat there quietly for a few long minutes. He felt her fingers on the back of his neck and then around his ears. He turned to her, and she leaned up to him, kissing him hard. With her, it never took much to get him going. They soon were naked, under the covers, and having a good romp.

Afterwards, they cleaned up together and then sat back down on the bed. She was so radiant after sex, he almost forgot why they weren't an item. She must have recognized my mood.

"You and I have to stay friends," she said seriously. "We cannot have a relationship where we must be with each other. We just can't.

"Now, compare what you have with Josh. Do you feel the difference? Ya, we just had a delightful romp, but it's over and we return to being friends. After you and Josh have sex, how do you feel?"

He sat there quietly thinking. She took his hand and he looked at her face. She beamed. Not because of the sex, but because she loved him as a very dear friend. With Josh, it was different, as she had asked. Mike felt a deeper connection. Mike cared for Josh, but not just because they were friends and not because Mike had sex with Josh. Mike cared for him because his soul was trying to connect with Josh's.

"Well, it started out as just that. Sex feels good. No matter who it's with. But after being with him for a few weeks, it started to feel different. A connection. I slept with a few girls over our time at school, but I didn't feel anything with any of them. Just sex. I grew to expect to be with Josh at night."

"Well," Chloe said, holding him tight to her, "it sounds like you've got enough of a relationship to give it a try."

He nodded. "But I still don't feel comfortable showing my affection for him in public."

"Hun, that isn't something you feel automatically. Our social norms are such that it will be hard. But I think if you just be yourself, things will fall into place. It sounds like you've made your decision about Josh."

He nodded. He sighed. "God, I hope I haven't hurt him."

She chuckled. "From what I know about you two, Josh is probably just waiting for you to come around."

He nodded again. "Hey, come to lunch with me. My treat. I've got Mom's car for the day. We can head down to 'The Shack' and see whose hanging out."

She smiled and stood up. She pulled him into an embrace. She kissed him quickly and stepped back. "Sounds good. But I'm inviting Josh."

He nodded. "But don't tell him anything."

She chuckled. "I won't. That's your job."

She took his hand, and we went out to the car. She called Josh and asked him to meet at 'The Shack'.

'The Shack' is one of the oldest diners in the town. It has always been the favorite hangout for the high school kids. Every town has one. The menu is affordable, the atmosphere is good, and the owners have always been the nicest people in town.

They arrived just as lunch was beginning. Not yet crowded but getting there. Josh was already there. He only lived a couple of streets away. He was surprised to see Mike but didn't say or do anything. Out of habit, Mike sat across from Josh, Chloe to Mike's right.

"Hey," Mike said with a smile. Josh just nodded. Chloe looked back and forth between them. The waitress came, one of the best ones. She didn't even have to actually take our order; she had memorized everyone's favorites over the years. Josh got the biggest burger on the menu with the largest order of fries; a large soda to top it off. Chloe got a small Chefs Salad and diet cola. Mike, a fish sandwich with a small side salad with water. The waitress left to send our orders to the kitchen. They sat in silence.

Mike couldn't stand it anymore. He reached across the table and took Josh's hands in his. Josh jumped and then stared at his hands in Mike's. Josh then looked up into Mike's eyes.

Mike's eyes were wet, on the verge of tears. Mike looked away, pulled his hand from Josh's, and wiped his eyes on his arm. Mike returned his hand back to his friend.

"Josh, my love, I am sorry for any pain I may have caused you in the last few days," Mike said with a quiver. Josh's eyes were now wet, Chloe sniffled and grabbed a napkin. "I thought it would take me more time to sort out my feelings. I came out to my family last night. I spent the morning with Chloe. And before you wonder, we did have sex, as we have done many times in the past."

Josh chuckled and sniffled. He also grabbed a napkin and wiped his nose.

"So, my dear Josh," Mike said with a grin, "here's what I propose. Okay, maybe propose is a little early."

They all laughed.

Mike continued, "I suggest that we give our relationship the opportunity to see where it can go. However, I also know that you have fun with your friend Jamie. I am not against you continuing that arrangement, as long as you agree that I may occasionally find another female companion. Further, I promise you I will not have any other male companions, until you and I feel that it is acceptable in our relationship. One last thing, if either of us feels the need to alter our arrange, we will be open enough to discuss it and come to a favorable conclusion for both of us."

Josh had full tears streaming down his face now. Mike stood and leaned over the table and kissed him, keeping the connection to make sure others noticed. Mike then sat back down and refrained from looking around.

The waitress returned with the food. Josh grabbed a couple of napkins and wiped his face. Chloe also needed more napkins. They settled in and ate their food, talking of old times and feeling great.

As they ate, Mike felt Josh's feet over his and Josh smiled at Mike. Mike smiled back. When they had finished and the dishes had been cleared, the waitress brought coffee and the check. Mike went to grab the check, but Chloe snatched it up.

"My treat," she said, pushing back both chivalrous men. "You two, enjoy yourselves. Dawn's over there, I'll get a ride home with her." Josh and Mike tried to protest, but Chloe stood her ground. Then when the guys felt they had satisfied chivalry, they relented with a laugh. Chloe kissed both on the cheek and took her coffee to her friend's table.

Mike and Josh giggled. Mike reached for Josh's hands again and Josh took them enthusiastically. Mike glanced at the table Chloe had gone to and noticed that the other occupants were drilling Chloe about them. Mike chuckled and told Josh about it. Josh grinned his silly grin, looked back at the other table then leaned across our table and kissed Mike. Mike heard some gasps around them but ignored them. Josh moved back and smiled. They stared at each other for a long time. Finally, Mike's head cleared.

"Oh ya," Mike said, "Mom's gonna want you to come to dinner, sooner than later. When I explained to her about you and me, she was surprised that you weren't with me."

To Mike's surprise, Josh got very serious and looked away.

"What's the matter, love?" Mike said, squeezing Josh's hands.

Josh teared up again, but this time with sadness, not joy. When he was able to control his voice, he explained what happened at his house.

After he had left Mike, he walked to the nearest metro bus stop and took the bus close to his house. When he got to the house, his parents were in the kitchen. They seemed to be surprised he was home. His mother jumped up and hugged him. Josh put down his bag and returned the hug. His father smiled and nodded a greeting to him as Josh looked over his mother's shoulder. When his mother released, he sat at the table with them. Josh had made up his mind before he came home that it was time to come out to his parents. They were a fairly Christian-minded family, and he was scared as to how they would react.

He began by telling them about his schoolwork. He had told them on previous calls that he still hadn't settled on a major. He said this again, but promised he would put a lot of thought into it and hopefully declare before the next semester started. His parents nodded in understanding.

He then began to explain how much he was enjoying Mike as his roommate. He told them that Mike was one of his motivating factors, supporting him when he was ready to give up. He told them he and Mike had become very close. So close that they had become more than friends. Josh's dad frowned and his mother's eyes teared up.

"Mom, Dad, I am bisexual, leaning more lately to gay," he said, his voice a little shaky but he looked directly at his parents as he spoke.

His dad's face became angered. His face got red, and Josh could tell he was struggling not to explode. His dad wiped his face with a hand, and though his expression had eased slightly, it was still tense and red.

"Son," his dad said with forced control of his voice, "I am trying very hard to accept what you have told us, but...," he took a deep, "I can't condone such actions. You are my son, and I will still love you. But I cannot in good conscious support your lifestyle. I will ask you to please not stay in the house when you come to visit. You are welcome to visit anytime you like, without your partner."

Josh's mother was now fully crying, her shoulders wracked by sobs. Josh's father put his arm around her and comforted her. She would not meet his eye. Josh sat there looking from his father to his mother. He then stood, grabbed his bag, and left. He walked to the hostel in the center of town. He was able to cover the room with the money he had on hand for one night.

Mike was now crying. He moved closer to his lover and put his arm around him. He kissed Josh and asked if Josh was okay. Josh shook his head and sobbed. They sat together for long moments. Mike then became aware that they were getting uncomfortable stares from other patrons. Chloe had caught his eye and gestured concern. Mike shook his head but conveyed with his face that he was taking care of it. Chloe nodded.

Mike stood and took Josh by the hand. "Let's go get your stuff from the hostel and get you over to my house. You can stay with me until we go back."

Josh stood and Mike led him out of the café holding hands. Mike opened the door to the car and Josh smiled as he got in. When Mike had entered the car and started it, he reached over and took Josh's hand as they headed down the street. A quick stop at the hostel and they headed for Mike's house.

When they arrived, Mike's family was still out for the day. Mike grabbed Josh's bag and led him into the house. They went right up to Mike's room. Mike tossed Josh's bag in the corner and then pulled his lover to him. They embraced and their lips met. This was the first time they had kissed as an official couple. They danced around each other, kissing and hugging for long minutes. Josh put his head on Mike's shoulder and sighed.

"I love you," he whispered.

"I love you, too," Mike replied. Mike felt Josh shudder and Mike smiled.

Josh pulled back slightly, looking into Mike's face. "I have waited a long time to hear you say those words to me. By the way, I didn't officially accept your suggestion about our relationship. I am doing so now. Jamie and I have decided that we may need to keep our sexual encounters to a minimum going forward, as I had told her that I hoped you would soon be making a positive decision to our relationship. She said she is starting to build a relationship with a girlfriend of hers and hoped it would blossom." Josh leaned up and kissed Mike again.

Their kiss grew more passionate as it went on, but just as Mike decided to take it further, a light knock on the door announced his sister as she burst into the room. They separated but still held hands. Jenny stopped dead, a little shocked to see Josh there. But then smiled and embraced Josh. Mike could see that Josh was a little uncomfortable with this but didn't shy.

"So, I guess you two are an official couple now?" Jenny said with a smile.

Mike and Josh looked at each other and nodded.

"I wondered. A couple of my friend's text me that they saw you to kissing at 'The Shack'."

Mike and Josh both laughed. "Well, I guess the whole town will know soon enough," Mike said, squeezing Josh's hand. They all laughed.

"Mom wants you to come down, please," Jenny said as she headed out the door. "You should really get used to locking your door, bro."

Mike chuckled and nodded. Mike led Josh down to the kitchen where they found Mike's mom and dad. Mike's mom noticed their hands together and smiled.

"I guess you made your decision," she said looking at Mike. Mike blushed and nodded. "Well, Josh, welcome. You are welcome here anytime you'd like. You will call me Mom."

Josh blushed but nodded.

Mike spoke up then. "About that, I have invited Josh to stay with me for the rest of the holiday. Things didn't go so well at his house last night. He came out to them, and they were not as receptive as you were. Is it okay for him to stay with us?"

Mom nodded her head, then looked at her husband who gave a 'why not?' shrug. "Of course, he can. I am sorry to hear Bill and Ann reacted that way. But considering their religious feelings, I understand. Well, what are you two planning for tonight?"

Mike and Josh looked at each other and shrugged. "We actually hadn't thought that far in advance."

"Good, we are barbecuing tonight. We've got some chicken, hamburgers, hot dogs, and pork chops with all the fixings. Oh, we've invited a few friends and their families. Kind of a welcome home celebration for Mike....and now for Josh as well."

It was settled. Mom sent Mike and Josh to the rental store to get some tables, chairs and serving vessels. They took Dad's truck. They stopped at a Walmart and Mike picked up a few things for Josh. Josh protested but relented.

They unloaded at the house and set up the back garden for the barbecue. Mom and Jenny began decorating the tables and setting up the buffet table. Behind the buffet table, Dad was grilling away. He already had started on the chicken and chops. Before long the garden looked ready for a party. Smoke lingered lightly in the air to give the right appetizing start to the food. Mom and Jenny set out the fixings: potato salad, macaroni salad, gelatin salad, relish trays, condiment trays, chips, etc.

About 6 o'clock the first guests arrived, neighbors for across the street. They smiled and waved at Mike and the rest of the family as they came into the garden. Then more arrived and soon the garden was filled with adults mingling, children chasing each other and teens sitting in a grassy place, phones out but bantering together.

Mom called the dinner to order, and the guests lined up for the buffet. Mom grabbed Mike and Josh and guided them to the back of the line.

"Guests of honor don't have to wait in line. Please sit at the head table, over there," she said pointing to the bottom of the U-shaped table arrangement. She then loaded each of their plates with food.

Mike and Josh moved to their seats and sat to eat. When nearly everyone else had been served, Mom and Dad came to the head of the arrangement with plates full of food. Mike and Josh were nearly done, but Mom had brought an extra platter full of meats and set it in front of Mike and Josh. Josh smiled happily, Mike groaned.

As the dinner began to wind down, Mom told Mike and Josh to position themselves near the gate so the guests could say goodbye to them. Mike kept a firm grip on Josh's hand. As the guests came by, some looked shocked, others surprised, but nobody said anything to them.

A couple of Mom's friends stayed to help clean up and get the dishes into the house. The tables weren't due back until Monday, so they left them in the garden. Mike and Josh tried to help with the cleanup, but Mom insisted that the guests of honor didn't cleanup and shooed them into the family room. Jenny was already there, watching a movie. Mike and Josh moved to the couch and sat down. Josh cuddled to Mike as they sat and watched the movie. Dad joined them a few minutes later, sitting in his recliner.

Later, Mom came into the family room and looked around. Jenny was laying down on the floor, Mike and Josh were on the couch. Dad was in his chair, half asleep. Mom sighed and smiled. "Oh, it's good to have my whole family together again. And yes, Josh, you are now a member of this family as long as you and Mike are together. Speaking of being part of the family, I was so busy earlier, I didn't get to greet you properly." She moved in front of Josh and motioned for him to get up. Josh looked at Mike, who pushed him up. When he was standing, Mom embraced Josh. Josh was a little stiff at first, but then softened and allowed her to hug him. She then kissed him on the cheek and pulled back. "Welcome, Josh. We want you to feel comfortable here, as if it were your own home."

Josh nodded and sat back down with Mike. Mike pulled his blushing friend to him and kissed him on the lips. Josh was a little surprised at this openness but didn't resist. Mom smiled and took her favorite armchair to join the movie watching.

A little while later, Dad stirred from his rest. He asked Mike and Josh to join him at the kitchen table. Mike and Josh followed him, and they sat at the table. Dad came from the fridge holding three beers. Mike happily accepted. Josh was a little leery. He wasn't accustomed to being served alcohol by adults. Josh picked up his bottle and took a timid sip. Mike took a good pull from his bottle. Dad also took a good pull and then set his bottle on the table and looked at the two boys.

"Son, I am glad you were able to come to terms with your relationship with Josh. Congratulations to you both. Now, I remember part of the conversation we had last night, Mike, centered around open personal displays of affection."

Mike nodded.

"Well, according to you Mike, Josh doesn't, how did you say he put it, 'give a flying flock of fucking ferrets what others think'." Josh and Mike chuckled. "Well, though I personally agree with your sentiment, Josh, I am obliged to tell you that you will need to be careful. A few of my friends pulled me aside today and were concerned. I reminded them that it is your choice. Most of them accepted that, but others were not so nice. I am just saying, be careful. Don't antagonize others with your display. Be mindful of your situations and adjust accordingly. Don't feel obligated to push your relationship on others.

"On the other hand, you don't need to deal with bigotry and hate. If you are faced with those situations, leave as quickly as possible. If it gets too extreme, get help: the police, me, other supporters, but still try to leave the situation as best as can and as quickly as you can."

Dad picked up his beer and pulled again to wet his dry mouth. Mike and Josh nodded their understanding. The boys sipped their beers, Josh, still a little timid with his. Dad chuckled.

"Josh, son, don't fret. Mike knows that I will respect you as adults as long as you act like adults. Mike is accustomed to drinking a beer with me when we talk. I would hope that you will feel comfortable as well. I know it is hard to have your loved ones abandon you. If you need anything, just ask."

Josh nodded. Dad held out his hand and Josh took it. Dad pulled Josh into a man hug, then let him go. Dad nodded as he stepped back. They finished their beers. Mike took Josh by the hand, said good night to Dad and left the kitchen. They waved at Mom and Jenny as they headed up the stairs to Mike's room.